Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pulling power 11:29 - Jul 21 with 1797 viewsdmm

No, not my irresistible appeal to women but QPR's increasing attraction to young players. It's been mentioned elsewhere on here but I think worth noting again after recent news that Charlton Athletic youngster Kai Garande is training with us this week. He's another 'highly thought of' youngster who wants to come to us and join the likes of Alfie Lloyd, Joe Walsh and Sinclair Armstrong.

And of course players a few years older such as Sam Field, Andre Dozzell and Jimmy Dunne, to name but a few, have also chosen QPR.

Our growing reputation as a club that can develop younger players is really beginning to have an impact. The years ahead are holding great promise now and I look forward to seeing such players come through the system and establish themselves. A few, like Eze, may move on to bigger clubs but we know that's the club's business model now, and I'd rather live with that than repeat the failings of the past 25 years.
Pulling power on 11:34 - Jul 21 with 1764 viewsDavieQPR

Also playing a particular type of football. Nobody learns anything from longball.
Pulling power on 11:41 - Jul 21 with 1748 views80s_Boy

"A few, like Eze, may move on to bigger clubs but we know that's the club's business model now, and I'd rather live with that than repeat the failings of the past 25 years."

It's been the club's MO for its entire history except for 2 periods of madness in 1996-1997 and 2009 - 2015.

Always good to see us signing young, hungry players and the more success we have with this business model the more likely it will be that we'll become the club of choice for those youngsters released from he top Premier League teams.

Another benefit will be the reputation it allows us to develop among the bigger teams too. If we are constantly producing players who go on to bigger and better things they will pay more money for players because of the faith they develop in our coaching and scouting methods.

It's looking good.
Pulling power on 11:43 - Jul 21 with 1741 views80s_Boy

Pulling power on 11:34 - Jul 21 by DavieQPR

Also playing a particular type of football. Nobody learns anything from longball.

That's a very good point.

Even when they have had periods without success, players who have made their way through the Ajax youth system still command large fees due to the faith and respect in the schooling they have received.
Pulling power on 11:45 - Jul 21 with 1737 viewsnix

Pulling power on 11:43 - Jul 21 by 80s_Boy

That's a very good point.

Even when they have had periods without success, players who have made their way through the Ajax youth system still command large fees due to the faith and respect in the schooling they have received.

Yes.

And players also seem to keep in touch and recommend the club, like Jordan, Nahki, Ebs etc have all been on Twitter saying that new players will enjoy being at KPFS. A far cry from the bad old days.
Pulling power on 11:58 - Jul 21 with 1685 viewsrobith

I recall when we were dropping Darnell into the starting line up, Ramsey and Les were talking about pathways to the first team, and how important it was to demonstrate that a young player will get games here if they're ready.

That's been really borne out imo. It's clear younger players know they can come here and really start to carve out their career - which is exactly what a club like us needs
Pulling power on 12:09 - Jul 21 with 1651 viewsCiderwithRsie

All very well, but what about QPR's irresistible attraction to women, eh?

We all remember the glory days of Debbie Harry and Wendy James at Loftus Road, but not a word from either Hoos or Warburton on how they are going to get Soccer Mommy (no, no idea mate, but google if you need to) turning up at the KPFS.

We all know Nix is doing a fantastic job but she can't be everywhere. Sort it aaht Hoos!
Pulling power on 12:30 - Jul 21 with 1566 views80s_Boy

Pulling power on 11:58 - Jul 21 by robith

I recall when we were dropping Darnell into the starting line up, Ramsey and Les were talking about pathways to the first team, and how important it was to demonstrate that a young player will get games here if they're ready.

That's been really borne out imo. It's clear younger players know they can come here and really start to carve out their career - which is exactly what a club like us needs

"It's clear younger players know they can come here and really start to carve out their career - which is exactly what a club like us needs"

Absolutely spot on.

We also shouldn't be looking for players whose ambition is to play for QPR, even if they are a lifetime fan. We need to bring in players who want to play for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc, but who know that the only way they are going to get to that level is by being successful at QPR.
Pulling power on 14:57 - Jul 21 with 1320 viewsPinnerPaul

The cynic in me suspects that some of the savings in player wages from those who have left and of course the Eze money means we are paying a bit more than we used to.
Login to get fewer ads

Pulling power on 15:06 - Jul 21 with 1306 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Playing youngsters like we have and developing the reputation we have sort of creates a useful self fulfilling prophecy.

