Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF on Hughes 08:59 - Oct 29 with 2647 viewshoopstilidie

Tony Fernandes I honestly believe we have one of the best managers in the premier league. And we are in for the long term. Whatever happens. We love QPR. Ill be there at reading so rangers fans ill be available to meet and chat. Trust me on this one. Keep the faith. Stability is the key.
3 minutes ago

Can we get behind him now??

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

TF on Hughes on 11:48 - Oct 29 with 423 viewsozexile

TF on Hughes on 11:46 - Oct 29 by WeaverQPR

Fk me the away form is sackable enough on its own do you not think?

It is. And to keep the same tactics for every away game is beyond belief.
TF on Hughes on 11:49 - Oct 29 with 418 viewsCHUBBS

TF on Hughes on 11:46 - Oct 29 by WeaverQPR

Fk me the away form is sackable enough on its own do you not think?

Its not that bad we've only lost 11 out of the last dozen
TF on Hughes on 11:51 - Oct 29 with 406 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 11:48 - Oct 29 by ozexile

It is. And to keep the same tactics for every away game is beyond belief.

It would be if he had but he hasn't.

TF on Hughes on 11:54 - Oct 29 with 399 viewsozexile

TF on Hughes on 11:51 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

It would be if he had but he hasn't.

Well he must be incredibly unlucky if he's tried all different tactics 13 times and still can't find the correct formula.
TF on Hughes on 11:56 - Oct 29 with 393 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 11:54 - Oct 29 by ozexile

Well he must be incredibly unlucky if he's tried all different tactics 13 times and still can't find the correct formula.

Having 13 different set ups for 13 different games is a hell of a long way away from having the same set up in all 13.

How about some realism instead of wild exaggeration?

TF on Hughes on 12:01 - Oct 29 with 380 viewsozexile

TF on Hughes on 11:56 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

Having 13 different set ups for 13 different games is a hell of a long way away from having the same set up in all 13.

How about some realism instead of wild exaggeration?

Well break it down for me. How have you seen us approach away games differently? And where are we going wrong?
TF on Hughes on 12:32 - Oct 29 with 348 viewsWeaverQPR

TF on Hughes on 12:01 - Oct 29 by ozexile

Well break it down for me. How have you seen us approach away games differently? And where are we going wrong?

Some games we give the opposition a 2-0 lead before we decide to turn up and play and other times we will hold our own before one of our loons decides to get sent off!

@WeavQPR

TF on Hughes on 12:41 - Oct 29 with 338 viewsPinnerPaul

My thoughts;

Getting a new manager in is not guaranteed to save, even improve our season.

In any group of players, indeed in any work place, there will be those who get on with the boss and those who don't. This applies equally to those above MH as well as his staff and the players.

Whoever the new manager is that will reamin the same, those who think MH was hard done by & feel let down v those who think "good, lets now work with XXX".

As we can't change the players 25 until Jan, obviously the risk is merely swapping some under performing players for others.

Jan - (Another) holy grail, IF we have a new manager by then.

1) TF, Mittals, other shareholders all have to agree to fund another raft of players, no new manager is going to take the job without having the chance to bring in his own players.

2) Also have to agree to "write off" cost of players salaries who new man doesn't want but who we can't sell.

3) MH & staff have to be paid off.

That's 3 pretty heavy new expenditure streams that I just can't see TF & co going for.

Yes the PL Sky money goes up next year but even if we go for a new man and commit to 1, 2 & 3 above there is no guarantee that will mean safety.

TF says "stability is the key" and that IS the key fact - don't think anyone can argue MH AND the players have under performed - just not sure the appetite and risk involved in changing is something TF is going to go for, whatever happens on Sunday.

Login to get fewer ads

TF on Hughes on 12:47 - Oct 29 with 330 viewsAntti_Heinola

Right, the way to solve this away game problem is pretty simple. Next away game, absolutely everyone bet on us to lose. I guarantee we will then win. In my experience, that's how gambling works.

Bare bones.

TF on Hughes on 13:06 - Oct 29 with 309 viewswombat

TF on Hughes on 12:41 - Oct 29 by PinnerPaul

My thoughts;

Getting a new manager in is not guaranteed to save, even improve our season.

In any group of players, indeed in any work place, there will be those who get on with the boss and those who don't. This applies equally to those above MH as well as his staff and the players.

Whoever the new manager is that will reamin the same, those who think MH was hard done by & feel let down v those who think "good, lets now work with XXX".

As we can't change the players 25 until Jan, obviously the risk is merely swapping some under performing players for others.

Jan - (Another) holy grail, IF we have a new manager by then.

1) TF, Mittals, other shareholders all have to agree to fund another raft of players, no new manager is going to take the job without having the chance to bring in his own players.

2) Also have to agree to "write off" cost of players salaries who new man doesn't want but who we can't sell.

3) MH & staff have to be paid off.

That's 3 pretty heavy new expenditure streams that I just can't see TF & co going for.

Yes the PL Sky money goes up next year but even if we go for a new man and commit to 1, 2 & 3 above there is no guarantee that will mean safety.

