Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road 16:15 - Aug 22 with 9243 viewsHooping_Mad

We had 12000 last night and the club want a new statdium again !

How many fell for the OOC lies? They are not fit and proper people to run a football club and based on no evidence than my gut feeling I don't trust our owners one jot.

My real concern is that Amit is being presented as a "friendly face" while the club is about to get used by Tony and Co for a bit of property development.

We must not allow them to fcuk us again, they have shown time and time again they cannot be trusted and lie with abandon.

They promised us European football, new facilities but now they think they can sell our home and leave us tied to another one of their dodgy deals in a "new"ground. A new ground rented from Tony and CO at a hugely inflated rate.

I could of course be completely wrong but I think we should use some fan power to direct the club on how we want it run.

We need facilities to develop a team not a new ground to display the lack of the aforementioned.

It's time we stand our ground, LR is our home.

Come on U R'ss

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:26 - Aug 22 with 6953 viewsBushRanger82

I wouldn't trust those idiots in our boardroom, to run a Whelk stall on Southend pier.
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:27 - Aug 22 with 6945 viewsMedwayR

I can’t believe I’m responding to this gibberish but here goes...

We had 12000 last night and the club want a new statdium again ! - Irrelevant. A new stadium isn’t about attendances, it’s about increasing revenue. Besides, attendances tend to increase with new stadiums.

How many fell for the OOC lies? They are not fit and proper people to run a football club and based on no evidence than my gut feeling I don't trust our owners one jot. - What lies?

My real concern is that Amit is being presented as a "friendly face" while the club is about to get used by Tony and Co for a bit of property development. - If they wanted property development they’d do just that, spinking £250m+ on a football club just for some property development later on is an immensely shite business plan that not even our owners would concoct.

We must not allow them to fcuk us again, they have shown time and time again they cannot be trusted and lie with abandon. - Again, what lies, be more specific? And what would you suggest?

They promised us European football, new facilities but now they think they can sell our home and leave us tied to another one of their dodgy deals in a "new"ground. A new ground rented from Tony and CO at a hugely inflated rate. - What promises? Can you back up your claims here?

I could of course be completely wrong but I think we should use some fan power to direct the club on how we want it run. - How?

Poll: Who’s better?

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:31 - Aug 22 with 6911 viewsbosh67

Yes, much as I really like Hoos and everything he is about...

1. Get a football team that plays entertaining football and a squad of experience and youth to do so.
2. Play that football to a level of consistency that entertains the fans and makes them want to show up.
3. Build the fan base that comes to Loftus Road based on points 1 and 2.
4. When more than 18000 people turn up for this on a regular basis then get a bigger ground.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 6893 viewsNov77

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:27 - Aug 22 by MedwayR

We had 12000 last night and the club want a new statdium again ! - Irrelevant. A new stadium isn’t about attendances, it’s about increasing revenue. Besides, attendances tend to increase with new stadiums.

How many fell for the OOC lies? They are not fit and proper people to run a football club and based on no evidence than my gut feeling I don't trust our owners one jot. - What lies?

My real concern is that Amit is being presented as a "friendly face" while the club is about to get used by Tony and Co for a bit of property development. - If they wanted property development they’d do just that, spinking £250m+ on a football club just for some property development later on is an immensely shite business plan that not even our owners would concoct.

We must not allow them to fcuk us again, they have shown time and time again they cannot be trusted and lie with abandon. - Again, what lies, be more specific? And what would you suggest?

They promised us European football, new facilities but now they think they can sell our home and leave us tied to another one of their dodgy deals in a "new"ground. A new ground rented from Tony and CO at a hugely inflated rate. - What promises? Can you back up your claims here?

I could of course be completely wrong but I think we should use some fan power to direct the club on how we want it run. - How?

ok, heres a prediction for you, moving to a new stadium will mean our crowds go down, not up, especially if the football being served up remains the same.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:34 - Aug 22 with 6877 viewsHooping_Mad

I'm not going to do a point by point rebuttal as it's not good reading for everyone else, but really do you not remember Tony's promise of European Football?

I didn't think he meant pre-season tours of Italy, but if he did then I am wrong.

All the statement by the board are out there, some people have just filtered them with their rose tinted memories !

