Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
review of loftus road 12:24 - May 17 with 3343 viewsenfieldargh

A poor venue for 'away' fans. The view is not great with the roof being so low you feel boxed in. Some seats have badly restricted view too. Good to see the real ale bar.

The real Ale bar I can only assume was after he left the ground?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

review of loftus road on 12:30 - May 17 with 3294 viewsenfieldargh

Might be a small stadium, but it has very good accommodations and QPR supporters make a great ambience!!!

captains fantastic

review of loftus road on 12:44 - May 17 with 3242 viewsbosh67

I have no idea why our ground can't be redesigned to hold over 20,000 again. Clever design and a new roof would make that possible.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

review of loftus road on 12:50 - May 17 with 3210 viewsJuzzie

There's a real ale bar on the concourse under block V/W in Ellerslie Road. Only saw it at the Sheff Weds game as I'm usually the other end.
No one at all buying from it yet queues of people waiting to buy flavoured pi55 water from the main catering areas. Heathens.
review of loftus road on 12:51 - May 17 with 3208 viewsToast_R

review of loftus road on 12:44 - May 17 by bosh67

I have no idea why our ground can't be redesigned to hold over 20,000 again. Clever design and a new roof would make that possible.

I'd rather they dropped it to 15,000 and sorted the ridiculous leg room problem out.
review of loftus road on 12:52 - May 17 with 3203 viewsDannyPaddox

'Safe piggy-backing' would get the capacity up to 30,000.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 12:55]
review of loftus road on 13:11 - May 17 with 3098 viewsTonto

mainly becuase of modern planning/health and sety requirements for stadia, which have moved on considerably since the 80s. there simply int the room on the concourses to add more, becuase yu would need to comply with these standards to do so.

Which basically measn a new stadium or buying up all the land around LR

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

review of loftus road on 13:17 - May 17 with 3075 viewsenfieldargh

review of loftus road on 13:11 - May 17 by Tonto

mainly becuase of modern planning/health and sety requirements for stadia, which have moved on considerably since the 80s. there simply int the room on the concourses to add more, becuase yu would need to comply with these standards to do so.

Which basically measn a new stadium or buying up all the land around LR

so buying up the houses along LR & Ellerslie would have cost 150 million?

We spent how much on players?

captains fantastic

review of loftus road on 13:18 - May 17 with 3058 viewsTonto

but watching players (no matter how over paid/under whelming they are) is better than watching some contractors stick up a new building?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

review of loftus road on 14:07 - May 17 with 2913 viewsJuzzie

"buying up all the land around LR"

Unless that comment was tongue-in-cheek then......arrrrrggggghhhhh. This has been done to death. It's just not possible, affordable, practical etc.

Football fans (and I agree that's a broad genaralisation) think everything is just so easy. "buy xxxx players" "play xxxx formation" "buy all the houses in Ellerslie road" and so on. Yes, it really is all so easy isn't it.

Quite frankly why anyone would want to own and run a football club these days is beyond me what with the insane costs involved and dealing with an impossible to please audience.
review of loftus road on 14:13 - May 17 with 2891 viewsDorse

review of loftus road on 12:52 - May 17 by DannyPaddox

'Safe piggy-backing' would get the capacity up to 30,000.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 12:55]

I would give the idea of a floating derigible stand some consideration. It could loom over the pitch and fans would strapped to the underside. This has the benefit of unrestricted views, shade in the summer and a rain cover for the winter. Obviously, we'd need to be careful about smokers: we don't want any 'Oh, the humanity!' moments.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

review of loftus road on 15:40 - May 17 with 2742 viewskensalriser

review of loftus road on 13:17 - May 17 by enfieldargh

so buying up the houses along LR & Ellerslie would have cost 150 million?

We spent how much on players?

It's less about the cost and more about the practicality. Those houses are mostly (if not all) in private ownership. Some owners, probably many, wouldn't want to sell. What then?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

review of loftus road on 15:44 - May 17 with 2725 viewsBlackCrowe

review of loftus road on 15:40 - May 17 by kensalriser

It's less about the cost and more about the practicality. Those houses are mostly (if not all) in private ownership. Some owners, probably many, wouldn't want to sell. What then?

