Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar access 15:52 - Aug 12 with 34143 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sandy laners not allowed to have a pint at half time, but main stand is??

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 2542 viewsupthedale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/update-ratcliffe-bars-access/

Update from the club, I don't think anyone has posted yet.
Bar access on 13:41 - Aug 15 with 2501 viewsChaffRAFC

Bar access on 13:35 - Aug 15 by upthedale

What a complete and utter f**ing nonsense!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Bar access on 14:04 - Aug 15 with 2437 viewsD_Alien

The most interesting word in that update is "solely" - in relation to the decision was taken solely by the new Safety Officer

That tells me the board weren't happy with it, disagree with it and possibly there's some debate behind the scenes about who actually holds the upper hand in these matters; ultimately, it has to be the board as the GSO employer, but that makes things tricky, hence the delay before the update prior to the bury game

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bar access on 14:11 - Aug 15 with 2420 viewsPhil

Bar access on 01:13 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

You beat me to it.

I walked from Littleborough, up through Ealees and round Hollingworth Lake on Monday morning. It was as beautiful as ever.

I can go up Calderbrook, up to the top of Shore and over to Wardle, along the canal towards Walsden or back along the canal into Littleborough, up Blackstone Edge Old Road or the main A58 and maybe over Whitaker.

And there isn't a shthole in sight!

So not actually in Rochdale then.

The Barrow/Barcelona thing was clearly tongue-in-cheek but struck a nerve with people who have chosen to live on the outskirts of town for a reason.

The fact that we are situated in beautiful open countryside just makes the state of the town itself even sadder.
Bar access on 14:17 - Aug 15 with 2399 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 14:11 - Aug 15 by Phil

The Barrow/Barcelona thing was clearly tongue-in-cheek but struck a nerve with people who have chosen to live on the outskirts of town for a reason.

The fact that we are situated in beautiful open countryside just makes the state of the town itself even sadder.

Read the article in the link provided by SuddenLad

People are free to stay or leave as they choose, but at least have the good grace to leave quietly

To paraphrase: sounds like rats deserting a reflating ship

Bar access on 15:07 - Aug 15 with 2326 viewsTVOS1907

'Rochdale' doesn't just mean the town centre.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bar access on 16:09 - Aug 15 with 2209 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bar access on 13:41 - Aug 15 by ChaffRAFC

What a complete and utter f**ing nonsense!

Is the new GSO Homer Simpson?

What a clown.
Bar access on 16:22 - Aug 15 with 2189 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://www.ratcliffebars.co.uk/

Ratcliffe bar website says the capacity of the function room only 500. If that's the official declared capacity for licencing then that will be part of the problem even though I've seen more than 500 people in there myself on occassions.

Can't see a simple way around this problem when you have to think that the bury game will have a near on full main stand and fairly full Sandy so more than potentially 500.

I can see how you would address it by only allowing access from the main stand on a one in one out basis (once the 500 is reached) but opening that gate does create the Safety Officer a problem and as other have said, he/she is the one legally responsible if there is an issue.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Bar access on 17:18 - Aug 15 with 2082 views442Dale

Bar access on 16:22 - Aug 15 by RAFCBLUE

http://www.ratcliffebars.co.uk/

Ratcliffe bar website says the capacity of the function room only 500. If that's the official declared capacity for licencing then that will be part of the problem even though I've seen more than 500 people in there myself on occassions.

Can't see a simple way around this problem when you have to think that the bury game will have a near on full main stand and fairly full Sandy so more than potentially 500.

I can see how you would address it by only allowing access from the main stand on a one in one out basis (once the 500 is reached) but opening that gate does create the Safety Officer a problem and as other have said, he/she is the one legally responsible if there is an issue.

They've always had the limit and presumably they ensure capacity is monitored. It's all about the access now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bar access on 17:27 - Aug 15 with 2065 viewsnordenblue

You'll find both Wardle and Littleborough are in the Rochdale borough,so yes Rochdale....
Many of the people have been brought up there all their life so chose to stay there,pretty similar to lots of other parts of the country
Bar access on 17:44 - Aug 15 with 2020 viewsfitzochris

Bar access on 16:09 - Aug 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Is the new GSO Homer Simpson?

What a clown.

No, that's Krusty.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bar access on 17:48 - Aug 15 with 2007 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 17:44 - Aug 15 by fitzochris

No, that's Krusty.

Or Coco.

Bar access on 17:52 - Aug 15 with 1993 views49thseason

Only 500 can be in the bar simultaneously at half time....So a guy stands on the door with a £5 tally clicker and counts 500 in, and another guy stands at the door and counts people out, as people leave, more people can be admitted, always assuming that the two doormen are capable of only allowing people in as other people leave once the 500 number has been attained. This often seems to work OK before busy games at the Ratcliffe.

Clearly the idea of ordering drinks before the game for half time as one might at the theatre has some merit as each drink could be given a voucher as ordered. Each voucher would be subtracted from the 500 figure.Given that pouring 500 drinks in 20 mins is fairly impractical, pre-ordering would probably have the effect of increasing the revenue.