TF says "stability is the key" and that IS the key fact - don't think anyone can argue MH AND the players have under performed - just not sure the appetite and risk involved in changing is something TF is going to go for, whatever happens on Sunday.

we dont actually need that many players to come in , wel apart from the centra half we needed at the start of the season that is and a spare striker

the squad is good it just needs tinkering with thats all and to be allowed to play to its strengths

Poll: which is your favouite foot

TF on Hughes on 13:20 - Oct 29 with 295 viewsPinnerPaul

TF on Hughes on 13:06 - Oct 29 by wombat

we dont actually need that many players to come in , wel apart from the centra half we needed at the start of the season that is and a spare striker

the squad is good it just needs tinkering with thats all and to be allowed to play to its strengths

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - we get Harry and he's not going to bring in any new players??????????????

TF on Hughes on 13:29 - Oct 29 with 289 viewsR_from_afar

TF on Hughes on 09:58 - Oct 29 by daveB

we don't look worse than we did when he took over, to suggest that is laughable. Also what was wrong with the tactics on Saturday, I keep reading that he gets it wrong every game but I thought we were well set up on Saturday, hard to break down and always in with a shout of scoring.

It's always been the way at QPR though for decades, we always want someone out either the manager, a player or a chairmen, we'll always be better off once that one person is out then we find someone else to want out. From Richard Thompson to Steve Morrow to Chris Wright to PauL Furlong to Ian Holloway to Paladini to Iain Dowie the list is endless. Hughes and SWP are the latest in a long line, it will be someone else next month.

You are oh so right, sadly.

We also conveniently forget that we are not Barcelona or Manchester Utd, in other words, that we are not a club every man and his dog would like to work for.

Now I mention it, though, how's the dog's goals to games ratio? While AJ is out injured perhaps he could....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

TF on Hughes on 13:35 - Oct 29 with 279 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 12:01 - Oct 29 by ozexile

If you aren't able to discern different tactics etc from game to game yourself then I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my time attempting to convince you it happened.

TF on Hughes on 13:42 - Oct 29 with 266 viewstoboboly

TF on Hughes on 13:35 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

If you aren't able to discern different tactics etc from game to game yourself then I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my time attempting to convince you it happened.

Or you could tell us what we have missed.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

TF on Hughes on 13:44 - Oct 29 with 260 viewsWeaverQPR

The tactics may change but the end result is always the same

@WeavQPR

TF on Hughes on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 256 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 13:44 - Oct 29 by WeaverQPR

The tactics may change but the end result is always the same

No the tactics remain exactly the same apparently, regardless of opposition or players picked.

TF on Hughes on 13:47 - Oct 29 with 254 viewsQPunkR

TF on Hughes on 13:20 - Oct 29 by PinnerPaul

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - we get Harry and he's not going to bring in any new players??????????????

Yes that's why we don't go anywhere near 'Arry.

QPR - "shit but local"

TF on Hughes on 13:47 - Oct 29 with 253 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 13:42 - Oct 29 by toboboly

Or you could tell us what we have missed.

Well if you are also saying we 've played exactly the same tactics in every away game then I would say you've missed an awful lot.

TF on Hughes on 13:49 - Oct 29 with 244 viewsPinnerPaul

TF on Hughes on 13:47 - Oct 29 by QPunkR

Yes that's why we don't go anywhere near 'Arry.

As I said, ANY new manager will bring in new players.
TF on Hughes on 14:30 - Oct 29 with 230 viewstoboboly

TF on Hughes on 13:47 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

Well if you are also saying we 've played exactly the same tactics in every away game then I would say you've missed an awful lot.

I'm not saying that. I am asking for your opinion on how MH's tactics have differed from game to game.

TF on Hughes on 16:20 - Oct 29 with 200 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 14:30 - Oct 29 by toboboly

I'm not saying that. I am asking for your opinion on how MH's tactics have differed from game to game.

What does my opinion matter on it?
He's either used more than one tactic or he hasn't. That was the point.

Has he or hasn't he?

TF on Hughes on 16:23 - Oct 29 with 197 viewstoboboly

TF on Hughes on 16:20 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

What does my opinion matter on it?
He's either used more than one tactic or he hasn't. That was the point.

Has he or hasn't he?

If your opinion doesn't matter then mine certainly doesn't.

TF on Hughes on 16:27 - Oct 29 with 191 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 16:23 - Oct 29 by toboboly

If your opinion doesn't matter then mine certainly doesn't.

What are you talking about?
The inference was that Hughes has only ever employed 1 tactic. I say he hasn't.
What my opinion (or anybodies) on his tactics has to do with it is immaterial.
He's either used a singular tactic or he hasn't, end of question.

TF on Hughes on 16:29 - Oct 29 with 186 viewstoboboly

TF on Hughes on 16:27 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

What are you talking about?
The inference was that Hughes has only ever employed 1 tactic. I say he hasn't.
What my opinion (or anybodies) on his tactics has to do with it is immaterial.
He's either used a singular tactic or he hasn't, end of question.

Well he definately hasn't. However I was under the impression that you were having a go at those whom said his tactics were always crap.

Apart from two games this year (Spurs and the scum), his tactics/team selection have been crap.

TF on Hughes on 16:33 - Oct 29 with 178 viewshoopstilidie

TF on Hughes on 16:29 - Oct 29 by toboboly

Well he definately hasn't. However I was under the impression that you were having a go at those whom said his tactics were always crap.

Apart from two games this year (Spurs and the scum), his tactics/team selection have been crap.

Feel free to copy and paste my comments "having a go at those whom said his tactics were always crap".

I specifically answered an assertion that he has only employed 1 tactic by saying he hasn't. Made no reference to whether the said tactics were crap or otherwise. Just that they weren't singular.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024