Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players wages 11:35 - Jun 29 with 6692 viewsstantheman10

If you want to know what the R's players were earning last season visit this website
https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/
The total players wage bill for the Premier League last season was £1.5 billion!
Players wages on 11:39 - Jun 29 with 4544 viewsslmrstid

I can't believe this is really accurate? Niko Hamalainen on £450,000 per year? Really? And where would they even get this info from anyway? People's salaries are meant to be confidential, I can't believe they have accurate data for the entire world of football on this.

Not to try and shoot you down, but I am very cynical that this bears any sort of resemblance to reality!

Even the idea of Charlie Owens on a £90k a year salary seems bonkers. Or Osman Kakay on £180,000pa!
Players wages on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 4519 viewsdmm

There are a number of websites claiming to know the wages of football players but we have to question their accuracy. Where do they get these figures and how can they verify their information?

Who would want their wages made public?
Players wages on 11:46 - Jun 29 with 4492 viewssimmo

This is fake. All lists like this are fake. You can't have a publicly available list of specific salaries for players.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players wages on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 4487 viewsstantheman10

Players wages on 11:39 - Jun 29 by slmrstid

I can't believe this is really accurate? Niko Hamalainen on £450,000 per year? Really? And where would they even get this info from anyway? People's salaries are meant to be confidential, I can't believe they have accurate data for the entire world of football on this.

Not to try and shoot you down, but I am very cynical that this bears any sort of resemblance to reality!

Even the idea of Charlie Owens on a £90k a year salary seems bonkers. Or Osman Kakay on £180,000pa!

I don't know if its reliable but have you looked on the website? There are wage figures going back to 2013-14 season
Players wages on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 4475 viewsstantheman10

Players wages on 11:46 - Jun 29 by simmo

This is fake. All lists like this are fake. You can't have a publicly available list of specific salaries for players.

I'd be interested to know how you know it's definitely fake and all other lists like this are fake?
Players wages on 11:53 - Jun 29 with 4448 viewsDavieQPR

There are so many different bonuses in players contract it would be impossible to know unless you are the taxman. All they can do is look at the total wage bill and have a reasonable guess.
Players wages on 11:56 - Jun 29 with 4439 viewsdm97

The site implies we were covering all 35k/week of Hendrick's wages (and he's still here this season apparently) - dont need to be ITK to work out Oil-rich Geordies probably werent demanding any wedge for him to bomb him out given he wasnt even in their 25-man squad.

Oh and that's without the caveat that it's illegal for an employer to disclose your annual salary*...Otherwise sure it's valid

*Unless you are, in fact, HMRC in disguise...
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 11:57]
Players wages on 12:22 - Jun 29 with 4304 viewsslmrstid

Players wages on 11:47 - Jun 29 by stantheman10

I don't know if its reliable but have you looked on the website? There are wage figures going back to 2013-14 season

Yeah I didn't want to disparage you - sorry - I just look at it a bit incredulously and suspect there is a lot of guesswork/making up of figures. It was also reported a month or so ago we actually got Hendrick for free so didn't cost us anything.

I wonder how closely lists like these resemble the Football Manager database, which is also made up although I do see some people thinking that's real as well...
Login to get fewer ads

Players wages on 12:31 - Jun 29 with 4250 viewskensalriser

If it's information not in the public domain then it's guesswork.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players wages on 12:38 - Jun 29 with 4202 viewsbosh67

Looks like someone has put their finger in the air here and guessed.

Also although the loan players were on their weekly fees our contributions to those wages were very low, so on Hendricks we would have probably contributed 5K or there about at most. Same for Gray.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players wages on 12:42 - Jun 29 with 4184 viewsNorthernr

Hendrick was only here because Newcastle said we could have him for nothing at the last minute, Jamie Reuben connection. The idea that we were paying him £35k a week is as much nonsense as the idea that he's got another year with us.

Sht like this is so tiresome.
Players wages on 12:53 - Jun 29 with 4106 viewsstantheman10

Players wages on 12:42 - Jun 29 by Northernr

Hendrick was only here because Newcastle said we could have him for nothing at the last minute, Jamie Reuben connection. The idea that we were paying him £35k a week is as much nonsense as the idea that he's got another year with us.

Sht like this is so tiresome.

If it's so tiresome don't bother reading the post!
Players wages on 13:01 - Jun 29 with 4063 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 12:53 - Jun 29 by stantheman10

If it's so tiresome don't bother reading the post!

I moderate the board. Reading the posts is kind of part of the gig.
Players wages on 13:13 - Jun 29 with 3988 viewsNorthernr

I mean let's have a look at what they have us down for in 2019/20.