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:42 - Aug 22 with 6813 viewsPlanetHonneywood

But we are really, really proper right royally fookin’ fcuked up the wazoo, by that living, breathing, walking Master of Disaster idiot bellend of a fukwittery knob cheese egocock-sucker former chairman of ours though!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:43 - Aug 22 with 6805 viewsMedwayR

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:34 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

I'm not going to do a point by point rebuttal as it's not good reading for everyone else, but really do you not remember Tony's promise of European Football?

I didn't think he meant pre-season tours of Italy, but if he did then I am wrong.

All the statement by the board are out there, some people have just filtered them with their rose tinted memories !

No I don’t. I remember Briatore saying it but not Fernandes. I’m not saying he didn’t but I certainly don’t remember it, but then maybe that’s because i take most of what he says with a pinch of salt. There’s also a difference between aspirations & promises.

As for the rest, I think what you mean is that you can’t back up your claims.

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 6788 viewsMedwayR

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:31 - Aug 22 by bosh67

1. Get a football team that plays entertaining football and a squad of experience and youth to do so.
2. Play that football to a level of consistency that entertains the fans and makes them want to show up.
4. When more than 18000 people turn up for this on a regular basis then get a bigger ground.

I agree but a new stadium isn’t about attendances, it’s about revenue of which attendances are only a part of.

Login to get fewer ads

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:56 - Aug 22 with 6729 viewsHooping_Mad

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:43 - Aug 22 by MedwayR

No I don’t. I remember Briatore saying it but not Fernandes. I’m not saying he didn’t but I certainly don’t remember it, but then maybe that’s because i take most of what he says with a pinch of salt. There’s also a difference between aspirations & promises.

As for the rest, I think what you mean is that you can’t back up your claims.

You may be right about Briatore, that's fair.

However Tony came here for to make a profit not to be a sugar daddy.

Here's an article that backs up your point on the europe promise but also mine on his reason for being here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8710957/QPR

He wants a profit, anyway he can make it. Our "history" is of no meaning to him if it stands in the way of a profit.

The thing is with promotion, parachute payments and TV money he still couldn't make a pennny!

What makes you think he can get this right without fcuking us?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 16:57]

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:59 - Aug 22 with 6704 viewsDorse

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:42 - Aug 22 by PlanetHonneywood

But we are really, really proper right royally fookin’ fcuked up the wazoo, by that living, breathing, walking Master of Disaster idiot bellend of a fukwittery knob cheese egocock-sucker former chairman of ours though!!!

I may be wrong but I think I can detect an undertone of hostility there.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:01 - Aug 22 with 6697 viewsJamesB1979

Income on match days whether 12k or 25k doesn’t really make that much difference. As has been mentioned, we need to boost our income the other 5-6 days a week and in summmer when there is no football.
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:05 - Aug 22 with 6662 viewsHooping_Mad

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:01 - Aug 22 by JamesB1979

Income on match days whether 12k or 25k doesn’t really make that much difference. As has been mentioned, we need to boost our income the other 5-6 days a week and in summmer when there is no football.

I agree that increased income from "Events" would help, but LR has done that in the past why did it stop?

If it's a parking issue does that mean Tony will build us a lovely big car park in W12 for match days, I not sure about that you know.

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:08 - Aug 22 with 6645 viewsbarbicanranger

As much as we love Loftus Road. The one good thing this Board could do in the next few years to change the path we are on is the new training ground and a new stadium. I am 100% agreement of the argument the club has shared. White City is on the up, the LCS site albeit on the fringe of the area would generate the additional revenues 7 days a week that our small, under-powered club desperately needs. Gigs and events during the summer whilst so close to Westfield, the redeveloped BBC studios and the wider west london catchment area would be invaluable. I lived two streets away from Loftus Road and walked passed it every day on my way to work. It's a ghost town in the summer, the asset is worthless in that sense.
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:15 - Aug 22 with 6604 viewsHooping_Mad

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:08 - Aug 22 by barbicanranger

As much as we love Loftus Road. The one good thing this Board could do in the next few years to change the path we are on is the new training ground and a new stadium. I am 100% agreement of the argument the club has shared. White City is on the up, the LCS site albeit on the fringe of the area would generate the additional revenues 7 days a week that our small, under-powered club desperately needs. Gigs and events during the summer whilst so close to Westfield, the redeveloped BBC studios and the wider west london catchment area would be invaluable. I lived two streets away from Loftus Road and walked passed it every day on my way to work. It's a ghost town in the summer, the asset is worthless in that sense.

