Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the directors 11:29 - Jan 14 with 37432 viewsColDale

In case you missed it, this was announced a few days ago
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-january-2018/

Meeting with the directors on 20:51 - Jan 17 with 4231 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Meeting with the directors on 20:42 - Jan 17 by Newbury_Dale

Well done you

and well done to you for not asking another question.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 20:53]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Meeting with the directors on 08:08 - Jan 18 with 4039 viewsjudd

Why does the club keep spelling Kelvin Andrews'ss name wrong?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Meeting with the directors on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 3864 viewsdingdangblue

Meeting with the directors on 08:08 - Jan 18 by judd

Why does the club keep spelling Kelvin Andrews'ss name wrong?

And Cozy Enclare.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meeting with the directors on 12:26 - Jan 18 with 3785 viewsSalwaDale

Could you please ask whether they know if there are plans for the commentary to be added to the video on ifollow? Also, would it be possible to have the commentary team set up and plug in more than a few minutes before kick off? On too many occasions it has been a few minutes into the game before we can hear them as they didn't realise they were offline, which is a bit of a shame as the standard of commentary is much improved over the last few days.

TBBT

Meeting with the directors on 13:11 - Jan 18 with 3730 viewsDorsetDale

Player illness.
It seems to me this is far too common in a club where the health of professional sportsmen is paramount. Almost every week we get reports of such and such being unwell, reporting in sick etc..

Is the food players eat monitored? We have (according to his linked in page) a qualified nutritionist at the club. Is he responsible for player nutrition and if so, why so much illness? (which ultimately comes from bad diet and conditioning)

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Meeting with the directors on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 3710 viewsE_Bearshaw

Meeting with the directors on 19:17 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

So far:

- Kit: passing on thanks for the idea to reintroduce fan input in designing next year's kit, and a request that it remains that way please.

- What happened with kit manufacturers after it was mentioned that we were unhappy with Errea as we've now signed up for another year with them?

- are there plans to reintroduce smoking at half time? Are the club considering a smoking area in the corner between the Main Stand & Pearl St?

- Tannoy system: what's being done to resolve the sound issue? The volume levels in some stands (Sandy Lane and Main Stand mentioned as being problematic) are almost unbearable at times. Wasn't work carried out to address this in the summer?

- what were the club's thoughts on the negativity created around the tannoy announcer's position?

- what have been the issues with pitch and what plans are in place to address it before the end of the season?

- Season Tickets: is there a plan in place for next season and when will info be released to supporters?

- What do the board see as the positives and negatives from this season's season ticket initiative? And what have they learnt from the experiment?

- Can we charge away fans whatever they charge us for every game next season?

- The lighting outside of the ground especially the main/stand exit is pretty poor and with an uneven floor any chance of this being improved?

- How is the new safety officer settling in? Have they had a positive influence?

- Why have we sold a player to a team we are in a relegation battle with?

- Food at the catering kiosks.
Since the take over of the stadium the quality of food has seriously declined to the point myself and friends no longer use it at all, resulting in the football club losing much needed match day revenue. Six supporters used to all buy the foot long hot dog sausages, but these have changed and aren't of the same quality. Similarly the pies aren't as good as in previous years.
Why has the club stopped serving steak pies, replacing them with steak and pepper pie?
What have the club put in place to review fans' opinions on the catering?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 19:38]

With regards to the announcer issue, the last correspondence I had with the club about it all was a phone call with Russ on September 25th (day before Blackpool away) in which I outlined the issues I felt needed addressing. I made some very genuine and serious allegations during what was around a 20 minute call, and was assured by Russ that he would have a “solution” for me within the week. I never heard back from him, and haven’t been back to Dale since.

If somebody does decide to mention the announcer debacle, I’d hold my breath for anything more than “it just didn’t work out”.
Meeting with the directors on 13:32 - Jan 18 with 3675 viewsChaffRAFC

Meeting with the directors on 13:17 - Jan 18 by E_Bearshaw

With regards to the announcer issue, the last correspondence I had with the club about it all was a phone call with Russ on September 25th (day before Blackpool away) in which I outlined the issues I felt needed addressing. I made some very genuine and serious allegations during what was around a 20 minute call, and was assured by Russ that he would have a “solution” for me within the week. I never heard back from him, and haven’t been back to Dale since.

If somebody does decide to mention the announcer debacle, I’d hold my breath for anything more than “it just didn’t work out”.

