Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are not safe!!! 22:50 - Apr 21 with 11489 viewshopekillsyou

The premature articulation from many that “ we are safe now” is….err, premature and possibly shows that many Rs supporters can’t add up. We are not out of the shit yet. We need more points , two would do for me , although three would be gilt edged, but my optimism doesn’t run that far.
Wednesday appear to in good shape and Birmingham can be unpredictable.
Blackburn and Plymouth are too close to us. At this stage of the season, strange things happen.
I’m not relaxed, in fact I’m still stressed , wary, apprehensive and very grateful for the Preston keeper.
We are not safe!!! on 22:58 - Apr 21 with 4995 viewsDylanP

To be fair, nobody has been saying we are safe. Everyone has been saying we are virtually safe. And that appears to be the case. We just need one of the following four teams to get the same or less points than us in the last two games: Blackburn, Plymouth, Sheff Wednes, or Birmingham. Not all four of them, just any one of them. Statistically, that seems like a good bet, but nobody can be too complacent yet, its true

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

We are not safe!!! on 23:02 - Apr 21 with 4945 viewsSydneyRs

I got 250/1 on us being relegated so the bookies clearly think we are.
We are not safe!!! on 23:06 - Apr 21 with 4913 viewsstevenagehoop

We are not safe!!! on 22:58 - Apr 21 by DylanP

To be fair, nobody has been saying we are safe. Everyone has been saying we are virtually safe. And that appears to be the case. We just need one of the following four teams to get the same or less points than us in the last two games: Blackburn, Plymouth, Sheff Wednes, or Birmingham. Not all four of them, just any one of them. Statistically, that seems like a good bet, but nobody can be too complacent yet, its true

Don’t forget Huddersfield are in it too

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

We are not safe!!! on 23:13 - Apr 21 with 4865 viewsdaveB

We'll be very unlucky to go down on 50 points, i think we have enough but it will likely go to the last game and one more win for us guarantees it
We are not safe!!! on 23:14 - Apr 21 with 4852 viewsNed_Kennedys

We are not safe!!! on 23:06 - Apr 21 by stevenagehoop

Don’t forget Huddersfield are in it too

Huddersfield cannot catch us so we only need to finish above one other team.
We are not safe!!! on 23:16 - Apr 21 with 4833 viewsted_hendrix

Right now I would rather be in our position as opposed to the respective positions of Blackburn, Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Huddersfield and Rotherham.
I'd safely bet that right now Blackburn, Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Huddersfield and Rotherham would swop places with Us In a heartbeat.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We are not safe!!! on 23:20 - Apr 21 with 4821 viewscolinallcars

We need Huddersfield to beat the Brummies next weekend then we should be OK.
Leeds and Coventry are hardly easy games.
I came away from the match yesterday in significantly higher spirits but the realisation has come upon me that there are still obstacles to overcome.
What on earth happened at Blackburn ?
We are not safe!!! on 23:22 - Apr 21 with 4806 viewshopekillsyou

We are not safe!!! on 23:02 - Apr 21 by SydneyRs

I got 250/1 on us being relegated so the bookies clearly think we are.

We are 50.0 on Betfair ( Hudds 1.16,Brum 1.85, SW 2.Ply 7.8, Bburn 8.8, Stoke 70.0).
I think we are overpriced at 50.0 and if I wasn’t emotionally involved I would take that price.
250/1 is crazy
Login to get fewer ads

We are not safe!!! on 23:44 - Apr 21 with 4692 viewsE17hoop

We are not safe!!! on 23:14 - Apr 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Hudds can catch us if they can get an 11 goal swing against us. That would mean, however, Birmingham would be on the end of one of those drubbings putting them in a worse place.

Will Weds beat both WBA and Sunderland? I doubt it.

Plymouth could easily lose against Hull and Millwall.

I 'know' we're not guaranteed to stay up yet but the chances of it happening are so slim, anyone offering you over 66/1 you should put a tenner on it to pay for next year's ST.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

We are not safe!!! on 00:11 - Apr 22 with 4599 viewsenfieldargh

We are not safe!!! on 23:20 - Apr 21 by colinallcars

I came away from the match yesterday in significantly higher spirits but the realisation has come upon me that there are still obstacles to overcome.

Or we just beat Leeds?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

We are not safe!!! on 00:19 - Apr 22 with 4570 viewsQuillPenRiot

I have to add a bit realism here…you’re assuming several things. First, the world of football follows statistical laws and, first b, that QPR is somehow representative of all other football clubs and therefore, you have a very healthy fear of upcoming results. Second, you’re looking at a range of diverse outcomes, thinking rationally of the various factors, let’s call them decision points, that will impact our beloved QPR.

