Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely no Anton 14:04 - Sep 14 with 2933 viewsWestbourneR

I see Anton Ferdinand is talking about not shaking hands again. Well I think we can make this situation much easier by doing what should have been done long ago for football reasons - drop him.

He is, for me, the one player that sticks out as not up to it. He's not the best in the air or the tackle. He's positional suspect and his distribution is dismal, especially when he hits it long, which he likes to do a lot. He uses the Damien Delaney 'wedge technique' to produce an inaccurate slow loopy long pass.

Gutted M'Bia didn't make it.

Has to be...

Bosingwa Nelson Onouha Fabio

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Surely no Anton on 14:07 - Sep 14 with 2340 viewsW10hoop

ha ha you got there just before me mate.
Surely no Anton on 14:12 - Sep 14 with 2318 viewsWestbourneR

Surely no Anton on 14:07 - Sep 14 by W10hoop

ha ha you got there just before me mate.

Haha - just seen. Great minds they say.

We'll have to wait to see which one Northern deletes.

Surely no Anton on 14:20 - Sep 14 with 2295 viewsadhoc_qpr

Agreed, I think Onouha's been decent at centre back when he's played this season and Nelsen looked good versus City.

Hopefully having a respected, solid keeper behind them will help too!
Surely no Anton on 14:24 - Sep 14 with 2268 viewsW7Ranger

Why is Mbia not playing? Injured or ineligible?

Surely no Anton on 14:27 - Sep 14 with 2258 viewsdaveB

well if I was Ferdinand I wouldn't shake terrys hand for calling me a fbc and we should back him for it but for football reasons i wouldn't play him

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Surely no Anton on 14:30 - Sep 14 with 2238 viewsWestbourneR

Surely no Anton on 14:27 - Sep 14 by daveB

well if I was Ferdinand I wouldn't shake terrys hand for calling me a fbc and we should back him for it but for football reasons i wouldn't play him

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I agree dave - didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

If M'Bia is fit he should play but the news is he isn't.

Surely no Anton on 14:31 - Sep 14 with 2229 viewsCHUBBS

He's lived off his brothers name for as long as i can remember and has never been the quality player his fees and wages would have you think.
Anton is a lower championship player who looks good at this level occasionally.
If we have any desires on quality consistent defending then he should be a last resort in any defensive combination.
Surely no Anton on 14:55 - Sep 14 with 2181 viewsMildo25

I think we should play Ferdinand, and make him Captain. Should make for an interesting coin toss!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Surely no Anton on 15:12 - Sep 14 with 2143 viewsbosh67

Not sure that if Mbia is available that Anton should play. He's not been up and at it yet this season. For me it should be Bosingwa, Nelson, Mbia and Traore/Fabio across the back anyway.

Ultimately if Ferdinand does play he should shake hands with Terry. Whole flecking thing's been blown out of all proportion now. Time to get on with actually winning a game against them, rather than not shaking hands and getting 6 bashed in against us.

Time for Ferdinand and Terry - and all fans to man up and get beyond this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Surely no Anton on 15:18 - Sep 14 with 2127 viewsNorthernr

Well if M'Bia isn't fit then I agree with the back four in the original post. Ferdinand has never been brilliant, but he's a perfectly adequate centre half and looked very decent when he first arrived. The problem is when his mind is on other things he becomes a liability, and all this stuff about handshakes will do him no good. Not playing that well anyway at the moment.
Surely no Anton on 15:23 - Sep 14 with 2106 viewsDesertBoot

I agree. Ferdinand is easily distracted. I recall when we signed him Warnock mentioning his "lapses in concentration".
Really think he misses the cut now when it comes to our (when all fit) best back four.
Looks like he'll be playing tomorrow and interesting how he plays with the media spotlight onces again following him around.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Surely no Anton on 15:30 - Sep 14 with 2081 viewsdaveB

although I wouldn't play Ferdinand he'll probably play quite well if picked as this is the last game he'll want to switch off in, thought he was excellent in two home games against them last season
Surely no Anton on 15:35 - Sep 14 with 2071 viewsbosh67

Surely no Anton on 15:23 - Sep 14 by DesertBoot

I agree. Ferdinand is easily distracted. I recall when we signed him Warnock mentioning his "lapses in concentration".
Really think he misses the cut now when it comes to our (when all fit) best back four.
Looks like he'll be playing tomorrow and interesting how he plays with the media spotlight onces again following him around.

