Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsbrough 11:35 - Jun 28 with 5769 viewsdaveB

Justice getting closer, Duckenfield is facing manslaughter charges

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-40419819

Hillsbrough on 13:38 - Jun 28 with 4466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good.

However....."No organisation will face corporate charges... CPS chief Sue Hemming revealed earlier."
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 13:40]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hillsbrough on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 4444 viewsJuzzie

About time and let's have none of this 'too ill to stand trial' malarky.

Let's just hope it doesn't take 30 years for the same to happen with the Grenfell Tower tradegy.
Hillsbrough on 13:59 - Jun 28 with 4411 viewspaulparker

Its fair to say Duckenfield is going to be the fall guy and deservedly so , but I do hope he has the balls to name and shame and take a few with him which are shall we say "above " him and who more than likely helped the cover up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hillsbrough on 17:19 - Jun 28 with 4257 viewsTGRRRSSS

Still plenty of wriggle room I suspect, doubt any will see the inside of a prison cell.

Will they be stripped of their pensions? tthe Cops mkainly.

Still cant see why companies cannot face action, especially SYPF

Oh and West MIdlands too.

I see Sheff Weds get out of it, are no directords alive to face this? Other than one bloke.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 17:20]
Hillsbrough on 19:04 - Jun 28 with 4182 viewsonlyrinmoray

Whilst Ive every sympathy for those families affected by Hillsborough I always find it disturbing how Hysel and the loss of life there is convenitely forgotten by Liverpool or do they remember it in any way ?
Hillsbrough on 19:06 - Jun 28 with 4176 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Graham Mackrell, who is one of the charged, used to work for us as COO.

http://qprreport.blogspot.co.uk/2006/11/qpr-reportedly-axe-graham-mackrell.html?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:10]
Hillsbrough on 19:13 - Jun 28 with 4164 viewsMrSheen

Hillsbrough on 19:06 - Jun 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Graham Mackrell, who is one of the charged, used to work for us as COO.

http://qprreport.blogspot.co.uk/2006/11/qpr-reportedly-axe-graham-mackrell.html?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:10]

He was Wednesday's company secretary, responsible for safety.
Hillsbrough on 19:30 - Jun 28 with 4141 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hillsbrough on 19:13 - Jun 28 by MrSheen

He was Wednesday's company secretary, responsible for safety.

I didn't realise that he worked for us.

The charges against him could amount to something or they may not.

I have experience of this as I was charged with corporate manslaughter over an awful incident in East London where a woman tragically lost her life. The rules at the time stated that everybody from the labourers involved to the Managing Director were charged, including the Director responsible for Safety. It was then up to each individual to prove his/her innocence. Luckily, my records were good and I had to a certain extent written proof that I was unconnected to the tragedy and charges against me were dropped.

A rough law, but entirely necessary in corporate cases like this one. it does mean, however, that many of those charges are innocent but that law dictates that they be charged in the first instance.

Login to get fewer ads

Hillsbrough on 23:19 - Jun 28 with 4003 viewsBrightonhoop

Hillsbrough on 19:30 - Jun 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I have experience of this as I was charged with corporate manslaughter over an awful incident in East London where a woman tragically lost her life. The rules at the time stated that everybody from the labourers involved to the Managing Director were charged, including the Director responsible for Safety. It was then up to each individual to prove his/her innocence. Luckily, my records were good and I had to a certain extent written proof that I was unconnected to the tragedy and charges against me were dropped.

A rough law, but entirely necessary in corporate cases like this one. it does mean, however, that many of those charges are innocent but that law dictates that they be charged in the first instance.

What an awful experience Brian. I guess that rigidity is necessary to keep all in line.
Amazing that no Corporate charges have been brought.
I wonder if they will claim no chance of a fair trial based in previous exposes.
Hillsbrough on 23:45 - Jun 28 with 3973 viewsBoston

Hillsbrough on 19:30 - Jun 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I was charged with attempted murder once, told 'em my name was Brian McCarthy

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hillsbrough on 23:49 - Jun 28 with 3967 viewsjohncharles

Will no one think of their pensions

Strong and stable my arse.

Hillsbrough on 09:12 - Jun 29 with 3848 viewssmegma

Hillsbrough on 19:04 - Jun 28 by onlyrinmoray

Whilst Ive every sympathy for those families affected by Hillsborough I always find it disturbing how Hysel and the loss of life there is convenitely forgotten by Liverpool or do they remember it in any way ?

They're not conveniently forgotten. Liverpool send a party every year to Juve to commemorate the tragedy.. Some scouse fans went to court. It's taken 28 years to get to this stage.
Hillsbrough on 10:07 - Jun 29 with 3813 viewsTheChef

Whole thing is dodgy as hell.

Liverpool played there in a league game January 1989 and had no issues with entering the ground or crowd control.

So many cock ups and odd decisions on the day and in the run up to the game; collusion of SYP, media and government. If you look online you'll find some allegations that the events of that day were not entirely accidental. Look what happened to football just a few years after, and the state of the game now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hillsbrough on 10:47 - Jun 29 with 3773 viewsMrSheen

Hillsbrough on 10:07 - Jun 29 by TheChef

Whole thing is dodgy as hell.

Liverpool played there in a league game January 1989 and had no issues with entering the ground or crowd control.

So many cock ups and odd decisions on the day and in the run up to the game; collusion of SYP, media and government. If you look online you'll find some allegations that the events of that day were not entirely accidental. Look what happened to football just a few years after, and the state of the game now.

