Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report 16:54 - Feb 7 with 4410 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report 7th Feb 2021 16:52
QPR won at Loftus Road for the first time in seven games dating back to November, beating Blackburn Rovers 1-0 in a hard fought encounter on Saturday. 14

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:07 - Feb 7 with 3410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"It’s very rare that you come upon a young man like Seny. Who can save, who can catch, who can throw, who can punch and who can punch with power. Those five tools, you don’t see that very often. Most of the youngsters in the league we have an interest in have one or two tools and we’re hoping to develop and extra one. Mrs Dieng, your son has five."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:20 - Feb 7 with 3333 viewsBenny_the_Ball

"Like eating your own shoe because you’ve been lost in the mountains for too long."

Describes exactly how I feel whenever this fixture rolls up. Winning the match ugly feels a bit like finding a chocolate bar inside said shoe.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:39 - Feb 7 with 3231 viewsrsonist

Last season Queens Park Rangers beat Blackburn Rovers 4-2 at Loftus Road. The sun shone, the goals flowed, the crowd rejoiced, the noise reverberated, and all seemed right in London W12. Little did we know what lay around the corner. That feels like a lifetime ago, a fictitious match from a different world, a story made up to drift our children off to sleep. Only Yoann Barbet, Geoff Cameron and Ilias Chair remain from the starting eleven that day, and all four Rangers goalscorers now play for somebody else. Loftus Road has stood steadfastly empty for a calendar year.

Only now do I remember that was the match that created that one, perfect, beautiful photo of Manning Bright Eze and Wells celebrating together that is too painful to even think about let alone repost here :(
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:41 - Feb 7 with 3217 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:39 - Feb 7 by rsonist

Last season Queens Park Rangers beat Blackburn Rovers 4-2 at Loftus Road. The sun shone, the goals flowed, the crowd rejoiced, the noise reverberated, and all seemed right in London W12. Little did we know what lay around the corner. That feels like a lifetime ago, a fictitious match from a different world, a story made up to drift our children off to sleep. Only Yoann Barbet, Geoff Cameron and Ilias Chair remain from the starting eleven that day, and all four Rangers goalscorers now play for somebody else. Loftus Road has stood steadfastly empty for a calendar year.

Only now do I remember that was the match that created that one, perfect, beautiful photo of Manning Bright Eze and Wells celebrating together that is too painful to even think about let alone repost here :(

Can't bear to take it off my iphone background either.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:08 - Feb 7 with 3079 viewsrsonist

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:41 - Feb 7 by Northernr

Can't bear to take it off my iphone background either.

Good God man how can you stand it.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:09 - Feb 7 with 3074 viewsNoelmc

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 17:07 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"It’s very rare that you come upon a young man like Seny. Who can save, who can catch, who can throw, who can punch and who can punch with power. Those five tools, you don’t see that very often. Most of the youngsters in the league we have an interest in have one or two tools and we’re hoping to develop and extra one. Mrs Dieng, your son has five."

I’d argue Six. Comfortable in dealing with back passes with both feet. The importance of this in the modern game just demonstrated by the second & third Citeh goals against the Scousers.

Thanks Clive. Great report.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:11 - Feb 7 with 3063 viewsNoelmc

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:09 - Feb 7 by Noelmc

I’d argue Six. Comfortable in dealing with back passes with both feet. The importance of this in the modern game just demonstrated by the second & third Citeh goals against the Scousers.

After the fourth goal Klopp may be on the phone to Warbs!
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:15 - Feb 7 with 3047 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:11 - Feb 7 by Noelmc

After the fourth goal Klopp may be on the phone to Warbs!

Did you think of Alisson for the fourth goal, Noel?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 18:18]

Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:20 - Feb 7 with 3016 viewsNoelmc

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:15 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Did you think of Alisson for the fourth goal, Noel?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 18:18]

Certainly at fault for second and third. Fourth was hit with power but very close to him him so possibly stoppable too. He seemed to duck down rather than stand tall.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:21 - Feb 7 with 3007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:20 - Feb 7 by Noelmc

Certainly at fault for second and third. Fourth was hit with power but very close to him him so possibly stoppable too. He seemed to duck down rather than stand tall.

I agree - stand tall as he should and the shot would have hit him. Couple of my mates disagree.

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:24 - Feb 7 with 2994 viewsdenhamhoop2

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:21 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree - stand tall as he should and the shot would have hit him. Couple of my mates disagree.

