Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey 21:06 - Apr 14 with 33180 viewsBigDaveMyCock

There number 3 is good.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Blimey on 22:03 - Apr 14 with 33076 views442Dale

Their no. 4 was even better. Walked his way through the game.

That Swindon display is up there with as good as anything ever seen at Spotland.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blimey on 22:04 - Apr 14 with 33057 viewsJimmyRustler

Blimey on 22:03 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

That Swindon display is up there with as good as anything ever seen at Spotland.

Number 4 is Luongo. Courted by teams at a much much higher level than League 1. Class act.
Blimey on 22:14 - Apr 14 with 32975 viewsColDale

Swindon were bloody good. They struck me as a team who once they get the lead, it's incredibly difficult to do anything about it (I know the game at their place contradicts this). Was like watching some 12 year old geek playing Fifa at times, with their movement and passing. Obviously we lost it during the first half, but it still took a tremendous effort by them to manage the game in the second half, and against a lesser side, we might have been able to pull off the impossible, but not against a side as good as this.

I actually thought there was so much to be pleased about ourselves with. At half time, on a different night we could have gone in with a lead due to the chances we created but their goal direct from our free kick without the ball going out out of play told the story of the night for me. Finally, we saw something from Reuben that Hilly obviously sees. Thought he had a cracking second half. Think we threw everything at them in the second half, including the odd arm and forehead, and at times had my fingers crossed that we'd even make it to 90 mins with eleven players.
Blimey on 22:16 - Apr 14 with 32946 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blimey on 22:03 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up. They were very good tonight. There 3 and 4 genuinely look like prem players in waiting.

Blimey on 22:17 - Apr 14 with 32932 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Blimey on 22:04 - Apr 14 by JimmyRustler

Number 4 is Luongo. Courted by teams at a much much higher level than League 1. Class act.

Did they not get an offer for him on transfer deadline day? Surely they should have cashed in and not stood in the way of the players ambitions

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Blimey on 22:23 - Apr 14 with 32857 viewssweetcorn

Blimey on 22:14 - Apr 14 by ColDale

Swindon were bloody good. They struck me as a team who once they get the lead, it's incredibly difficult to do anything about it (I know the game at their place contradicts this). Was like watching some 12 year old geek playing Fifa at times, with their movement and passing. Obviously we lost it during the first half, but it still took a tremendous effort by them to manage the game in the second half, and against a lesser side, we might have been able to pull off the impossible, but not against a side as good as this.

I actually thought there was so much to be pleased about ourselves with. At half time, on a different night we could have gone in with a lead due to the chances we created but their goal direct from our free kick without the ball going out out of play told the story of the night for me. Finally, we saw something from Reuben that Hilly obviously sees. Thought he had a cracking second half. Think we threw everything at them in the second half, including the odd arm and forehead, and at times had my fingers crossed that we'd even make it to 90 mins with eleven players.

Final ball let him down for me, but it was certainly a better performance i'll agree with that.

Think their number 3 was a good player, but was made to look even better by the fact he didn't face a left-back all night.

That for me has to be the end of rose in midfield, he just doesn't have the skillset to execute the role properly and the odd good ball that pays off from his 30 attempts and a few strong challenges clouds peoples judgement for me. Rhys was far and away the best option to play the role tonight, hes fast, mobile, reads the game well and is more than happy to play a simple ball, really couldnt understand hill playing him left back.

Thought 4-1 at half time flattered them, although they were a great side, they literally had 4 chances and that showed how clinical they where, but for me this shows just how much we've missed an out and out striker this season, fairplay to hendo, done and vincentti for having a go and getting a lot of goals, but on a night like tonight if them bunney chances fall at an alfie type strikers feet, its 1-0 and it could change the game.

Cannon is such a talent is fast becoming our best academy prospect, which says alot considering how good jamie allen is.

