Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mbia 03:38 - May 31 with 3490 viewsealinghoop

Honestly don't understand the criticism about him, yes he made an idiotic tweet which lets be honest was more than likely not him (no one is that stupid).

My point being is, he has played very good in a number of games this season, and yes very very poor in a lot of games too. however the games he has played poor in you have too look at why. my point being is he is a holding midfielder, who's job primarily is too win the ball back and release it quickly to the so called "play maker" in the midfield, so he has fell short often, because he has kept losing possession. I believe this to be because he's trying to be that play maker, because he's either been instructed to do that (and as we know he's simply not that type of player) or he cant find that player in our midfield and as we all know, we haven't had that type of player all year, meaning he hasn't found a player to release to early enough so has tried to play that killer pass which he has not got in his locker because he's been forced into that situation.

This is just my point of view on the player, the reason i say it now is cause iv seen a lot of stick in recent weeks so thought I'd try stick up for him for once, because i know people say he signed for money which yes he may have, but i do believe he's made an effort (more than can be said about nearly 99% of our players) which shows with what he's tried doing with fans by handing out shirts etc.

I'm also making this point because I think he's going to be a good player next season and i cant see why people would think otherwise to be honest. However, like iv said its just my opinion.
Mbia on 05:35 - May 31 with 2725 viewstimcocking

I think he was made to sign against his will and he tried his best for us.

He always seemed likely at any point to do something ridiculous though. To me, only when Ali Faulin was playing did we have any semblance of cohesion as a team. Without him, we always looked like 11 individuals playing on their own. Give the ball to Townsend, see if he can beat 5 men and score a long shot. Mbia break from the halfway line try and score a long shot (miles off target again) Next time see if Adel can dribble past everybody on their team. Now let's give Junior Hoilett or Mackie a run at three defenders. We just couldn't knock the ball around and play as an effective unit. Which i felt we did for a couple of games at the beginning, Faurlin and Granero away to Spurs springs to mind.
Mbia on 05:40 - May 31 with 2721 viewsDesertBoot

Sorry disagree with you. In the main he's been a liability. Idiotic decisions, rash tackling and fouling and his theatrics are embarrassing.
It's au revoir as far as I'm concerned.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mbia on 06:38 - May 31 with 2692 viewsozexile

Mbia on 05:40 - May 31 by DesertBoot

Sorry disagree with you. In the main he's been a liability. Idiotic decisions, rash tackling and fouling and his theatrics are embarrassing.
It's au revoir as far as I'm concerned.

Everything I wanted to say thanks.
Mbia on 08:16 - May 31 with 2602 viewsRed_Ranger

Mbia on 05:35 - May 31 by timcocking

I think he was made to sign against his will and he tried his best for us.

He always seemed likely at any point to do something ridiculous though. To me, only when Ali Faulin was playing did we have any semblance of cohesion as a team. Without him, we always looked like 11 individuals playing on their own. Give the ball to Townsend, see if he can beat 5 men and score a long shot. Mbia break from the halfway line try and score a long shot (miles off target again) Next time see if Adel can dribble past everybody on their team. Now let's give Junior Hoilett or Mackie a run at three defenders. We just couldn't knock the ball around and play as an effective unit. Which i felt we did for a couple of games at the beginning, Faurlin and Granero away to Spurs springs to mind.

Agree. For me, this midfield link up role has been problem all season. Reluctantly have to say at times Barton last season fulfilled this role. Diakite against Arsenal last season looked like he was going to be something. Prospect of AF and Diakite this season got me really optimistic. Add Grenero, bingo! Park and others flopped. Barton gone. Big void. Relegated.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mbia on 08:22 - May 31 with 2582 viewsYorkRanger

When I think of Mbia I struggle to recall a really memorable contribution in any game. Happy to drive him to the airport myself...
Mbia on 08:26 - May 31 with 2567 viewsNorthernr

Showed at Fulham A what a decent player he can be, and I think he's been playing out of position in a busy area of a dreadful team which can't have helped. But overall he's been very poor and his dreadful attitude to tracking runners from deep (his job) makes him a bit of a liability.
Mbia on 08:42 - May 31 with 2531 viewsHooparoo

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Mbia on 08:44 - May 31 with 2526 viewssimmo

Honestly don't understand the criticism about him, yes he made an idiotic tweet which lets be honest was more than likely not him (no one is that stupid).

He absolutely is that stupid.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Mbia on 09:02 - May 31 with 2483 viewsToast_R

So he can't play in midfield because he's sh*t
When played as defender he's gets sent off for being a Dick
Off the field he's a absolute 22 carat Dick.

Mbia on 09:04 - May 31 with 2476 viewsQPR_John

Mbia on 08:22 - May 31 by YorkRanger

When I think of Mbia I struggle to recall a really memorable contribution in any game. Happy to drive him to the airport myself...

Wigan home?????
Mbia on 09:13 - May 31 with 2449 viewstoboboly

Was willing to forgive him for a few rash tackles as he was new to the league but the guy can't keep his feet and is fcuking embarrasing every time he goes down, fiddled with his gloves rather than trying to play football and doesn't seem to understand tackling/marking/tracking back. Add to that his debacle at Wigan and his pathetic tweeting and he can go imo.