Totally agree looks to me like he was mentally shot anything on target was a problem think
Joe Hart at Euro 16
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:46 - Feb 7 with 2889 viewsbakerloo8

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:24 - Feb 7 by denhamhoop2

Totally agree looks to me like he was mentally shot anything on target was a problem think
Joe Hart at Euro 16

I think Alisson brain fried after his first pass out blunder that then led to the first goal, surprised an experienced player like Milner or whoever didnt have a word with him after the 2nd goal to calm him down because he certainly went to pieces after that.
weird for sure
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:49 - Feb 7 with 2881 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 18:21 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

That's exactly what went through my mind. The keeper appears to split as he prepares for the shot which results in him standing lower. Stand tall and he saves it. With that being said, in real time it all happens in a flash. Foden shifts and strikes the ball so quickly that Alisson has little time to adjust. Slow-motion replays always make it look worse.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:11 - Feb 7 with 2799 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was thinking the same, he’s excellent with his feet. He’s a marvel really.

Thanks Clive.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:27 - Feb 7 with 2745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But that wrecks the Moneyball quote, Noel!

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:29 - Feb 7 with 2729 viewsdaveB

the early half time thing I thought he gave a foul on Austin but it wasn't really clear
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:31 - Feb 7 with 2722 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:29 - Feb 7 by daveB

the early half time thing I thought he gave a foul on Austin but it wasn't really clear

I think so too. But wasn't sure.

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:49 - Feb 7 with 2666 viewsCamberleyR

If Seny carries on like he has, I'd be looking to renegotiate his deal in the summer, even though he's signed to 2024. If we did that, it would be the best signing of the close season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 2403 viewsdanehoop

I'd agree, I think you can tell that he is really enjoying himself at the moment and clearly has responded well to the club putting their faith in him and sticking with him.

Never knowingly understood

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 00:06 - Feb 8 with 2083 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 21:19 - Feb 7 by danehoop

I'd agree, I think you can tell that he is really enjoying himself at the moment and clearly has responded well to the club putting their faith in him and sticking with him.

Thanks Clive

I think at some stage if we really do want to progress and head back to the Premier League we are going to have to commit to keeping our best players, add more quality and go for it.

There is a thread on our team over the past two or three seasons
As you can see this would be very close to being good enough to go up

Daydreaming by dannyblue 6 Feb 2021 20:02
Combined team of the last two seasons. Imagine the movement, football and goals in this:

--------------Dieng
----Dickie Cameron Barbet
BOS Johanssen Carroll Manning
------------Eze Chair
--------------Wells

Bench: Austin Hugill Adomah Willock Ball Kakay Lumley

See example below
................Dieng...........
Furlong..Dickie..Barbet..Manning
...........Luongo....Freeman..........
BOS..............Eze.......Chair
...................Austin................
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 00:58 - Feb 8 with 2033 viewsW7Ranger

Someone mentioned on here last night and I think it was touched upon in Clive's report, that we don't really win games like this under Warbs. I agree to an extent, but yesterday's performance was very much like the Leeds game last year, we really dug in to win that one ugly, and the ground was rocking.

I can imagine it would've been very similar to that yesterday. Well done Rangers.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 01:09 - Feb 8 with 2027 viewsNorthernr

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 00:58 - Feb 8 by W7Ranger

Someone mentioned on here last night and I think it was touched upon in Clive's report, that we don't really win games like this under Warbs. I agree to an extent, but yesterday's performance was very much like the Leeds game last year, we really dug in to win that one ugly, and the ground was rocking.

I can imagine it would've been very similar to that yesterday. Well done Rangers.

It’s a good shout actually, Bam Bam missed a load of chances, and a penalty. But I’ve watched that Leeds game back in lockdown and we played really fcking well, Eze in particular.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 10:20 - Feb 8 with 1669 viewsgazza1

Ah Leeds at lunchtime, what a game, best of the season........we dug deep that day and got a bit of luck.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 11:23 - Feb 8 with 1575 viewsW7Ranger

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 10:20 - Feb 8 by gazza1

Ah Leeds at lunchtime, what a game, best of the season........we dug deep that day and got a bit of luck.

Yeah we got a bit of luck with the goal - it obviously wasn't deliberate, but under the new rules it should've been ruled out if it was seen by the officials. Other than that, It was a good, hard, battling performance.

Think it was Masterson's first full game and he was (bar one error that let Bamford through) excellent.

Overall it was a cracking game. One of my fav's from last season. Closely followed by Stoke and Cardiff.
Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 12:24 - Feb 8 with 1500 viewsPinnerPaul

Barbet on the spot as QPR learn to win ugly - Report on 19:31 - Feb 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I think so too. But wasn't sure.

That makes 3 of us!

Messy whatever you do, get Blackburn to put the ball down for a free kick, which the GK (like they all do) would take an age to take and you're about a minute over and you have to blow immediately he kicks it, so what's the point?

Do what he DID and we're looking for reasons he blew 'early'.

Had this discussion on RefChat and a thought was that the 'TV clock' isn't the Ref's watch, don't forget, so don't know if that makes any difference - even I'm not sad enough to check the TV clock starts bang on time!

Clive - quick 'spell check' - you seem to say the game was and wasn't 'watchable' about a paragraph apart - is that just me being dense?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 13:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024