Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so 21:25 - May 16 with 1703 viewsDylanP

Why do people keep saying tha tTaarabt will be gone in the summer? I have read that on two threads today and it is repeated as though it is gospel. And yet, it makes no sense. Nobody was willing to come in for him after our Championship winning season. In our Championship winning season he scored 20 goals and had 20 assists from midfield and, more importantly, was by far th ebest player in the league -- looking a class above everyone else in the league.

Since those heady days Adel has had two season in the Premiership during which he has struggled to maintain a place in the side, scored a grand total of 7 goals (in 2 years) and been tagged as unreliable, arrogant, and temperamental by everyone who watched him.

Since nobody would pay money for him when he was head and shoulders above his peers, why would they be flocking to take him off our hands when he can't even secure a spot in a relegation-bound side?

Adel will be wearing hoops again next season and thank god for that.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 21:44 - May 16 with 1632 viewsqueensparker

Of course he will leave. And he should really, he's already done a few years in the Championship with us under basket-case circumstances and was outstanding in a title-winning team.

Why do that all over again with a manager that doesn't seem to rate him? He leaves with my blessing as the best player I've seen at Rangers since Les, and in my top three of all time (too young for the 76 era).

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 21:53 - May 16 with 1605 viewsqprmick

If I was him, I would be looking to fulfil my potential and he won't do that here.

Qprmick

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 22:05 - May 16 with 1564 viewsdolcelatte

top 3? really don't think he'd be in my top 10 since going..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 22:44 - May 16 with 1488 viewsBasingstokeR

Can't see that he'll stay with Redknapp
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 23:38 - May 16 with 1400 viewskensalriser

Sad truth is he's too good for us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 23:45 - May 16 with 1381 viewsRanger78

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 23:38 - May 16 by kensalriser

+ 1 ..... especially with HR who will just crush him leaving him on the bench and constantly tell the world he doesn't work hard enough
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 01:27 - May 17 with 1327 viewsMelakaRanger

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 23:38 - May 16 by kensalriser

Rubbish!

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 07:31 - May 17 with 1221 viewsBasingstokeR

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 01:27 - May 17 by MelakaRanger

Rubbish!

He aint rubbish
Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 08:14 - May 17 with 1168 viewsVish

the difference now is that HR doesn't really rate Tarrabt. He's also probably peeded off at lack of game time this season, and is also affected by the fractions in the squad.

AT hadn't performed as well as he can in the premier league, however that is partly down to the fact that the entire team has been sh ite and low on confidence. Other clubs and managers will know what he's capable of. He'll still be a wanted man, and part of him (imo) will think its time to move on.

I can't see him being with us next season. I'd image he will go abroad. A real shame.
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 08:44 - May 17 with 1121 viewstimcocking

He has been my favourite player since the day i first saw him, i love Adel Taarabt. I've never watched a better player.

He wouldn't be with us if he wasn't f@cked up in the head.

In a weird masochistic way, it's part of the appeal of him for me. Our whole team is messed up from top to bottom, where else could he fit in better?

Jesus, times are never dull at QPR.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 08:50 - May 17 with 1102 viewsToast_R

Harry don't rate Taarabt in a team pushing for a Champions League place.
Taarabts form this season has been nowhere near consistant so he's failed to make a starting place his own.

On the other hand Harry surely can't be foolish enough to think Taarabt won't be good enough in the Championship.

Infact when he was tearing up that league Harry was quoted numerous times saying what a deal it looks QPR have got, he'll be worth millions.

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward, I hope Adel can see this because I think that is exactly what he needs. He's become a little lost in the Premier League but I dont think thats his 100% his own fault. Since promotion this club has never been stable and not one player has flourished in Hoops.
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 13:03 - May 17 with 989 viewsFredManRave

In Harrys press conference he said that Adel is back in Morocco because his grandmother has recently passed away.

Let's hope it's not the last we've seen of him in a Rangers shirt...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 13:10 - May 17 with 965 viewsMedwayR

I hope he leaves as I can't see him being particularly motivated to play in the Championship next season or wait for us to build a competitive team, and if that is the case it won't do him or us any good & will only lower his value. I think it's a good time for him to leave & hopefully progress elsewhere, and for us to start fresh with a clearout & building a new team.

