Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF Aspiarations 10:51 - Aug 22 with 4482 viewsellersliehoop

I'm just wondering what Tony Fernandes aspirations for the club are.........

He clearly wants more than being a mid-table premier league club, he's got to be thinking of us in the Europa League or something to justify all the players we're signing?
TF Aspiarations on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 3630 viewsimustbemad

5-10 years if and its a big IF he is still around and we have a new 45K stadium they will go for it. just a hunch
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
TF Aspiarations on 11:06 - Aug 22 with 3573 viewsdaveB

the other main shareholder was on QPR player and suggested that we are 10 years away from even thinking about the top 4 but that is his long term aim to be up that end of the table, I personally think that's an impossible dream
TF Aspiarations on 11:12 - Aug 22 with 3563 viewsimustbemad

TF Aspiarations on 11:06 - Aug 22 by daveB

the other main shareholder was on QPR player and suggested that we are 10 years away from even thinking about the top 4 but that is his long term aim to be up that end of the table, I personally think that's an impossible dream

Yuo would have said that about Chelsea and Man City a few years ago. Listen it's not likely to ever happen but it's a possibility and for the first time since I started supporting QPR we now have a real chance of competing to win trophies.
TF Aspiarations on 11:17 - Aug 22 with 3554 viewsCanadaRanger

Tony will get a Knighthood if he gets us that far, and I believe he can.

He has a great business model.

I'm just waiting for a few more big name clubs to do a Portsmouth. Fulham and Chelsea come to mind. If/when their financial backers retire and/or want their money back, they could very well fall.
TF Aspiarations on 11:20 - Aug 22 with 3531 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 11:17 - Aug 22 by CanadaRanger

I'm just waiting for a few more big name clubs to do a Portsmouth. Fulham and Chelsea come to mind. If/when their financial backers retire and/or want their money back, they could very well fall.

What is TF's great business model?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

TF Aspiarations on 11:23 - Aug 22 with 3516 viewsJamie

TF Aspiarations on 11:20 - Aug 22 by Konk

What is TF's great business model?

Giving Mark Hughes free reign to top up every pension fund in the Premier League.
TF Aspiarations on 11:25 - Aug 22 with 3505 viewsdaveB

TF Aspiarations on 11:17 - Aug 22 by CanadaRanger

We are far more likely to do a Portsmouth than Fulham or Chelsea.
TF Aspiarations on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 3469 viewsPinnerPaul

I find it incredible that 13 months ago this board was filled with diatribe after diatribe after ditribe attacking Flav & co of NOT spending any money & forever changing managers, now people are moaning about spending too much, with some advocating getting rid of MH.

Can see why people stop using messageboards at times!
Login to get fewer ads

TF Aspiarations on 11:36 - Aug 22 with 3458 viewsbosh67

Global brand, top 6 placement, new stadium, well known names from around the world to build the brand.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

TF Aspiarations on 11:41 - Aug 22 with 3435 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 11:36 - Aug 22 by bosh67

Global brand, top 6 placement, new stadium, well known names from around the world to build the brand.

Spoken like a true romantic.

TF Aspiarations on 11:48 - Aug 22 with 3420 viewsadhoc_qpr

Everton (and to some extent Newcastle) have shown that you can compete for the top 5/6 with canny management and sensible investment.

I think the goal should be to try to get to their level of being consistently the best of the rest within the next 2 or 3 seasons. If we achieve that we can try and kick on from there.

If Hughes is as good as he thinks he is (and we hope he is), he should be able to take us there with the current level of backing he's receiving - new players, new training facilities, new ground in the works, professional scotuing set up etc etc.

TF Aspiarations on 12:05 - Aug 22 with 3389 viewsQPRski

TF Aspiarations on 11:33 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

I find it incredible that 13 months ago this board was filled with diatribe after diatribe after ditribe attacking Flav & co of NOT spending any money & forever changing managers, now people are moaning about spending too much, with some advocating getting rid of MH.

