Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of the darkness — Report 00:35 - Dec 19 with 6635 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness — Report 19th Dec 2022 00:01
Stop me if you heard this one before but, just as everybody was out, QPR dragged them all back in again with a performance and result bordering on the professional and competent, just when we least expected it, at Preston. 12

Out of the darkness — Report on 02:04 - Dec 19 with 4769 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Her's to you, and the 507.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Out of the darkness — Report on 06:29 - Dec 19 with 4572 viewsnix

Brilliant.

Loved the Ched Evans line.

Agree about the shithousing. Don't want to see it at all. But, along with the getting in the refs ear, cynical fouls to break up play, over-physicality, going down softly etc unless they clamp down on this appropriately, I don't want to be the England team coming away with the consolation fair play award, I want to be holding the fecking cup. I want to see our players' kids on the pitch and our players doing that weird hand waving thing before cheering and raising the first prize aloft.

Until you don't get a competitive advantage by sailing close to the wind, I want us to do it too.
Out of the darkness — Report on 06:59 - Dec 19 with 4510 viewsdmm

The thing I love about your work, Clive, is your determination to avoid football cliches. No "... bullying the opposing centre backs" for you. Rather it's "...he tenderised the home centre backs beautifully." It makes for such a fun read.
Out of the darkness — Report on 07:31 - Dec 19 with 4446 viewshubble

An incredibly enjoyable read, Clive. I do worry about your health, but at the same time, I recognise that's how you fuel your fluent prose. Hats off to you and the other 503.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Out of the darkness — Report on 07:48 - Dec 19 with 4402 viewsngbqpr

You have taken a run of the miil Championship Football Match and used it as a foundation stone for an inspired, laugh out loud, often verging on the surreal 15 minute stand up routine. Superb, hat doffed to you for this, and also the other 503.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Out of the darkness — Report on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 4152 viewsmonners1969

Loved the report - A saturday off from the coaching commitments and regret not making the trip! Was able to watch it on the red button and thought the whole team was great.

Personally would have had Jimmy as my MOTM thought he was outstanding against a backdrop of online assassinations... The midfield is so key in the league and Dozell/Field and Tim I was excellent

I actually thought Mide did well when he came on - gave us a good outlet - won a couple of frees and was unlucky not to burn past the defender (hes good for the 20 mins role when everyone else was fecked)

Mainly it was great to start recover from the Beale breakup
Out of the darkness — Report on 09:47 - Dec 19 with 4041 viewsstevec

Very entertaining report and hats off to the 504.

Breath of fresh air watching our midfielders running at Preston, threw their formation out of sync completely. If Tim can get the right feel with his final ball he’ll be quality.

Thankfully I don’t do social media but why on earth anyone would have a pop at Jimmy Dunne is beyond me. Gives everything and has gained us far more points than he’s lost us. Crazy.
Out of the darkness — Report on 10:02 - Dec 19 with 3995 viewsPaddyhoops

Jimmy was superb and as for his social media bullying. The game against Burnley was lost after pretty much 10 minutes . Jimmy’s mishap was merely a footnote to the inevitable.
Tim my MOTM . In this form he’s a class act!
Superb report as ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of the darkness — Report on 10:38 - Dec 19 with 3892 viewsRBlock

Love that match report, as always. Very happy for you, young Sam, and the other 502 who made the trip.

One disagreement though, that I'd be interested to hear Pinner's view on, but the offside you make a song and dance about isn't offside for me. When the ball came back in to him, he was very clearly offside but didn't attempt to play the ball so never came into play. When JCS then nods it up in the air he's clearly played it deliberately, meaning the striker can't be offside when he then receives the ball.
Out of the darkness — Report on 10:41 - Dec 19 with 3877 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness — Report on 10:38 - Dec 19 by RBlock

Love that match report, as always. Very happy for you, young Sam, and the other 502 who made the trip.

One disagreement though, that I'd be interested to hear Pinner's view on, but the offside you make a song and dance about isn't offside for me. When the ball came back in to him, he was very clearly offside but didn't attempt to play the ball so never came into play. When JCS then nods it up in the air he's clearly played it deliberately, meaning the striker can't be offside when he then receives the ball.

I will never agree with you on this as you know from our long afternoons in the Crown. JCS only has to play the ball because there's a bloke two feet behind him who will head it into the net if he doesn't - a bloke who's also miles offside. It's offside.
Out of the darkness — Report on 11:12 - Dec 19 with 3765 viewsSuperhoop83

Out of the darkness — Report on 10:41 - Dec 19 by Northernr

I will never agree with you on this as you know from our long afternoons in the Crown. JCS only has to play the ball because there's a bloke two feet behind him who will head it into the net if he doesn't - a bloke who's also miles offside. It's offside.

I'm with you on this, Clive, even if we're wrong about the letter of the law.

I'm undecided about the Thatcher thing though. I think I'd prefer to sit through the Burnley match, although it's a very close call.

Suffering since 1978.

Out of the darkness — Report on 11:20 - Dec 19 with 3742 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness — Report on 11:12 - Dec 19 by Superhoop83

I'm with you on this, Clive, even if we're wrong about the letter of the law.

I'm undecided about the Thatcher thing though. I think I'd prefer to sit through the Burnley match, although it's a very close call.

