Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar access 15:52 - Aug 12 with 34160 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sandy laners not allowed to have a pint at half time, but main stand is??

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 15:57 - Aug 12 with 10404 views442Dale

Created some VERY bad feeling. Feel sorry for the police and stewards having to field questions from justifiably upset supporters.

One member of the police stated it was a club decision and they'd only just found out. Some people saying they'd want to swap season tickets now.

Quite why this information wasn't provided to fans prior to today (or prior to 5 mins before half time!) is mystifying. Would expect a full explanation from the club as soon as possible. If anyone from the Trust is reading, please can this be followed up on behalf of supporters so that an amicable resolution is found. If it's just a one-off, what happened to result in such a situation being so poorly dealt with?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bar access on 15:58 - Aug 12 with 10398 viewsDorsetDale

according to ifollow comms, directors were looking bemused by the announcement!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Bar access on 16:02 - Aug 12 with 10379 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bar access on 15:57 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

Created some VERY bad feeling. Feel sorry for the police and stewards having to field questions from justifiably upset supporters.

One member of the police stated it was a club decision and they'd only just found out. Some people saying they'd want to swap season tickets now.

Quite why this information wasn't provided to fans prior to today (or prior to 5 mins before half time!) is mystifying. Would expect a full explanation from the club as soon as possible. If anyone from the Trust is reading, please can this be followed up on behalf of supporters so that an amicable resolution is found. If it's just a one-off, what happened to result in such a situation being so poorly dealt with?

Typical Dale, treating fans badly. This should never have happened, poor stewards getting loads of shit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bar access on 16:12 - Aug 12 with 10348 viewsDaleFan7

Somebody probably forgot where they'd put the little tickets they gave people coming from the Sandy.

Whatever the excuse is there's a lot of p*seed off fans now.
Bar access on 17:23 - Aug 12 with 10190 viewsShun

The way I heard it I assumed it was just a one-off for today. If it's going to be in place all season then I can understand people being upset.
Bar access on 17:34 - Aug 12 with 10127 viewsD_Alien

Was it decided there wasn't enough room? The gate of 3218 wasn't exactly overwhelming was it, although tbf there looked more than that in the ground with around 750 from Scunny

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bar access on 17:34 - Aug 12 with 10132 viewsDaleFan7

Bar access on 17:23 - Aug 12 by Shun

The way I heard it I assumed it was just a one-off for today. If it's going to be in place all season then I can understand people being upset.

Stewards said it was just for today and then when prompted as to if it was for safety, our next game was against Bury. They said oh, do we play Bury?

Didn't have a clue what was going on. Seemed to be a very spur of the moment decision. One that needs an explanation.
Bar access on 17:44 - Aug 12 with 10068 viewsswiggy

According to friend of mine, the bar was very quiet and the bar manager said it was the new safety officer who made the decision, if that's so he obviously hasn't a clue about what is going on as his decision caused loads of upset and resentment. Communication is what it's all about, just inform the fans what's happening and why, instead just complete silence, pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Bar access on 17:53 - Aug 12 with 10001 viewsDaleFan7

Bar access on 17:44 - Aug 12 by swiggy

According to friend of mine, the bar was very quiet and the bar manager said it was the new safety officer who made the decision, if that's so he obviously hasn't a clue about what is going on as his decision caused loads of upset and resentment. Communication is what it's all about, just inform the fans what's happening and why, instead just complete silence, pathetic.

The bar was empty. The fact they announced it over the tannoy about 30 seconds before half time wasn't exactly brilliant timing.
Bar access on 17:56 - Aug 12 with 9979 views442Dale

Bar access on 17:53 - Aug 12 by DaleFan7

The bar was empty. The fact they announced it over the tannoy about 30 seconds before half time wasn't exactly brilliant timing.

Whoever made the decision presumably had it approved at a board meeting/meeting with the chief exec.

A clear, detailed explanation is not only required but deserved. Along with an apology for the timing and lack of detail being available to supporters today.

Bar access on 18:05 - Aug 12 with 9919 viewsTVOS1907

Bar access on 15:57 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

I would be very surprised if the Trust don't get involved. It's surely part of their role.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bar access on 18:05 - Aug 12 with 9918 viewsswiggy

Do not only pissed off loads of fans but cut revenue as well, will this club ever learn that the fans matter?
Bar access on 18:05 - Aug 12 with 9908 viewsBartRowou

Bar access on 17:56 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

Whoever made the decision presumably had it approved at a board meeting/meeting with the chief exec.

A clear, detailed explanation is not only required but deserved. Along with an apology for the timing and lack of detail being available to supporters today.

On the plus side, everyone's got a bit more money tonight and their livers got some respite.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bar access on 18:09 - Aug 12 with 9865 views442Dale

Bar access on 18:05 - Aug 12 by BartRowou

On the plus side, everyone's got a bit more money tonight and their livers got some respite.