Everyone's got their price....offer 10X market value if need be...whatever it takes.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

review of loftus road on 15:52 - May 17 with 2692 viewsLunarJetman

review of loftus road on 15:44 - May 17 by BlackCrowe

Everyone's got their price....offer 10X market value if need be...whatever it takes.

Yep that's exactly how it works.... why has no-one thought of this before....
review of loftus road on 16:06 - May 17 with 2653 viewsBoston

....yeah, one you can’t refuse. Names Gambino

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

review of loftus road on 16:15 - May 17 with 2619 viewsderbyhoop

Come on Bosh, this has been done to death.
The footprint of the stadium just doesn't allow for any significant expansion and the cost of redesigning the place to squeeze in another 1-2,000 fans does not justify it.

When Pride Park was opened the capacity was around 30,000 and there was one corner open and undeveloped. The cost of filling in the gaps to add 4,000 was about half the cost of the original stadium.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

review of loftus road on 16:17 - May 17 with 2613 viewskensalriser

Let's say there are around 50 houses in the road, but we're only talking about one side, so call it 25. Current value might be 1.5m each, but most are split into flats so conservatively it could be 60 dwellings at 500k each. That's 30m market value. Even if you think it would be worth 300m, what about the other side of the road?

That's without even thinking about planning permission.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

review of loftus road on 17:21 - May 17 with 2450 viewsJuzzie

review of loftus road on 16:17 - May 17 by kensalriser

Let's say there are around 50 houses in the road, but we're only talking about one side, so call it 25. Current value might be 1.5m each, but most are split into flats so conservatively it could be 60 dwellings at 500k each. That's 30m market value. Even if you think it would be worth 300m, what about the other side of the road?

That's without even thinking about planning permission.

I actually did the maths a while back (and put in a post at the time) and it's way more than that. As said they're all individually owned flats now as and you're looking at around 150 properties. That's 150 people to deal with + 150 lawyers. If we use £500k per flat as a round figure, multiple that by 150 and that's £75m straight away before you even look at legal costs, inflated costs to make it attractive to them to sell, demolition costs etc.

It would hit £100m+ I reckon.

Non starter.
review of loftus road on 17:26 - May 17 with 2435 viewsBlackCrowe

Slightly concerned that my earlier post appears to have been taken seriously. Admittedly it wasn't very funny but i had hoped it might have registered on the sarcasm indicator.

[Post edited 17 May 2018 17:28]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

review of loftus road on 17:54 - May 17 with 2367 viewsstevec

I thought basement flats were all the rage in my old part of the world these days, if we dig down say 100 foot we could have a three tiered stand and no one outside LR would even know.
review of loftus road on 18:12 - May 17 with 2319 viewssmegma

review of loftus road on 12:50 - May 17 by Juzzie

There's a real ale bar on the concourse under block V/W in Ellerslie Road. Only saw it at the Sheff Weds game as I'm usually the other end.
No one at all buying from it yet queues of people waiting to buy flavoured pi55 water from the main catering areas. Heathens.

No one buying from it for a reason.
review of loftus road on 18:22 - May 17 with 2305 viewsJuzzie

review of loftus road on 18:12 - May 17 by smegma

No one buying from it for a reason.

What would that be?! I never had one myself as I was driving and I'm virtually tee-total these days () so one sip and I'd be over the limit!
review of loftus road on 23:56 - May 17 with 1998 viewsBoston

review of loftus road on 18:22 - May 17 by Juzzie

What would that be?! I never had one myself as I was driving and I'm virtually tee-total these days () so one sip and I'd be over the limit!

Lager doesn't hold the legal rights to flavoured piss.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

review of loftus road on 00:26 - May 18 with 1952 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

review of loftus road on 23:56 - May 17 by Boston

Lager doesn't hold the legal rights to flavoured piss.

I think the fact that we need to have one bar for 'Real Ale' and one bar for lager, cider, wine, chips, crisps, chocolate, burgers, pies, hot dogs, speaks volumes.

What we really need is a cheese room.

*EDIT Pies
[Post edited 18 May 2018 0:28]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024