Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie at RB ? 13:46 - Feb 8 with 1519 viewskingo

He has the speed and determination and he would not have to think much about the game, this would allow Nedum to partner Anton and shackle Yakubu.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Mackie at RB ? on 13:58 - Feb 8 with 948 viewsolderR

No thanks, he was NWs go to boy, probably had him give out the oranges at halftime.

Think I'd rather risk onesize at CB.
Mackie at RB ? on 13:58 - Feb 8 with 943 viewsNorthernr

Mackie at RB ? on 13:58 - Feb 8 by olderR

No thanks, he was NWs go to boy, probably had him give out the oranges at halftime.

Fitz Hall will play well for the next few months. Contract up.
Mackie at RB ? on 14:00 - Feb 8 with 935 viewskingo

Mackie at RB ? on 13:58 - Feb 8 by olderR

You are more than likely right about Onesize and being honest he hasn't played badly lately, BUT he frightens the life out of me every time the ball goes near him.

Mackie at RB ? on 14:15 - Feb 8 with 893 viewshoopdog

Yep I think I'd have some of that Mackie at R/B one thing for sure he'd put a lot of effort into it
Mackie at RB ? on 14:20 - Feb 8 with 881 viewsdaveB

Hall has been fine for most of the season, had a few poor games but no worse than any other defender.
Mackie at RB ? on 14:22 - Feb 8 with 879 viewsantoknee64

Need to score goals on Sat so drop SWP for Mackie instead.
Mackie at RB ? on 14:22 - Feb 8 with 877 viewsTheBlob

It was a badly mistimed tackle that busted his leg.You've also got that weakness to contend with now.Undoubtedly good at going forward,but a bit dodgy in the tackle.Mind you that's worked for Traore and Kyle Walker....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mackie at RB ? on 14:35 - Feb 8 with 844 viewsbosh67

Mackie can play RB. Would have no doubts he would do a good job there if asked. I don't think he will be needed for that, but would be cover. I actually think the best right back option would have been Hogan with Young injured. But...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie at RB ? on 14:41 - Feb 8 with 829 viewsbosh67

Should have gone for Adam Smith from Spurs, who looked like Walker mark 2 for MK Dons. Now on loan at Leeds. Should have got him in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie at RB ? on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 772 viewsColombiR

Well if I remember correctly Mackie went to right back against Reading at home last year after Bradley Orr was sent off, and played one of best games for Rangers. (Ah what a glorious day that was, reduced to ten men and used our superior ball skills to quite literally pass around them...)

Just editing to make clear that, despite that performance, it would be terrible idea play Mackie RB!

However, think Fitz is an ok option at CB. Ability's never been the problem so maybe Clive's right and he'll be in blinding form until the end of the season. Makes our back four huge!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mackie at RB ? on 15:37 - Feb 8 with 766 viewskingsburyR

Excuse my ignorance..........

Is Young out?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Mackie at RB ? on 15:43 - Feb 8 with 763 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

No thanks. Wouldn't want Mackie against Hoilett. Be surprised if that idea figured anywhere in MH's plans.
Mackie at RB ? on 15:58 - Feb 8 with 735 viewsWestbourneR

WHAT? What?

Look Mackie is not a defender so NO he can't play in defense. You need to understand positioning and be able to tackle to play right back. You can't just be good at running a lot.

I f**king despair sometimes the question is so stupid.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie at RB ? on 16:15 - Feb 8 with 719 viewskingsburyR

Again........... Is young out?

If so, for how long?

Mackie at RB ? on 16:18 - Feb 8 with 710 viewsdaveB

he limped off on Saturday and Hughes said he was out for a while.
Mackie at RB ? on 16:22 - Feb 8 with 692 viewskingsburyR

I saw him go off but havent seen anything on the offy or on this board as to timings etc!