I'm still hoping for a twist in the play-off race and just hope keith still keeps pushing until the end!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Blimey on 22:24 - Apr 14 with 32825 viewssweetcorn

Blimey on 22:17 - Apr 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Did they not get an offer for him on transfer deadline day? Surely they should have cashed in and not stood in the way of the players ambitions

Yeah from a qatari club, i can't imagine he would have fancied that himself, still don't let that get in the way of the story.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Blimey on 22:27 - Apr 14 with 32786 viewsArthurDaley

Something you wont see so often, Dale in 6 goal thriller

A large VAT Dave

Login to get fewer ads

Blimey on 22:30 - Apr 14 with 32744 viewsRotherhamDale

Completely disagree about Lazerous. He's got nothing about him. He just spent the second half thumping the ball towards the box. Granted, it got us our second goal, but the quality was so so poor.

Possession with progression.

Blimey on 22:41 - Apr 14 with 32662 viewsBigDaveMyCock

When you play a team as good as that it's encouraging that the likes of Allen and Cannon (second half) didn't look out of place. It also shows the cold hard reality that Bunney is unfortunately nowhere near. Offered very little and to make matters worse didn't take the chances he had. At least his attempt at a head butt was consistent with his attempts to head the ball.

Blimey on 22:43 - Apr 14 with 32646 viewsBigKindo

Byrne (No 3) and Luongo (No 4) both ex Spurs. They also picked tonight loanees Swift (Chelsea), Toffolo (Norwich), Ricketts (Wolves) and Stephens (Southampton) They also have Turnbull (Southampton) who was suspended. Not your average wage bill then.
Blimey on 22:45 - Apr 14 with 32620 viewsD_Alien

Blimey on 22:30 - Apr 14 by RotherhamDale

Completely disagree about Lazerous. He's got nothing about him. He just spent the second half thumping the ball towards the box. Granted, it got us our second goal, but the quality was so so poor.

Agreed. Given the space he was afforded, he really should've done much better.

With Andrew, Hendo and Bunney waiting in the middle, every cross fell to one of theirs - even the one from which we scored!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blimey on 22:46 - Apr 14 with 32611 viewsJimmyRustler

Blimey on 22:41 - Apr 14 by BigDaveMyCock

When you play a team as good as that it's encouraging that the likes of Allen and Cannon (second half) didn't look out of place. It also shows the cold hard reality that Bunney is unfortunately nowhere near. Offered very little and to make matters worse didn't take the chances he had. At least his attempt at a head butt was consistent with his attempts to head the ball.

The only contact Bunney made all night was he stuck one on their player when trying to get the ball after our second went in.

Tame headbutt though.

4/10
[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 22:54]
Blimey on 22:57 - Apr 14 with 32537 viewsolympicdale

Blimey on 22:30 - Apr 14 by RotherhamDale

I'm growing hugely despondent with RNL and Hery, they give nothing to the team, can be released as far as im concerned.

Loungo ran the game, was class when on loan at Ipswich not too long ago, still has the class.

Life is a game of fate.

Blimey on 23:52 - Apr 14 with 32379 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly was well and truly outdone by Cooper Man tonight......end of.

Dream over for now.
Blimey on 23:58 - Apr 14 with 32357 viewsFrog

I hope Lazarus doesn't make another comeback. Poor for me tonight.
Blimey on 00:01 - Apr 15 with 32349 viewsTommoRAFC

Blimey on 22:57 - Apr 14 by olympicdale

I'm growing hugely despondent with RNL and Hery, they give nothing to the team, can be released as far as im concerned.

Loungo ran the game, was class when on loan at Ipswich not too long ago, still has the class.

RNL has been improving and Hery has plenty of time to work on the defensive side of his game. Both are assets to the club and have plenty to offer.

The squad needs reinforcements not departures. Suppose we all need a good scapegoat though eh?!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Blimey on 00:09 - Apr 15 with 32315 viewsShun

I'm in the minority with being pleased with RNL tonight. He did more in an attacking sense in one half at left back than Bunney did all game as a winger/forward.
Blimey on 00:19 - Apr 15 with 32292 viewsSandyman

Superb finishing by Swindon tonight and perhaps a lesson learned that we should've made use of loans to shore up the squad , especially given the injury problems we've had.