Unless they're going out to spend it in pubs around the north west instead of providing Keith Hill with more money for a centre half.

Bar access on 18:20 - Aug 12 with 9806 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What a bizarre situation......the throng had already gathered at the Sandy exit in anticipation and money in hand!

How can the Club forgoe the revenue? Crazy

Please update us Mr Safety?
Bar access on 18:33 - Aug 12 with 9723 views442Dale

Bar access on 18:20 - Aug 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

What a bizarre situation......the throng had already gathered at the Sandy exit in anticipation and money in hand!

How can the Club forgoe the revenue? Crazy

Please update us Mr Safety?

I'm sure the club will look to provide that update as soon as they can once they review the situation as a matter or urgency because, as you say, they can ill afford to lose out on the money; £100-£200 from those who gathered maybe? And that's from people who already knew they couldn't actually get to the bar! Plenty more might not have bothered after hearing the announcement.

As TVOS rightly points out, the Trust have a role to play too (should the club's explanation not be timely/sufficient). They carried out a survey which identified that representing views of supporters to the club was seen as the main purpose of the Trust, and they promoted that here: http://www.daletrust.co.uk/membership-details-2017-18/
What with the commitment to increased communication as well, there will probably be something on their social media/website/this thread in short order.

Bar access on 18:47 - Aug 12 with 9649 viewsswiggy

Posters all round town
READY FOR IT?
Great publicity but unfortunately the Radcliffe Arms wasn't ready.
Bit ironic that there is a banner outside the Radcliffe saying "All fans welcome", perhaps they should put in brackets underneath, "unless you're a Dale fan in the Sandy Lane"
Bar access on 18:48 - Aug 12 with 9638 viewsD_Alien

Ahead of any explanation coming from the club, there can surely only be one possible excuse for what happened: in the opinion of the ground safety officer, it would've created a safety issue to have allowed those in the Sandy entry into the main stand bar areas

Given that we've had much bigger numbers in both the Sandy and the Main Stand within the past few months (e.g. at the Bradford fixture) without any problem, if this is the explanation then i'd suggest we have a problem with our (new?) ground safety officer

Bar access on 18:51 - Aug 12 with 9616 viewsD_Alien

Bar access on 18:47 - Aug 12 by swiggy

Posters all round town
READY FOR IT?
Great publicity but unfortunately the Radcliffe Arms wasn't ready.
Bit ironic that there is a banner outside the Radcliffe saying "All fans welcome", perhaps they should put in brackets underneath, "unless you're a Dale fan in the Sandy Lane"

Brilliant!

Clearly, we're not...

There's also a video of KH on Rochdale Online at the Feelgood Festival where he emphasises the importance of relations between the club and the community. Someone should tell our board to watch it

Bar access on 18:52 - Aug 12 with 9601 views442Dale

Bar access on 18:48 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

Ahead of any explanation coming from the club, there can surely only be one possible excuse for what happened: in the opinion of the ground safety officer, it would've created a safety issue to have allowed those in the Sandy entry into the main stand bar areas

Given that we've had much bigger numbers in both the Sandy and the Main Stand within the past few months (e.g. at the Bradford fixture) without any problem, if this is the explanation then i'd suggest we have a problem with our (new?) ground safety officer

And presumably this situation has been assessed properly in the past to determine numbers and counts are kept to ensure access is monitored.

If it's someone's opinion/decision, let's hear it.

Bar access on 19:27 - Aug 12 with 9457 viewspioneer

Bar access on 18:05 - Aug 12 by swiggy

Do not only pissed off loads of fans but cut revenue as well, will this club ever learn that the fans matter?

Based on the past 110 years evidence, No
Bar access on 19:46 - Aug 12 with 9373 views1mark1

So poor on two levels.

Pissing off loyal supporters and foregoing useful income.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Bar access on 20:16 - Aug 12 with 9250 viewsKenBoon

Why would someone who wants a drink at half time buy a ticket to the only stand in the ground that doesn't have a bar? I know there's been some bar pass scheme in recent seasons, but it's never been beyond the bounds of possibility that the safety people would put a stop to it. They've done wackier things in the past.
Bar access on 20:25 - Aug 12 with 9215 viewsswiggy

Bar access on 20:16 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

Why would someone who wants a drink at half time buy a ticket to the only stand in the ground that doesn't have a bar? I know there's been some bar pass scheme in recent seasons, but it's never been beyond the bounds of possibility that the safety people would put a stop to it. They've done wackier things in the past.

😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵dickhead
Bar access on 20:30 - Aug 12 with 9181 views442Dale

Bar access on 20:16 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

If that information was available in terms of a change in policy, people may well have made a different choice. Or if that change has occurred since then supporters could have been afforded an opportunity to swap their ticket. All about communication to benefit both the club and its fans.

It may well have been an unavoidable one-off, we will soon found out when that communication is improved on the situation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024