Mackie at RB ? on 16:34 - Feb 8 with 671 viewsHantsR

if we do prove to be very short of options at RB, Mackie could potentially play there. I'm far from being his strongest advocate but to be fair, before he broke his leg, I saw him play quite a decent game at RB v Notts Forest ( around the time they 'won' the championship!
Mackie at RB ? on 16:39 - Feb 8 with 660 viewskingo

Mackie at RB ? on 15:58 - Feb 8 by WestbourneR

WHAT? What?

Look Mackie is not a defender so NO he can't play in defense. You need to understand positioning and be able to tackle to play right back. You can't just be good at running a lot.

I f**king despair sometimes the question is so stupid.

Totally stupid because he hasn't played there before has he, or in fact played well there. And we have right backs coming out of our ears.

Mackie at RB ? on 16:57 - Feb 8 with 629 viewspomanjou

No way should Mackie be considered for a full back role in the Prem. Is he better than Young or is Young injured? Someone cited putting a lot of effort in as a reason to do it. LOL. Do me a favour.

He was good for us, when he played, at the lower level but the Prem is a stretch too far, unlike playing for the jox.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Mackie at RB ? on 17:27 - Feb 8 with 604 viewsHayesender

What's this obsession with trying to find a place in the team for Mackie?

Isn't and never will be good enough for this league, ATAF

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mackie at RB ? on 17:29 - Feb 8 with 601 viewshoopdog

Mackie at RB ? on 16:57 - Feb 8 by pomanjou

No way should Mackie be considered for a full back role in the Prem. Is he better than Young or is Young injured? Someone cited putting a lot of effort in as a reason to do it. LOL. Do me a favour.

He was good for us, when he played, at the lower level but the Prem is a stretch too far, unlike playing for the jox.

Young is Hamstrung out for weeks
Wilson came from Chelsea A Midfielder became a F/B
Madix came from Spur's a Midfielder became a C/H
Was reading that Alick Stock bought a L/B from Luton who was he Malcom Mc Donald
nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes
Mackie at RB ? on 17:45 - Feb 8 with 575 viewsNeil_SI

Blackburn have two players in Martin Olsson and Junior Hoilett who can operate on the left that are decent. It'll be interesting to see who ends up out there, both are quick and nimble sort of players, so we'll need to be aware of that whoever we play at right-back, and that person is going to need defensive help from their winger too.

I'm not sure it's wise to put Jamie Mackie there, he had an excellent cameo against Reading that time, but that was more to do with being pumped up and playing on adrenaline in my view.

If Luke Young isn't available, we've some choices to mix it up, but each pose their own problems. If you take Nedum Onouha out of the middle, then we lack that extra bit of strength and agility needed to deal with Yakubu. But if we put Fitz Hall out on the right instead, we have the problem of him having to deal with quick and agile players, which doesn't suit him either. Danny Gabbidon if fit could do a job in either position as well, and has also played well at right-back this season against Wigan, but again, is probably more suspect to fast players out there.

Interesting either way.
Mackie at RB ? on 18:09 - Feb 8 with 555 viewswittle

why to people feel the need to justify a place for mackie ,he will get 10 to 15 mins towards the end of games at best for the rest of season if he is lucky.
Mackie at RB ? on 18:45 - Feb 8 with 525 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie at RB ? on 16:39 - Feb 8 by kingo

Totally stupid because he hasn't played there before has he, or in fact played well there. And we have right backs coming out of our ears.

Yeah it is stupid - because he played there when we were playing at home vs a Championship and all he was doing was attacking. Not away in the Premiership for a six pointer.

If I didn't want us to win so much I'd almost like Hughes to do it so you can actually see how totally stupid you really are.

Of course Hughes won't do it because he isn't totally stupid.

If it wasn't a stupid idea he'd do it but i bet my bottom dollar he won't. Proof will be in the pudding kingo.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie at RB ? on 18:48 - Feb 8 with 521 viewshoopdog

Mackie at RB ? on 18:09 - Feb 8 by wittle

why to people feel the need to justify a place for mackie ,he will get 10 to 15 mins towards the end of games at best for the rest of season if he is lucky.

It's not about finding a place for Mackie it's about finding someone to fill in at R/B dont knock it suggest an alternative if you have one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024