Also he doesn't seem to have a position. When he was in defence he looked better as a midfielder and in midfield he looks more like a CB. His best game for me was at RB at Old Trafford.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Mbia on 09:14 - May 31 with 2446 viewsbaz_qpr

I think there is probably a very decent ball playing centre half in there somewhere
Mbia on 10:15 - May 31 with 2379 viewsStanisgod

Mbia on 09:14 - May 31 by baz_qpr

I think there is probably a very decent ball playing centre half in there somewhere

Have you watched him trying ( or not ) to "mark" at set pieces ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mbia on 10:22 - May 31 with 2361 viewsPommyhoop

For the love of God think about the children!

If we get rid who will do the shirt give away duties?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mbia on 10:23 - May 31 with 2356 viewsNorthernr

Mbia on 10:22 - May 31 by Pommyhoop

For the love of God think about the children!

If we get rid who will do the shirt give away duties?

Armand Traore took that a bit too far after the last home game - left the field wearing nothing more than a pair of Y fronts.
Mbia on 10:27 - May 31 with 2346 viewsbosh67

I've seen him fill in at CB for us and he instantly looked at home in that position. Personally I like his attitude, I think he's a natural CB and alongside Ned I think that could be the future if Samba is sold on. Hill then could cover.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mbia on 10:33 - May 31 with 2339 viewsSomersetHoops

Its easy to criticise, but we need to look at what happens to players after they join our club. I think he has been trying too hard and has been chopped about in so many positions on the pitch he never has had a chance to settle. He is the sort of player a manager/coach like Dave Sexton could have worked wonders with and its a shame we don't seem to have that kind of ability in our coaching/management setup and haven't for years.

Is it only me that notices we take some reasonably able players on board at LR and make them worse instead of better and then the fans get on their back and make it even worse. If the training environment is crap what do we expect? I'm not talking about facilities either Alec Stock, Dave Sexton, Terry Venables had no fancy facilities but managed to improve their players. Player improvement should be a major requirement of our player management team and I've not seen any signs of it for quite a few years - quite the reverse.

Who's Next?

Mbia on 10:39 - May 31 with 2326 viewsHAYESBOY

IMO I htink he has done ok in a poor season.

Certainly not the worst player in the side.
Would like to see him have a run of games with Faurlin.

I would keep him as at this level think he will do well.

Trouble is he just doesnt want to be here.
Proabably why he only signed a 2 yeard deal.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mbia on 10:54 - May 31 with 2305 viewsHollowayRanger

Mbia on 09:04 - May 31 by QPR_John

Wigan home?????

very true set up BOTH goals

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Mbia on 11:50 - May 31 with 2244 viewsTonto

He does some things well and others badly and is very inconsistant. the sort of players rangers fans love to hate (see Leigertwood or Ferdinand).

on a good day he provides the energy to the team - he is the one who drives the midfield. but his passing is erretic - how he misses the simple 5 yard pass by 5 yards is beyond me. His theatrics are quite frankly embarassing and pathetic. Some of his decision making is poor.

His worst games came when he played CB. He cant mark to save his life, and for a tall man his heading is poor.

Then of course came that tweet...

If someone comes in with an offer for him, I wouldnt be sorry to see him go. He's not first out of the door nor would I let him go at any cost, but he's up there.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Mbia on 11:54 - May 31 with 2232 viewsTW_R

Mbia on 10:54 - May 31 by HollowayRanger

very true set up BOTH goals

Lol - was gonna say the same thing.

I quite like him and he does try, but he's got to learn that we really don't want to see him falling over and rolling around like he's been shot and how best to make a challenge outside his own box.
Mbia on 12:29 - May 31 with 2191 viewsadhoc_qpr

Mbia was poor overall with some absolutely infuriating moments - Arsenal red card, putting gloves on while the oppo scored, diving etc.

On the other hand, unlike many of our players, i can see an upside for Mbia even if we only saw it occassionally. He dominated the Fulham midfield, was solid vs Spurs and against Wigan showed he can pick a slide rule pass.

In a more settled team and a more well defined role, he could be a solid player.

However, i think it's irrelevant and he'll be out the door back to France.
Mbia on 12:51 - May 31 with 2164 viewsTHEBUSH

I think Mbia's problem is, he's been asked to do too much, for his ability's !!

Sometimes he's had to the run midfield almost by himself, as he got sod all help from the others.

Imo, we need someone like Scott Parker to organize players like Mbia, then hopefully well see the best of him ?
Mbia on 12:54 - May 31 with 2161 viewsCharlie1

Mbia on 08:26 - May 31 by Northernr

Showed at Fulham A what a decent player he can be, and I think he's been playing out of position in a busy area of a dreadful team which can't have helped. But overall he's been very poor and his dreadful attitude to tracking runners from deep (his job) makes him a bit of a liability.

Second half he did but first half he was dreadful. A bit like the rest of them.

I'd get rid. I think he's a disgrace - they way he rolls about the pitch, feigning injury etc. Really don't rate him.

2:59 baby!

Mbia on 13:15 - May 31 with 2125 viewshoops_legend

Mbia on 12:54 - May 31 by Charlie1

Second half he did but first half he was dreadful. A bit like the rest of them.

I'd get rid. I think he's a disgrace - they way he rolls about the pitch, feigning injury etc. Really don't rate him.

We supporters are very confused people

We hate how QPR sign 8 players each transfer window and complain about adding on new layers yet everyone wants rid of everyone in the side!

Players like Mbia we can certainly work with and he is of a good age so why would we want to get rid? Its nonsense!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024