I think with different owners this would be my position as well, but this board?

I don't trust them anymore.

If Warren Farm & OOC are an indication of this boards competance in such matter, I doubt I'm alone in wanting them to leave well alone or build from the bottom up.

We need facilities to ensure their is a team to play in whatever stadium we end up in.

Everything Fernandes touches outside of AA turns to shit.

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:19 - Aug 22 with 6569 viewsitsbiga

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:15 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

I think with different owners this would be my position as well, but this board?

If Warren Farm & OOC are an indication of this boards competance in such matter, I doubt I'm alone in wanting them to leave well alone or build from the bottom up.

We need facilities to ensure their is a team to play in whatever stadium we end up in.

Air Asia is in doodoo too. Uncle Tony has been a nawty boy over there. Dude is shady.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:21 - Aug 22 with 6563 viewsDavieQPR

It's also the running cost at LR. The plumbing, electricity ,heating etc is so out
of date and is expensive to run.
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:26 - Aug 22 with 6543 viewsMedwayR

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:56 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

Here's an article that backs up your point on the europe promise but also mine on his reason for being here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8710957/QPR

He wants a profit, anyway he can make it. Our "history" is of no meaning to him if it stands in the way of a profit.

The thing is with promotion, parachute payments and TV money he still couldn't make a pennny!

That article is a good one to look back on. Arguably we could've made a profit if we'd stayed in the prem, but even then it's unlikely as proven by all the losses we made!! He clearly didn't have a plan and hadn't done sufficient due diligence. He talks of infrastructure and building blocks, I think that his intention was to build a new stadium that would ensure the club turned a profit whilst he/Tune Group would be able to use the club to raise their (and AirAsia's) profile. Their profile has certainly been raised but not for the right reasons and I doubt he's made much money from raising his profile. Basically, as we all know, he was and maybe still is to a degree, naive.

But none of that means he's out to make a profit from us as he'd have been far better off buying up land or other businesses rather than buying a football club. I think the main driver was raising his profile, which has worked but at huge expense.

Do I think he'll get the stadium move right...I'm not sure, I mean it's not all down to him as we have the other shareholders, Lee Hoos and more specifically Mark Donnelly who's main purpose is the new training ground & stadium. So what's Fernandes' role in securing a new stadium? No one really knows, maybe just securing financing now. Would I want him leading the stadium move? Hell no.

I understand why we need a new stadium and I'm desperate for us to get it right, my biggest fear isn't Fernandes or any of the owners, it's actually Lee Hoos. I think that Hoos is so focused on the bottom line & finances that we'll end up with the cheapest option to build, operate & maintain which will be a soulless bowl on whichever piece of land we can get. Does the ownership structure (renting from Tune Group) concern me? Yes, but let's cross that bridge when we get there. When we have secured some land we can, as a fanbase, communicate with the club to express our concerns over who owns the stadium, design etc.

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:48 - Aug 22 with 6460 viewsSimonJames

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:56 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

He has zero chance of turning round his loses and making a profit, unless we get back to the PL... and that ain't happening any season soon.

If making a profit is all he is interested in, then he would be well advised to cut his losses, walk away now and invest in something else.

100% of people who drink water will die.

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:01 - Aug 22 with 6394 viewsQPR_John

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 16:31 - Aug 22 by bosh67

There is a problem there and that is your point that 4 follows on from 1, 2 and 3 which pre FFP may have been viable whereas in reality in these FFP days 1, 2 and 3 requires the income from 4
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 18:03]
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:06 - Aug 22 with 6360 viewsbarbicanranger

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:15 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

Trust is certainly wearing thin, you wonder if the incompetence we have seen on the playing side is also rife on the non-playing side. It does seem strange how Brentford, Spurs, Arsenal, etc. have all made decent strides in areas where we are struggling, that said the issues at warren farm are well documented publicly and it seems like the club have been up against it.

I still hope/believe with Bhatia and Hoos on-board that a project such as this could be executed appropriately.

