Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 point from the play offs. 00:12 - Oct 19 with 3922 viewsconnell10

Just saying like!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

1 point from the play offs. on 00:13 - Oct 19 with 2898 viewsFredManRave

EE-II-EE-II-EE-II-O....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

1 point from the play offs. on 00:36 - Oct 19 with 2871 viewsbosh67

Does anyone have any more incriminating video of our manager? 7 out of 9 points. Embarrassment and humiliation seems to have done JFH a world of good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

1 point from the play offs. on 01:44 - Oct 19 with 2814 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Call me an optimist but i'm reserving a table at The Torch.......
1 point from the play offs. on 02:31 - Oct 19 with 2782 viewstimcocking

Unbeaten in 5...
1 point from the play offs. on 02:38 - Oct 19 with 2776 viewsFredManRave

1 point from the play offs. on 02:31 - Oct 19 by timcocking

Unbeaten in 5...

I'm looking forward to the joy of 6...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

1 point from the play offs. on 12:38 - Oct 19 with 2535 viewsbrydesantis

Great result last night! Playoffs in touching distance again, which is pretty remarkable considering the run of matches a month ago
1 point from the play offs. on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 2524 viewsJuzzie

And the moment we get a few iffy results it'll all be doom and gloom and 'relegation battle' 'ODH out' etc etc.

Let's wait til May :)
1 point from the play offs. on 12:43 - Oct 19 with 2511 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tough run coming up now. We'll get an unspectacular six or seven points from the next six and knives will be out again.

19 points from 13 is a better return than I expected and slowly improving. Keep it up Jim.
Login to get fewer ads

1 point from the play offs. on 13:04 - Oct 19 with 2458 viewsPinnerPaul

1 point from the play offs. on 12:38 - Oct 19 by brydesantis

Great result last night! Playoffs in touching distance again, which is pretty remarkable considering the run of matches a month ago

Not really, its a 46 game season, very few clubs are very bad or very good for 46 games.
1 point from the play offs. on 14:15 - Oct 19 with 2394 viewsrobith

I see it now, we get promoted and sell Polter to Real Madrid based on his #content value - man would be a meme factory in the Prem
1 point from the play offs. on 14:29 - Oct 19 with 2366 viewsEsox_Lucius

1 point from the play offs. on 12:43 - Oct 19 by Watford_Ranger

Tough run coming up now. We'll get an unspectacular six or seven points from the next six and knives will be out again.

19 points from 13 is a better return than I expected and slowly improving. Keep it up Jim.

Borrowed this from another forum, but it rings true.
"Funny how when we're close to the play-offs early in the season, it means sweet FA, but when we're lower mid-table, it's time to sack the manager.
You've got to love football fans."
It's a strange agenda when you want your supposedly beloved team to lose, just so you can go into paroxysms when the manager is sacked.

The grass is always greener.

1 point from the play offs. on 15:58 - Oct 19 with 2280 viewskingsburyR

Gawd knows how.

We are poor and will not threaten more than mid-table!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

1 point from the play offs. on 17:15 - Oct 19 with 2194 viewsNorthernr

1 point from the play offs. on 14:29 - Oct 19 by Esox_Lucius

Borrowed this from another forum, but it rings true.
"Funny how when we're close to the play-offs early in the season, it means sweet FA, but when we're lower mid-table, it's time to sack the manager.
You've got to love football fans."
It's a strange agenda when you want your supposedly beloved team to lose, just so you can go into paroxysms when the manager is sacked.

Exactly my thoughts. There's a guy on Twitter who I blocked in the end because he was sending me bile on a weekly basis, he then sent out a few Tweets branding LFW the "student union activists" and saying blocking him meant that his "message was getting through".
Did a bit of research one afternoon for an AKUTR's piece which I thought better of submitting and not including his responses and replies (of which there were thousands) he'd posted a positive comment about QPR on the last day of September last year and started 139 separate conversations since, all of them negative or slagging QPR off. Why would you?

Honestly I think the problem is people don't like to admit they're wrong - none of us do. So you end up in this weird place where people have been coating the manager or the DOF for months on end don't quite enjoy it as much as they should when the team has a few good results. Yet another nasty product of social media, internet etc because 15 years ago nobody other than your mates down the pub would know what you thought of the manager.

The relish that greets defeats on here perplexes me.

End of the day, it's a 46 game season and we're a midtable side. Let's try not to get overly excited and sack/knight people when it goes reasonably good or reasonably bad for a few games in a row.

This post has been edited by an administrator
1 point from the play offs. on 17:40 - Oct 19 with 2159 viewsJAPRANGERS

1 point from the play offs. on 17:15 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Exactly my thoughts. There's a guy on Twitter who I blocked in the end because he was sending me bile on a weekly basis, he then sent out a few Tweets branding LFW the "student union activists" and saying blocking him meant that his "message was getting through".
Did a bit of research one afternoon for an AKUTR's piece which I thought better of submitting and not including his responses and replies (of which there were thousands) he'd posted a positive comment about QPR on the last day of September last year and started 139 separate conversations since, all of them negative or slagging QPR off. Why would you?

