Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Der Vaart linked 17:27 - Jun 10 with 3500 viewsBAWHoops

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-ready-battle-van

I'd have him all day long. Magical player.
Don't care about age, fitness blah blah blah. He's the reason you pay to go to football

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:32 - Jun 10 with 3468 viewsAntti_Heinola

great player, but didn't harry have a lot of trouble with him at spurs?

Bare bones.

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:37 - Jun 10 with 3412 viewsBklynRanger

'...looking to tie up his financial future in what is set to be the last big pay-day of his career.'

[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 17:38]
Van Der Vaart linked on 17:41 - Jun 10 with 3407 viewsBAWHoops

Spurs supporting mate loves him, says he's captain material

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:43 - Jun 10 with 3391 viewseghamranger

Great player and Arry would know him well. Would take over from nico. But on the negative is 31, unfit and didn't make Dutch squad and had marlon king type issues
Van Der Vaart linked on 17:48 - Jun 10 with 3357 viewsjamois

Based on all of the above he sounds like a perfect fit.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:55 - Jun 10 with 3306 viewsBklynRanger

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:41 - Jun 10 by BAWHoops

Spurs supporting mate loves him, says he's captain material

There are experienced players out there who could be really good for us, and V D V may well be one.

It's just that I'd love to try it the other way this time. By doing what TF says he wants to and building a team of quality young players that can stay up and actually get better together over the course of 2 or 3 seasons. And the most frustrating thing is it's quite possible to do that if there is the will.

Saying all that, I do know we haven't signed anyone yet etc etc. I'm just concerned that HR is going to be 100% focused on not going down during his final season or two, and even if he achieves that we'll still need another rebuild when he goes.
Van Der Vaart linked on 18:01 - Jun 10 with 3281 views08olesen

We should not be giving preferential treatment to anyone that we have been linked to who is over 28, regardless of how good they used to be. For all we know, he could be exactly the same as Park, and is just not capable of playing at the top level again.

Anyone agree that this is getting really dull. Every over 30 player who used to be good is getting linked with us and it makes our club look so bad. There was a quote from the Sun saying 'Ferdinand is considering QPR, who are ready to smash their wage bill to get the man utd man' Fark that, we would be doing him a favour, and there is no way we will be giving any of these players 80 grand.

I hate this mentality that we are willing to be farked over by every player who needs a contract. We need to hold strong all summer and simply only buy players who are under 27 that want to play here.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Van Der Vaart linked on 18:04 - Jun 10 with 3256 viewsTacticalR

Could attract an entourage of top WAGs to the club.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Van Der Vaart linked on 18:07 - Jun 10 with 3245 viewsbarbicanranger

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:55 - Jun 10 by BklynRanger

There are experienced players out there who could be really good for us, and V D V may well be one.

It's just that I'd love to try it the other way this time. By doing what TF says he wants to and building a team of quality young players that can stay up and actually get better together over the course of 2 or 3 seasons. And the most frustrating thing is it's quite possible to do that if there is the will.

Saying all that, I do know we haven't signed anyone yet etc etc. I'm just concerned that HR is going to be 100% focused on not going down during his final season or two, and even if he achieves that we'll still need another rebuild when he goes.

This is the problem with having a manager at Harry's point, even the way we achieved promotion from the championship was short-termist - if we hadn't have got promoted this season you couldn't have said - well it's a young side they will come back better next season - it's was like Dunne, Niko, Yossi, BAE all a year older / may move on the team would probably have required another rebuild over the summer, instead we're now rebuilding for the prem.

I think we do need some experience but we need to pick carefully this time and we need to mix that with young talented players from the Championship, etc. who want to push on and have room to develop so that we can provide some continuity to the side/club when be it Rio or VDV eventually retire - Bolton did this really when when they established themselves in the premier league with Djorkaef, Ivan Campo, JJ Okocha, etc. I think it's the right approach - just need to pick carefully and get the blend of experience and youth/potential right.
Van Der Vaart linked on 18:07 - Jun 10 with 3240 viewssimmo

Did he play under Harry before? YES
Is he looking for a move? YES

Get his name out there.

Press to Redknapp a few days later

Harry, any truth to the VDV talk?

HR: Oh, Rafa, had him at Spurs, super player, top quality, did a great job for us there. Made him captain. Don't know if he's available, we'll see, top player.

REPEAT TO FADE.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Van Der Vaart linked on 18:32 - Jun 10 with 3140 viewsTacticalR

Just been involved in a relegation battle at Hamburg.

Air hostess clique

Van Der Vaart linked on 19:19 - Jun 10 with 3007 viewswillis1980

Van Der Vaart linked on 18:32 - Jun 10 by TacticalR

Just been involved in a relegation battle at Hamburg.

