Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview 20:56 - Jan 19 with 7235 viewsNorthernr

In a Super Hooped minute...

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview 19th Jan 2024 20:18
QPR have warmed up for Saturday's do-or-continue-to-die clash with Millwall by having their best player accused of assault with a lump of rock, and loaning one of the few midfielders they've got left to a relegation rival. 3

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:03 - Jan 19 with 6008 viewsSpaceman_P

Absolutely brilliant article, the dry pokes are fantastic. Thank God we have a writer for our team.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:14 - Jan 19 with 5929 viewsShotKneesHoop

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:03 - Jan 19 by Spaceman_P

Absolutely brilliant article, the dry pokes are fantastic. Thank God we have a writer for our team.

Can Clive play mid field - in place of Dozzell - tomorrow please.

It's our only chance.
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:15]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:17 - Jan 19 with 5903 viewsNorthernr

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:14 - Jan 19 by ShotKneesHoop

Can Clive play mid field - in place of Dozzell - tomorrow please.

It's our only chance.
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:15]

The best midfielder at QPR atm is James Allcott.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:23 - Jan 19 with 5853 viewscolinallcars

“ dog on firework night " is going into my book of phrases !
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:33 - Jan 19 with 5798 viewsNorthernr

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:23 - Jan 19 by colinallcars

“ dog on firework night " is going into my book of phrases !

We should actually publish the LFW Book of Phrases for next Christmas
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:46 - Jan 19 with 5714 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've missed a couple of your articles recently as I'm "up the walls", "fierce busy" and "Christ, is there any end to it" all at the same time.

This is great writing. And I got the first film reference as well.

The assessment of Dozzell is damning. Like Gus, I'm not as vitriolic as others seem to be, but I'm conscious that I watch most games on a stream and that friends who attend games are as clear as you are when they say that Dozzell has been hding so as to not get the ball.

There are times as a stream-watcher where I just can't comment. This is one of them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:50 - Jan 19 with 5702 viewsNorthernr

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:46 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I've missed a couple of your articles recently as I'm "up the walls", "fierce busy" and "Christ, is there any end to it" all at the same time.

This is great writing. And I got the first film reference as well.

The assessment of Dozzell is damning. Like Gus, I'm not as vitriolic as others seem to be, but I'm conscious that I watch most games on a stream and that friends who attend games are as clear as you are when they say that Dozzell has been hding so as to not get the ball.

There are times as a stream-watcher where I just can't comment. This is one of them.

But then, like I say in the piece, I'm pre-disposed to dislike this type of player anyway, so my criticism probably is OTT.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:53 - Jan 19 with 5670 viewscolinallcars

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:33 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Right, that's one Xmas present sorted…..
Login to get fewer ads

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:00 - Jan 19 with 5614 viewsstevec

Agree with all of that but as I’ve said previous, pinning your hopes on selling a game changer as Plan A is fatally flawed. In the near 60 years watching this lot we’ve managed this 3 times, once every 25 years.

First one was a major success, second one started the malaise, third one the juries out but their verdict should be in shortly and it’s not looking good.

Until we get away from this National Lottery mentality, nothing will ever get better.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:18 - Jan 19 with 5517 viewsBurnleyhoop

Another great report and I get all the arguments around culture and attitude etc, but, Dozzell and Ramsey have gone within the space of a week. Culture is essentially embedded attitudes and my impression of these highly unexpected announcements is a shifting of the sand.

Perhaps Cifuentes has begun to see the malaise that infests our club and is making the changes needed to cultivate a more positive outlook. Culture change is difficult and takes time, with necessary (personnel) sacrifices along the way. More changes are likely.

Or we could just be tossing a few deck chairs off the sinking ship to save a few quid.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:22 - Jan 19 with 5481 viewscolinallcars

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:18 - Jan 19 by Burnleyhoop

Another great report and I get all the arguments around culture and attitude etc, but, Dozzell and Ramsey have gone within the space of a week. Culture is essentially embedded attitudes and my impression of these highly unexpected announcements is a shifting of the sand.

Perhaps Cifuentes has begun to see the malaise that infests our club and is making the changes needed to cultivate a more positive outlook. Culture change is difficult and takes time, with necessary (personnel) sacrifices along the way. More changes are likely.

Or we could just be tossing a few deck chairs off the sinking ship to save a few quid.

