Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defensive selection cost us today 15:10 - Dec 21 with 3237 viewsQPR_Nippon

OK, perhaps a bit simplistic - if we'd managed to put our chances away in the 1st half it might have been a different story. But I cannot understand why, if he was fit, we didn't start with Onuoha today. It's been said on here numerous times , but we have to play so deep when Hill and Dunne play - especially against pacy strikers - we end up giving ourselves a much harder task getting the ball forward into danger areas behind the opposition's defence and creating clear cut chances. Leicester were well organised 2nd half but we really were so easy to defend against.
Defensive selection cost us today on 15:20 - Dec 21 with 3198 viewsqprmeath

I agree with that
Defensive selection cost us today on 15:21 - Dec 21 with 3188 viewsedwardtheconfessor

in full agreement with u there.spot on

Walk with me through the universe..and along the way see how all of us are connected....feast the eyes of you soul on all love and abounds in all places at once seemingly endless..like your own existence..we are connected..

Defensive selection cost us today on 15:23 - Dec 21 with 3176 viewsJuzzie

We knew Leicester would be pacy and they were, why not have Onuoha?

I thought we kept them at bay most of the time but all it needed was that one moment and that's what happened and they took it.
Defensive selection cost us today on 15:41 - Dec 21 with 3129 viewsWatford_Ranger

I love Dunne and Hill but Onuoha simply must play when fit.
Defensive selection cost us today on 16:03 - Dec 21 with 3075 viewsrrrspricey

Said the same in yesterday's Onuoha thread. Our lack of pace at the back means we have to play a deep line causing way too much space in midfield.

Need to find a pacey young cb to partner Onuoha, make a bid for Jordan Rhodes in the Jan window and that should see us over the line.

Glass still half full
Defensive selection cost us today on 16:06 - Dec 21 with 3067 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yes, neither Hill or Dunne deserve to be dropped, but managers are paid to make the tough decisions and for the good of the team, Harry needs to make one now. One of them has to drop to the bench. For me, it would be Dunne, Hill is the leader and captain.

Bare bones.

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:44 - Dec 21 with 2980 viewsnewgolddream

Defensive selection cost us today on 15:41 - Dec 21 by Watford_Ranger

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:46 - Dec 21 with 2971 viewsHollowayRanger

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:03 - Dec 21 by rrrspricey

Said the same in yesterday's Onuoha thread. Our lack of pace at the back means we have to play a deep line causing way too much space in midfield.

Need to find a pacey young cb to partner Onuoha, make a bid for Jordan Rhodes in the Jan window and that should see us over the line.

Glass still half full

they are great defenders but it means 5 in midfield as one has to drop back pick up ball and start all our plays as hill dunne cant carry a ball forward ,this 5 also means austin is partner less

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:46 - Dec 21 with 2973 viewsQPR_Nippon

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:06 - Dec 21 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, neither Hill or Dunne deserve to be dropped, but managers are paid to make the tough decisions and for the good of the team, Harry needs to make one now. One of them has to drop to the bench. For me, it would be Dunne, Hill is the leader and captain.

Add to that Hill has been the better of the two recently. IMO.
Defensive selection cost us today on 16:48 - Dec 21 with 2967 viewsbosh67

The difference was that they put their one on target chance away and we missed all of ours. Fine lines between success and failure. They were very quick up front and were well organised. However, some days it just doesn't go your way, and today was one of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:50 - Dec 21 with 2960 viewsNov77

we don't have natural finishers, even charlie needs 2 or 3 good chances to get 1.
the rest have no composure in front of goal.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Defensive selection cost us today on 17:00 - Dec 21 with 2949 viewsQPR_Nippon

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:48 - Dec 21 by bosh67

The difference was that they put their one on target chance away and we missed all of ours. Fine lines between success and failure. They were very quick up front and were well organised. However, some days it just doesn't go your way, and today was one of them.

If the second half had followed the pattern of the first I might agree. But we never looked like scoring in the 2nd half other than from a penalty, which the ref wouldn't have given if we'd played til Boxing Day. Had plenty of possession but most of it seemed to be in our own half where Leicester were happy to let us have it.
Defensive selection cost us today on 17:28 - Dec 21 with 2907 viewsHollowayRanger

Defensive selection cost us today on 17:00 - Dec 21 by QPR_Nippon

If the second half had followed the pattern of the first I might agree. But we never looked like scoring in the 2nd half other than from a penalty, which the ref wouldn't have given if we'd played til Boxing Day. Had plenty of possession but most of it seemed to be in our own half where Leicester were happy to let us have it.

only had to look at our subs bench to see how weak we are attack wise

no striker
just hoilett the toilet and benny

7 subs two should be strikers and we aint got 1

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Defensive selection cost us today on 19:05 - Dec 21 with 2849 viewsdermyqpr

Why did Harry not throw Onuoha on for the last 10-15 mins and push Dunne or Hill up top.
Defensive selection cost us today on 13:00 - Dec 22 with 2708 viewsbaz_qpr

Defensive selection cost us today on 16:46 - Dec 21 by QPR_Nippon

Add to that Hill has been the better of the two recently. IMO.

