Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mittals 12:07 - Oct 20 with 2444 viewsloftboy

Al these steel workers losing their jobs due to the crash in steel prices, anyone know if it's affecting our owners?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mittals on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 2423 viewsMedwayR

I was wondering the same last night but I don't know the answer. If it does, is it likely to have a long-term or short-term impact???

Maybe we should try to secure the steel we need for our new mega-stadium while it's cheap

Poll: Who’s better?

Mittals on 12:10 - Oct 20 with 2422 viewsJuzzie

It will, they'll be down to their last £30bn.

We should get the buckets out tonight.
Mittals on 12:13 - Oct 20 with 2396 viewsDiscodroids

I heard some Green MEP from london on radio 5 this morning, say that this would be a good opportunity for the people of Redcar to re train and work Within the renewable energy industry .

I Bet wilf and albert the 63 years old steel extruders and fabricators who have worked at the plant for 40 years and their familys before them, really appreciate those words from a plummy tart who works as a hemp seamstress when not telling people how to dispose of their earl grey tea bags

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mittals on 12:15 - Oct 20 with 2391 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Their share price not looking great and have plummeted for a while.

Hopefully they won't be raising the price of Balti pies in the Upper Loft.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/MT:NA
Mittals on 12:42 - Oct 20 with 2309 viewskarl

Mittals on 12:13 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

I heard some Green MEP from london on radio 5 this morning, say that this would be a good opportunity for the people of Redcar to re train and work Within the renewable energy industry .

I Bet wilf and albert the 63 years old steel extruders and fabricators who have worked at the plant for 40 years and their familys before them, really appreciate those words from a plummy tart who works as a hemp seamstress when not telling people how to dispose of their earl grey tea bags

I do realise advances have to be made in carbon capture etc but if there was a will it could be done and if there hadnt been a willful attack on our heavy industries then our coal industry could feed our steel industry and this could have enabled a competitive ship building industry.
All these sacrificed and too late to make them competitive again under weak government and foreign ownership.
Mittals on 13:17 - Oct 20 with 2212 viewsjohncharles

plenty of part time work in the fast food industry for these shirkers. "Get on one's bike" as Norman Teapot would say.

Strong and stable my arse.

Mittals on 13:22 - Oct 20 with 2191 views1BobbyHazell

Bloody Green Party, selling off our country's assets, infra structure and industry to foreign 'investors', leaving us and our future generations in a permanent position of economic subjugation. Creating a not too distant future where Wilf and Albert's great grandkids get to battle it out for the privilege of a job that pays below the poverty line wages in the new Apple factory with nets around it to 'catch' the suicide attempters.

Ruining this country, those fu*king greens.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 13:25]
Mittals on 13:32 - Oct 20 with 2155 viewsR_from_afar

I can only imagine how awful it must be to live in a town or region where there is basically only one major employer and then that employer goes bust. I think it's easy for people in the south east to forget that many areas don't have umpteen head office buildings for major corporations in them, with all the jobs they offer.

It sounds like the Green MEP made their point insensitively and that is unacceptable. I didn't hear the interview but they may also have overlooked that the current government is slowly killing this country's renewables industry. The party line from the DECC is that renewables "need to stand on their own two feet" without subsidies. However, they have no problem offering far larger subsidies for nuclear and fossil fuel plants. Four solar panel suppliers have just gone bust, 27,000 jobs are at risk in the UK's solar industry, and wind turbine manufacturing jobs have gone elsewhere as the government panders to the back benchers and Mail readers.

In other news, new research indicates that onshore wind is the cheapest option when building new power plans, at $85 per MwH. Coal and gas plants come in at $115 whereas nuclear is at $190. Ah, but Greenpeace/The Greens/FOE would say that, you retort. Well, it was Bloomberg Energy Finance who produced the research.

I dearly hope the administrators can find buyers for those at-risk steel plants.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Mittals on 13:37 - Oct 20 with 2132 viewsKonk

I might have imagined this, but isn't there a big Siemens plant in Hull, making wind turbines? Perhaps she's suggesting there should be an effort made by the Authorities to attract similar work to Redcar?

Heart-breaking thinking about the impact this will have on places like Teeside, Lanarkshire and Scunny; places not exactly blessed with an abundance of reasonably-paid vacancies for skilled workers of a certain age.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Mittals on 13:49 - Oct 20 with 2088 viewsR_from_afar

Mittals on 13:37 - Oct 20 by Konk

I might have imagined this, but isn't there a big Siemens plant in Hull, making wind turbines? Perhaps she's suggesting there should be an effort made by the Authorities to attract similar work to Redcar?

Heart-breaking thinking about the impact this will have on places like Teeside, Lanarkshire and Scunny; places not exactly blessed with an abundance of reasonably-paid vacancies for skilled workers of a certain age.

You're spot on re. the Siemens plant. The trouble is that other manufacturers will only come to the UK if there is a reasonably sized local market for their product. That is now seriously in doubt as the Tories make no secret of their desire to concentrate on more sensible sources of energy, like gas fracked from under your house without your permission, more gas shipped through the calm political waters of the Strait of Hormuz, and the world's most expensive energy courtesy of nuclear plants built by the Chinese and French (if they can ever make the design work; a sister plant of Hinckley Point is on hold and years behind schedule over in France due to safety issues with the huge metal "lid").