Honestly I think the problem is people don't like to admit they're wrong - none of us do. So you end up in this weird place where people have been coating the manager or the DOF for months on end don't quite enjoy it as much as they should when the team has a few good results. Yet another nasty product of social media, internet etc because 15 years ago nobody other than your mates down the pub would know what you thought of the manager.

End of the day, it's a 46 game season and we're a midtable side. Let's try not to get overly excited and sack/knight people when it goes reasonably good or reasonably bad for a few games in a row.

The voice of wisdom.
1 point from the play offs. on 17:43 - Oct 19 with 2146 viewsdaveB

1 point from the play offs. on 17:15 - Oct 19 by Northernr

might be the same bloke but one on twitter last night rather than enjoy the win was slating Hasselbaik for not bringing on Woseleck and for bringing on Gladwin. A few on here were hoping we'd lose last night to bring about a change of manager.

I don't get that mentality really, Hasselbaink is far from perfect but not sure what we have to lose by just letting him have a full season and if we're crap then change it in the summer
1 point from the play offs. on 20:57 - Oct 19 with 2016 viewsHooparoo

Will be interesting to see what happens in January if we are well placed. Will TF get a hard on and get his cheque book out again?

Personally, although its far from perfect I think we do seem to be progressing (slowly)
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 20:59]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

1 point from the play offs. on 22:44 - Oct 19 with 1862 viewsbosh67

1 point from the play offs. on 20:57 - Oct 19 by Hooparoo

Will be interesting to see what happens in January if we are well placed. Will TF get a hard on and get his cheque book out again?

Personally, although its far from perfect I think we do seem to be progressing (slowly)
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 20:59]

I don't think TF will bring out the cheque book. Those days are over. I think even he knows we have to do it with a squad made up of younger more affordable players. Perhaps the odd loan here and there but I can't imagine much else.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

1 point from the play offs. on 00:18 - Oct 20 with 1804 viewsDieByYourSide

2 points off now, JFH out

Poll: And it's hi ho

1 point from the play offs. on 00:34 - Oct 20 with 1792 viewsTacticalR

This could really upset my whole calm mid-table zen.

Air hostess clique

1 point from the play offs. on 08:28 - Oct 20 with 1692 viewskropotkin41

Isn't Les' quite reasonable line that it can take 18 months for a team to start working together well? It seems to me that that is a good way to look at our present situation, and that if we can become in some measure competitive and entertaining over the course of this season with a hint of maybe something more ambitious to come next season, then really we can't complain - that would be, even if we weren't to end up getting promoted, a level of success for Hasselbaink, I think.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

1 point from the play offs. on 08:59 - Oct 20 with 1642 viewsNorthernr

1 point from the play offs. on 17:43 - Oct 19 by daveB

might be the same bloke but one on twitter last night rather than enjoy the win was slating Hasselbaik for not bringing on Woseleck and for bringing on Gladwin. A few on here were hoping we'd lose last night to bring about a change of manager.

I don't get that mentality really, Hasselbaink is far from perfect but not sure what we have to lose by just letting him have a full season and if we're crap then change it in the summer

I do enjoy the fact that people are allowed to absolutely slate the team, the manager, the DOF, me, this website, the podcast, the programme column etc as often as they like, copying me in every time, for weeks on end but if I block them, or worse still snap and call them a cnt it's me who "doesn't want to engage in debate".

As I get alerts every time somebody Tweets @loftforwords it's basically like having address book contacts who send you a whatsapp message everyday talking about "Les' black agenda" or how "fcking sht" QPR are or how me making a bit of extra money to pay the bills by running a QPR website makes me an "attention seeker".

If somebody was doing that what would you do? Block the fcking number obviously.
1 point from the play offs. on 09:24 - Oct 20 with 1613 viewsconnell10

1 point from the play offs. on 08:59 - Oct 20 by Northernr

I do enjoy the fact that people are allowed to absolutely slate the team, the manager, the DOF, me, this website, the podcast, the programme column etc as often as they like, copying me in every time, for weeks on end but if I block them, or worse still snap and call them a cnt it's me who "doesn't want to engage in debate".

As I get alerts every time somebody Tweets @loftforwords it's basically like having address book contacts who send you a whatsapp message everyday talking about "Les' black agenda" or how "fcking sht" QPR are or how me making a bit of extra money to pay the bills by running a QPR website makes me an "attention seeker".

If somebody was doing that what would you do? Block the fcking number obviously.

Do what i i do mate , dont go on twetter !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

1 point from the play offs. on 09:24 - Oct 20 with 1611 viewsFDC

1 point from the play offs. on 08:59 - Oct 20 by Northernr

I think that would honestly give me a nervous breakdown.
1 point from the play offs. on 09:30 - Oct 20 with 1608 viewsNorthernr

1 point from the play offs. on 09:24 - Oct 20 by connell10

Do what i i do mate , dont go on twetter !

Sadly the vast majority of the clicks for the articles on here are redirects from Twitter now so commercially we've got to do it.
1 point from the play offs. on 09:31 - Oct 20 with 1605 viewsNorthernr

1 point from the play offs. on 09:24 - Oct 20 by FDC

I think that would honestly give me a nervous breakdown.

I had one after Fulham, called one of the known WUM accounts a cnt after he accused me of stealing a photograph from LFW's own photographer

As bites go it was a big one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024