Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sacked in the morning 22:40 - Oct 21 with 12025 viewssix_foot_two

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=138447%C3%A7

Good Championship manager but not cut out for the premiership.
sacked in the morning on 22:42 - Oct 21 with 8364 viewsN12Hoop

They were never ready for promotion. Sound familiar?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

sacked in the morning on 22:48 - Oct 21 with 8325 viewssix_foot_two

Reading their message board sky are saying he is meeting with Parish now.
sacked in the morning on 22:50 - Oct 21 with 8311 viewsTacticalR

I know a team that got beat 6-0 by Fulham.

Air hostess clique

sacked in the morning on 23:00 - Oct 21 with 8265 viewsHollowayRanger

thing is palace arent going survive are they?

so back next year in championship need a good championship promotion winning manager

hmmmmmmmmmmm ian holloway!

he took them up deserves to stay and if they go down no one better to bring them back up again

JUST LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE WITH WARNOCK instead brought in that idiot hughes

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

sacked in the morning on 23:02 - Oct 21 with 8254 viewsdaveB

looks like he's off, shame as I love Holloway but they are shit
sacked in the morning on 23:33 - Oct 21 with 8168 viewsPunteR

They're down. Holloway doesnt seem himself,looks like he doesnt enjoy it any more.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

sacked in the morning on 23:38 - Oct 21 with 8153 viewsdavman

I know that its not the done thing to admit it on here, but I'd have Olly back here in a heartbeat. Legend both as a player and a manager IMO...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

sacked in the morning on 23:40 - Oct 21 with 8142 viewsJigsore

Well he's staying at Palace for now and why not. At least they're not as shite as S'land

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

sacked in the morning on 23:42 - Oct 21 with 8125 viewsdavman

But, by the way, those posts over there are truly hilarious - so much more enjoyable when its that shower of sh1 te rather than us like it was last season.

Well done, Agent Olly...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

sacked in the morning on 23:43 - Oct 21 with 8122 viewsPunteR

sacked in the morning on 23:38 - Oct 21 by davman

I know that its not the done thing to admit it on here, but I'd have Olly back here in a heartbeat. Legend both as a player and a manager IMO...

Not as manager but in a coaching roll

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

sacked in the morning on 00:07 - Oct 22 with 8069 viewsTacticalR

OK, just read through that thread, and most of the Palace fans don't think they're going to stay up. They just want to avoid the team becoming an embarrassment.

Air hostess clique

sacked in the morning on 01:09 - Oct 22 with 8009 viewsbrewers_hoop

Don't take any pleasure in seeing Ollie struggling. I know he's a bit of a cartoon character but had the pleasure of working with him for a couple of years in a journalistic capacity and I have to say the bloke is a diamond.

Let's not forget he took them up against all the odds (admittedly after taking them out of the top two) and also did a great job with Plymouth and Blackpool - not to mention 'Woof Day'. Biggest mistake he made was signing all those players in the window like he was a contestant on Supermarket Sweep (much like Hughes). Swansea have shown the way to do it once promoted...keep the nucleus and add a few here and there.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 1:16]
sacked in the morning on 05:26 - Oct 22 with 7918 viewsLoft1979

sacked in the morning on 01:09 - Oct 22 by brewers_hoop

Don't take any pleasure in seeing Ollie struggling. I know he's a bit of a cartoon character but had the pleasure of working with him for a couple of years in a journalistic capacity and I have to say the bloke is a diamond.

Let's not forget he took them up against all the odds (admittedly after taking them out of the top two) and also did a great job with Plymouth and Blackpool - not to mention 'Woof Day'. Biggest mistake he made was signing all those players in the window like he was a contestant on Supermarket Sweep (much like Hughes). Swansea have shown the way to do it once promoted...keep the nucleus and add a few here and there.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 1:16]

Reality: CP are not and were really not that good last year. Ollie was huge in getting them promoted, and Zaha was their key player. If they get relegated they will be able to use the money to rebuild anyway.
sacked in the morning on 06:30 - Oct 22 with 7873 viewsparker64

They've hardly spent any money and with players like Gabbidon and Delaney around you've little chance. You've got to spend enough to give yourself a fighting chance. They'll be well placed to come back up.

On a separate note the finishing in the Premiership is in a different world to the Championship.
sacked in the morning on 07:54 - Oct 22 with 7762 viewsHayesender

I was watching the game last night and I couldn't think of one palace player i would have in our team.

