Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players wages docked 00:39 - Aug 29 with 5994 viewsHooparoo

The Daily Mail are claiming that the players most likely to leave have had a week's wages withheld - Charlie, Green, Hoilett and Sandro.

Surely this is a wind up? The club couldn't be that stupid 24 hours before a match surely?

Troubling if true.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 0:47]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Players wages docked on 01:10 - Aug 29 with 5081 viewsJAPRANGERS

Well it is in the fail..............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3214785/Charlie-Austin-Rob-Gre

Surely not??
Players wages docked on 01:21 - Aug 29 with 5054 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players wages docked on 01:31 - Aug 29 with 5004 viewsDeepcutHoop

Haven't seen a Two Dans video in an age.

Dan

Dan
Players wages docked on 04:20 - Aug 29 with 4893 viewsWesty75

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll scrape through until next payday.
Players wages docked on 05:51 - Aug 29 with 4847 viewsozexile

What would the club gain by that? Its illegal and surely in the case of Austin we'd like to have him back in a couple of years.
Players wages docked on 07:18 - Aug 29 with 4780 viewseghamranger

So we don't pay them the full amount on Friday but we will pay them the other amount on Tuesday. Doesn't make sense at all as they should be earning their money on Saturday.
Players wages docked on 07:22 - Aug 29 with 4776 viewseghamranger

So we don't pay them the full amount on Friday but we will pay them the other amount on Tuesday. Doesn't make sense at all as they should be earning their money on Saturday.
Players wages docked on 07:47 - Aug 29 with 4678 viewsRosieG

Firstly,this story should have pull the other one, it's got bells attached to it.

Secondly, logically speaking if your paid in advance, you would be paid on the 1st of the month, not the last working day of last month, Tuesday 1st September would be their next pay day imo.

Could you see Charlie & co paying in advance for work on the mansions and ferrari's in advance, no of course not.
Login to get fewer ads

Players wages docked on 07:51 - Aug 29 with 4653 viewsqueensparker

If true what a totally unnecessary way to get our best players' heads down ahead of a game, and a nice signal to the rest of the footballing world how desperate we are for cash ahead of Tuesday.

F**ks sake.

Confirmation if any was needed that Matty and Austin are for sale at any price on deadline day anyway (not arsed about the others)
Players wages docked on 07:53 - Aug 29 with 4644 viewsdavman

1. its in the Mail;
2. Who cares? If it had been non payment then maybe time to worry, but the club is signing players still, so the owners still have money...
3. Doubt its illegal anyway...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Players wages docked on 08:17 - Aug 29 with 4540 viewsElHoop

It's far too 'creative' for the geniuses who write for the Mail to have made it up, so it's almost certainly true. I would be interested to know the name of the contact between Austin and the Mail.

I suspect that there's no effective way of recovering overpayments of pay to players. Normally your employer knows whether or not you are leaving when you get your pay, and there's also stuff like overtime or holiday pay to leave something owed to the employee who leaves suddenly, but I doubt that would apply to a footballer. Let's face it, if employees were regularly leaving at zero notice before the end of the month then nobody would get paid until the month had ended. If that's what footballers prefer then pay them at the start of the following month in arrears.

If you buy a house your solicitor will apportion everything on the completion statement so that both sides pay the right amount for utilities or service charges or whatever. The wages of a modern footballer are not exactly at the same level as a gas bill, so why shouldn't the approach be professional? People moan about how much players are paid for what they do - why should they be paid for what they don't do?
Players wages docked on 08:25 - Aug 29 with 4494 viewsBasingstokeR

I don't think this is that bad or deserves a story in the Mail!

The suggestion of miscommunication in advance could even be just that; a miscommunication or error. We don't know what is being discussed between players' agents and the club.
Players wages docked on 08:33 - Aug 29 with 4461 viewsBlue_Castello

The fact the story exists means that the journalist got this from a source either one of the players or an employee at the club.

I hugely doubt the argument that if its in the Mail it's a made up story, we all know they are desperate for headlines but it's more a question of whether the source is real or somebody with a grudge.

Well if I was a betting man out of those five players the man most likely to go to the press would be Hoilett, he's currently in no mans land with prospects of playing on a Saturday and now there docking his mega wages.