Long John Silver should've been made CEO:
“ right, o'er the side with 'em me hearties ”
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:32 - Jan 19 with 5421 viewsNorthernr

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:18 - Jan 19 by Burnleyhoop

That's where I am, is it A or is it B?
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:49 - Jan 19 with 5334 viewsloftboy

I take it the person he allegedly hit was the first man in the queue?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:59 - Jan 19 with 5278 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:33 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Should definitely do this!
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 23:19 - Jan 19 with 5180 viewsderbyhoop

Not a big fan of Dozzell then Clive?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 00:58 - Jan 20 with 4901 viewsQPunkR

Definite parental advisory sticker needed there!

QPR - "shit but local"

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 05:34 - Jan 20 with 4683 viewsNortholt_Rs

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 23:19 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

Not a big fan of Dozzell then Clive?

Exactly. What’s not to like?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 05:45 - Jan 20 with 4675 viewsNorthantsHoop

Report really sums it up well Clive. Not at the Millwall game today as we have a family birthday celebration. I think Marti is a massive improvement on the last 3 managers but he is effectively so restricted with the poor quality and mentality of the players it is an uphill struggle. In previous seasons we have had a bit of a buffer with points and form at the right time, this season we started in relegation form and we have just continued with that form. I still believe we are one of the worst 3 teams in the division and that will see us down. Marti will be a miracle worker if he keeps us in the division.
[Post edited 20 Jan 5:53]
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 08:24 - Jan 20 with 4415 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 21:50 - Jan 19 by Northernr

But then, like I say in the piece, I'm pre-disposed to dislike this type of player anyway, so my criticism probably is OTT.

It isn’t over the top,Clive, it is spot on. I’m delighted he’s gone…anyone in there is better than him. At least Duke McKenner would run around and cause chaos. Dozzel is a waste of a shirt (that he never gets dirty because he isn’t involved, ever)!
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 08:57 - Jan 20 with 4290 viewscamembeRt

Brilliant as ever. I'm hoping that Cifuentes has identified Dozzell as one of the rotten apples and kicked him out of his cart. I'm grateful that I no longer have to watch the sour faced little princeling prancing around doing f all in one of our shirts.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 09:43 - Jan 20 with 4102 viewsmart_Goblin

I’ll declare my bias - Dozzell is the sort of player I dislike anyway, before we even start. I think the academy system in this country, and the disgusting EPPP system that feeds it, creates too many of the same type of player over and over again. Physically slight, technical lads who, when you ask what their purpose is and what they actually do (tackle people, defend, score goals, get crosses in?) will tell you they play “ten”. Or, sometimes, “six”. Or “double pivot”. They play on pristine pitches against all the other excellent young boys, same opposition and same boys year after year, they do their little no-look passes and step overs, all their mates make that high-pitched screechy noise, and they’re referred to, by their peers and often themselves in the third person, as “ballers”. The rigours of actually playing football in a dog league like the Championship are completely alien to them. They emerge from that system entirely unsuited to it, and when it comes to sinking or swimming very few of them float. See the fates of Charlie Owens, Mide Shodipo, Luke Amos and others since they were released from their stupidly handsome contracts here.

This ! A million times over
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 10:02 - Jan 20 with 4022 viewsSK_hoops

Forget the ginger Pirlo, Colback plays like he's had a few glasses of red merlot. That Watford game was almost Samba Diakite-esque.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 10:25 - Jan 20 with 3912 viewsessextaxiboy

Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 22:59 - Jan 19 by Silverfoxqpr

Should definitely do this!

A book of this season previews and match reports would be a cracker . You should self publish it Clive . Get it in the Club shop and maybe reel in a few more patreons with a big LFW meet up in the Crown for a book signing ?

....and make every player and recruit read it before signing
[Post edited 20 Jan 10:29]
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 10:41 - Jan 20 with 3821 viewsPaddyhoops

They get more depressing by the week but are done with brilliant gallows humour.
It’s all we have left.
A Colback sending off and another Field booking would make things interesting.
Somebody's going to Birmingham, somebody's going to jail - Preview on 10:57 - Jan 20 with 3767 viewsAntti_Heinola

Even during the Redknapp years i don’t think I’ve seen you this angry. Don’t blame you, but I hope your break helps a bit.

Sad news about Derrick. Sat on my row and looked like a struggle for him to get to his seat every week up all those stairs, but he never missed a game. Wish his last match had been a win at least. RIP.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024