What does their chairman expect, flipping champion's league?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

sacked in the morning on 08:51 - Oct 22 with 7670 viewsQPR_John

sacked in the morning on 23:38 - Oct 21 by davman

On what do you base your belief that Holloway would get us promoted and keep us in the Premier League.
sacked in the morning on 08:58 - Oct 22 with 7646 viewsHayesender

sacked in the morning on 08:51 - Oct 22 by QPR_John

On what do you base your belief that Holloway would get us promoted and keep us in the Premier League.

I'm still baffled by the "legend as a player" comment

Poll: Shamima Beghum

sacked in the morning on 09:00 - Oct 22 with 7639 viewsdolcelatte

sacked in the morning on 05:26 - Oct 22 by Loft1979

Reality: CP are not and were really not that good last year. Ollie was huge in getting them promoted, and Zaha was their key player. If they get relegated they will be able to use the money to rebuild anyway.

To be fair they were flying before Freedman left - They started struggling when IH started tinkering and got lucky at the end of the season when Watford self destructed.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

sacked in the morning on 09:04 - Oct 22 with 7626 viewssmegma

A bit harsh to say he's not cut out to be a PL manager. Get Mourinho in charge of the Palace squad and you'd get similar results.The squad isn't good enough due to the fact Palace cant spend £100m like a lot of PL clubs.The PL is ALL about money with talent coming in last as requirements needed to survive. There is no level playing field anymore in football and hasn't been for well over a decade. The days of a team getting promoted to the top tier, winning that league and then conquering Europe will never happen again. A promoted team finishing in the top 6 will never happen either unless that team spends about £60m.
sacked in the morning on 09:21 - Oct 22 with 7597 viewssimmo

I think he got so buggered by the trasnfer market that he eneded up just taking who he could actually get so that he could still make changes and choose from a squad rather than a team. That has ended up with him signing 14 players, probably only a few were legitimate first choices (Gayle, Mariappa maybe).

Now they have a bad atmosphere with players signed not even in the 25 and others like Bolasie, Gayle, O'Keefe etc struggling with the step up. I like Jedinak, he is a good leader and solid enough player but in a league where every mistake is punished, he has too many players that will make them and not enough quality going forwars to outscore teams, a la Blackpool.

Another team not learning from QPR's mistakes...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

sacked in the morning on 09:32 - Oct 22 with 7573 viewsPhildo

I love Olly but towards the end last night he had that look of not knowing what to do that he had at the end with us just after he loaned in about 57 players. He will be gone within the week I think.
sacked in the morning on 10:14 - Oct 22 with 7507 viewsTrom

I was at the game and Bolasie looked the standout player for Palace (first half anyway).
sacked in the morning on 10:58 - Oct 22 with 7474 views08olesen

What i could not understand was that they were playing crosses into gayle who is 5.6 odd and then when chamakh came on who is 6+ they didnt find him once. I know he is not the player he was at Bordeaux but he and Ronaldo have the CL record goal scoring streak. He clearly is a good player and they didnt use him last night, thats where i think Ollie got it wrong

Poll: Who will the other play off

sacked in the morning on 11:00 - Oct 22 with 7466 viewsTacticalR

sacked in the morning on 23:33 - Oct 21 by PunteR

They're down. Holloway doesnt seem himself,looks like he doesnt enjoy it any more.

He looked like that last season, even when they were doing well. I don't know if he feared that there was trouble coming if they got promoted.

Air hostess clique

sacked in the morning on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 7447 viewsAntti_Heinola

I love Ollie, but as everyone says, Palace were a bit lucky to go up and then they made similar mistakes to us, leaving all their buys until the last minute. As usual, Olly has about 8 strikers to choose from but started the season with a CB pairing of Delaney and Gabbidon. I mean, that was never going to be good enough. True, Palace haevn;t spent that much, but then neither did Norwich when they first went up, or Swansea. It is possible if you are ready and if you buy the right players. Olly's transfer dealings were a bit all over the place.

I like him a lot - I don't think he was as amazing for us as some have said - most half decent managers should have been able to get us out of League One given our budget at that time (low as it was, it was still far higher than most L1 clubs). however, at that time he was exactly what we needed to galvanise the club again.

I loved the fact that when he went to Blackpool he reinvented himself and his philosophy, abandoning his more cautious tendencies and freeing his side up - it worked really well and in the end Blackpool might have stayed up with a bit of luck.

but would I take him back? Even though I think our next manager needs to be a younger man than Redknapp, who can guide us through what is going to be a huge period of change (when isn't it?) at QPR, no, I would not take him. I just don't think he has the ability to go beyond the Championship, sadly. and suspect he won't be at Palace much longer. Someone will pick up a decent manager after he goes, mind... Would he fancy Middlesbrough?!

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024