I’m sorry to correct you here but life as a QPR fan is a special kind of hell that my daughter witnesses several times a year (it must be past life karma for her). There are only two outcomes, QPR miraculously stay up or, QPR painfully and tortuously to the last match of the season suffer both a Jimmy Dunne miracle shot and ex chelscum Begovic flapper og (thanks Blackburn for the inspiration, and additional way to envision our fall) to combine in the worst possible way ever to be relegated.

It thus comes down to how much we love our team vs the cumulative bad karma over all of our current and previous lives.

We’re pretty much doomed and there’s much to worry about, so I agree with you.
[Post edited 22 Apr 0:22]
We are not safe!!! on 00:31 - Apr 22 with 4518 viewsBoston

We are not safe!!! on 23:20 - Apr 21 by colinallcars

Have you ever posted a message that doesn't contain a mention of alcohol?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

We are not safe!!! on 05:54 - Apr 22 with 4167 viewsMatch82

We are not safe!!! on 23:44 - Apr 21 by E17hoop

Hudds can catch us if they can get an 11 goal swing against us. That would mean, however, Birmingham would be on the end of one of those drubbings putting them in a worse place.

Will Weds beat both WBA and Sunderland? I doubt it.

Plymouth could easily lose against Hull and Millwall.

I 'know' we're not guaranteed to stay up yet but the chances of it happening are so slim, anyone offering you over 66/1 you should put a tenner on it to pay for next year's ST.

Birmingham and Huddersfield play each other.
Birmingham are 4 points behind, if they lose, they can't catch us
Huddersfield are 6 points behind, if they lose or draw they can't catch us.
Either way we're guaranteed to finish above one of them.

It's the other spot that matters, best chance is to take care of it ourselves obviously.
We are not safe!!! on 06:31 - Apr 22 with 4075 viewsSydneyRs

We are not safe!!! on 23:22 - Apr 21 by hopekillsyou

We are 50.0 on Betfair ( Hudds 1.16,Brum 1.85, SW 2.Ply 7.8, Bburn 8.8, Stoke 70.0).
I think we are overpriced at 50.0 and if I wasn’t emotionally involved I would take that price.
250/1 is crazy

I got those odds shortly after the Blackburn v Wednesday game finished. Put 20 on and will win 5 grand if it happens. Same site now has us at 67/1 last time I checked.

That awful offside decision against Coventry might have been the difference between our game there being hard and it being against their reserves (which come to think of it would still be hard, because its us).
[Post edited 22 Apr 8:15]
We are not safe!!! on 06:33 - Apr 22 with 4064 viewsSydneyRs

We are not safe!!! on 05:54 - Apr 22 by Match82

Birmingham and Huddersfield play each other.
Birmingham are 4 points behind, if they lose, they can't catch us
Huddersfield are 6 points behind, if they lose or draw they can't catch us.
Either way we're guaranteed to finish above one of them.

It's the other spot that matters, best chance is to take care of it ourselves obviously.

1-0 Huddersfield would be perfect and end the anxiety.
We are not safe!!! on 07:05 - Apr 22 with 3899 viewscpgerber

Plymouth, Blackburn and Birmingham all on better goal difference as it stands, so they need to finish BELOW us.

The best situation for us is Huddersfield beats Birmingham this weekend and, to add an extra measure, WBA beating Sheffield Wednesday. Even then we're not out of the woods yet, unless we get something from the Leeds game. Then we are 100% safe.

Blackburn could easily lose both remaining games (Coventry and Leicester), so there is an escape option also.

I don't see Plymouth getting nothing from Milwall away and Hull home, so I would guess they would still pick up some points.

Beat Leeds and we're safe, no matter what. Simple as that.
We are not safe!!! on 07:33 - Apr 22 with 3735 viewsQPROslo

We are not safe!!! on 23:14 - Apr 21 by Ned_Kennedys

They can catch us on GD, though highly unlikely.
We are not safe!!! on 07:44 - Apr 22 with 3671 viewscaptainmycaptian

Have to admit to singing "the R's are staying up walking down SA Road. I blame the optimistic youngsters. The Blackburn result was bad for us. We need a win from the last 2 to be sure. West brom should win and Birmingham should get something against Huds. This should be enough. Must watch the goal difference against Leeds keep it close maybe nick a draw. A point keeps us above Huds for sure and should mean we stay above Wednesday......
I think .....
We are not safe!!! on 07:48 - Apr 22 with 3619 viewsJuzzie

I cant see us beating Leeds, a draw at best.

Even with their games in hand I can’t see Coventry making the play offs. They now have four games in two weeks compared to our two. Their game against Hull this week will be interesting to see how they react to yesterday.

A draw at Coventry would be good.

52 points and that would need Birmingham to win at Huddersfield, who themselves could survive, and to win at home to Norwich who need to make certain a play off place.

