Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar access 15:52 - Aug 12 with 34156 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sandy laners not allowed to have a pint at half time, but main stand is??

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 06:44 - Aug 17 with 4386 viewsnordenblue

Bar access on 19:46 - Aug 16 by SuddenLad

In defence of GP surgeries, I have been a patient with the same Rochdale based practice since childhood. I can (and do) ring the surgery and arrange an appointment with any of the 3 GP's to be seen within 24 hours, and on most occasions for later the same day.

I hear stories about people having to wait over 72 hours to see their GP. That has never, ever happened to me (or my immediate family) in all our experience with the surgery.

Speaking of GP surgeries,the local one to me has a 2 hour dinner so entirely closed from 12-2pm,they're not a fan of staggered breaks like every other workplace!! On my last trip there I arrived at 2.15 with the little en amazed to find the receptionist still eating a sandwich,obviously not enough time to consume during her lunch!!

Whilst the nhs is without doubt a fabulous organisation many GPs and surgeries still believe they're a law on their own it seems,in total contrast to the help ive witnessed at Salford Royal from the neurology dept in the last 12 month's,from the receptionist to the Neuro surgeon's/consultants its been staggeringly good.
Bar access on 14:00 - Aug 17 with 4168 viewspioneer

Bar access on 20:44 - Aug 16 by Shun

Unfortunately, it very much is a problem of a shortage of GPs. I spoke of it years ago and it's become worse now.

In 2000 the UK had 6.4 GPs per 10,000 population, by 2014 this had risen to 8 per 10,000 population - a 25% increase. In other words on average each GP had 312 fewer patients to care for than in 2000 (but they were paid much more than in 2000).

More GPs doesnt mean more GP care if they all take longer lunch hours, moonlight in private sector etc. Called mine yesterday to pick up a form - told me I couldnt pick it up Wednesday because they close at 12.00 (NOON not midnight!) but I could pick it up today when they 'open late' - until 5pm!

I dont blame the GPs if their contracts permit this.....its the folks who design the GP contracts who are at fault.
Bar access on 20:24 - Aug 17 with 4021 views49thseason

Bar access on 14:00 - Aug 17 by pioneer

In 2000 the UK had 6.4 GPs per 10,000 population, by 2014 this had risen to 8 per 10,000 population - a 25% increase. In other words on average each GP had 312 fewer patients to care for than in 2000 (but they were paid much more than in 2000).

More GPs doesnt mean more GP care if they all take longer lunch hours, moonlight in private sector etc. Called mine yesterday to pick up a form - told me I couldnt pick it up Wednesday because they close at 12.00 (NOON not midnight!) but I could pick it up today when they 'open late' - until 5pm!

I dont blame the GPs if their contracts permit this.....its the folks who design the GP contracts who are at fault.

"I dont blame the GPs if their contracts permit this.....its the folks who design the GP contracts who are at fault."

I guess that would be this bloke then>>>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1516095/Blair-defends-rise-that-put-GPs-o
Bar access on 22:24 - Aug 17 with 3925 viewspioneer

Bar access on 20:24 - Aug 17 by 49thseason

"I dont blame the GPs if their contracts permit this.....its the folks who design the GP contracts who are at fault."

I guess that would be this bloke then>>>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1516095/Blair-defends-rise-that-put-GPs-o

yes it would...together with several other things he screwed up.
Bar access on 16:07 - Aug 18 with 3747 viewsColDale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2017/08/dale-bar-meeting-with-the-club/
Bar access on 15:22 - Aug 24 with 3425 views442Dale

All sorted.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/dale-bar-info_201718/

Well done to the club and the Trust for helping to find a solution.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bar access on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 3250 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 15:22 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

All sorted.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/dale-bar-info_201718/

Well done to the club and the Trust for helping to find a solution.

It's more than just a token gesture!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bar access on 15:56 - Aug 26 with 2934 views442Dale

Fans waiting for the magic tokens as the bar is apparently full!

Login to get fewer ads

Bar access on 15:59 - Aug 26 with 2907 viewsDaleFan7

Not all sorted. 1 in 1 out at the bar due to a wedding.
Bar access on 16:00 - Aug 26 with 2898 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bar access on 15:56 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

Fans waiting for the magic tokens as the bar is apparently full!

Not sorted at all, aggressive stewarding , one in one out, people with drinks for friends unable to give them as fat steward says no to even coming in outside bit absolute no n league, embarrassing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 17:30 - Aug 26 with 2776 views1907

Nobody from the main stand allowed access until five minutes before second half kick off. Why the hell was there a wedding function blocking the main room at the biggest Derby game of the season? Absolute shambles yet again. This club has gone backwards beyond belief over the summer!
Bar access on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 2643 viewsKenBoon

Be fair to the stewards, they can only let in what there's room for. As for the facility being used for something else during the match. I've always thought that it's a facility primarily for fans going to the match. Monetising it outside of this shouldn't mean giving priority to these bookings over fans on match days... which is what the bloomin' thing is for.
Bar access on 20:08 - Aug 26 with 2552 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bar access on 19:20 - Aug 26 by KenBoon

Be fair to the stewards, they can only let in what there's room for. As for the facility being used for something else during the match. I've always thought that it's a facility primarily for fans going to the match. Monetising it outside of this shouldn't mean giving priority to these bookings over fans on match days... which is what the bloomin' thing is for.

