Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicky Wire 02:31 - Sep 11 with 11543 viewsSonofNorfolt

the Manics wit in chief, stated that the reason Mumford & Sons are 'so awful' is because they eat good food.
I quite agree.
Argument starts below..............
Nicky Wire on 06:56 - Sep 11 with 9284 viewssmegma

Big mouth strikes again.
Nicky Wire on 07:58 - Sep 11 with 9228 viewseasthertsr

Both bands are sh1te actually
Nicky Wire on 08:21 - Sep 11 with 9192 viewsToast_R

They were good until Richie Edwards disappeared.
Nicky Wire on 09:00 - Sep 11 with 9117 viewsE17hoop

As has been said before, Mumford and Sons are the Pogues for people who shop at Waitrose.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Nicky Wire on 09:21 - Sep 11 with 9064 viewshoopstilidie

The Westboro Baptist lunatics are picketing Mumford's shows.

I'm warming to them for that. (WBC that is)

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Nicky Wire on 09:42 - Sep 11 with 9042 viewsSomersetHoops

If you want American country rock you are better listening to the Allmans than Mumfords - at least the Allmans are/were authentic.

Who's Next?

Nicky Wire on 09:44 - Sep 11 with 9035 viewssmegma

Trying to win an argument using the Allman Brothers as an example ??? The owrlds gone mad, more pony than a baby horse.
Nicky Wire on 09:52 - Sep 11 with 9027 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was working on the 'Kings of Leon' last night that's very 'southernish' at times.

Still not my cup of tea though,I liked the first album but then they did that time honoured thing of cutting their hair and turning shit.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Nicky Wire on 10:00 - Sep 11 with 9012 views1MoreBrightonR

Manic have been a waste of space for years and have always spouted off a bit too much...and that's not me saying Mumford are any good
Nicky Wire on 10:24 - Sep 11 with 8978 viewssmegma

Nicky Wire on 09:52 - Sep 11 by Metallica_Hoop

I was working on the 'Kings of Leon' last night that's very 'southernish' at times.

Still not my cup of tea though,I liked the first album but then they did that time honoured thing of cutting their hair and turning shit.

They weren't that good with hair though. In fact anyone with longer than 3 inches should be lynched.
Nicky Wire on 10:27 - Sep 11 with 8969 viewsBluce_Ree

Manic Shit Preachers more like.

Mumford and C*nts can go f*ck themselves as well.

Kings of Leon are too f*cking slick these days. Bunch of ponces.

So basically f**k all that nonsense.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Nicky Wire on 10:36 - Sep 11 with 8952 views100percent

Nicky Wire on 10:27 - Sep 11 by Bluce_Ree

Manic Shit Preachers more like.

Mumford and C*nts can go f*ck themselves as well.

Kings of Leon are too f*cking slick these days. Bunch of ponces.

So basically f**k all that nonsense.

Agreed.
Absolute pelt....
motorcycle emptiness?? what the fck does that even mean???
Nicky Wire on 10:39 - Sep 11 with 8945 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Nicky Wire on 10:24 - Sep 11 by smegma

They weren't that good with hair though. In fact anyone with longer than 3 inches should be lynched.

They were better than they are now though.

Nicky Wire on 10:40 - Sep 11 with 8943 viewssimmo

For Kings of Leon, everything after Because of the Times just got progressively worse and more mainstream. A shame because they started off really well.

Mumford and Sons can fornicate themselves with an iron stick. Awful.

Never rated the manics either, they are held up like some sort of 90's mega band by some and I dont think they are close to similar 'indie' type bands of that time.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nicky Wire on 11:01 - Sep 11 with 8919 viewsQPunkR

The Manics of the late 80s/early 90s were awsome.
Read an interview with James Dean Bradfield the other day in which he reckoned Ritchie should've left after The Holy Bible, as there was no way he could improve on the lyrical content.
Kinda gotta agree with that, maybe he'd even still be around if that had been the case.