Yeh the law as is now, and as interpreted, means Rblock, and the lino, are probably right. And of course the pedant will tell you "it is not an offence to be in an offside position". But for me, in situations like that, the law is now an ass. He's standing in the six yard box, miles offside, the free kick and returned balls are all aimed towards him, JCS has to react and play at it because he's there, the ball ends up with him, he nearly scores - this is offside. Or, at least, it should be.
Out of the darkness — Report on 11:52 - Dec 19 with 3637 viewsderbyhoop

I did like the initial comment about a performance and result bordering on the professional and competent. Plus the Ched Evans comments.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of the darkness — Report on 11:57 - Dec 19 with 3605 viewsRs_Holy

‘There were 504 QPR fans there on Saturday, and that’s the 504 QPR fans that will be there for the post-nuclear holocaust first round League Cup tie at Northampton’…. Love it
Out of the darkness — Report on 12:28 - Dec 19 with 3530 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Very enjoyable read with some LOL moments.

Well done to you and everyone of the other 503 brave souls who made the trip. You all deserved that performance and result.

The only thing lacking was a video clip of you and Sam belting out Jim Steinman power ballads on the car journey home!
Out of the darkness — Report on 12:28 - Dec 19 with 3526 viewsrobith

Beyond an away win team against an in form team; Critch getting the W day 1, with us looking organised and professional, really great to give the whole club a nice reset post WC resumption
Out of the darkness — Report on 13:25 - Dec 19 with 3315 viewsfournil

Amazing run though it was, Laird's shot that hits the defender was heading more towards the corner post than the back of the net. It's a shame as these rampaging runs of his deserve more than he's been getting this season.
Another astounding report Clive - I continue to be in awe - every week.
Out of the darkness — Report on 13:41 - Dec 19 with 3270 viewsPunteR

What's it to be lads... 502 ,503, 504 or 450..?

Great report Clive. Enjoyable match.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Out of the darkness — Report on 13:46 - Dec 19 with 3256 viewsterryb

Provided I've got the correct situation for Dieng's caution, I thought he was very unlucky.

Yes, there was a long time between the referee awarding a free kick to Rangers & it being taken, but most of that time was due to Johnson arguing with Langford & refusing to retreat.

Perhaps it was Preston constantly wasting time arguing that led to only five minutes being added. Even if the decision was in their favour, they still had to have a debate before continuing!

Thank's for the report Clive & I bow down to every one of you that was at Deepdale.
Out of the darkness — Report on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 3193 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness — Report on 13:46 - Dec 19 by terryb

Provided I've got the correct situation for Dieng's caution, I thought he was very unlucky.

Yes, there was a long time between the referee awarding a free kick to Rangers & it being taken, but most of that time was due to Johnson arguing with Langford & refusing to retreat.

Perhaps it was Preston constantly wasting time arguing that led to only five minutes being added. Even if the decision was in their favour, they still had to have a debate before continuing!

Thank's for the report Clive & I bow down to every one of you that was at Deepdale.

The situation with Dieng is all of that had gone on as you describe, Langford told him to get it taken and ran off, and then when he turned around Dieng had picked it up and was bouncing it and fannying about with it again which snapped his patience - referee was correct.
Out of the darkness — Report on 14:23 - Dec 19 with 3125 viewsRBlock

Out of the darkness — Report on 11:20 - Dec 19 by Northernr

Yeh the law as is now, and as interpreted, means Rblock, and the lino, are probably right. And of course the pedant will tell you "it is not an offence to be in an offside position". But for me, in situations like that, the law is now an ass. He's standing in the six yard box, miles offside, the free kick and returned balls are all aimed towards him, JCS has to react and play at it because he's there, the ball ends up with him, he nearly scores - this is offside. Or, at least, it should be.

Agree that it is bollox. Recall watching a game where a through ball was played to a forward about 10 yards offside on the defenders blindside, but because the defender couldn't see him he made an attempt to block the pass, at which point the offside forward swept in, picked it up, and slotted home. Nonsense, but technically correct (the best kind of correct).
Out of the darkness — Report on 14:27 - Dec 19 with 3111 viewsLblock

All this talk of "the 504" will lead to the stuff of legend in years to come

I have visions of people standing on tables in The Crown and Sceptre who were there shouting "THIS IS SPART-R!!"

once upon a time I'd of been there....... those results are payback for endless years of shoite

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Out of the darkness — Report on 14:41 - Dec 19 with 3071 viewsTeddRanger

Point of order -the power ballads have been replaced by "100% Christmas".

I should know, it's been playing in our kitchen for what seems like the last several months
Out of the darkness — Report on 14:46 - Dec 19 with 3056 viewsNorthernr

Out of the darkness — Report on 14:41 - Dec 19 by TeddRanger

Point of order -the power ballads have been replaced by "100% Christmas".

I should know, it's been playing in our kitchen for what seems like the last several months

Mellow Magic hasn't done that thankfully. Neither has Smooth.
Out of the darkness — Report on 15:11 - Dec 19 with 2979 viewsE15Hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/dykes-credits-critchley-for-preston-win-191

Good interview with our Scotsralian. He comes across as very balanced and aware of what he and the team in general need to improve on. Both he and Jimmy Dunne have made a point of mentioning how Neil Critchley has simplified and prioritised things for theam, and given its only been a few days since he arrived, i think we can definitely be encouraged by the turnaround in such a short space of time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024