Any youth player in demand that goes to Chelsea to sit on a bench or get farmed out to FC Haagen Daas instead of wanting to hit as many Championship games as they can as young as they can probably isn't the right sort we need anyway.

I genuinely see us in Southampton's situation in the next 5-10 years.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 15:07]
Pulling power on 15:06 - Jul 21 with 1304 viewsMyke

Just to be a miserable old git (all this positivity can't be healthy) , will there come a time when the bigger clubs, instead of sending their young academy players to us, will say 'lets just bring Warburton/ Ramsey/Hall etc here instead'
Pulling power on 15:10 - Jul 21 with 1280 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pulling power on 15:06 - Jul 21 by Myke

Just to be a miserable old git (all this positivity can't be healthy) , will there come a time when the bigger clubs, instead of sending their young academy players to us, will say 'lets just bring Warburton/ Ramsey/Hall etc here instead'

Hopefully our reputation extends to young talented and progressive coaches too.
Pulling power on 15:28 - Jul 21 with 1230 views80s_Boy

Pulling power on 15:06 - Jul 21 by Myke

If clubs send their academy players to us it will be loan deals.

What we do is bring in players who have been released by their clubs/scout young players in lower leagues.

The trio you mention will, most likely, be all gone within 5 - 10 years but its the necessity to carry on the business model which is important, not the architects in my opinion.
Pulling power on 15:46 - Jul 21 with 1188 viewsdmm

Pulling power on 15:28 - Jul 21 by 80s_Boy

If clubs send their academy players to us it will be loan deals.

What we do is bring in players who have been released by their clubs/scout young players in lower leagues.

The trio you mention will, most likely, be all gone within 5 - 10 years but its the necessity to carry on the business model which is important, not the architects in my opinion.

I can see Warburton being poached by a 'bigger' club in the next few years, but John Eustace may be the first to go. He's been linked with Doncaster, Blackpool and Swansea over the last couple of years.

I think Chris Ramsey will stick around as he's said he has a unique role at QPR which he enjoys.

I've wondered if Paul Hall might be considered for a more senior role if/when others move on to provide stability and consistency which the club seems to value these days.
Pulling power on 15:49 - Jul 21 with 1182 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pulling power on 15:46 - Jul 21 by dmm

I can see Warburton being poached by a 'bigger' club in the next few years, but John Eustace may be the first to go. He's been linked with Doncaster, Blackpool and Swansea over the last couple of years.

I think Chris Ramsey will stick around as he's said he has a unique role at QPR which he enjoys.

I've wondered if Paul Hall might be considered for a more senior role if/when others move on to provide stability and consistency which the club seems to value these days.

Wasn't Ramsey linked with an England role a while ago? Paul Hall is an interesting one as he's Jamaica assistant manager too.
Pulling power on 15:49 - Jul 21 with 1181 views80s_Boy

Pulling power on 15:46 - Jul 21 by dmm

Ramsey is 60 next year and I think it's unlikely he'll be here at 70 to be honest.
Pulling power on 15:55 - Jul 21 with 1170 viewsdmm

Pulling power on 15:49 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wasn't Ramsey linked with an England role a while ago? Paul Hall is an interesting one as he's Jamaica assistant manager too.

Not sure about Ramsey but Warburton was linked to the England U21 role last year.
Pulling power on 17:24 - Jul 21 with 1045 viewsbosh67

Pulling power on 11:34 - Jul 21 by DavieQPR

I beg to differ as this article proves.

https://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=74169

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pulling power on 17:28 - Jul 21 with 1021 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think we have been attractive to youngsters for a while now. Even around here a young lad who worked for us and is a very good footballer said several of his mates were looking to try and come to us as we had a growing reputation. That was nearly two year ago.
Pulling power on 22:22 - Jul 21 with 777 viewsDorse

We are attractive to players because our kit looks great on them and our small stadium makes them look taller.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Pulling power on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 761 viewsGloryHunter

I thought this thread was going to be about towing trailers and caravans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024