Without him the band definitely lost their anger and so their direction. JDB's still a brilliant guitarist but they lost their core

QPR - "shit but local"

Nicky Wire on 11:04 - Sep 11 with 8916 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I do like this Manics track (even though it's not theirs) they were better as a 4 piece.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2013 11:05]

Nicky Wire on 11:32 - Sep 11 with 8872 viewsElHoop

Saw the Manics supporting Oasis at Maine road, many moons ago. They were OK without being memorable - can only remember Design For life from that particular gig.

I don't really like bands like that. Would add Stereophonics and Kings of Leon to that sort of category of band. The Bucket is the only KoL track on my ipod and I do really like that one.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2013 11:34]
Nicky Wire on 11:46 - Sep 11 with 8842 viewsQPunkR

Nicky Wire on 11:32 - Sep 11 by ElHoop

Saw the Manics supporting Oasis at Maine road, many moons ago. They were OK without being memorable - can only remember Design For life from that particular gig.

I don't really like bands like that. Would add Stereophonics and Kings of Leon to that sort of category of band. The Bucket is the only KoL track on my ipod and I do really like that one.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2013 11:34]

That's the thing, they *were* good - great, even - before 1994. After Richey's disappearance they disappeared for a bit, then came back mellow and were appropriated into the Britpop movement (shudder)

They were best when they were angriest.

And FWIW, Mumford & Sons should be stuck in a dark room somewhere well out of the way of humanity. Appallingly bland music

QPR - "shit but local"

Nicky Wire on 12:10 - Sep 11 with 8813 viewsSomersetHoops

As an American country rock outfit the Allmans were up there with the best - if you don't like that kind of music you won't like them. If you don't like them what do you like? How about contributing something positive to the argument like some examples of what you consider to be good? I like lots of music types as long as its good within its genre and am always keen to hear what is good out there, so I would be interested to hear what you have to offer - PUoSU!

Who's Next?

Nicky Wire on 12:13 - Sep 11 with 8806 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Might as well put this here, better than anything I heard last night.

From Canada. Hammond organ, flute, black magic. Proper old school sound. Majik.

Nicky Wire on 12:35 - Sep 11 with 8760 viewsElHoop

They started out during the black hole in my music loving life, at the time I had young kids. Early Manics, Stone Roses, Nirvana etc. I know virtually nothing of these things. Fair play to Oasis - my wife's niece bought me the first Oasis album to try to get me back on track, and it sort of worked a bit anyway.
Nicky Wire on 12:42 - Sep 11 with 8744 viewsreal_loftus

Dont know what its called, but that latest Manics track is fahkin GASH.

And besides, all music related threads all ultimately distil down to the FACT that no-one trumps this-

ATAF.

Nicky Wire on 13:25 - Sep 11 with 8693 viewsderbyhoop

When discussing music, there's always many more opinions than facts. It depends on your taste.

I'm no fan of Mumfords who, IMO, produce music for people who buy their CDs from Sainsburys or Tescos. But the Manics aren't as good as they think they are.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nicky Wire on 13:28 - Sep 11 with 8687 viewsrobith

Love the Manics - Holy Bible and Everything Must Go two of my all time favourite albums.

They've really struggled for an identity since Ritchie disappeared (he didn't add much musically though - he often played with his guitar not plugged in). Good tracks now and then (Send Away The Tigers and the one of old Ritchie lyrics were decent) but they've done a lot of MOR dross too. But they get a pass for me for their early work. Didn't understand someone lumping them in with the Sterophonics and KOL, - manics sound quite different.

Interesting people mentioning the Maine Road Oasis support slot. They've said a lot about that basically when they were on stage they realised that they were never going to have the mass appeal that Oasis had and that this was about as good as it was going to get
Nicky Wire on 13:41 - Sep 11 with 8668 viewsjo_qpr63

Mumford always seemed a novelty act like The Darkness.
I don't mind the Manics,saw them live at knebworth supporting Oasis.
I will always put them in the same bracket as all britpop bands of the 90's. Which to me isn't a bad thing. Then again i was more a cheesy quaver then britpopper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024