Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 09:33 - Apr 15 with 6035 viewsBluce_Ree

Cacking it now.

17 - Blackburn - 49 - LWDLW
18 - Plymouth - 48 - LLWDW
19 - QPR - 47 - WWLDL
20 - Stoke - 47 - WDDLD
21 - Birmingham - 45 - LWLLW
----
22 - Huddersfield - 44 - LDWLD
23 - Sheff Weds - 44 - DLWDD
24 - Rotherham - relegated

Saturday

HUDDERSFIELD v Swansea
Rotherham v BIRMINGHAM
STOKE v PLYMOUTH
QPR v Preston

Sunday

BLACKBURN v SHEFF WEDS

Remaining fixtures:

QPR v Preston
QPR v Leeds
Coventry v QPR

[Post edited 15 Apr 14:28]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 13:37 - Apr 15 with 1999 viewsTheChef

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 13:14 - Apr 15 by Logman

Its the body language that worries me. In times like this you need all 11 players on the pitch to pull and play together. That was a long, long way from being evident on Saturday. Somehow Marti has got to get them all running their socks off for the team for 100 minutes. Haka anyone ?

As mentioned elsewhere I didn't see the players not being together and not trying - Hull were simply better than us and made the most of scoring early.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 15:12 - Apr 15 with 1855 viewsE17hoop

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 13:22 - Apr 15 by Hunterhoop

It’s proven itself to be pretty rubbish though this analytical simply because the %s vary so much week to week.

If Plymouth lose to Stoke on Saturday, they go 2 points below Stoke and their % shoots up.

Now, I know the existing %s factor in the likelihood of upcoming results, but the fact they keep changing every week and aren’t broadly consistent over a 3-4 week spell means the results are not actually occurring to likelihood, hence this not being indicative of much.

Still interesting though, E17.

The % will change as it reassesses the scores. I think the fact we've swung from 30% to 3% in a few weeks is more to do with our Jekyll and Hyde performances than a failure in the methodology.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 17:22 - Apr 15 with 1661 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 09:49 - Apr 15 by Toast_R

If QPR fail to beat Preston on Saturday, its League One next season and it will be absolutely deserved. You cannot keep passing up games in the fashion they have been doing all season and expect to get away with it because eventually, it catches up with you.

I don't think they've got the bollocks to do it personally. When the heat is on, this QPR team has melted time and time again. The only thing going for QPR in this run in, is that they can no longer gift 3 points to the teams below them.

Completely agree. Regardless of any other results and permutations, we must win on Saturday. They will probably have nothing to play for but finishing a place or two higher, while we are fighting for our lives. They will have played (away) midweek; we won't.

It's time for them to step up...
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 17:28 - Apr 15 with 1653 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 10:08 - Apr 15 by Bluce_Ree

QPR v Preston
QPR v Leeds
Coventry v QPR
----
HUDDS v Swansea
HUDDS v Birmingham
Ipswich v HUDDS
----
Blackburn v SHEFF WEDS
SHEFF WEDS v West Brom
Sunderland v SHEFF WEDS

We could do with Leicester beating WBA on Saturday as they'd still not be guaranteed a play-off place when they play Wednesday the following week. Can see Huddersfield beating Swansea and losing to Ipswich, which means that Birmingham match becomes crucial.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:01 - Apr 15 with 1617 viewsLongRanger

I don't get the insistence that the next game is always a must win or doom scenario, its not, and its not for every other team either. Blackburn got hammered by Bristol City on Wednesday and beat Leeds on Sunday, who saw that coming? We need 3 points from 3 games IMO, without doubt Saturday looks like the best opportunity to get them, but if we don't, then we need to get 3 points from 2 games. Lets not forget last season we beat Burnley to stay up.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:13 - Apr 15 with 1599 viewsNed_Kennedys

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:01 - Apr 15 by LongRanger

I don't get the insistence that the next game is always a must win or doom scenario, its not, and its not for every other team either. Blackburn got hammered by Bristol City on Wednesday and beat Leeds on Sunday, who saw that coming? We need 3 points from 3 games IMO, without doubt Saturday looks like the best opportunity to get them, but if we don't, then we need to get 3 points from 2 games. Lets not forget last season we beat Burnley to stay up.

It’s naive to underplay just how important this Saturday’s game is.

It is clearly the least difficult game we have left and the pressure on the players, manager and supporters if we don’t win will massively increase.

We REALLY do not want to have to face Leeds the following Friday night knowing only a win could possibly save us, especially as every other team will be playing the next day.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:22 - Apr 15 with 1577 viewsdaveB

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:13 - Apr 15 by Ned_Kennedys

It’s naive to underplay just how important this Saturday’s game is.

It is clearly the least difficult game we have left and the pressure on the players, manager and supporters if we don’t win will massively increase.

