Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their Goal 19:21 - Mar 18 with 2903 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pretty decent. Only the second time I've clapped an opposition goal. The other being Nicky Maynard's.
Their Goal on 19:23 - Mar 18 with 2896 viewsBoston

I've never clapped a goal scored against us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Their Goal on 20:02 - Mar 18 with 2779 viewsnix

I clapped it. As did most QPR fans. Cracking goal.
Their Goal on 20:04 - Mar 18 with 2764 viewsbosh67

I clapped it too. Fantastic goal. Unstoppable.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Their Goal on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 2728 viewssmegma

Their Goal on 20:04 - Mar 18 by bosh67

I clapped it too. Fantastic goal. Unstoppable.

Only the second time I've clapped an opposition goal. The first time was in 1991 although looking at the clip I could've sworn the goal was about 40 yards out ??!!
Their Goal (n/t) on 20:23 - Mar 18 with 2706 viewssmegma

Their Goal on 20:20 - Mar 18 by smegma

Only the second time I've clapped an opposition goal. The first time was in 1991 although looking at the clip I could've sworn the goal was about 40 yards out ??!!

Helps if I include the link
[Post edited 18 Mar 2017 20:27]
Their Goal on 20:37 - Mar 18 with 2644 viewsessextaxiboy

It was a decent knock down and such a clean hit .It went like a rocket .I applauded it and got some pelters from neighbours...
Their Goal on 20:54 - Mar 18 with 2594 viewseccles

yep, me too! hell of a belt. deserved a round of applause.
Their Goal on 20:54 - Mar 18 with 2590 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That Platt goal was far better than the camera portrayed it. I was in the Loft and we all applauded instinctively. That clip doesn't do it justice.

The goal today my be the same. Clearly it was a fine goal, judging by all of your reactions, but it didn't look extra-special to me until I started hearing your reports.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Their Goal on 21:18 - Mar 18 with 2528 viewsqueensparker

I clapped that one Ipswich got this season, that was a cracker as well

I remember when I first started going in the early 80s clapping oppo's goals was quite common (well in Ellerslie, not really on the terraces)
Their Goal on 21:50 - Mar 18 with 2431 viewsEsgaroth

I sit at the back of the Loft and had a perfect view of the goal today. Sweet strike which i fully admit to applauding. No i wouldn't have if it was the scum, or the fools or the fakes or a number of other clubs.

I love football at the end of the day and it was a pleasure to watch even if it was against us, It was flying in from the moment it left his boot, Smithies wasn't even close to getting a glove on it even though he was at full stretch.

Shoddy marking tho

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Their Goal on 22:22 - Mar 18 with 2318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Glad it t applause. That's as it should be. Followed quickly by a howl of Youuuuuuu Rrrrrrrrrrs'!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Their Goal on 22:22 - Mar 18 with 2318 viewsBoston

I'm still not clapping.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Their Goal on 22:37 - Mar 18 with 2276 viewsRoller

I've applauded a couple of goals by Kaspars Gorkss against us, neither were struck as well as this one.
Their Goal on 01:24 - Mar 19 with 2092 views1MoreBrightonR

We both applauded....It was a great finish. Though i think the general applause was aided by the fact that the game was pretty meaningless and we all.kind of felt we would still win it it. There wasn't exactly any anger or competitiveness today.
Their Goal on 07:43 - Mar 19 with 1984 viewsHayesender

I had £5 on a 5-0 win, so I didn't clap 😭

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Their Goal on 07:49 - Mar 19 with 1969 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everyone around clapped so I thought 'f'k it' and did too it was a great goal.

The last time I saw the loft clap an opposition goal was Ryan Giggs going around 3 players and looping the ball over Stejskal. (I think, it's the one I remember)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Their Goal on 11:04 - Mar 19 with 1744 viewsloftus77

Their Goal on 01:24 - Mar 19 by 1MoreBrightonR

We both applauded....It was a great finish. Though i think the general applause was aided by the fact that the game was pretty meaningless and we all.kind of felt we would still win it it. There wasn't exactly any anger or competitiveness today.

Yep - this is the point isn't it?

I don't recall Bobby's instinctive strike (a worldie) being applauded by many Derby fans as a 'thing of beauty'.
Their Goal on 11:27 - Mar 19 with 1711 viewsingeminate

Their Goal on 11:04 - Mar 19 by loftus77

I don't recall Bobby's instinctive strike (a worldie) being applauded by many Derby fans as a 'thing of beauty'.

If memory serves most of the crowd clapped ferdinand's against us when he played for Newcastle - think Dichio got a brace that day, but we lost, maybe 3-2.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Their Goal on 11:28 - Mar 19 with 1708 viewssmegma

Their Goal on 11:04 - Mar 19 by loftus77

No, just a 'fooking w@nkers' expressed by the hero in red.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 20:44]
Their Goal on 13:34 - Mar 19 with 1585 viewsBluce_Ree

Their Goal on 11:27 - Mar 19 by ingeminate

If memory serves most of the crowd clapped ferdinand's against us when he played for Newcastle - think Dichio got a brace that day, but we lost, maybe 3-2.

Aye. Newcastle were really good that day. Aided in no small part though by Karl Ready being gash.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Their Goal on 10:19 - Mar 20 with 1313 viewsW7Ranger

Clapped it. Great strike.
Their Goal on 10:25 - Mar 20 with 1308 viewsQPRChris

I thought it was a lovely finish,. I sit/stand up in the Q block and everyone up there clapped their goal. Very nice piece of sportsmanship showed by our fans. Showing our class once again.
Their Goal on 11:26 - Mar 20 with 1278 viewscaliforniahoop

The only time I ever did was watching Frank Worthington bang a volley over Parkes, great goal.
Their Goal on 11:34 - Mar 20 with 1268 viewssimmo

Little clap from me, I was right behind it and it was in from moment he hit it, great effort. I think it was better received as we kind of knew the game was gonna be ours and for their part the fans deserved something like that to cheer. Maynard and Coates still the best goals at LR, the former I was there for and clapped. Almost did for Shelveys this season too but was too pissed off at the time.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024