Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned from that win! 17:08 - Aug 17 with 8154 viewsDylanP

bloody marvelous result. We were the better all game.

Some great signs for the team.

1. O'Neil sounded (from the commentary) like he was dangerous and could be a great purchase. I would be interested to hear what people at the game thought.

2. Obviously Hitchcock's story will be written in legend. But just the fact that a young 'un played and made such a mark should be good for all the young 'uns (I hope).

3. Austin sounds like a great purchase too. Yeah, he missed one (hit the post, that is) but he was always dangerous and always in there. Great sign.

4. Barton has been consistently very good for the team.

5. Clean sheet. Dunne made a howler, but other than that, the defense held up well against a team that were highly fancied and had some speed down the wings.

6. World class save from Green. It'll do him the world of good to get that save and keep a clean sheet.

7. Team never gave up. Showed steel up front and in defense. Gone are the wishy-washiness (yeah, I'm looking at you Granero and Boswanka) and in are the hearts of steel professionals!

Did I miss anything?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What we learned from that win! on 17:10 - Aug 17 with 6009 viewscheeseydane

Nice positive post.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

What we learned from that win! on 17:11 - Aug 17 with 5986 viewsrsonist

I learned that our armchair fans are absolute mongs.
What we learned from that win! on 17:12 - Aug 17 with 5982 viewsGetMeRangers

Thought SWP had a good game too... did he provide the assist for Tom?

JB seems to be becoming key to our season. Just hope he doesnt leave.
What we learned from that win! on 17:12 - Aug 17 with 5968 viewsDylanP

What we learned from that win! on 17:11 - Aug 17 by rsonist

Are u upset coz we won?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What we learned from that win! on 17:15 - Aug 17 with 5913 viewsJAPRANGERS

What we learned from that win! on 17:12 - Aug 17 by DylanP

Are u upset coz we won?

What we learned from that win! on 17:15 - Aug 17 with 5905 viewscheeseydane

not nice.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 19:21]

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

What we learned from that win! on 17:15 - Aug 17 with 5903 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I don't think Austin really looked that good in my opinion. Yes he was better than Zamora, but should have scored, and lost the ball a few times

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

What we learned from that win! on 17:16 - Aug 17 with 5886 viewsSpiritofGregory

1] O'Neil should be in the first eleven.

2] We don't have to put up with Zamora anymore.

3] Defence still prone to school boy errors.

4] Good to bring the youngsters through.
Login to get fewer ads

What we learned from that win! on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 5840 viewsQPRDave

What's your view on the tiger cubs initiative the club run??
What we learned from that win! on 17:27 - Aug 17 with 5779 viewsdolcelatte

What we learned from that win! on 17:16 - Aug 17 by SpiritofGregory

1] O'Neil should be in the first eleven.

2] We don't have to put up with Zamora anymore.

3] Defence still prone to school boy errors.

4] Good to bring the youngsters through.

4) Don't tell that to QPR_ARG - apparently all the away across the other side of the world(ish) Harry will only bring over 30's in and not give youth a chance!

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

What we learned from that win! on 17:42 - Aug 17 with 5705 viewsOakwoodR

A win and a clean sheet.
I can't believe all the negativity on twitter after the game.
Redknapp is in a no win situation with a large amount of our support. If he plays kids it's because he is showing the board we need players but if he doesn't play them he still gets slated.
Sure we need a couple more players in after the amount we have booted out.

Lets enjoy being positive for a few days people?
What we learned from that win! on 17:46 - Aug 17 with 5671 viewsBlackCrowe

What we learned from that win! on 17:42 - Aug 17 by OakwoodR

A win and a clean sheet.
I can't believe all the negativity on twitter after the game.
Redknapp is in a no win situation with a large amount of our support. If he plays kids it's because he is showing the board we need players but if he doesn't play them he still gets slated.
Sure we need a couple more players in after the amount we have booted out.

Lets enjoy being positive for a few days people?

Played 4, won 3, drawn 1. What's to be pessimistic about at the moment FFS.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What we learned from that win! on 17:47 - Aug 17 with 5658 viewsHunterhoop

Great result....but an average performance. We hugely missed Faurlin's passing in the middle. Both Henry and Barton (less so) just take too long on the ball. They can't move it accurately quickly.

Zamora was poor; we need another forward, what with AJ out.

But, SWP was better than last year. o'Neill looked excellent, Austin WILL get goals; he looks a good all round player.

Hopefully Hoilett isn't out for long.

Well done Tom Hitchcock.

Finally, Nedum is BY F*CKING MILES our best CB. A class apart. 3 games in a row and he looks so comfortable.
What we learned from that win! on 17:47 - Aug 17 with 5659 viewsQPR_Nippon

When Hoilett came off thought we were losing our most dangerous attacking outlet, but we were actually better. O'Neil was hugely impressive and linked up really well down the right with Simpson. Looks like an excellent signing and must start the next match.