Can see why people stop using messageboards at times!

Fully agree with your comment.
TF Aspiarations on 12:48 - Aug 22 with 3327 viewsTacticalR

Equip air fleet with heavy weapons, train hostesses in combat, and invade Poland.

Air hostess clique

TF Aspiarations on 13:37 - Aug 22 with 3266 viewsheadhoops

TF Aspiarations on 12:05 - Aug 22 by QPRski

Fully agree with your comment.

seconded

some of the posters on here really need to take a look at themselves.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

TF Aspiarations on 13:40 - Aug 22 with 3251 viewsWeaverQPR

Bumped into TF and he had a copy of Peter Ridsdale's autobiography 'Shit or Bust' under his arm.

@WeavQPR

TF Aspiarations on 13:57 - Aug 22 with 3215 viewsMerthyrHoop

TF Aspiarations on 13:40 - Aug 22 by WeaverQPR

Bumped into TF and he had a copy of Peter Ridsdale's autobiography 'Shit or Bust' under his arm.

I think Everton has to the benchmark for a club our size. We perhaps don't have the immediate fanbase, but we have someone willing to invest money to get us there.

A top-half finish season after season, a settled managerial structure and a youth system that can continually develop first-team players and the occasional gem. Those criteria, plus a state-of-the-art stadium and awareness in the Far East markets I'm sure must be the target
TF Aspiarations on 13:58 - Aug 22 with 3211 viewsMytch_QPR

Whilst all the speculation over these signings is reassuring to some extent, as it shows TF's commitment to challenging in the top flight, I can't help being a little worried that there seems to be no real plan in place - it's as if we are trying to sit down and talk with every player that becomes available (particularly if they're over 30!). The stakes are high, and our wage bill is getting even higher.

It looks a bit like the football equivalent of Xmas Eve shopping - MH is clutching an M&S nightie whilst TF is grabbing the box of chocolates and the fluffy slippers!

Maybe (I suspect) the plan is simply to stay in the PL in the short term, hence the proven players, until the academy / training facility is fully online and the new stadium plans are well progressed. This, in itself, will increase 'brand awareness'. I suppose that the other thing to consider is that our net spend on transfer fees, pre-Dawson, was only around £1.5m (???)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

TF Aspiarations on 13:59 - Aug 22 with 3205 viewsPinnerPaul

TF Aspiarations on 11:25 - Aug 22 by daveB

We are far more likely to do a Portsmouth than Fulham or Chelsea.

You seriously, I mean seriously have more faith in Al Fayed and Ambramovich, than TF, Bhatia and Mittal?!!!!!

You're supporting the wrong club Dave
TF Aspiarations on 14:01 - Aug 22 with 3196 viewsQPRski

TF Aspiarations on 12:48 - Aug 22 by TacticalR

Equip air fleet with heavy weapons, train hostesses in combat, and invade Poland.

...I'll take the hostesses.
TF Aspiarations on 14:10 - Aug 22 with 3173 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 13:59 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

You seriously, I mean seriously have more faith in Al Fayed and Ambramovich, than TF, Bhatia and Mittal?!!!!!

You're supporting the wrong club Dave

How involved is Mittal? Is it something he indulges his son-in-law with, like playing a round of golf or going for a pint, or is he willing to plough lots of money into Rangers? We've been here before when Ecclestone & Flavor Flav turned-up, so you should know it doesn't have to turn out the way you hoped.

Chelsea - unfortunately, I think they're unfuc kable now. One of the best known clubs in the world, regular CL semi-finalists, swanky West London location...if RA ever decides/has to sell, I think some super rich tw at would jump at the chance to buy them.

As for us - who knows. We haven't been subbed by Al Fayed for the last couple of years, don't spend silly money on transfers, have a relatively sensible wage bill, a beautiful location in a wealthy part of one of the World's great cities, a ground set to increase to 30,000, full-houses most weeks, one of the finest Michael Jackson statues in London, twelve seasons in the PL containing a number of top ten finishes, been to a European final, so not unheard of in footballing circles. I hope we stay in the Al Fayed family, but I'm sure someone would take us on as things are at the moment.