Can't see Bunney being here next year. He tries, but is so weak to a challenge and doesn't take his chances . Missing that free header in the 2nd half and his debacle at Northampton show that he's the one that hasn't made the move up to League One in a microcosm. Maybe we could sell him to Tranmere like a similar quality of striker we had...?

Never mind, we competed well against a very good Swindon tonight. Even after tonight, they have only scored 1 more league goal than us (we are the leagues 4th highest scorers) so the season clearly hasn't been too shabby
Blimey on 00:27 - Apr 15 with 32274 viewsRotherhamDale

Blimey on 00:01 - Apr 15 by TommoRAFC

RNL has been improving and Hery has plenty of time to work on the defensive side of his game. Both are assets to the club and have plenty to offer.

The squad needs reinforcements not departures. Suppose we all need a good scapegoat though eh?!

Yeah, because not being so keen on a player automatically makes them a scapegoat.

I agree about Hery too. The odd fancy flick doesn't cut it when he goes missing for 4/5 games.
Bunney just offers nothing in my opinion.

Possession with progression.

Blimey on 00:35 - Apr 15 with 32256 viewsTommoRAFC

Blimey on 00:27 - Apr 15 by RotherhamDale

Yeah, because not being so keen on a player automatically makes them a scapegoat.

I agree about Hery too. The odd fancy flick doesn't cut it when he goes missing for 4/5 games.
Bunney just offers nothing in my opinion.

I can understand when people talk about Brandy and the lack of impact he's had since signing. But there's bags of talent in Noble-Lazarus and he's done alright considering how little fame time he gets.

Look at Hery, unlike RNL, Hery got a run in the side and we were all raving about how well he linked up with Allen. He got dropped and has been given bits of game time here and there, usually in shit situations.

Either way I rate them and I want both to be here in pre-season pressing for a starting slot. Brandy can go, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a run in the remaining 4 games.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Blimey on 01:59 - Apr 15 with 32143 viewsWhiteyBFC

Swindon are the best side I've seen all season, in fact, I enjoyed watching them even though they beat us twice, 5-0 on aggregate.

I look forward to them beating Sheff Utd on penalties at Wembley.
Blimey on 15:24 - Apr 15 with 31489 viewsTigerDale

Blimey on 22:17 - Apr 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

He wanted to stay to the end of the season to help them get promoted. A surprise selection for Australia in the first game of the Asian cup in January, ended up winning player of the tournament. Scored a cracker in the final

Comes across as a good kid with a big future.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 15:33]
Blimey on 17:55 - Apr 15 with 31333 viewsChaffRAFC

I agree about Reuben. I think he has bags of potential and look forward to him being fitter and sharper after a Hill pre-season. Think he'll offer a lot next season but I think time is up for Bastien. I've always been of the opinion that he makes too many mistakes in possession and he just hasn't offered enough this season. He's not had much of a run but he's still accumulated 28 games this season and has scored once. He's shown glimpses but I still think the bad points outweigh the good.

Same goes for Bunney. Showed glimpses of what he can do but he's been given a bigger run in the side than he deserves and I find myself groaning when he's in the team. I just don't see what he offers at all. He's scored in one game this season. Last night he had a near identical chance to the first Swindon goal, the difference being you knew their lad would score and you knew that Bunney would miss and that's how it played out.

We are desperate for a natural striker. Henderson has had a wonderful season but I think he's more effective where he can have more of the ball, in a number 10 role say. He should be the one linking up midfield and a good striker who will make clever runs and can finish without being caught offside every other run.

I also don't think they'd have walked through our side in the first half with as much freedom if Bennett had been playing in that anchor man role he has played recently. He's been superb in a defensive midfield position and for him to move to left back last night must have been done deliberately with a plan in mind but it didn't work.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Blimey on 18:57 - Apr 17 with 30994 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Blimey on 01:59 - Apr 15 by WhiteyBFC

Swindon are the best side I've seen all season, in fact, I enjoyed watching them even though they beat us twice, 5-0 on aggregate.

I look forward to them beating Sheff Utd on penalties at Wembley.

No no no we can't have that Whitey Lad........Blades HAVE to go up so Dale get 2nd installment on Matty Done

Oh and you said RNL was good!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024