Poll: Who’s better?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 13:22 - May 17 with 936 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought uncle tony had already said he is not for sale, we would be mental to sell him the summer, would get far more in January when teams are more desperate and we give ourselves an opportunity. If you gave me the choice of Adel or Townsend, I'd take Adel every time, because there is end product.

As for not wanting to play, my understanding is that Adel is one of those players that loves the game rather than some kind of mercenary,
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 13:30 - May 17 with 917 viewsbosh67

If the Prem comes knocking for Adel he may go. I am sceptical that he will go abroad. He is on a good deal at QPR and I think HR would play him in the Championship. He's grown up a lot so I don't think he will be in a hurry to leave and probably happy to stay.

Personally I would make him captain again and base a team around him. The boy has grown up, he's much more of a team player and quite frankly was the leading light in getting us up in the first place. He also genuinely loves being a Rangers player... now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 14:13 - May 17 with 860 viewsPommyhoop

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 13:30 - May 17 by bosh67

If the Prem comes knocking for Adel he may go. I am sceptical that he will go abroad. He is on a good deal at QPR and I think HR would play him in the Championship. He's grown up a lot so I don't think he will be in a hurry to leave and probably happy to stay.

Personally I would make him captain again and base a team around him. The boy has grown up, he's much more of a team player and quite frankly was the leading light in getting us up in the first place. He also genuinely loves being a Rangers player... now.

THIS ^^^^^

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 19:48 - May 17 with 753 viewsDylanP

But my point is, who is going to pay money for Taarabt?

Nobody would pay for him when we came up. Since then he has been largely anonymous. What makes him more of a prospect now than he was when we came up?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 20:06 - May 17 with 739 viewsted_hendrix

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 19:48 - May 17 by DylanP

But my point is, who is going to pay money for Taarabt?

Nobody would pay for him when we came up. Since then he has been largely anonymous. What makes him more of a prospect now than he was when we came up?

**Nobody would pay for him when we came up. Since then he has been largely anonymous.**

Largely anonymous, are you bloody serious?

He's had some cracking games for us over the last two seasons, he's had his bad moments too but to say he's been largely anonymous is a daft statement to make.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 20:18 - May 17 with 722 viewsstansleftfoot

I'm not sure what his contract is, but he's a player who is impossible to value, one good season in a poor Championship and a few goals in a truely rubbish Premiership side.
He doesn't get injured, he loses fitness in a matter of days, he's a tricky emotional package, he's a mecurial player who has failed to show his talent consistently in a League where great players make their careers.
Why would a ' Great ' club buy him, why would we sell him, HR may not fancy having Taarabt on the park in a crap side like the current QPR one.
I don't think that would be the case if we had any semblance of a midfield which we haven't.
Not sure any bids would come in to match QPR's valuation, and I'm not sure Harry would want to sell him if we got some structure to the team. I pray and hope he doesn't go, there is no more entertaining football player in the UK right now! and he's QPR's. Get building Harry and put Adel in the frame!
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 20:55 - May 17 with 692 viewsdolcelatte

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 20:06 - May 17 by ted_hendrix

**Nobody would pay for him when we came up. Since then he has been largely anonymous.**

He's had some cracking games for us over the last two seasons, he's had his bad moments too but to say he's been largely anonymous is a daft statement to make.

not that daft I'd say more anonymous games than cracking - by and large a disappointment at premier level. cracking player at a level below but cab't see him or his advisers accepting that - nor most of our fans.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 00:53 - May 18 with 606 viewsLimper

My only motivation to attend the Newcastle game was to say goodbye and thanks to Adel. In fact, my only motivation to get to Loftus Road since Christmas has been to see him because quite frankly, apart from Remy and Townsend who have the quality, and Hill and Derry who have the heart, none of the rest of them have been worth supporting.

Was gutted but not surprised to see that he started on the bench again while Mbia (who has been an embarrassment to watch all season) and Boswinga (a disgrace) represented my team. That just showed how clueless HR has been; we should have been playing for pride since relegation became a fact yet he has played the same bunch of khunts who showed phuck all fight to keep us up.

It is boring, ignorant and just plain wrong to suggest he doesn't work hard enough or have the heart to get stuck in. Any fan who has watched us over the last two seasons knows that. He may not have had the same impact as in the Championship but that is not through lack of effort. What has changed over that time is the quality of the opposition and, probably more significantly, our pisspoor management.