Mixed emotions about this I desperately want us to win today and don't want key players to be demotivated but at the same time the blokes get paid a small fortune and should stop bloody wingeing when they get treated like the rest of society.

The article states they will get paid all their money including back pay if they are with the club after Tuesday Man up and shut up.

Ps - Agree with Basingstoke who has just posted, it could all be a mis-communication issue, and we have no idea where the club is with negotiations on the named players.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 8:36]
Players wages docked on 08:36 - Aug 29 with 4441 viewsjonno

The story doesn't make sense. If they were paid yesterday then they are paid in arrears at the end of the month, the same as I am. So would have been paid for the whole of August. If they are paid in advance (for next month) then the Club would have paid them nothing if they considered the players would be leaving on Sept 1st, and not just docked one weeks pay from the September pay. My concern is that we are paying Sandro when he has not been available to work for months and is not even in the country.
Players wages docked on 08:45 - Aug 29 with 4397 viewseghamranger

Wouldn't mind betting that the players mentioned bank with HSBC and have been affected by their so called "glitch"
Players wages docked on 08:50 - Aug 29 with 4370 viewsJamie

Players wages docked on 08:36 - Aug 29 by jonno

The story doesn't make sense. If they were paid yesterday then they are paid in arrears at the end of the month, the same as I am. So would have been paid for the whole of August. If they are paid in advance (for next month) then the Club would have paid them nothing if they considered the players would be leaving on Sept 1st, and not just docked one weeks pay from the September pay. My concern is that we are paying Sandro when he has not been available to work for months and is not even in the country.

Sandro was blameless, so impossible to withhold his wages.
Players wages docked on 09:01 - Aug 29 with 4302 viewsDiscodroids

Just for a bit of balance , Is there nothing in the Guardian on this story ?? ,Surely A Vision of Rob Green in nothing but his budgie smugglers and socks DJing like Blu Peter at 'Trade' in the living room, on his Ikea Expedit bookshelf with charlie austin sprawled on the sofa, in roman sandels with' 300' on the dvd for the umpteenth time.

Throw in Nigel Farage setting his german Shepherd ' Blondi' , on some Somalians and Theres a sitcom right there, for any budding script writer of the Guardian with blair peach on his superdry t shirt.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 10:29]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Players wages docked on 09:37 - Aug 29 with 4175 viewsjonno

Players wages docked on 08:50 - Aug 29 by Jamie

Sandro was blameless, so impossible to withhold his wages.

Blameless? Surely it's incumbent on any employee that they ensure they have the correct documentation to allow them to work in a foreign country. It's the responsibility of the employer to ensure that any such employees have the correct documentation. I work with a number of people who require work permits and it is their responsibility to ensure they have the correct permit to work. The employer will check that they have, and if they haven't then they will not be working. And they would certainly not be paid.
Players wages docked on 09:58 - Aug 29 with 4075 viewsbosh67

I would imagine that certain players are perhaps being paid weekly until the transfer window closes, that's all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players wages docked on 10:24 - Aug 29 with 3967 viewsHooparoo

Dock them. Dock them all!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Players wages docked on 10:30 - Aug 29 with 3929 viewsisawqpratwcity

And the prospect of players leaving at the end of a transfer window has never occurred at ours or any other club? How on earth will we find an amicable solution?

Thank God for the Mail!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players wages docked on 11:15 - Aug 29 with 3790 viewsQPRinCT

Non-issue. Contract = team pays what the contract states. End of
Players wages docked on 14:21 - Aug 29 with 3452 viewsJAPRANGERS

Players wages docked on 10:30 - Aug 29 by isawqpratwcity

And the prospect of players leaving at the end of a transfer window has never occurred at ours or any other club? How on earth will we find an amicable solution?

Thank God for the Mail!

It's been confirmed, reading the Daily Fail gives you brain damage...........

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/what-happens-to-you-one-ho
Players wages docked on 05:48 - Aug 30 with 3235 viewsJAPRANGERS

So is this story true or not?? If true, it's really shocking.
Players wages docked on 12:12 - Aug 30 with 2922 viewsjohncharles

Players wages docked on 05:48 - Aug 30 by JAPRANGERS

So is this story true or not?? If true, it's really shocking.

Don't know but it did the trick yesterday

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024