Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar access 15:52 - Aug 12 with 34137 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sandy laners not allowed to have a pint at half time, but main stand is??

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 10:33 - Aug 27 with 2404 views1907

Bar access on 10:26 - Aug 27 by SuddenLad

Cowardice ?? Are you for real ??

If I was a club official reading comments like that, I'd be tempted to shut the Ratcliffe access altogether until after the match..

Problem sorted. Permanently.

Am I for real? Are you for real? Have you actually heard yourself!

Graham Rawlinson stood at the entrance to The Sandy, where funnily enough they were letting fans in this week, totally avoiding the raging fans at the main stand entrance who were demanding answers.

Rawlinson turned round and told some season tickets holders "don't bother coming again" and you think this is acceptable? Pillock!
Bar access on 10:58 - Aug 27 with 2321 viewsjohnn

Bar access on 10:33 - Aug 27 by 1907

Graham Rawlinson stood at the entrance to The Sandy, where funnily enough they were letting fans in this week, totally avoiding the raging fans at the main stand entrance who were demanding answers.

Rawlinson turned round and told some season tickets holders "don't bother coming again" and you think this is acceptable? Pillock!

Would be nice if the Radcliffe or the Dale bar were open after the match
Bar access on 11:00 - Aug 27 with 2311 viewsTVOS1907

"raging fans"

Really? Fans were raging because they couldn't get in the bar at half-time?

I understand the annoyance, particularly in view of the statement released this week, but fans were RAGING?

There's a lack of perspective going on here.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bar access on 11:03 - Aug 27 with 2297 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 11:00 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

"raging fans"

I understand the annoyance, particularly in view of the statement released this week, but fans were RAGING?

I agree. There's not been rage in the main stand since BJ was a lad

[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 11:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bar access on 11:11 - Aug 27 with 2264 viewsBobbyjoe

Bar access on 11:03 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

I used to get pretty cross when Paddy wasn't picked!
Bar access on 11:15 - Aug 27 with 2246 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 11:03 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

You'd need a good memory to remember that far back.

Bar access on 11:20 - Aug 27 with 2232 views1907

"raging fans"

There was a lot of angry fans who wanted to make use of the bar, just because it isn't of interest to you doesn't mean it isn't a part of a lot of fans matchday experience.

Whatever I post you have to pick holes in anyway it's getting embarrassing TVOS.
Bar access on 11:26 - Aug 27 with 2206 viewsAtThePeake

Paying fans being told to not bother coming again is so unprofessional it's unbelievable. Is Rawlinson the same director who was verbally abusing fans at the end of a game last season too?

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Bar access on 11:34 - Aug 27 with 2172 viewsDaleiLama

"raging fans"

I suspect that's bull

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bar access on 11:38 - Aug 27 with 2158 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 11:20 - Aug 27 by 1907

There was a lot of angry fans who wanted to make use of the bar, just because it isn't of interest to you doesn't mean it isn't a part of a lot of fans matchday experience.

Whatever I post you have to pick holes in anyway it's getting embarrassing TVOS.

Embarrassing? Really?

It's a discussion forum, which means opinions can be open to 'hole-picking', for want of a better phrase.

I think since yesterday, I've very fairly asked you about your Brown comment (which you didn't reply to) and now this. That's hardly "whatever I post", is it?

I haven't even commented on whether the use of Dale Bar is of interest or relevance to me, but I found the use of the adjective 'raging' a bit OTT.

As I said, I agree in principle about the annoyance people felt, but words like 'raging' and 'angry' still smack of a lack of perspective. There are much worse things to rage or get angry about.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:09]

Bar access on 11:44 - Aug 27 with 2132 viewsscarrow

Bar access on 11:20 - Aug 27 by 1907

Is it the end of the world if you can't get drink? Scores can be accessed on phones and normally the criticism of the bars is that's it's over priced and the beer is crap! Smacks of over reaction imho.

Poll: Final position

Bar access on 11:45 - Aug 27 with 2130 viewsAtThePeake

Bar access on 11:38 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Embarrassing? Really?

It's a discussion forum, which means opinions can be open to 'hole-picking', for want of a better phrase.

I think since yesterday, I've very fairly asked you about your Brown comment (which you didn't reply to) and now this. That's hardly "whatever I post", is it?

I haven't even commented on whether the use of Dale Bar is of interest or relevance to me, but I found the use of the adjective 'raging' a bit OTT.

As I said, I agree in principle about the annoyance people felt, but words like 'raging' and 'angry' still smack of a lack of perspective. There are much worse things to rage or get angry about.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:09]

To be fair I only popped round the back of the stand to use the loo yesterday so didn't really see as much, but from what I saw at the Scunthorpe game when I was stood in that area at half-time I certainly don't think the words 'angry' and 'raging' are an overstatement at all.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 11:46]

Tangled up in blue.

Bar access on 11:53 - Aug 27 with 2101 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 11:45 - Aug 27 by AtThePeake

To be fair I only popped round the back of the stand to use the loo yesterday so didn't really see as much, but from what I saw at the Scunthorpe game when I was stood in that area at half-time I certainly don't think the words 'angry' and 'raging' are an overstatement at all.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 11:46]

No, I wasn't really suggesting they were, but more that I can't believe people are acting in that way.