To be fair his "lapses in concentration" usually only happen between the 1st and 90th minute of a football match.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Surely no Anton on 16:33 - Sep 14 with 2009 viewskensalriser

Bring him on for time added on then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Surely no Anton on 16:38 - Sep 14 with 1994 viewsBrightonhoop

He has to play in these circumstances. Dropping him would be cowardly and play into the Scums hands.
Surely no Anton on 16:40 - Sep 14 with 1982 viewsdaveB

Surely no Anton on 16:38 - Sep 14 by Brightonhoop

He has to play in these circumstances. Dropping him would be cowardly and play into the Scums hands.

well thats the problem, not playing would be a sign of us ducking out of the issue although it would be the right thing to do, i just want Hughes to pick our best side and ignore all this nonsence about handshakes
Surely no Anton on 17:52 - Sep 14 with 1942 viewsAntti_Heinola

Klassik Football Kliches:

The centre back who has 'lapses in concentration' (they all do).
The goalie who looks 'dodgy on crosses' (they all are).
The winger who 'can't cross a ball' (it's a hard skill).
The striker who 'needs four chances to score a goal' (they all do).

Bare bones.

Surely no Anton on 18:13 - Sep 14 with 1915 viewsBazWoT

To my knowledge Ferdinand has never said he won't shake hands.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Surely no Anton on 18:43 - Sep 14 with 1871 viewsBklynRanger

I think it should be based on who plays better with Nelson - so far that may be Nedum, which could be quite effective if they really have their act together.

Surely no Anton on 19:41 - Sep 14 with 1806 viewsWeAreQPR12

Not seen Nelson but I am also not a big ferdinand fan, that's anton not the legend les. I would play Nelson but haven't watched him live so not so sure. Also if he has a lack of pace then I hope M'bia is like Usan Bolt. W12 good 2 see u here mate, decent poster
Surely no Anton on 19:57 - Sep 14 with 1778 viewsDylanP

For gods sake, this has all a load of bollox.

Personally, I wouldn't want to shake hands with any of their lot coz they are Chelsea. But Anton and the others are professionals and if he is letting this issue drag on for so long, he is letting the opposition get inside his head and it is bound to effect how he plays. He needs to suck it up and get on with it instead of all this "will he, won't he" nonsense.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Surely no Anton on 21:47 - Sep 14 with 1717 viewsJonDoeman

" The man at the centre of the Terry racism row, who received a repulsive amount of abuse over the matter, may be fit for the match, but after three league matches looks like a poor option. He has struggled to mark effectively, a habit he perfected over the course of last season; is slow to the ball and of little use on corners. He can keep pace in open play but is most porous when the ball is played into the box, a situation that occurs fairly often during a football match. " ..............cont
http://vectorvictor.com/2012/09/14/now-would-be-a-good-time/

It Is What It Is !!

Surely no Anton on 00:39 - Sep 15 with 1654 viewsSpiritofGregory

Anton's a championship player at best. Not only is Terry a better defender but he will also relish competing in tomorrows match whereas Anton is more likely to crumble under pressure.
Surely no Anton on 09:30 - Sep 15 with 1561 viewsHAYESBOY

Anton is a grown man, if he doest want to shake anyones hand he doesnt have to. Simples.

I am probably in the minority on here but i hate seeing Anton being turned into the new Fitz Hall. I think he is a decent defender.
Nelson has played two games for us so far and he all of a suddeen is the answer.
Walsall and Man City. If you look at the 2nd goal at City it was Nelson who let Dzeko run across him for the header.
In a game like this with the likes of Torress, Hazard & Mata i would play two mobile/pacey centre halfs.

Only my opinion but baffles me why we want to start getting on Antons back.

Back Anton, back the team and lets get in the faces of the scum instead of our own players.
I desperately want us to do to them what we did to them last year with the likes of Mata shting himself and not want to take corners.

C'mon U R'ssss.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Surely no Anton on 10:07 - Sep 15 with 1523 viewswestberksr

Surely no Anton on 09:30 - Sep 15 by HAYESBOY

Anton is a grown man, if he doest want to shake anyones hand he doesnt have to. Simples.

I am probably in the minority on here but i hate seeing Anton being turned into the new Fitz Hall. I think he is a decent defender.
Nelson has played two games for us so far and he all of a suddeen is the answer.
Walsall and Man City. If you look at the 2nd goal at City it was Nelson who let Dzeko run across him for the header.
In a game like this with the likes of Torress, Hazard & Mata i would play two mobile/pacey centre halfs.

Only my opinion but baffles me why we want to start getting on Antons back.

Back Anton, back the team and lets get in the faces of the scum instead of our own players.
I desperately want us to do to them what we did to them last year with the likes of Mata shting himself and not want to take corners.

C'mon U R'ssss.

i'm hoping that if picked today he is really up for it and that provides the motivation to get his head right. Just seems to lose concentration during the game; not a Onesize by any length but more a case of when he is playing well it makes it more frustrating when he doesn't.

Nelsen probably a better positional CB and reads the game better but AF have the physical attributes; just could do with some smelling salts to keep focused!

Still think Nedem has the potential to be a very good CB though and should start with one other.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024