Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned from that win! 17:08 - Aug 17 with 8259 viewsDylanP

bloody marvelous result. We were the better all game.

Some great signs for the team.

1. O'Neil sounded (from the commentary) like he was dangerous and could be a great purchase. I would be interested to hear what people at the game thought.

2. Obviously Hitchcock's story will be written in legend. But just the fact that a young 'un played and made such a mark should be good for all the young 'uns (I hope).

3. Austin sounds like a great purchase too. Yeah, he missed one (hit the post, that is) but he was always dangerous and always in there. Great sign.

4. Barton has been consistently very good for the team.

5. Clean sheet. Dunne made a howler, but other than that, the defense held up well against a team that were highly fancied and had some speed down the wings.

6. World class save from Green. It'll do him the world of good to get that save and keep a clean sheet.

7. Team never gave up. Showed steel up front and in defense. Gone are the wishy-washiness (yeah, I'm looking at you Granero and Boswanka) and in are the hearts of steel professionals!

Did I miss anything?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What we learned from that win! on 21:31 - Aug 17 with 2300 viewsJHoop

What we learned from that win! on 18:25 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Wtf you talking about you bell piece?!

I praised Austin!

My assessment of Barton was balanced. Okay but passing wasn't great. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

I'd still start with him. I'd have

O'Neill Barton Faurlin Hoilett

That's my preferred midfield.

And don't make out my analysis is bollo*ks. It's not.

And don't make out I'm negative. I love QPR. I want us to do as well as we can. I give up every Sunday AM to manage the QPR Supporters' XI Sunday league team. I give up another 5 hours a week just organising that whole thing.

How f*cking dare you take that tone. C*nt.

I assume that was tongue in cheek and you two know each other!?
What we learned from that win! on 22:19 - Aug 17 with 2249 viewsingeminate

What we learned from that win! on 21:31 - Aug 17 by JHoop

I assume that was tongue in cheek and you two know each other!?

Doubt it

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

What we learned from that win! on 22:29 - Aug 17 with 2223 viewsTacticalR

Even though we got out of jail with the goal, I thought the second half was a stalemate. We had more of the ball, and the better chances, but Ipswich mostly managed to contain us.

Air hostess clique

What we learned from that win! on 22:33 - Aug 17 with 2208 viewsQPR_Nippon

What we learned from that win! on 18:43 - Aug 17 by baz_qpr

I think we learned that Oneil is first name on the team sheet very impressive. Austin looks the best all round striker we've had in years deserved a goal.

We also learned that Barton is a quality player at this level but not paired with Henry and that we need to buy / loan 2 big strikers and let Zamora have his op because without it his career is over, looks finished.

We also learned that occasionally it does no harm to try a youngster out. Well done Hitch!

Isn't the reason Zamora isn't having his op because it would put him out til the end of his contract? Until then we may as well keep him as a squad player, especially as we have so few striker options at the moment.
What we learned from that win! on 22:36 - Aug 17 with 2197 viewsScubaHoop

What we learned from that win! on 17:11 - Aug 17 by rsonist

I learned that our armchair fans are absolute mongs.

so you're an armchair fan then?
What we learned from that win! on 22:39 - Aug 17 with 2187 viewsWanderR

Never thought of Ipswich as a 'nasty' team in terms of their support but after their constant barracking of Green during the second half ("USA! USA!", "You let your country down!", "Scum! You always be scum!") for no other reason than he once played for Norwich and the fisticuffs on South Africa Road after the final whistle (Hint: Don't hit a policeman because he's got a nice extendable metal baton he's more than happy to crack your skull with) I might have to re-evaluate my position.

Green's reaction at the final whistle towards the away end was priceless though. Their utter deflation after all the Billy Big Bullocks was total. Comes close to the Derby County fans after our two injury time goals during the Championship promotion season.

Current location: OX10

What we learned from that win! on 22:45 - Aug 17 with 2170 views18StoneOfHoop

What we learned from that win! on 22:19 - Aug 17 by ingeminate

Doubt it

Pistols or sabres? @ dawn,Sunday morning,Shepherd's Bush Green

Nah not really..peace boys..remember the real enemy.
Love,Peace and Fook Chelski.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

What we learned from that win! on 01:06 - Aug 18 with 2053 viewsbaz_qpr

What we learned from that win! on 22:33 - Aug 17 by QPR_Nippon

Isn't the reason Zamora isn't having his op because it would put him out til the end of his contract? Until then we may as well keep him as a squad player, especially as we have so few striker options at the moment.