Bar access on 11:54 - Aug 27 with 2096 viewsAtThePeake

Bar access on 11:53 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

No, I wasn't really suggesting they were, but more that I can't believe people are acting in that way.

I completely agree.

Tangled up in blue.

Bar access on 11:59 - Aug 27 with 2071 viewsKenBoon

I don't think I've seen a more emotive situation since the great British bake off moved to channel 4.
Bar access on 12:04 - Aug 27 with 2031 viewsscarrow

Bar access on 11:59 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

I don't think I've seen a more emotive situation since the great British bake off moved to channel 4.

Is Noel fielding going to be any good...

Poll: Final position

Bar access on 12:06 - Aug 27 with 2028 viewsSuddenLad

I wasn't replying to any circumstances involving Graham Rawlinson. You made no mention whatsoever of that in the post on which I commented.

Specifically, you called club officials 'cowards'.

If you want 'unacceptable', look no further than your own comments..

If you want 'pillock', find a mirror.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bar access on 19:30 - Aug 27 with 1807 viewsRAFCBLUE

Bar access on 16:22 - Aug 15 by RAFCBLUE

http://www.ratcliffebars.co.uk/

Ratcliffe bar website says the capacity of the function room only 500. If that's the official declared capacity for licencing then that will be part of the problem even though I've seen more than 500 people in there myself on occassions.

Can't see a simple way around this problem when you have to think that the bury game will have a near on full main stand and fairly full Sandy so more than potentially 500.

I can see how you would address it by only allowing access from the main stand on a one in one out basis (once the 500 is reached) but opening that gate does create the Safety Officer a problem and as other have said, he/she is the one legally responsible if there is an issue.

Having seen how this operated yesterday (having not been at the Scunthorpe game) I can't see how what was planned would have actually worked.

Firstly, there was the issue of the previously unknown and unannouced wedding reception. Unknown and unannounced to both the club and the Trust when they met to announce the workaround. Suprising, but if you take people at their word then one of those things.

All that did was reduce the capacity. What then didn't work was the allocation system to get people into and out of the bar using simple coloured tokens that differentiate you from being a Main Stand and Sandy Lane attendee.

I don't know how the number of tokens is split, but even without the knowledge, how you fairly distribute between main stand and Sandy Lane fans when the actual allocations differ is a problem. If you do first come first served and the first half is poor you can see a situation where you have people arrive at half time to find the bar is full.

I did have a drink in the bar before the game and could see someone counting people in and out. I haven't seen that before and couldn't decide if it was new or just that I hadn't been conscious of it.

Before the Blackburn game on 9th September, the club need to have a long hard think about how they allocate those tokens. Blackburn will see a greater attendance than yesterday and we have had around 3.2k to 3.4k home fans in the first two home games; take off the Pearl Street and you have around 1,200 to 1,400 fans possibly chasing 500 tokens, wedding receptions notwithstanding.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bar access on 19:44 - Aug 27 with 1781 viewsJames1980

In terms of money going back into the club does hosting a wedding reception lead to considerably more revenue than the matchday drinking crowd?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bar access on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 1695 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bar access on 10:26 - Aug 27 by SuddenLad

Cowardice ?? Are you for real ??

If I was a club official reading comments like that, I'd be tempted to shut the Ratcliffe access altogether until after the match..

Problem sorted. Permanently.

Don't go into business involving the public

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 22:22 - Aug 27 with 1608 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 19:30 - Aug 27 by RAFCBLUE

Having seen how this operated yesterday (having not been at the Scunthorpe game) I can't see how what was planned would have actually worked.

Firstly, there was the issue of the previously unknown and unannouced wedding reception. Unknown and unannounced to both the club and the Trust when they met to announce the workaround. Suprising, but if you take people at their word then one of those things.

All that did was reduce the capacity. What then didn't work was the allocation system to get people into and out of the bar using simple coloured tokens that differentiate you from being a Main Stand and Sandy Lane attendee.

I don't know how the number of tokens is split, but even without the knowledge, how you fairly distribute between main stand and Sandy Lane fans when the actual allocations differ is a problem. If you do first come first served and the first half is poor you can see a situation where you have people arrive at half time to find the bar is full.

I did have a drink in the bar before the game and could see someone counting people in and out. I haven't seen that before and couldn't decide if it was new or just that I hadn't been conscious of it.

Before the Blackburn game on 9th September, the club need to have a long hard think about how they allocate those tokens. Blackburn will see a greater attendance than yesterday and we have had around 3.2k to 3.4k home fans in the first two home games; take off the Pearl Street and you have around 1,200 to 1,400 fans possibly chasing 500 tokens, wedding receptions notwithstanding.

Getting married in the football season should be banned.

Bar access on 23:15 - Aug 27 with 1558 views1907

Bar access on 22:22 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

At the end of the day the fans should have been able to go into the bar as they have for years
Bar access on 23:35 - Aug 27 with 1540 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 23:15 - Aug 27 by 1907

At the end of the day the fans should have been able to go into the bar as they have for years

I haven't disagreed with that viewpoint anywhere.

Bar access on 23:38 - Aug 27 with 1532 viewsDaleaholic

I'm fairly sure the Ratcliffe bar made more money from the wedding than it would have done serving half time drinks.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Bar access on 23:47 - Aug 27 with 1520 viewspioneer

Bar access on 22:22 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

and in the close season as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024