Wednesday - Liverpool league attendance 31,524
Liverpool - Forest cup attendance 48,894
Hillsbrough on 11:02 - Jun 29 with 3753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hillsbrough on 23:19 - Jun 28 by Brightonhoop

What an awful experience Brian. I guess that rigidity is necessary to keep all in line.
Amazing that no Corporate charges have been brought.
I wonder if they will claim no chance of a fair trial based in previous exposes.

It was shocking. I can still see that poor woman's blood all over the pavement. It haunted me for many years, still does to a certain degree.

The law is an excellent one. There is no doubt that if it wasn't for the company I worked for that lady would have lived that morning. Only right that we were all charged and made to prove our innocence.

As for Hillsborough, each person charged will need to be lucky on two fronts: firstly, he'll need to convince the authorities of his innocence; secondly, he'll have to convince himself every night when the light goes out.

Hillsbrough on 11:08 - Jun 29 with 3739 viewsTheChef

Hillsbrough on 10:47 - Jun 29 by MrSheen

Wednesday - Liverpool league attendance 31,524
Liverpool - Forest cup attendance 48,894

No doubting the differences in attendance.

It's the difference in crowd control procedures between those two matches, and why that was the case.

Hillsbrough on 11:22 - Jun 29 with 3718 viewsNorthernr

Hillsbrough on 11:08 - Jun 29 by TheChef

It's the difference in crowd control procedures between those two matches, and why that was the case.

well because one was a league match and they were the away team and one was a semi final with 20,000 more people and they got an equal allocation.

Is there anything that's happened in the last 30 years that you don't think was a massive government conspiracy?
Hillsbrough on 11:28 - Jun 29 with 3700 viewsMrSheen

Hillsbrough on 11:08 - Jun 29 by TheChef

I would also think that the police and turnstile operators would have been on the lookout for forged tickets for a sold-out game. Considering each turnstile had to admit a person every two-to-three seconds to get everyone into a sold-out terrace in an hour, even a quick glance would have led to overcrowding outside. (if I recall, there were seven turnstiles for the terrace, or one for 1,400 capacity).
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 11:31]
Hillsbrough on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 3673 viewsTheChef

Hillsbrough on 11:22 - Jun 29 by Northernr

well because one was a league match and they were the away team and one was a semi final with 20,000 more people and they got an equal allocation.

Is there anything that's happened in the last 30 years that you don't think was a massive government conspiracy?

No, not really! Although the last 30 years is a bit limiting ;)

Let's just say I don't believe in coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

Hillsbrough on 12:16 - Jun 29 with 3607 viewsisawqpratwcity

About f*cking time.

I had previously viewed the disaster as inevitable caused by a failure of stadium design - but I hadn't realised the extent of the criminal negligence of crowd control that day, nor of the attribution of blame to the victims to deflect culpability.

Let's not forget, too, the government mentality of the time that the terraces were for people who had to be caged.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hillsbrough on 12:32 - Jun 29 with 3548 viewsMrSheen

Hillsbrough on 12:16 - Jun 29 by isawqpratwcity

About f*cking time.

I had previously viewed the disaster as inevitable caused by a failure of stadium design - but I hadn't realised the extent of the criminal negligence of crowd control that day, nor of the attribution of blame to the victims to deflect culpability.

Let's not forget, too, the government mentality of the time that the terraces were for people who had to be caged.

Do any of the German football fans know why they still have fences there, and if there is any controversy about it? Google has plenty of articles about safe standing, but almost nothing about fences. Apparently FIFA wanted to get rid of them in 2001.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 12:33]
Hillsbrough on 16:36 - Jun 29 with 3442 viewsderbyhoop

IMHO, the tragedy was down to a whole series of events combined.
I'm sure I went to Hillsborough a month or so before the semi final and the tunnel immediately in front of the turnstiles drew the fans like a magnet. There had been difficulties at previous big games. The management on the day (Dukinfield et al) was dreadful. Too many fans arrived too late. Opening the gates. The fences that were installed as an overreaction to events at other games in the 1980s. The failure to recognise a potential tragedy as opposed to yet another example of football hooliganism. The delay in getting medical staff to the problem areas. All of these were factors.
But, to then try to cover up the mistakes was and is unforgivable.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hillsbrough on 16:46 - Jun 29 with 3431 viewsthorpebankR

I was at Hillsborough a few weeks before the disaster when we played them. There was only about 500 Rangers fans there from memory but I remember the police forcing us into the tunnel which was then packed and making us wait before opening the pen behind the goal.
Hillsbrough on 17:09 - Jun 29 with 3403 viewstraininvain

Recently read this book and it is very good. Was in tears during the first couple of chapters as it is very graphic and stomach turning.

It deals with not only the Hillsborough tragedy but also the evolution of football since that tragic day including the formation of the Premiership etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HTPVQGQ/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btk
Hillsbrough on 20:10 - Jun 29 with 3337 viewsTGRRRSSS

There was an earlier near miss with Spurs fans in 1981 Semi Final, there was an interesting documentary a year or so ago about Hillsborough and some of the mistakes in the initial planning compared to the semi final the year before (also with Liverpool playing) which show where things happened which spiralled out of control and lead to inevitable disaster.

South Yorks Police should also be investigated here but it's so many years ago now that it's easier I guess to go after individuals but I am sure many more who are involved especially in the subsequent cover up will escape, including the government of the day and the people in charge of the FA and others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024