My point is if the guy wants to extend his career he needs to have the op, because he can't jump at the moment and he is weaker on the ball than he was. He looks shot, yes we can keep him going, but his career will end this year
Login to get fewer ads

What we learned from that win! on 01:23 - Aug 18 with 2034 viewsBluce_Ree

I learned that SWP gets much harsher treatment when he messes up than other players and that we need to stop thinking he's some sort of wing wizard. He's good at one thing, chasing the ball and winning it. I thought he was great at that today.

His assist was some marvelous work too.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

What we learned from that win! on 01:45 - Aug 18 with 2025 viewsowza

Pretty much spot on pal.

Just like to add Onuoha was spotless again and he had a terrific game.

Fair play to Dunne who I have criticized a lot recently, had a great game barring his backwards header which was very poor decision making from a player like Dunne's experience but hey, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

O'Neil also surprised me a lot and I think he will really give us a lot more experience and I think we should temporary put him out wide (fingers crossed on Townsend) on the right for SWP who personally I thought had a lackluster performance as usual. Did well for the goal though.

Seemed to be mixed opinions on Austin who personally I thought was great today but I must admit his miss was very poor and I would have bet my house that he would have buried that home. Ah well Tommy Hitchcock had his moment and I was happy with that.

Also can I just say I was wondering why Ipswich keeper Scott Loach clapped us the end and when he came out from half time. He lapped the whole stadium giving thumbs up to a lot of us. Don't know why?

Anyway great day COYRS!!!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2013 1:48]
What we learned from that win! on 06:24 - Aug 18 with 1970 viewsQPR_ARG

What we learned from that win! on 17:27 - Aug 17 by dolcelatte

4) Don't tell that to QPR_ARG - apparently all the away across the other side of the world(ish) Harry will only bring over 30's in and not give youth a chance!

Jumping the gun a bit, are we?

So he sticks a young'un into the team as a late sub (because one of his first-choice forwards doesn't have 90 minutes on his legs anymore) and the boy gets lucky (over the moon that it happened! Don't get me wrong) and now Harry is not interested in +30 players on crazy wages anymore?

So if Harry was so incredible...why did he keep playing the likes of Bosingwa all the way till the last week of last season? Why were our young'uns when Harry was getting us relegated?

Please! Don't give me a hard time if I'm not one to have my thoughts affected by one last-minute winner at home against a team with far less resources than we have.

And I'm not "apparently all the way across the other side of the world(ish)", whatever the fcuk that means. I was born in Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires is where I'm writing this from. I've been following QPR since the mid-90s. There. What the hell is wrong with my nationality or postal code?
What we learned from that win! on 08:53 - Aug 18 with 1900 viewsthame_hoops

What we learned from that win! on 06:24 - Aug 18 by QPR_ARG

So he sticks a young'un into the team as a late sub (because one of his first-choice forwards doesn't have 90 minutes on his legs anymore) and the boy gets lucky (over the moon that it happened! Don't get me wrong) and now Harry is not interested in +30 players on crazy wages anymore?

So if Harry was so incredible...why did he keep playing the likes of Bosingwa all the way till the last week of last season? Why were our young'uns when Harry was getting us relegated?

Please! Don't give me a hard time if I'm not one to have my thoughts affected by one last-minute winner at home against a team with far less resources than we have.

And I'm not "apparently all the way across the other side of the world(ish)", whatever the fcuk that means. I was born in Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires is where I'm writing this from. I've been following QPR since the mid-90s. There. What the hell is wrong with my nationality or postal code?

Calm down dear!
What we learned from that win! on 09:12 - Aug 18 with 1879 viewsTheBlob

What we learned from that win! on 06:24 - Aug 18 by QPR_ARG

The grapes are very sour in Argentina this time of year.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

What we learned from that win! on 09:19 - Aug 18 with 1871 viewsElHoop

Was my first game of the season so learned quite a lot.