Taarabt has been treated appallingly by HR over the last couple of months but has kept his head down and done his bit when given the chance. I still think, naively maybe, that given a run the Taarabt Remy combination may have kept us up. We have been by far a better team with him in it anyway.

Rangers fans know just how good he actually is. He's the best I've ever seen in hoops. However, other Premiership clubs may have been put off by his seeming lack of adaptation to the top flight. That hasn't really been his fault though: we have been utter gash for two seasons and is been hard for him to shine amidst the shite. That could be a reason he doesn't go. And also possibly that he loves the club a bit?

Nah, he's a professional footballer, not a fan. I think he'll be gone by the end of August and the best of luck to him.

Thank you Adel.

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 01:23 - May 18 with 596 viewsqueensparker

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 00:53 - May 18 by Limper

My only motivation to attend the Newcastle game was to say goodbye and thanks to Adel. In fact, my only motivation to get to Loftus Road since Christmas has been to see him because quite frankly, apart from Remy and Townsend who have the quality, and Hill and Derry who have the heart, none of the rest of them have been worth supporting.

Was gutted but not surprised to see that he started on the bench again while Mbia (who has been an embarrassment to watch all season) and Boswinga (a disgrace) represented my team. That just showed how clueless HR has been; we should have been playing for pride since relegation became a fact yet he has played the same bunch of khunts who showed phuck all fight to keep us up.

It is boring, ignorant and just plain wrong to suggest he doesn't work hard enough or have the heart to get stuck in. Any fan who has watched us over the last two seasons knows that. He may not have had the same impact as in the Championship but that is not through lack of effort. What has changed over that time is the quality of the opposition and, probably more significantly, our pisspoor management.

Taarabt has been treated appallingly by HR over the last couple of months but has kept his head down and done his bit when given the chance. I still think, naively maybe, that given a run the Taarabt Remy combination may have kept us up. We have been by far a better team with him in it anyway.

Rangers fans know just how good he actually is. He's the best I've ever seen in hoops. However, other Premiership clubs may have been put off by his seeming lack of adaptation to the top flight. That hasn't really been his fault though: we have been utter gash for two seasons and is been hard for him to shine amidst the shite. That could be a reason he doesn't go. And also possibly that he loves the club a bit?

Nah, he's a professional footballer, not a fan. I think he'll be gone by the end of August and the best of luck to him.

Thank you Adel.

This.

I spent the whole Newcastle game hoping we'd have one last piss-taking goal (or even a nutmeg) to look forward to to remember him by.

FFS it was a meaningless game for us, why not at least reward one of longest-serving, and best players with a chance to say goodbye? That's good management, recognising the situation and allowing it to happen. Instead Redknapp spent the whole game sitting static and silent while Adel sat in his shorts next to the dugout desperate to get on.

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 06:14 - May 18 with 564 viewstimcocking

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 20:06 - May 17 by ted_hendrix

correct, on occasion (sadly not that often) he's completely torn apart premier division teams single handedly.

I'm truly astonished every QPR fan isn't delighted to have him at Loftus Road. I know he's frustrating, but so great to watch play.
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 10:01 - May 18 with 510 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 06:14 - May 18 by timcocking

correct, on occasion (sadly not that often) he's completely torn apart premier division teams single handedly.

I'm truly astonished every QPR fan isn't delighted to have him at Loftus Road. I know he's frustrating, but so great to watch play.

Are you for real? With one game to go we are bottom with 25 points having scored 30 goals and a minus goal difference of 29. Mate, we haven't ''torn apart'' anyone, indvidualy or collectively for that matter forquite some time. Quite the opposite in fact, we have been torn apart on a fairly regular basis. Tarrabt is a very skillful player, of that there is no doubt. But there's a reason that he s still a QPR player, and that is because, at this level over the past 2 years he just hasen't produced it anywhere near consistantly enough.
Taarabt gone in the summer??? I don't think so on 13:28 - May 18 with 465 viewsTGRRRSSS

He has his moments but to say he's "too good" for us is nonsense. Nobody is bigger than the club, he was exceptional mostly in Championship winning year HOWEVER the PL hasn't seen his true potential regularly enough but can see someone wanting him, whether that side is good enough to satisfy his ego is another matter?

We'll see.
Hope he is around next season, Harry would pick him, he'd be focussed and it'd gurantee a top 6 for sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024