Why is this so difficult?
Bar access on 18:03 - Aug 15 with 1966 viewsBobbyjoe

Whilst it may be that TVOS does live more to the manor born, as befits his status, than we hoi polloi, even those of us confined to an area close to the ground, now "ruined" by "immigrants" have the consolation not only of friendly neighbours, but the various delights of Lenny Barn, Falinge Park and Healey Dell all within a short walk. You may, if you're lucky, see kingfishers from Spotland Bridge on your way to the ground; you'll certainly be unlucky not to see grey wagtails and dippers if you linger for any length of time. All in all, our much-maligned town has more to reccommend it than many an ignorant observer gives credit for.
Bar access on 18:19 - Aug 15 with 1931 viewsRAFCBLUE

Bar access on 17:18 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

They've always had the limit and presumably they ensure capacity is monitored. It's all about the access now.

I'm not sure they've always monitored both the capacity and the number of fans in there against that capacity and I'd suspect that a new person has simply asked the question and in a usual way it's thrown up an issue of how to deal with it.

Certainly if access is only 500 then you'd expect a way of monitoring from the moment it opens on a matchday. and I don't think this is done. It would also mean that, subject to police approval, it could open post-match for those who wished to have a drink before heading home which it doesn't now.

The sheer number of season tickets in the Main Stand will mean a theoretical if not a pracitcal number. I'd be suprised if they open the gate from the Sandy Lane for Saturday games this season.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bar access on 20:00 - Aug 15 with 1819 views442Dale

Bar access on 18:19 - Aug 15 by RAFCBLUE

I'm not sure they've always monitored both the capacity and the number of fans in there against that capacity and I'd suspect that a new person has simply asked the question and in a usual way it's thrown up an issue of how to deal with it.

Certainly if access is only 500 then you'd expect a way of monitoring from the moment it opens on a matchday. and I don't think this is done. It would also mean that, subject to police approval, it could open post-match for those who wished to have a drink before heading home which it doesn't now.

The sheer number of season tickets in the Main Stand will mean a theoretical if not a pracitcal number. I'd be suprised if they open the gate from the Sandy Lane for Saturday games this season.

They regularly have door staff when there's a bigger game to count people going in on those counters they have. At half time you need to get a pass, there will be no more than 500 of them available - can't just walk in.

It just needs a bit of thought and planning and can be sorted.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bar access on 20:41 - Aug 15 with 1723 viewskiwidale

Bar access on 11:21 - Aug 15 by KenBoon

Massive prawns
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iom1b

I watched this imagining R17ale or TVOS bristling with indignation. Apart from the first 30 seconds it was as funny as hemorrhoids. It seems to me that there is more than a little inverse snobbery against anybody that leaves the town and has the temerity to prefer their new gaff better than their old one and woe betide anybody who comments after leaving.

This is not the time for bickering.

Bar access on 20:48 - Aug 15 with 1707 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 20:41 - Aug 15 by kiwidale

I watched this imagining R17ale or TVOS bristling with indignation. Apart from the first 30 seconds it was as funny as hemorrhoids. It seems to me that there is more than a little inverse snobbery against anybody that leaves the town and has the temerity to prefer their new gaff better than their old one and woe betide anybody who comments after leaving.

There's a difference between leaving, and leaving whilst taking every opportunity to run down your former home. It's a bit like the divorced husband who slags off his ex-wife to his mates, forgetting she was the 'love of his life' once... it's just not classy and reflects more on the slagger off than anyone else

Bar access on 20:54 - Aug 15 with 1683 viewsR17ALE

I bristled with boredom to be fair. Managed a minute of it before turning it off.

I've no problem with "emigrants" commenting, but would respectfully add that it's not so much what is said, it's how it's said.

And some "emigrants" say it very badly on here in my view.

There's absolutely no inverse snobbery going on and good luck to everyone who has left and is doing well. Just don't tell us how well!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bar access (n/t) on 20:54 - Aug 15 with 1683 viewskiwidale

Bar access on 14:17 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

People are free to stay or leave as they choose, but at least have the good grace to leave quietly

Bar access (n/t) on 20:54 - Aug 15 with 1682 viewskiwidale

Bar access on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 1653 viewskiwidale

D Alian, first before this gets really silly ... I did read the link and yes its very positive and long overdue. several ex-pats have mentioned their pride in their origin and commented positively on their heritage so for your comment "sounds like rats deserting a reflating ship" was that really necessary?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 21:08]

Bar access on 21:06 - Aug 15 with 1651 viewsTVOS1907

I can't be bothered watching it. What's it about?

Bar access on 21:12 - Aug 15 with 1633 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 21:06 - Aug 15 by kiwidale

D Alian, first before this gets really silly ... I did read the link and yes its very positive and long overdue. several ex-pats have mentioned their pride in their origin and commented positively on their heritage so for your comment "sounds like rats deserting a reflating ship" was that really necessary?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 21:08]

It was aimed at Phil, who started the ball rolling and so far the response demonstrates nothing more than that Rochdale is on the up, which makes his comments not only unwelcome but inaccurate

You'll notice i've been at pains to mention honourable exceptions such as downunder, and probably yourself if you'd simply read what i've said

Bar access on 21:17 - Aug 15 with 1606 viewskiwidale

Bar access on 21:12 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

It was aimed at Phil, who started the ball rolling and so far the response demonstrates nothing more than that Rochdale is on the up, which makes his comments not only unwelcome but inaccurate

You'll notice i've been at pains to mention honourable exceptions such as downunder, and probably yourself if you'd simply read what i've said

ok! glad that's sorted is it your round for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024