Deserved the win overall despite a few hairy moments in both halves. On that evidence Ipswich are a fairly decent, well organised Championship side who I would expect to finish top half.

Another excellent performance from Onuoha who possibly just shaded MOM for me.

Barton orchestrated things very well in midfield and I'm afraid to say looks indispensable for us at the moment.

Henry was steady if unspectacular.

Dunne is still clearly not yet fully fit and had a few dodgy moments but still managed to do a lot of excellent defensive work, mainly in the first half.

Austin WILL get goals for us - could have had a hat-trick today and things not quite running for him in front of goal, but he has enough about him to contribute even when not scoring.

Green, poor kicking again but two very good saves played a big part in getting the win.

And well done Tom Hitchcock! A simple tap in but at least he was in the right spot. Zamora wouldn't have been!
What we learned from that win! on 17:51 - Aug 17 with 5613 viewsthemodfather

austin tired
barton played well and was battered again with again no ref protection
errors gave ippers their chances but we hit the bar 3 times
zamora was ippers best player
o'neil looked really good
but we relied on a kid cos we have outed too many too soon
What we learned from that win! on 17:58 - Aug 17 with 5569 viewsNW5Hoop

We look functional and competent, which is a great improvement on last season. But we also look unimaginative — a pairing of Barton and Henry in central midfield isn't going to unlock many defences, and Henry especially took so long on the ball that a few times in the first half he killed attacks when the wingers were bombing forward in hope of a ball outside, while he dawdled in the middle so long he ended up having to check and play backwards. O'Neil was excellent when he came on — much more skillful and intelligent with the ball than I had realised he was. I'd rather see him in the centre than Henry, for certain.

The defence looked good, Dunne's howler aside. I thought he was excellent today, actually, as was Onouha — both won scores of headers and tackles and distributed intelligently. The baffling selection of the day was Hill at LB — nearly two years after he himself said he was too old to play there any longer. In the first half, Ipswich were getting a fair bit of joy attacking that flank at pace, because with Dunne as the left sided CB there was no speed at all on our left defence.

I liked the look of Austin, who worked hard and displayed some nice touches, and was unlucky not to score. And, like everyone, I'm delighted a youth teamer came on and got the winner — all the team seemed ecstatic for him at the end.

But let's not kid ourselves that we wiped the floor with Ipswich. We deserved to win, but the the team we put out was, on paper, wildly stronger than Ipswich's. It didn't look that way on grass, though. Can't help thinking that with Taarabt in the side, we'd have wiped the floor with them, not least because Austin would have got three or four excellent chances — and would have had twice as much space because Taarabt would have been marked so tightly.

Still, three games, seven points. Mustn't grumble.
What we learned from that win! on 18:06 - Aug 17 with 5495 views18StoneOfHoop

The cost of throwing away a Championship match ball at one of the Tractor boy muppets up in the top tier to tea-leaf? about $120*
The cost of the satisfaction to the constantly barracked ex-Norwich maker of the world class save on 36 mins Super Robert Green? Priceless.

Look,I wasn't pleased when we signed him..too many cock-ups.. but we gotta get behind him as X Block did; 'Greeno! Greeno!'. He's very much a form and confidence fella..it will improve a lot after games like this.

(*sorry my pound sterling symbol still foo ked.)

BTW Very good accurate summation from Cream drummer loving NW5 in the comment above this. we lacked creativity before Hitchcock got us out of jail. Metallica will have to do something about getting NW5 to officially join the Ginger Hedgepig Clique? Maybe a photo session down Farringdon Road?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 18:21]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

What we learned from that win! on 18:10 - Aug 17 with 5461 viewsVancouverHoop

What have we learned?

I hope we've learned to trust our players. They're clearly doing their best, no one seems to be dogging it – which hasn't been the case for the past couple of years. We've seen they can be competitive, and should only improve as they gel as a team.

I hope our coaches have learned to give every player in the squad an equal shot – that also hasn't happened in the recent past, and I'm not sure it is now. Prove me wrong 'Arry.
What we learned from that win! on 18:10 - Aug 17 with 5461 viewspeejaybee

What we learned from that win! on 17:58 - Aug 17 by NW5Hoop

We look functional and competent, which is a great improvement on last season. But we also look unimaginative — a pairing of Barton and Henry in central midfield isn't going to unlock many defences, and Henry especially took so long on the ball that a few times in the first half he killed attacks when the wingers were bombing forward in hope of a ball outside, while he dawdled in the middle so long he ended up having to check and play backwards. O'Neil was excellent when he came on — much more skillful and intelligent with the ball than I had realised he was. I'd rather see him in the centre than Henry, for certain.