How they didn't get relegated still annoys me, played 0-0 at home and 1-1 away from home. Stayed up on the away goal, as far as I'm concerned they drew both legs against lower league opposition and shouldnt have been allowed allowed to stay up. Don't blame him for wanting out of hsv though, by all accounts the dressing room was toxic.
Van Der Vaart linked on 20:00 - Jun 10 with 2886 viewskensalriser

Getting a bit silly all this wailing about players we're being 'linked' with. Who cares about media speculation? I'm only bothered with who we actually sign. And remind me, how many injury prone over the hill veterans have we actually signed since May 24th?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Van Der Vaart linked on 21:35 - Jun 10 with 2711 viewschris1969

Be amazed if we sign many before July 1st or the end of the World Cup.
Van Der Vaart linked on 21:46 - Jun 10 with 2671 viewsthemodfather

his mate VAN DER VALK is available too
Van Der Vaart linked on 23:00 - Jun 10 with 2518 viewsqueensparker

A million lowly-paid football "journalists" are currently being asked to find stories by their editors every single day, and right now we're God's gift to those that didn't make the plane to Rio.

Hit wikipedia, find a player out of favour with some link to Harry, write total bollocks based on f__k all, publish, get traffic online, rinse, repeat.

The only place I'd give any credibliity in the coming months is Dave McIntyre's site tbh, he's a) well connected, and b) has too much pride to play this game
Van Der Vaart linked on 23:04 - Jun 10 with 2510 viewsbosh67

Same bloke, right?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Van Der Vaart linked on 23:05 - Jun 10 with 2506 viewsMrSheen

Hope it's Sylvie, not Rafa.
Van Der Vaart linked on 02:34 - Jun 11 with 2397 viewsSonofNorfolt

HSV were dreadful last season, and were very fortunate to survive, especially at Furth in the second leg.
VDV was rarely the player we remember from previous seasons.

No.
Van Der Vaart linked on 04:55 - Jun 11 with 2363 viewsRBlock

I'd snap the hand off for Rafa. Him in the hole behind Austin could be class. Switch in Niko/Adel/Morrison, which ever we end up keeping. Matty, Junior and Traore +1 more down the wings. Solid attacking force if we get back up for Charlie.
Van Der Vaart linked on 05:14 - Jun 11 with 2354 viewsFredManRave

I'll wait to hear what "OnlyHearForTheVanDerVaart" has got to say about him.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Van Der Vaart linked on 11:23 - Jun 11 with 2145 viewsGermanranger

Van Der Vaart linked on 05:14 - Jun 11 by FredManRave

I'll wait to hear what "OnlyHearForTheVanDerVaart" has got to say about him.

Have anyone followed vdVaarts season in Hamburg? He was only a average player with one or two freekicks to score with. Not the player we should looking for.
Van Der Vaart linked on 12:22 - Jun 11 with 2049 viewsmorgantwin

Van Der Vaart linked on 11:23 - Jun 11 by Germanranger

Have anyone followed vdVaarts season in Hamburg? He was only a average player with one or two freekicks to score with. Not the player we should looking for.

last season he played four times for his country and scored 6 goals that dosnt sound like a player whos over the hill to me

I SAY SNAP HIM UP VERY FAST BEFORE MAN UTD GET INVOLVED

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Van Der Vaart linked on 12:31 - Jun 11 with 2041 viewsTacticalR

In 'Harry's Games', John Crace's explanation of why Spurs season fell away in 2011/12 centres on Redknapp's use of van der Vaart (failure to rotate):

'In the previous season, van der Vaart had played brilliantly before Christmas, creating havoc in opposition defences and seemingly scoring at will, but in February, March and April he had noticeably faded and had become far less effective. It’s something all the fans had noticed, so it can’t have escaped the eyes of Redknapp and his coaching team.

Exactly the same thing had happened to van der Vaart in this season, and yet, if Redknapp had noticed, he did nothing about it as the Dutchman was virtually ever-present in the first team. More than that, the whole team was set up for van der Vaart to play a roving role between the midfield and the lone striker, Adebayor, and when van der Vaart was unable to fulfil that role effectively the formation came unstuck. Just as Redknapp had one Team A, so he had no Plan B. It was as if he had a single, idealized view — a platonic form — of how he wanted the team to play and was unable to react pragmatically when circumstances prevented him.'

Air hostess clique

Van Der Vaart linked on 13:22 - Jun 11 with 1971 viewsderbyhoop

Van Der Vaart linked on 17:37 - Jun 10 by BklynRanger

'...looking to tie up his financial future in what is set to be the last big pay-day of his career.'

[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 17:38]

Saw that as well.

VDV should come with big warning bells and red flags - if that's his primary motivation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024