Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Welbeck 11:47 - Jan 9 with 2796 viewsMerthyrHoop

According to the papers, so taken with a pinch of salt obviously, Reading have approached Man United about taking Welbeck on loan for the season and have been encouraged by the response.

If this happens, and we haven't tried to hijack the deal at some point, then that's a huge miss
Danny Welbeck on 11:51 - Jan 9 with 2758 viewsrunningman75

Cannot see it, England international , may be Man Untd's fourth striker but don't think Alex Ferguson will be copying Mark Hughes and naming 3 strikers in the 25
Danny Welbeck on 12:08 - Jan 9 with 2677 viewsexiled_dictator

I believe Robert Lewandowski is about to sign for them, so it might make sense.
Would do a 'triffic job for us; young, fast, footballing sense & can score the odd goal or two.
Would be great for all concerned (except Betty), if he came till the end of the season. Almost a guaranteed start, I would think.
Worth a shout.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Danny Welbeck on 12:13 - Jan 9 with 2646 viewsKevinPR

Never rated him.
Danny Welbeck on 12:16 - Jan 9 with 2626 viewssimmo

Danny Welbeck on 12:13 - Jan 9 by KevinPR

Never rated him.

Based on what? His excellent form? His reasonable step up at international level? His persistent selection in a Man United team, especially last season? His long term contract handed to him by the best manager in the league/world?

Yeah he's shit.

Also he's about 22 isnt he? WIll only get worse, probably.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Danny Welbeck on 12:20 - Jan 9 with 2591 viewsKevinPR

Danny Welbeck on 12:16 - Jan 9 by simmo

Based on what? His excellent form? His reasonable step up at international level? His persistent selection in a Man United team, especially last season? His long term contract handed to him by the best manager in the league/world?

Yeah he's shit.

My opinion of watching him play.

Take him out of Man Utd and he's Park/Macheda all over again.

I know plenty of Man Utd fans with the same opinion.
Danny Welbeck on 12:21 - Jan 9 with 2575 viewsStanisgod

Danny Welbeck on 12:13 - Jan 9 by KevinPR

Never rated him.

Yeah, rather have Betty and Hulse anytime

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Danny Welbeck on 12:24 - Jan 9 with 2548 viewsKevinPR

Danny Welbeck on 12:21 - Jan 9 by Stanisgod

Yeah, rather have Betty and Hulse anytime

Did I say that?
Danny Welbeck on 12:25 - Jan 9 with 2543 viewssimmo

Danny Welbeck on 12:20 - Jan 9 by KevinPR

My opinion of watching him play.

Take him out of Man Utd and he's Park/Macheda all over again.

I know plenty of Man Utd fans with the same opinion.

If he is another 'Macheda' then why has he played 53 times compared to FM's 19 in the same time frame? This is for the same team with the same players by the way.

Also we have taken him out of Man U and played him for England (from U-17's all the way through to senior team) where he has scored 5 in 14 games including goals at a major tournament.

Not to mention his time at Sunderland where he was excellent, not in a Man U team then was he...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Welbeck on 12:25 - Jan 9 with 2543 viewsStanisgod

Danny Welbeck on 12:24 - Jan 9 by KevinPR

Did I say that?

May as well have

Danny Welbeck on 12:26 - Jan 9 with 2531 viewsKevinPR

Danny Welbeck on 12:25 - Jan 9 by Stanisgod

May as well have

Well argued.
Danny Welbeck on 12:28 - Jan 9 with 2507 viewsStanisgod

Danny Welbeck on 12:25 - Jan 9 by simmo

If he is another 'Macheda' then why has he played 53 times compared to FM's 19 in the same time frame? This is for the same team with the same players by the way.

Also we have taken him out of Man U and played him for England (from U-17's all the way through to senior team) where he has scored 5 in 14 games including goals at a major tournament.

Not to mention his time at Sunderland where he was excellent, not in a Man U team then was he...

This, ia that argument enough ? Going to bang my head on brick wall now.

Danny Welbeck on 12:35 - Jan 9 with 2466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, give the lad a break. If he doesn't rate him, he doesn't rate him.

Pedro, played loads for Barca and scored bucketloads. I once said that I never rated him, and got killed for it, albeit jokingly. I stand by my opinion.