I'd go the opposite way I'd keep Dunne, harsh on Hill but Dunne reads the game much better than Clint and organises the back line
Defensive selection cost us today on 13:06 - Dec 22 with 2696 viewsSpiritofGregory

Defensive selection cost us today on 13:00 - Dec 22 by baz_qpr

I'd go the opposite way I'd keep Dunne, harsh on Hill but Dunne reads the game much better than Clint and organises the back line

I would keep Dunne and drop Hill. Dunne swallows everything in the air. Onuoah can provide pace.
Defensive selection cost us today on 13:52 - Dec 22 with 2670 viewsTW_R

Defensive selection cost us today on 15:41 - Dec 21 by Watford_Ranger

Isn't that why he's not playing though - because he's not fit?

He got rushed back against Reading which cost us more in the long run. He'll be first pick at some point, but they just don't want to rush him back again if they can help it.
Defensive selection cost us today on 17:43 - Dec 22 with 2584 viewsthemodfather

again i think they wanted it more, chased harder and kept at it but if we'd scored those early chances, it's game over....
vardy turned well and finished with class.
Defensive selection cost us today on 18:54 - Dec 22 with 2553 viewsBAWHoops

Christmas period gives Arry an excuse to shuffle the pack. Neither Dunne or Hill have done anything wrong this season and don't deserve to be dropped.
One will make way v Forest I'm sure.

As for the striker moaning, we play best in a 451. All our strikers are injured bar Austin so we didn't really have the option to name 2 on the bench

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Defensive selection cost us today on 00:05 - Dec 23 with 2450 viewsRangersAreBack

Defensive selection cost us today on 18:54 - Dec 22 by BAWHoops

Christmas period gives Arry an excuse to shuffle the pack. Neither Dunne or Hill have done anything wrong this season and don't deserve to be dropped.
One will make way v Forest I'm sure.

As for the striker moaning, we play best in a 451. All our strikers are injured bar Austin so we didn't really have the option to name 2 on the bench

This match exposed some key weaknesses in the team.
(1) The lack of pace in defence means they must sit deep to avoid the space in behind being exposed. The downside is the forward(s) can be isolated.
(2) Though we have a host midfield options, none are natural goalscorers. If we are to persist with one up front (which is highly likely given Johnson's fitness record) then the midfield needs to pitch in with goals.
(3) Wingers (especially Hoilett and SWP) can't resist the option to cut inside and either shoot from distance or take on too many players. The Blackpool game showed what Austin is capable of when wingers get to the byline and provide quality service.

Whilst Dunne and Hill have performed reasonably well this season, changes could be made for tactical reasons (i.e. to introduce pace).

I see a few on here calling for Onouha but why not give Onyewu a chance?
Defensive selection cost us today on 09:57 - Dec 23 with 2412 viewssimmo

Defensive selection cost us today on 13:06 - Dec 22 by SpiritofGregory

I would keep Dunne and drop Hill. Dunne swallows everything in the air. Onuoah can provide pace.

I thought Onouha was awful? A rubbish player that shouldnt be in our team??

In reference to the OP, I would have started Nedum, IF he was fit for 90mins, but he might not be and with another few games close together he might want to make sure he comes back and doesnt aggrevate things again.

That being said I would have at least put him on with 20 to go, brings the back line 10 yards further up the pitch straight away.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Defensive selection cost us today on 10:47 - Dec 23 with 2381 viewsbaz_qpr

Defensive selection cost us today on 00:05 - Dec 23 by RangersAreBack

This match exposed some key weaknesses in the team.
(1) The lack of pace in defence means they must sit deep to avoid the space in behind being exposed. The downside is the forward(s) can be isolated.
(2) Though we have a host midfield options, none are natural goalscorers. If we are to persist with one up front (which is highly likely given Johnson's fitness record) then the midfield needs to pitch in with goals.
(3) Wingers (especially Hoilett and SWP) can't resist the option to cut inside and either shoot from distance or take on too many players. The Blackpool game showed what Austin is capable of when wingers get to the byline and provide quality service.

Whilst Dunne and Hill have performed reasonably well this season, changes could be made for tactical reasons (i.e. to introduce pace).

Probably because we know what Onouha can do, we know that everyone around him knows how he plays. Oneywu no one knows anything
Defensive selection cost us today on 10:51 - Dec 23 with 2378 viewsHunterhoop

Exactly, Baz.

In agreement with almost everyone for all the same reasons. Ned must start when fit.

As Simmo points out, what we don't know is whether he was fit so it's difficult to criticise 'Arry without knowing that. If he's not quite 100% then I can see why they didn't want to risk him. Against Blackpool, Hill was ill but played but had to come off at HT. So 'Arry's hand was forced. On Sat, it wasn't.

However, if Ned is fully fit for Forest he should start.
Defensive selection cost us today on 11:03 - Dec 23 with 2366 viewsdoogi55

I thought it was the fact that we created great chances and failed to convert them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024