If we draw/lose with Leeds and Huddersfield beat Birmingham then we are safe as I doubt Huddersfield would then win at Ipswich by 7-8 goals (and we lose at Coventry by 2-3 goals.

I think Stoke are capable of getting 3 points on the last day so they’re probably out of the equation.

As others have said, we are in the best position of the lot below us.
[Post edited 22 Apr 9:22]
We are not safe!!! on 09:11 - Apr 22 with 3155 viewsdaveB

What helps us next is we are playing a game where motivation takes care of itself, compliancy was the big issue home to Sheffiled Wednesday but last home game of the season against a team in the top 2/3 that switches the players on so getting a result against leeds is difficult but not impossible, pressure on them at the moment is massive especially if they don't win tonight
We are not safe!!! on 09:23 - Apr 22 with 3056 viewsbosh67

I think Marti will try and instil that the job is not done. We'll beat Leeds because it is the QPR thing to do. But if not Coventry may well be shattered by that game as they still have a lot of games to play (4) but are unlikely to get into the playoffs. May be a good time to play them as the last game if they miss out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We are not safe!!! on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 2999 viewseastside_r

I post this somewhat reluctantly but I need to get this of my chest.

Let me first say that I don’t think we’re favourites to go down but here’s the rub. We go first on Friday and it’s not any stretch of the imagination to see us lose to Leeds. Our loss would give the others some hope and something to aim for on Saturday.

Now we all know that one of Birmingham or Huddersfield cannot get above us. But if enough results go against us on Saturday, we could be going to Coventry with everything to play for. Can we trust this QPR team to not put in another Stoke away of SW at home performance?

For us to go down we get no more points (?) and ALL of the following, Blackburn get one point, Plymouth 2 points and SW & Brum 4 points from their remaining two games. Unlikely? Yes. But not completely out of the question given their fixtures.

I am not normally one of this site’s Jeremiahs but I hope we have not gone too early in the congratulations.

Feel free to come back on this thread on Saturday and call me a bedwetter, if we’re safe mathematically then.
[Post edited 22 Apr 9:37]
We are not safe!!! on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 2986 viewsBluce_Ree

This is how not safe we are. If we lose and results don't go our way, this is the final day of the season for us.

If we lose and everything goes badly this week in the other games (inc. Brum beating Hudds), it'll look like this.

20 - QPR - 50 (vs Coventry away, 8th)
21 - Sheff Weds - 50 (vs Sunderland away, 13th)
----
22 - Birmingham - 49 (vs Norwich, 6th)
23 - Huddersfield - 44
24 - Rotherham

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

We are not safe!!! on 09:36 - Apr 22 with 2937 viewsdaveB

We are not safe!!! on 09:31 - Apr 22 by eastside_r

I post this somewhat reluctantly but I need to get this of my chest.

Let me first say that I don’t think we’re favourites to go down but here’s the rub. We go first on Friday and it’s not any stretch of the imagination to see us lose to Leeds. Our loss would give the others some hope and something to aim for on Saturday.

Now we all know that one of Birmingham or Huddersfield cannot get above us. But if enough results go against us on Saturday, we could be going to Coventry with everything to play for. Can we trust this QPR team to not put in another Stoke away of SW at home performance?

For us to go down we get no more points (?) and ALL of the following, Blackburn get one point, Plymouth 2 points and SW & Brum 4 points from their remaining two games. Unlikely? Yes. But not completely out of the question given their fixtures.

I am not normally one of this site’s Jeremiahs but I hope we have not gone too early in the congratulations.

Feel free to come back on this thread on Saturday and call me a bedwetter, if we’re safe mathematically then.
[Post edited 22 Apr 9:37]

You are right to be concerned because as has been the case for weeks it takes one bad weekend to be back in trouble but the hope to cling to is we're running out of weekends where it can go wrong. We have bought ourselves some breathing space now but I've thought for a while it will go to the last game, we may not need another point now but I think we'll go to Coventry still in with a chance of going down
We are not safe!!! on 09:38 - Apr 22 with 2914 viewsWatford_Ranger

We are not safe!!! on 23:22 - Apr 21 by hopekillsyou

250/1 is crazy

B365 must have realised they’re way out of line with the market. Everyone bar Sky has us at 50 or 66/1.

It would take a fairly extraordinary run of results from here. You can see Brum beating Huddersfield but then have to get something against Norwich.

SW at Sunderland on the last day who seem to have given up but West Brom is a tough game and doesn’t really suit their players IMO.

Plymouth go to Millwall which looks horrible right now and Hull at home is no gimme. Blackburn have dodgy games to say the least. Stoke you can’t really see getting much from those two but who knows at this point?

Plus obviously there’s a chance we might be good enough to get something from Friday against Leeds who play tonight and a hopefully knackered Coventry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024