Each to their own, and all that hippy lark.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Danny Welbeck on 12:36 - Jan 9 with 2461 viewsimustbemad

I think we should never take another Manu player until SAF retires/drops dead
Danny Welbeck on 12:41 - Jan 9 with 2444 viewssimmo

Fair point and I dont mean to drive mine home so 'matter of factly'. It is all down to opinions I suppose. I just think people are too quick to get on the backs of young English players despite what they are achieving just because we have not produced a Messi or Ronaldo.

He seems not only a talented player that has got better year on year, but he seems to have a brilliant attitude to learning and improving and taking his chances on loan etc. How many young 'uns go on loan and feel the move is beneath them (Macheda) so dont bother?

I dont think he will come to us either btw....

Also I am tired and not had lunch yet so hungry. Both of these things make me grumpy and unreasonable.... In the future may be best to ignore a lot of what I say before 1pm

Danny Welbeck on 12:49 - Jan 9 with 2400 viewsJamie

Danny Welbeck on 12:16 - Jan 9 by simmo

Yeah he's shit.

At the risk of having an opinion, a 1 in 5 record playing for a centre forward at Utd is not good enough IMO.

Very average player being flattered by those around him, ala Cleverley. Again, IMO.
Danny Welbeck on 12:52 - Jan 9 with 2379 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Danny Welbeck on 12:41 - Jan 9 by simmo

Fair point and I dont mean to drive mine home so 'matter of factly'. It is all down to opinions I suppose. I just think people are too quick to get on the backs of young English players despite what they are achieving just because we have not produced a Messi or Ronaldo.

He seems not only a talented player that has got better year on year, but he seems to have a brilliant attitude to learning and improving and taking his chances on loan etc. How many young 'uns go on loan and feel the move is beneath them (Macheda) so dont bother?

I dont think he will come to us either btw....

Also I am tired and not had lunch yet so hungry. Both of these things make me grumpy and unreasonable.... In the future may be best to ignore a lot of what I say before 1pm

Look at time of last post..... ....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Danny Welbeck on 12:53 - Jan 9 with 2373 viewsHollowayRanger

sorry but im i missing something

WE HAVE FABIO!!!!!

1 loan from a any given club i thought?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Danny Welbeck on 13:10 - Jan 9 with 2320 viewssimmo

Danny Welbeck on 12:52 - Jan 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Look at time of last post..... ....

Exactly!

Danny Welbeck on 13:40 - Jan 9 with 2238 viewsMerthyrHoop

Danny Welbeck on 12:53 - Jan 9 by HollowayRanger

sorry but im i missing something

WE HAVE FABIO!!!!!

1 loan from a any given club i thought?

I didn't realise that was a rule. Never mind then.

Based on arguments about how talented he actually is, my argument would be his performances at Euro 2012. He absolutely worked his socks off when up-front on his own during that tournament and scored with a superb instinctive finish.

Even if he weren't to improve on his 1 in 5 ratio somewhere else, his sheer workrate would undoubtedly create chances for the likes of Taarabt, Hoilett and Mackie...something that Zamora and Cisse are unlikely to mirror
Danny Welbeck on 13:52 - Jan 9 with 2194 viewsrsonist

Wasn't too shabby on loan at Sunderland to be fair. Does seem like Fergie might be thinking about letting him go though, the Lewandowski link is persistent and young Nick Powell needs games and can play #10.
Danny Welbeck on 14:02 - Jan 9 with 2167 viewsClive_Anderson

If Fergie is thinking about loaning after he has been playing regularly for a year or so then it is probably because he doesn't rate him.

I thought he wasn't great at the Euros with his touch and passing constantly letting him down and I thought his goal was a bit of a fluke as well.

Not saying he is terrible or anything, but I don't think he's this amazing young player who will have a glittering career.
Danny Welbeck on 15:15 - Jan 9 with 2079 viewsRANGERS4EVER

well i thought he was one of the best players who played at Loftus Road last season

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Danny Welbeck on 19:09 - Jan 9 with 1930 viewsderbyhoop

Might be 4th choice at Man U but I cannot believe people don't rate him. Last game for England I thought he looked like a seasoned international.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Danny Welbeck on 19:12 - Jan 9 with 1919 viewsbosh67

Going on loan to reading I hear.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Danny Welbeck on 19:17 - Jan 9 with 1893 viewsdaveB

i used to work with his cousin, i'm still in touch with her. He's a really nice bloke by the sound of it and i thought he was very good against us last season, i'd be very surprised if Ferguson let him go now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024