The defence looked good, Dunne's howler aside. I thought he was excellent today, actually, as was Onouha — both won scores of headers and tackles and distributed intelligently. The baffling selection of the day was Hill at LB — nearly two years after he himself said he was too old to play there any longer. In the first half, Ipswich were getting a fair bit of joy attacking that flank at pace, because with Dunne as the left sided CB there was no speed at all on our left defence.

I liked the look of Austin, who worked hard and displayed some nice touches, and was unlucky not to score. And, like everyone, I'm delighted a youth teamer came on and got the winner — all the team seemed ecstatic for him at the end.

But let's not kid ourselves that we wiped the floor with Ipswich. We deserved to win, but the the team we put out was, on paper, wildly stronger than Ipswich's. It didn't look that way on grass, though. Can't help thinking that with Taarabt in the side, we'd have wiped the floor with them, not least because Austin would have got three or four excellent chances — and would have had twice as much space because Taarabt would have been marked so tightly.

Still, three games, seven points. Mustn't grumble.

What do you mean " Mustn't Grumble" I demand a Grumble.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

What we learned from that win! on 18:12 - Aug 17 with 5434 viewsTheBlob

That we can keep going until the end and silence tw*ts like Mick Mills who believed we had too many old legs.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

What we learned from that win! on 18:15 - Aug 17 with 5403 viewsPinnerPaul

What we learned from that win! on 17:47 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Great result....but an average performance. We hugely missed Faurlin's passing in the middle. Both Henry and Barton (less so) just take too long on the ball. They can't move it accurately quickly.

Zamora was poor; we need another forward, what with AJ out.

But, SWP was better than last year. o'Neill looked excellent, Austin WILL get goals; he looks a good all round player.

Hopefully Hoilett isn't out for long.

Well done Tom Hitchcock.

Finally, Nedum is BY F*CKING MILES our best CB. A class apart. 3 games in a row and he looks so comfortable.

Barton's 80 yard cross field pass that led to the goal?!

Jeeeessssus we could win the next 43 and some on here would still pick holes.

Austin not that impressive?

Barton can't pass?

You couldn't make it up you really couldn't.
What we learned from that win! on 18:16 - Aug 17 with 5396 viewsJonDoeman

What we learned from that win! on 18:06 - Aug 17 by 18StoneOfHoop

The cost of throwing away a Championship match ball at one of the Tractor boy muppets up in the top tier to tea-leaf? about $120*
The cost of the satisfaction to the constantly barracked ex-Norwich maker of the world class save on 36 mins Super Robert Green? Priceless.

Look,I wasn't pleased when we signed him..too many cock-ups.. but we gotta get behind him as X Block did; 'Greeno! Greeno!'. He's very much a form and confidence fella..it will improve a lot after games like this.

(*sorry my pound sterling symbol still foo ked.)

BTW Very good accurate summation from Cream drummer loving NW5 in the comment above this. we lacked creativity before Hitchcock got us out of jail. Metallica will have to do something about getting NW5 to officially join the Ginger Hedgepig Clique? Maybe a photo session down Farringdon Road?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 18:21]

Some good support for 'Greeno' today! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

What we learned from that win! on 18:25 - Aug 17 with 5345 viewsHunterhoop

What we learned from that win! on 18:15 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

Barton's 80 yard cross field pass that led to the goal?!

Jeeeessssus we could win the next 43 and some on here would still pick holes.

Austin not that impressive?

Barton can't pass?

You couldn't make it up you really couldn't.

Wtf you talking about you bell piece?!

I praised Austin!

My assessment of Barton was balanced. Okay but passing wasn't great. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

I'd still start with him. I'd have

O'Neill Barton Faurlin Hoilett

That's my preferred midfield.

And don't make out my analysis is bollo*ks. It's not.

And don't make out I'm negative. I love QPR. I want us to do as well as we can. I give up every Sunday AM to manage the QPR Supporters' XI Sunday league team. I give up another 5 hours a week just organising that whole thing.

How f*cking dare you take that tone. C*nt.
What we learned from that win! on 18:43 - Aug 17 with 5231 viewsbaz_qpr

I think we learned that Oneil is first name on the team sheet very impressive. Austin looks the best all round striker we've had in years deserved a goal.

We also learned that Barton is a quality player at this level but not paired with Henry and that we need to buy / loan 2 big strikers and let Zamora have his op because without it his career is over, looks finished.

We also learned that occasionally it does no harm to try a youngster out. Well done Hitch!
What we learned from that win! on 18:59 - Aug 17 with 5159 viewsthame_hoops

Awful choice of words there considering the tiger cubs and some posters here have kids with downs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024