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/2019-2020/

Some issues here immediately. Seny Dieng is being paid £0 apparently. Jack Clarke, a player Spurs bought for £10m, is on £5k a week, while Josh Scowen, who we got free from Barnsley, is on twice that.

More fundamentally though, it says our wage bill total for that season was £11.6m which, frankly, would have been brilliant. As ever, the answer lies in the club's actual accounts, which show that the wage bill for that season was actually £9m higher - £20m.

Players wages on 14:01 - Jun 29 with 3801 viewsWokingR

Players wages on 13:01 - Jun 29 by Northernr

I moderate the board. Reading the posts is kind of part of the gig.

Yeah, but apart from that ?
Players wages on 14:04 - Jun 29 with 3785 viewssimmo

Players wages on 11:50 - Jun 29 by stantheman10

I'd be interested to know how you know it's definitely fake and all other lists like this are fake?

Because of actual figures from our accounts, data protection and the fact that unless the company themselves have published a list of individual salaries - it's just conjecture.

Companies don't just have lists of peoples salaries in the public domain.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players wages on 14:11 - Jun 29 with 3727 viewsBAWHoops

Also not sure Ilias Chair signed a post Eze 5 year contract on £6k a week!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Players wages on 14:17 - Jun 29 with 3700 viewsMyke

Players wages on 14:11 - Jun 29 by BAWHoops

Also not sure Ilias Chair signed a post Eze 5 year contract on £6k a week!

Questions I would ask the OP or anyone - why would you want to know what somebody else earned? Would you like everyone to know what you earned?
Everybody tries to earn as much as possible - good luck to them
Players wages on 14:51 - Jun 29 with 3611 viewsJuzzie

Players wages on 14:17 - Jun 29 by Myke

Questions I would ask the OP or anyone - why would you want to know what somebody else earned? Would you like everyone to know what you earned?

because it gives people the leverage to shout & scream at players (at the game, at the TV or online) because they get paid £xxxxx so they fking well should bloody well have saved that shot/put the tackle in/blocked the shot/made the pass/scored the goal*

*delete as applicable.
Players wages on 15:04 - Jun 29 with 3549 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 14:17 - Jun 29 by Myke

Well in our case it would help us know where we are relative to the rest of the division, whether we're under or over achieving, and how much budget space there's likely to be to strengthen.

You get to hear what some players are on sometimes. But a definitive list is impossible under employment law and stuff like that.

I do think football should be forced to be more open about stuff like this. I think it's a joke that they have to disclose the agent fee on transfers but not the transfer fee. The BBC has to publish its salaries but I guess that's different to a private company, tax payer funded etc.

When I say 'tiresome' I say it because people will just take this stuff as fact and run with it. Absolutely nailed on you'll see people bashing Ferdinand/Nico with "HAMAILAINEN'S ON £8K A WEEK" next season now, when I'd be absolutely astonished if that's anywhere close to the truth.
Players wages on 15:27 - Jun 29 with 3442 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players wages on 15:04 - Jun 29 by Northernr

Well in our case it would help us know where we are relative to the rest of the division, whether we're under or over achieving, and how much budget space there's likely to be to strengthen.

You get to hear what some players are on sometimes. But a definitive list is impossible under employment law and stuff like that.

I do think football should be forced to be more open about stuff like this. I think it's a joke that they have to disclose the agent fee on transfers but not the transfer fee. The BBC has to publish its salaries but I guess that's different to a private company, tax payer funded etc.

When I say 'tiresome' I say it because people will just take this stuff as fact and run with it. Absolutely nailed on you'll see people bashing Ferdinand/Nico with "HAMAILAINEN'S ON £8K A WEEK" next season now, when I'd be absolutely astonished if that's anywhere close to the truth.

his entire contract may be worth £450k. that's probably not far off.

Bare bones.

Players wages on 15:28 - Jun 29 with 3440 viewsLythamR

whatever we were paying the players in the first half of the season wasnt enough, what we paid them for the 2nd half was too much
Players wages on 16:08 - Jun 29 with 3327 viewsslmrstid

Players wages on 15:27 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

his entire contract may be worth £450k. that's probably not far off.

Well he signed a 4 year contract, so lets say the £450k is his total package, that would give a weekly salary of just over £2,150.

Which for his squad position and the level we play at, I agree is probably more reasonable and likely to be the truth, than £450,000 per annum on that website is.

Still...over £100k per annum to be a bit-part player. Not a bad gig, eh?
Players wages on 16:11 - Jun 29 with 3308 viewskensalriser

So not even good guesswork, then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players wages on 16:15 - Jun 29 with 3304 viewsaston_hoop

These lists are usually based on whatever the QPR person has guessed someone might be earning on Football Manager right?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024