Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How has this season been? 23:15 - May 3 with 1316 viewsE17hoop

How has this season been?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

How has this season been? on 23:17 - May 3 with 1294 viewsaston_hoop

I thought we'd go down and we didn't. So can only go with better

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

How has this season been? on 23:33 - May 3 with 1226 viewsPeterHucker

Where's the "so fücking stressful, so glad it's over" option.

See you at Coventry everyone.

I'm absolutely bloody delighted to be going to that game & knowing that the result doesn't matter.
My dad & most of my family are Coventry supporters.
Tomorrow he will be in the home end with my brother, several cousins & nephews.

My son & me will be in the away end & we'll got to meet them all in the pub afterwards.

Ever since the fixtures were announced last July, I've been hoping & praying for a nice relaxing afternoon at the Ricoh on 4th May.

I'm so happy that (thanks to the win against Leeds) we're going to this match not really that bothered about the result, *BUT* let's not get carried away.

This season has, for the most part, been as fücking depressing as almost any other I can remember in nearly 50 years of supporting QPR.

There were many times during the season when I thought we were very comfortably a worse team than the one that last got relegated from this division (2000/2001, another incredibly depressing season)

I'm still not convinced by this squad, and I think that Marti has somehow got a very below par group of players to perform way way WAY above the level they would normally be capable of.

There was a thread on this board recently asking are we capable of going up next season.
I've said several times on this forum that my biggest concern about staying up is that survival this season will somehow convince the owners that the squad we currently have is good enough to continue with next year.
Rather than give it the complete overhaul it needs.

[Post edited 3 May 23:55]
How has this season been? on 23:36 - May 3 with 1214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Much, much better than expected.

I've enjoyed our football a lot since Cifuentes came in.

I've really enjoyed our attendances and our noise, our sheer passion. So proud of you all.

There's been a lovely togetherness about these five months. I think our club has done really well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How has this season been? on 23:50 - May 3 with 1173 viewsNorthLondonR

How has this season been? on 23:33 - May 3 by PeterHucker

Where's the "so fücking stressful, so glad it's over" option.

See you at Coventry everyone.

I'm absolutely bloody delighted to be going to that game & knowing that the result doesn't matter.
My dad & most of my family are Coventry supporters.
Tomorrow he will be in the home end with my brother, several cousins & nephews.

My son & me will be in the away end & we'll got to meet them all in the pub afterwards.

Ever since the fixtures were announced last July, I've been hoping & praying for a nice relaxing afternoon at the Ricoh on 4th May.

I'm so happy that (thanks to the win against Leeds) we're going to this match not really that bothered about the result, *BUT* let's not get carried away.

This season has, for the most part, been as fücking depressing as almost any other I can remember in nearly 50 years of supporting QPR.

There were many times during the season when I thought we were very comfortably a worse team than the one that last got relegated from this division (2000/2001, another incredibly depressing season)

I'm still not convinced by this squad, and I think that Marti has somehow got a very below par group of players to perform way way WAY above the level they would normally be capable of.

There was a thread on this board recently asking are we capable of going up next season.
I've said several times on this forum that my biggest concern about staying up is that survival this season will somehow convince the owners that the squad we currently have is good enough to continue with next year.
Rather than give it the complete overhaul it needs.

[Post edited 3 May 23:55]

Agreed, after the Preston game I literally felt like I was hyperventilating, I had no energy whatsoever for about 2 days... you have to love these cnts!
How has this season been? on 00:05 - May 4 with 1096 viewsNov77

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times…

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

How has this season been? on 01:09 - May 4 with 1011 viewsbenhurst

I was hoping we might get a point or two eventually so I'd say a little better than expected
How has this season been? on 01:17 - May 4 with 1003 viewsrbee

It was always going to be a struggle but I simply could not envisage us being relegated.

Talk about burying your head in the sand.
How has this season been? on 03:30 - May 4 with 967 viewseastside_r

How has this season been? on 00:05 - May 4 by Nov77

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times…

Indeed a Tale of Two Entities. AM and PM.

That’s AM (Ante-Marti) and PM (Post-Marti’s appointment)

It’s a far greater thing that Marti is doing now, than he has ever done before.
Login to get fewer ads

How has this season been? on 06:21 - May 4 with 864 viewsHoopsie

Expected - I didn’t think we would relegate, but I thought it will be a hard slog just over the line stuff

Why better? Never have I expected survival would mean we got an astute and a gem of a manager in Cifuentes and the few home games of gritty determination and belief that ensured our survival - 2-2 WBA, 2-1 Birmingham and of course the historic 4-0 trashing of Leeds made it better than expected

Really looking forward to next season even before the curtains fall today. We need to tie Marti down with a new deal (but I am suspecting he loves to be here, otherwise what could explain the nut case of getting this job in the first place?)

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

How has this season been? on 06:27 - May 4 with 848 viewsToast_R

Much better. The fact that we survived smashing Leeds 4-0 means a bit like 2021, we end the season strong with genuine optimism about next season. Complete opposite of where the club was a mere 12 months ago.
How has this season been? on 06:53 - May 4 with 813 viewsHAYESBOY

With GA we were going down. Then optimism crept in as the season went along.
Then after the abysmal Stoke game away I thought we were goners.

Turns out there was nothing to worry about.

Smells like a trout farm in here

How has this season been? on 09:25 - May 4 with 656 viewsstevec

You know when you’re feeling really unwell, your head over the loo, feels like eight years you’ve been stuck there and you know you’ll be back there again in an hour or so. And then that visit, the final visit, it’s horrendous, but your head comes up and something in your body sends a realisation through you that it’s finally over. You get back off your knees relieved, thankful almost forgetting that it happened and life seems good again.

8th Jan, 2024. The last of the virus had announced its departure.

The last 4 months have been a joy.

And thank you Gareth Ainsworth. The medicine no one asked for but thank you for your part in flushing the illness out, I’m not sure it would ever have gone otherwise. Oh and giving us Steve Cook and Jack Colback.
How has this season been? on 15:11 - May 4 with 520 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Like a major hangover that took an eternity to clear. Hair of the dog didn't work with Ainsworth. Thank goodness Marti appeared with some alka-seltzer, mineral water and a reassuring word to help clear the toxins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024