Tbf you're talking bollocks, pub wasn't full, the club has fooked this up

Bar access on 20:10 - Aug 26 with 2542 viewsDaleFan7

Bar access on 19:20 - Aug 26 by KenBoon

What about the stewards that either shepard the smokers round the corner or 'pretend' not to see them?

Despite this being illegal?
Bar access on 20:13 - Aug 26 with 2524 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bar access on 20:10 - Aug 26 by DaleFan7

What about the stewards that either shepard the smokers round the corner or 'pretend' not to see them?

Despite this being illegal?

I heard the steward say smoke where I can't see you, the vapers were allowed to stay

Bar access on 21:16 - Aug 26 with 2432 viewsKenBoon

Bar access on 20:08 - Aug 26 by rochdaleriddler

Tbf you're talking bollocks, pub wasn't full, the club has fooked this up

I agree, the club has fooked this up. Is a regular steward supposed to sort it out for them on the floor? Or does he do the job he is told to, which considering its safety is probably the best thing to. As for smokers and vapers, I've read folk say letting them into an open air area where they can smoke is "common sense". I couldn't give a heck tbh, but if you don't like it then report them to their senior.
Bar access on 21:24 - Aug 26 with 2406 viewsSuddenLad

Bar access on 17:30 - Aug 26 by 1907

Nobody from the main stand allowed access until five minutes before second half kick off. Why the hell was there a wedding function blocking the main room at the biggest Derby game of the season? Absolute shambles yet again. This club has gone backwards beyond belief over the summer!

The wedding will have been booked long before the fixtures were released. Just unfortunate that it coincided with a home fixture. Do you think the bride and groom should have been told to re-arrange their dates, or find a different venue ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bar access on 22:05 - Aug 26 with 2307 viewsAtThePeake

Bar access on 21:24 - Aug 26 by SuddenLad

The wedding will have been booked long before the fixtures were released. Just unfortunate that it coincided with a home fixture. Do you think the bride and groom should have been told to re-arrange their dates, or find a different venue ??

Maybe the Ratcliffe shouldn't take wedding bookings for a Saturday in the football season?...

Tangled up in blue.

Bar access on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 2272 viewsClivert

Bar access on 22:05 - Aug 26 by AtThePeake

Maybe the Ratcliffe shouldn't take wedding bookings for a Saturday in the football season?...

We'd be away every other Saturday during the football season though, what are The Radcliffe supposed to do with those Saturday nights?
Bar access on 22:17 - Aug 26 with 2265 views442Dale

As the club have said previously when this issue came up, they have a meeting after every home game to discuss any issues that have arisen. This, along with the tannoy situation, will no doubt be on the agenda and supporters could, if necessary, ask the Trust to provide any further information should it be required.

This thread illustrates that this process can work effectively where required, as an excellent precedent had now been set.

Bar access on 02:14 - Aug 27 with 2116 viewsswiggy

Yes, great, club meet with trust, access to bar sorted, oh shit there's a wedding, why wasn't this mentioned to the trust or in the club statement? I'm glad 😁 m away in Benidorm or really would be fed up. Talk about arranging piss ups in breweries!! For goodness sake what is going on, access to the bar has been fine for years, now it's not. WHY????
Chaos off the pitch reflected on the pitch, Team Rochdale anybody, don't make me laugh.
Bar access on 07:43 - Aug 27 with 1986 views1907

Bit strange how it's never happened or been an issue before then there's two major cock ups in two games. As others have said why didn't the club mention the fact that there was a wedding on in the statement? Cowardice from the club & yet again the supporters are the least important people in the club.
Bar access on 07:51 - Aug 27 with 1965 viewssoulboy

Should have been dont get bloody married!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 9:01]
Bar access on 09:49 - Aug 27 with 1837 viewsDalenet

Bar access on 22:16 - Aug 26 by Clivert

We'd be away every other Saturday during the football season though, what are The Radcliffe supposed to do with those Saturday nights?

They can book them out when the fixtures are released in June. We are a football club first. The prime role of COA is to provide entertainment for rugby and football fans first. Functions are a secondary income to use the facilities on non match days. You don't see the club booking the main lounge out on Saturdays do you?

We have completely lost the plot.
Bar access on 10:26 - Aug 27 with 1787 viewsSuddenLad

Bar access on 07:43 - Aug 27 by 1907

Bit strange how it's never happened or been an issue before then there's two major cock ups in two games. As others have said why didn't the club mention the fact that there was a wedding on in the statement? Cowardice from the club & yet again the supporters are the least important people in the club.

Cowardice ?? Are you for real ??

If I was a club official reading comments like that, I'd be tempted to shut the Ratcliffe access altogether until after the match..

Problem sorted. Permanently.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024