At one point, there were four or five manufacturers preparing to build wind turbine plants in the UK but at least some have been scared off.

RFA (and breathe...)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mittals on 14:57 - Oct 20 with 1954 viewsWilly_WonkR

Mittals on 13:49 - Oct 20 by R_from_afar

You're spot on re. the Siemens plant. The trouble is that other manufacturers will only come to the UK if there is a reasonably sized local market for their product. That is now seriously in doubt as the Tories make no secret of their desire to concentrate on more sensible sources of energy, like gas fracked from under your house without your permission, more gas shipped through the calm political waters of the Strait of Hormuz, and the world's most expensive energy courtesy of nuclear plants built by the Chinese and French (if they can ever make the design work; a sister plant of Hinckley Point is on hold and years behind schedule over in France due to safety issues with the huge metal "lid").

At one point, there were four or five manufacturers preparing to build wind turbine plants in the UK but at least some have been scared off.

RFA (and breathe...)

I'm sure there was previous fracking thread so this may have been asked before. How deep below my house does my ownership of the land reach? Do I own the wedge all the way to the centre of the Earth? If this is the case then the cost per cubic foot is rather good value for money

Sorry for being slightly off topic.
Mittals on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 1882 viewstraininvain

Mittals on 14:57 - Oct 20 by Willy_WonkR

I'm sure there was previous fracking thread so this may have been asked before. How deep below my house does my ownership of the land reach? Do I own the wedge all the way to the centre of the Earth? If this is the case then the cost per cubic foot is rather good value for money

Sorry for being slightly off topic.

Mittals no longer have a stake in QPR (from the horses mouth) so not sure why it matters.
Mittals on 15:42 - Oct 20 with 1851 viewsnadera78

And right at the time we're throwing blowjobs left, right and centre at the Chinese who are dumping on us cheap (and apparently substandard) steel that is subsidised by their government. Let's not discuss the risks involved in attaching ourselves at the hip to a shaky Chinese economy that the rest of the West is edging away from. And never even think about the horrors visited upon the ordinary Chinese by their overlords.

No, lets just take the pee out of a well-spoken Green MEP.
Mittals on 16:51 - Oct 20 with 1770 viewsloftboy

Mittals on 15:32 - Oct 20 by traininvain

Mittals no longer have a stake in QPR (from the horses mouth) so not sure why it matters.

First I've heard of it, surely there would have been an announcement if true?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mittals on 17:18 - Oct 20 with 1728 viewsDiscodroids

Mittals on 15:42 - Oct 20 by nadera78

And right at the time we're throwing blowjobs left, right and centre at the Chinese who are dumping on us cheap (and apparently substandard) steel that is subsidised by their government. Let's not discuss the risks involved in attaching ourselves at the hip to a shaky Chinese economy that the rest of the West is edging away from. And never even think about the horrors visited upon the ordinary Chinese by their overlords.

No, lets just take the pee out of a well-spoken Green MEP.

thanks, i will.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mittals on 19:52 - Oct 20 with 1525 viewsBrightonhoop

If it had been a failing Bank this lot would have propped it up with a bail out. Instead, they are courting the Chinese, who deliberately devalued their currency to flood the world with shyte exports just last month, including dodgy sub-standard steel.

Cameron hasn't got the b4lls to compete internationally, too busy f king dead pigs....
Mittals on 22:09 - Oct 20 with 1407 viewsMrSheen

Mittals on 19:52 - Oct 20 by Brightonhoop

If it had been a failing Bank this lot would have propped it up with a bail out. Instead, they are courting the Chinese, who deliberately devalued their currency to flood the world with shyte exports just last month, including dodgy sub-standard steel.

Cameron hasn't got the b4lls to compete internationally, too busy f king dead pigs....

The Chinese devalued by about 2% against the dollar, after years of gentle appreciation. If anyone is depreciating their currency to flood the world with their exports, its the Japanese. Good quality exports too.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=CNY&view=10Y

Sadly there's no comeback for British iron ore and underground coal, if you saw how it was mined in Australia. Coal prices worldwide have been smashed by the availability of shale gas, it's virtually being given away. Not such a bad thing, either.
Mittals on 22:30 - Oct 20 with 1358 viewsBrightonhoop

Mittals on 22:09 - Oct 20 by MrSheen

The Chinese devalued by about 2% against the dollar, after years of gentle appreciation. If anyone is depreciating their currency to flood the world with their exports, its the Japanese. Good quality exports too.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=CNY&view=10Y

Sadly there's no comeback for British iron ore and underground coal, if you saw how it was mined in Australia. Coal prices worldwide have been smashed by the availability of shale gas, it's virtually being given away. Not such a bad thing, either.

2% but look at the major panic for Chinese investors getting wiped out though. If the coal was sourced, there's alot down there, it would feed a steel industry to compete in world Ship Building. The word wants to buy British but with Cameron and Co UK can't even get a hard on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024