TF Aspiarations on 14:26 - Aug 22 with 3141 viewsJuzzie

They only way we'd "do a Portsmouth" is if TF, Amit, Mittal and Co. all jumped ship leaving mahoosive debts. But that can happen to pretty much most clubs that are reliant on their owners.

The term 'doing a pompey' is too easily banded around. As said before, ours, Fulham's & Chelsea's situation is different from theirs in that all of the three clubs mentioned only owe to their owners(s) whereas pompey owed to the HMRC and hundreds of other people/companies.

"Going bust" is probably a more accurate term as that can cover a whole number of possible scenario's, not just the Portsmouth/Rangers type of situation.

I agree with Konk about Chelsea, they are so establish now there'll be some rich arab happy to take on the debt.

TF Aspiarations on 14:28 - Aug 22 with 3134 viewsadhoc_qpr

TF Aspiarations on 14:10 - Aug 22 by Konk

How involved is Mittal? Is it something he indulges his son-in-law with, like playing a round of golf or going for a pint, or is he willing to plough lots of money into Rangers? We've been here before when Ecclestone & Flavor Flav turned-up, so you should know it doesn't have to turn out the way you hoped.

Chelsea - unfortunately, I think they're unfuc kable now. One of the best known clubs in the world, regular CL semi-finalists, swanky West London location...if RA ever decides/has to sell, I think some super rich tw at would jump at the chance to buy them.

As for us - who knows. We haven't been subbed by Al Fayed for the last couple of years, don't spend silly money on transfers, have a relatively sensible wage bill, a beautiful location in a wealthy part of one of the World's great cities, a ground set to increase to 30,000, full-houses most weeks, one of the finest Michael Jackson statues in London, twelve seasons in the PL containing a number of top ten finishes, been to a European final, so not unheard of in footballing circles. I hope we stay in the Al Fayed family, but I'm sure someone would take us on as things are at the moment.

That's all well and good - just the small matter of the £200m debt that Al Fayed would have to either write off or be compensated for...

How old is Mo these days too?
TF Aspiarations on 14:30 - Aug 22 with 3127 viewsJuzzie

Konk - Although TF is the majority shareholder and the visible face of the club ownership, I think the general consensus is that the Mittals are actually the financial driving force behind the club. As wealthy as TF is, I don't think it's enough to solely take over a PL club, even one as small as us.

Briatore & Ecclestone didn't want to sell to the Mittals but happy to sell to TF. My own opinion based on nothing more than a hunch is that the Mittals stumped up the money for TF to do this and let him run the club along with Amit and a few others.
TF Aspiarations on 14:41 - Aug 22 with 3111 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 14:28 - Aug 22 by adhoc_qpr

That's all well and good - just the small matter of the £200m debt that Al Fayed would have to either write off or be compensated for...

How old is Mo these days too?

I think Mo's age is a bit Zsa Zsa Gabor - he always seems to be about 82 whenever I read a profile. Not a young man, that's for sure, but one of his sons has joined the board, has been a regular since the takeover (15 years ago) and plays for one of our sides, so it sounds like he's got the bug.

I'm not predicting doom and gloom for Rangers, but if Mittal was heavily involved at this stage, I can't help thinking you wouldn't be signing the likes of Andy Johnson and Anton Ferdinand, albeit on big wages.

TF Aspiarations on 15:10 - Aug 22 with 3068 viewsPinnerPaul

Mittal is seriously rich, has more than Ambramovich, so hardly likely to need the (to him) small saving he would accrue by leaving us.

Also Bhatia has publically said that owners have not saddled the FC or PLC with debt that has to be repaid.

I find it amazing that after one (bad) defeat we have player acquisitions, the manager and now the owners all attacked - its quite incredible really when you think about where we have come from in such a short space of time and really rather sad at the same time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024