General atmosphere is so much better than last season. Not many whingers in the seats for a start.

Defence is better but far from flawless. We need more numbers at the back.

Kelvin isn't as bad as portrayed online. He's not very creative but can fetch carry and move more effectively than Derry these days. He's an important player. Barton was excellent. Zamora ran out of gas in the second half and should have gone off much earlier. Austin looks lively and perhaps still not fully fit. Should have scored a couple but very hard working and goes back to get the ball when required. O'Neill looks a player and you could see why he was getting game time at West Ham last season. He should be starting before long.

We definitely need more players as the squad is thin but it was a pleasure to watch this game. Somehow you thought we might get one whereas last season you thought it wouldn't happen. Hard to beat - we do look hard to beat.
What we learned from that win! on 11:08 - Aug 18 with 1758 viewsdaveB

I thought we played ok, some of the passing was sloppy but up against a very well organised Ipswich side we kept going all the way through, never let our heads dropped and created several very good chances.

We were far better when O'Neil came on, i was really impressed with him, reminded me of Tommy Smith in this division. I thought SWP had a decent game, more creative than Hoilett who I thought was back to his old self yesterday and offered very little but wasn't helped by not having an attacking full back behind him taking defenders away from him. Hill did pretty well though, can't fault him or any of the back four. Dunne made one error put in several very good blocks and one superb clearance when Mcgoldrick was ready to score.

Joey Barton was again our stand out player, i think he may do enough to earn a move this month if he keeps playing like this, one awful tackle on him in the second half would have been a red card if he had made it, good to see him just get up and get on with it with no stupid reaction.

Austin looked good up front again and Zamora did a decent job alongside him. Credit to Redknapp for bringing Hitchcock on, he didn't need to and could easily have left it and moaned about Hooper after the game as many on here have claimed he was going to do but he made a proactive change and it worked.

I think we look a little short of being a top two side over a full season but the effort is there and if we can add some creativity and another striker this month then it should be a god season.
What we learned from that win! on 11:12 - Aug 18 with 1594 viewsJonDoeman

Dunne looked like he's taken Hill's spot.
Hope Harry doesn't think he can keep playing him at L/B.

It Is What It Is !!

What we learned from that win! on 11:23 - Aug 18 with 1585 viewsLambourn

What we learned from that win! on 17:46 - Aug 17 by BlackCrowe

Played 4, won 3, drawn 1. What's to be pessimistic about at the moment FFS.

We should have won the other game no excuses. Lol but im only speaking through my pocket and I was lucky to draw yesterday, great start and may long it continue, bookies by springbok still a pi sstake will not take decent bets on us to win.
What we learned from that win! on 12:55 - Aug 18 with 1553 viewsPinnerPaul

What we learned from that win! on 22:19 - Aug 17 by ingeminate

Doubt it

No we don' t - there we go, you get some lovely people on here don't you.
What we learned from that win! on 12:57 - Aug 18 with 1551 viewsPinnerPaul

What we learned from that win! on 09:19 - Aug 18 by ElHoop

Was my first game of the season so learned quite a lot.

General atmosphere is so much better than last season. Not many whingers in the seats for a start.

Defence is better but far from flawless. We need more numbers at the back.

Kelvin isn't as bad as portrayed online. He's not very creative but can fetch carry and move more effectively than Derry these days. He's an important player. Barton was excellent. Zamora ran out of gas in the second half and should have gone off much earlier. Austin looks lively and perhaps still not fully fit. Should have scored a couple but very hard working and goes back to get the ball when required. O'Neill looks a player and you could see why he was getting game time at West Ham last season. He should be starting before long.

We definitely need more players as the squad is thin but it was a pleasure to watch this game. Somehow you thought we might get one whereas last season you thought it wouldn't happen. Hard to beat - we do look hard to beat.

"Kelvin isn't as bad as he is portrayed on line"

Nothing is as bad as it is portrayed on line!
What we learned from that win! on 15:16 - Aug 18 with 1513 viewsstevec

Learnt that Hoilett and SWP offer nothing in the middle third of the pitch. It gives Barton and Henry very few options and isolates the forwards. Once O 'Neil came on and gave JB and KH an outlet behind Ipswich midfield it was noticeable the forwards finally had some space.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024