I'm in San Diego, and what I find funny is what a success Ruben has made of LAFC - appreciate a lot of different dynamics at play (completely new club vs. a load of stubborn git existing fans) but he has done an amazing job there, great stadium, playing some of the best football in the MLS, some exciting players...
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:08 - Aug 22 with 6351 viewsJuzzie

I wouldn't take last night's attendance as any kind of barometer. We're playing shite, losing shitlier so naturally crowds are going to suffer especially midweek and still during the holiday season.

If we did use that kind of thing as a gauge then let's choose the Leeds home game at the end of the Championship winning season and by that token we'd need a 50k stadium.

We do need a new ground, as much as we all love Loftus Road. It's not just about non match day revenue as has been mentioned but actually being fit for purpose on match days itself.
Proper changing rooms for the players and officials, proper media facilities inc. post-match interviews, catering/hospitality, trophy room (ok, that one's probably not so important) and so on.
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:33 - Aug 22 with 6241 viewsDWQPR

The OP certainly has got the hump. What is hamstringing the club at the moment is the FFP rules, not the fine. I am sure that the board would prefer to spend another £40million to try and get us back to the PL in order to boost turnover but the rules state we can’t, not for the time being. Meanwhile the new three year overspend average is showing its dynamic flaws as we see clubs now going for broke hoping to get promotion and thus not having to present three years of accounts to the FL. Wolves did it successfully and Sheff. Wednesday bolloxed it up. And we will see more and more of this causing those clubs that fail to fall into greater difficulty financially aided and abetted by an FFP fine.

I personally think the board have been sincere in their ambitions, as stated that if there was an underhand plan then spending £250million ain’t the way to do it. OOC they made mistakes and didn’t appreciate the enemy they made out of Cargiant. LCS looks the only option and it now seems that they are going on a huge charm offensive. They need it but, we also need it built as quickly as possible and I suspect that if they get the green light then they won’t waste time, whatever our league position is. And Warren Farm, that will get built. The club have spent so much time and energy on this and are now only one step from a successful outcome. Unfortunately our biggest problem isn’t the board but being a mid-size London club. Similar regional clubs can run their accounts more cheaply than us as they don’t have the ‘London factor’, they can build new stadiums on land but that is so much cheaper. The board hasn’t stood still though. They’ve invested heavily in OOC, profits which they have already stated will, with the redevelopment of Loftus Road will be used to fund the new ground. They have never even suggested that LR is sold first before the new ground commences and that we move to a temporary home (that’s the time to become wary - just ask any Brighton supporter). Our day will come again. It did after relegation in 2001 and it will come again except next time we will be better equipped.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:35 - Aug 22 with 6237 viewsJamesB1979

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:05 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

I agree that increased income from "Events" would help, but LR has done that in the past why did it stop?

If it's a parking issue does that mean Tony will build us a lovely big car park in W12 for match days, I not sure about that you know.

Ask your non-qpr mates to give an impartial view of our ground as a venue.
We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:49 - Aug 22 with 6178 viewsCamberleyR

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 17:05 - Aug 22 by Hooping_Mad

Not exactly common occurrences though were they? Barry McGuigan boxing for a world title, an England B game and the occasional international friendly hardly qualifies as a regular income stream.

Other than staging football matches, LR can't really be used for much else. It doesn't even have anywhere for example where the club POTY do can be held.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 21:01 - Aug 22 with 5929 viewsHooping_Mad

We can not let this Board sell Loftus Road on 18:49 - Aug 22 by CamberleyR

Not exactly common occurrences though were they? Barry McGuigan boxing for a world title, an England B game and the occasional international friendly hardly qualifies as a regular income stream.

Other than staging football matches, LR can't really be used for much else. It doesn't even have anywhere for example where the club POTY do can be held.

Fair points, even my eldest says it's like a rabbit hutch. Apt as it matches our playing style currently.

and again, yes the events were few and far between. Could we try a positive spin by at least not talking LR down so openly? we may be there a while and could do with some extra income.

I don't subscribe to sacred ground either, the principal is sound even if the timing seems a bit odd.

But, I do honestly remain to be convinced that the current owners can complete this project with only half an eye on proceedings. Beard was supposed to be the One in this regard and look how that ended. How much was spent on consultations over OOC? those consultants and agents do very nicely out Mr Fernandes time and time again

Oh for a clean slate and some sanity.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024