We REALLY do not want to have to face Leeds the following Friday night knowing only a win could possibly save us, especially as every other team will be playing the next day.

no one is underplaying that it's an important game but we do still have 2 games left to win after this one. I wouldn't fancy us to stay up if we don't win at the weekend but it would be possible

If feels like the pressure on this one is massive which makes it a very difficult one mentally for the team and supporters
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:24 - Apr 15 with 1568 viewsLongRanger

I’m not naïve, I get the importance, as I said it’s clearly the best opportunity to get the points we need, but we’re not dead if we don’t. I’ll be gutted if we don’t. I just don’t agree with the view that we’re dead if we don’t. Coventry lost 3-0 to Birmingham Saturday and Birmingham are shit
Login to get fewer ads

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 18:30 - Apr 15 with 1552 viewsNorthernr

Whether it's must win or not I'm hoping this manifests itself in an Oldham-style febrile atmosphere at HQ as per Antti's post further down the board, not a nervous, silent, tenseness.

5.15pm kick off will help. We need to be fcking screaming the place down, it's about the only contribution we can make to this now.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 19:03 - Apr 15 with 1478 viewssuperstan

I think we will beat Preston, Dykes will come good with a brace plus Chair adding one, 3-1 to the rrrs
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 19:17 - Apr 15 with 1468 viewsBurnleyhoop

We’re in the shit because we don’t have a striker worth a damn. End of.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 19:37 - Apr 15 with 1429 viewsPaddyhoops

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 13:02 - Apr 15 by Rangersw12

It's not though

We've got just a good as chance of beating Leeds or Coventry as we do Preston .

Couldn’t agree more. Leeds have s**t the bed and Coventry aint too hot at the moment.
According to one or two people the We’re as good as beat against these two .
It’s a nuts league and I for one think there are points there.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:03 - Apr 15 with 1383 viewsRed_Ranger

PNE and Coventry have nothing to play for. Thats a fact. Leeds are choking. Im trying to channel the positives. Anything can happen and probably will. Dykes to score like he did that time when her took it on his chest and volleyed it in.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:09 - Apr 15 with 1365 viewsHunterhoop

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 15:12 - Apr 15 by E17hoop

The % will change as it reassesses the scores. I think the fact we've swung from 30% to 3% in a few weeks is more to do with our Jekyll and Hyde performances than a failure in the methodology.

Yes, but if it is to be useful as a forward looking indicator it shouldn’t be changing massively every week otherwise the prior week(s) it was wrong/poor when used as a forward looking tool.

I know it’s because results have been “surprising”, but the point still stands. Not just for us but for everyone.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:10 - Apr 15 with 1359 viewsRed_Ranger

Just remembered David Nugent - what a w**nker!
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:11 - Apr 15 with 1356 viewsCamberleyR

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 19:37 - Apr 15 by Paddyhoops

Couldn’t agree more. Leeds have s**t the bed and Coventry aint too hot at the moment.
According to one or two people the We’re as good as beat against these two .
It’s a nuts league and I for one think there are points there.

Exactly. Anyone would think we're up against Barcelona and Real Madrid the way some people are painting them.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:31 - Apr 15 with 1288 viewsHunterhoop

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 19:03 - Apr 15 by superstan

I think we will beat Preston, Dykes will come good with a brace plus Chair adding one, 3-1 to the rrrs

Nurse!
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:42 - Apr 15 with 1264 viewsFrankRightguard

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:09 - Apr 15 by Hunterhoop

Yes, but if it is to be useful as a forward looking indicator it shouldn’t be changing massively every week otherwise the prior week(s) it was wrong/poor when used as a forward looking tool.

I know it’s because results have been “surprising”, but the point still stands. Not just for us but for everyone.

We went from 3% chance on Wednesday to 14% chance now. I’d say the % chance is a damn sight higher than 14%!
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 21:01 - Apr 15 with 1218 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Upon careful consideration, one is moved to borrow a quote from that esteemed thespian, Mr Daniel Dire.
“I am fackin sh1ttin mah-sewlf”
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 09:05 - Apr 16 with 923 viewsTheChef

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 19:03 - Apr 15 by superstan

Dykes will score TWO goals???

What, one off each arse cheek?

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 761 viewskensalriser

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 20:09 - Apr 15 by Hunterhoop

It's no more useful as a forward looking indicator than looking at the past fixtures and the league table because that's all it's doing. It can't predict outcomes any more than we can, it's just producing data based probability models. No person and no machine can predict the future!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 10:31 - Apr 17 with 568 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham sack manager ahead of Birmingham visit.
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 10:37 - Apr 17 with 539 viewsGaryBannister86

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 10:31 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I think we've finally clutched all the straws possible?

> Preston on their holidays
> ref doesn't like Lowe
> Dykes hasn't scored since before the war so must be due
> Rotherham new manager bounce
> Stoke and Plymouth can't both win
> late kick off on a Saturday means alcohol-fuelled overwhelming atmosphere
> Begovic will be at FA Cup semi final supporting his boys so we may have a goalkeeper

What can possibly go wrong?
The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 10:38 - Apr 17 with 533 viewsTheChef

Now that is quite random.

The 2024 relegation thread-oh: Match 44 on 10:46 - Apr 17 with 492 viewsmikeyhg

Optimist hat on, the players are playing for a new contract next season and have 3 games to impress the new boss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024