Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's some penalty record we have... 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1636 viewsAntti_Heinola

By my calculations, that's five premier league pens missed in a row, and all of them saved:
Heidar v wigan
Cisse v norwich
Adel v norwich
Remy v fulham
Charlie v hull

Poor charlie - same pen as his slightly weaker one v wigan in the playoffs - goalie obviously did his research...

Bare bones.

That's some penalty record we have... on 17:50 - Aug 16 with 1605 viewskysersosaqpr

Why not blast it down the middle. Research keepers! Most dive one side, few just stand there - for fecks sake

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

That's some penalty record we have... on 17:53 - Aug 16 with 1575 viewsNov77

Was anyone else surprised remy didn't take it? I'd have thought he would have been the obvious choice even though charlie was taking them last year.

Just had a gut feeling before he took it that he would miss, it's often the way with soft penatlies, I'd have been raging if that was given against us. It was identical to the one given against macca away to Newcastle, when stesjkel saved it and we won 2-1.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

That's some penalty record we have... on 17:54 - Aug 16 with 1569 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Remy vs Newcastle he scored didnt he?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:00 - Aug 16 with 1542 viewsHollowayRanger

no power no placement

keeper goes right way 50/50 and its an easy save

to be honest was worried watching that austins hard working but looked very limited and that v hull and with remy who was a class act and showed why he is premiership class

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:04 - Aug 16 with 1534 viewsAntti_Heinola

That's some penalty record we have... on 17:54 - Aug 16 by RANGERS4EVER

Remy vs Newcastle he scored didnt he?

Ah yes, you're right! I thought i may have forgotten one.

Of course charlie should've taken it, he's our pen taker and hadn't missed one before! Easy to say he should've done this or that after the event. He'll bury the next one.

Bare bones.

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:29 - Aug 16 with 1451 viewsDiscodroid

you could have tipped sandy from crossroads out of his chair and he would have saved it..

gutted.

time for beer.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:32 - Aug 16 with 1439 viewsqueensparker

It wasn't a penalty in a million years, an absolutely terrible decision. That somehow makes the miss easier to swallow, but Charlie didn't look at all up for it on the telly.
That's some penalty record we have... on 18:39 - Aug 16 with 1403 viewskensalriser

Could tell from his run-up it was a miss, looked ponderous. Normally he's as cool as ice.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 1333 viewsHollowayRanger

at least a point dropped today and 3 given to a real rival for the bottom 3

only thing Austin did right with that pen was hit the target

no power or placement you gotta have at least one or the other

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

That's some penalty record we have... on 19:09 - Aug 16 with 1308 viewsBrightonhoop

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:59 - Aug 16 by HollowayRanger

I dont see Hull as bottom 3. Fairly well organised, established Prem side.

Given the step up for Charlie, and the nerves that got the better of him for the pen, I think his confidence will grow and grow as we progress. Charlie should have stood down for Remy this once.
That's some penalty record we have... on 19:18 - Aug 16 with 1290 viewsbosh67

In this division you put your laces through it or the keepers tend to guess right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That's some penalty record we have... on 20:24 - Aug 16 with 1188 viewsAntti_Heinola

That's some penalty record we have... on 18:59 - Aug 16 by HollowayRanger

you should text him that Holloway - superb advice. Have you ever done any coaching?

Bare bones.

That's some penalty record we have... on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 1184 viewsAntti_Heinola

That's some penalty record we have... on 19:09 - Aug 16 by Brightonhoop

Given the step up for Charlie, and the nerves that got the better of him for the pen, I think his confidence will grow and grow as we progress. Charlie should have stood down for Remy this once.

strikers should never 'stand down' from pens. they're free goals and Charlie was superb at them last season.
He'll be fine. And of course, Remy only has 1 in 2 success rate for us so far...
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 20:26]

Bare bones.

That's some penalty record we have... on 20:31 - Aug 16 with 1158 viewskensalriser

I don't see Hull going down, tidy and well organised, although I'm not sure they'll score much. Pleased we didn't get Jelavic, he just looks like a big lump.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

That's some penalty record we have... on 23:10 - Aug 16 with 1022 viewskysersosaqpr

Sorry, they're to ss , really is 3 dropped

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

That's some penalty record we have... on 01:21 - Aug 17 with 932 viewsHollowayRanger

That's some penalty record we have... on 20:24 - Aug 16 by Antti_Heinola

you should text him that Holloway - superb advice. Have you ever done any coaching?

so what bit of my statement DONT you agree with

A. He at least hit the target

B. no power

C. didnt place it

still he's in good company tonight mark noble missed his first pen in 10 for wet spam today as well and that cost them at least a point as well

Listen to the band play!

That's some penalty record we have... on 07:22 - Aug 17 with 872 viewsLoft1979

That's some penalty record we have... on 19:09 - Aug 16 by Brightonhoop

Personally, I think the chore should be shared. That we both our strikers can pad their stats over the season.
That's some penalty record we have... on 08:38 - Aug 17 with 832 viewsdaveB

at the time i thought it was a decent penalty and a good save but seeing it on tv since it wasn't great.
That's some penalty record we have... on 10:23 - Aug 17 with 754 viewsCamberleyR

The replay showed he badly scuffed it. He does seem to favour going to the keeper's right though so I reckon McGregor had done his homework.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024