#TeamRochdale

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Meeting with the directors on 14:04 - Jan 18 with 3592 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 13:17 - Jan 18 by E_Bearshaw

Normally, I'd have said that if you'd followed up the phone call by putting it in writing, the club would've then been obliged (as if they weren't already) to follow up your concerns and provide answers

Except I won't...

Written concerns aren't replied to either. And that's genuine and well-written concerns

There's mileage for fans in obtaining feedback on some issues, so I'm not knocking it and those like 442 who put a lot of effort into this exercise deserve praise; but on anything of major importance, it's a closed shop. And that's fine really. You pays your money (relatively speaking) and takes your choice. Just as long as that's understood

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the directors on 14:09 - Jan 18 with 3572 viewsE_Bearshaw

Meeting with the directors on 14:04 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

Normally, I'd have said that if you'd followed up the phone call by putting it in writing, the club would've then been obliged (as if they weren't already) to follow up your concerns and provide answers

Except I won't...

Written concerns aren't replied to either. And that's genuine and well-written concerns

There's mileage for fans in obtaining feedback on some issues, so I'm not knocking it and those like 442 who put a lot of effort into this exercise deserve praise; but on anything of major importance, it's a closed shop. And that's fine really. You pays your money (relatively speaking) and takes your choice. Just as long as that's understood

It got tiring and was putting a strain on me. That’s why I left it there. Unfortunately though I saw an email from a club official a couple of weeks ago that brazenly lied about the situation, and I’m now gathering my different emails and texts from the club about the issues we had, and we’ll see where we go.

I wish everyone the best of luck in raising issues with the club. Tough to do this sort of thing when it’s something that plays such a big (and largely positive) part in your life.
Meeting with the directors on 14:17 - Jan 18 with 3549 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 14:09 - Jan 18 by E_Bearshaw

It got tiring and was putting a strain on me. That’s why I left it there. Unfortunately though I saw an email from a club official a couple of weeks ago that brazenly lied about the situation, and I’m now gathering my different emails and texts from the club about the issues we had, and we’ll see where we go.

I wish everyone the best of luck in raising issues with the club. Tough to do this sort of thing when it’s something that plays such a big (and largely positive) part in your life.

Fully understand your initial reluctance

Best of luck, whatever you decide is in your best interests

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Meeting with the directors on 14:31 - Jan 18 with 3503 viewsalderleydale

Meeting with the directors on 13:32 - Jan 18 by ChaffRAFC

#TeamRochdale

Short and succinct reply

But says so much

Well done Chaff
Meeting with the directors on 17:56 - Jan 18 with 3384 viewsDale23years

Meeting with the directors on 14:31 - Jan 18 by alderleydale

Short and succinct reply

But says so much

Well done Chaff

Questions

1 What has happens to #teamrochdale, or does only apply when it's season ticket time
2 What effect has hornets finance difficulties had on us if any.
3 Do you think it's acceptable for a director to speak to paying customers like he did a few months ago.
4 Any updates on our training grounds.
5 Reasons behide giving Hill a 5 year contract
6 What do you think about attendances against our season ticket numbers.
7 Are the people who win the goldbond real
8 can we employ ParkinGimp as a scout

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Meeting with the directors on 17:57 - Jan 18 with 3382 viewsDale23years

Meeting with the directors on 17:56 - Jan 18 by Dale23years

Questions

1 What has happens to #teamrochdale, or does only apply when it's season ticket time
2 What effect has hornets finance difficulties had on us if any.
3 Do you think it's acceptable for a director to speak to paying customers like he did a few months ago.
4 Any updates on our training grounds.
5 Reasons behide giving Hill a 5 year contract
6 What do you think about attendances against our season ticket numbers.
7 Are the people who win the goldbond real
8 can we employ ParkinGimp as a scout

9 What's your thoughts on the pitch

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Meeting with the directors on 19:15 - Jan 18 with 3268 viewsfinberty

Meeting with the directors on 17:57 - Jan 18 by Dale23years

9 What's your thoughts on the pitch

10. Is there a back-room team rebuilding and conditioning Steve Davies? We'd then have one hell of a forward when that's completed. It'd be like a new signing.
Meeting with the directors on 19:35 - Jan 18 with 3229 viewsJimmyRustler

Meeting with the directors on 19:15 - Jan 18 by finberty

10. Is there a back-room team rebuilding and conditioning Steve Davies? We'd then have one hell of a forward when that's completed. It'd be like a new signing.

I think putting it like this would rustle some J's:

'Given that we saw no improvment in Conrad Logan's fitness and conditioning whilst he was here (who has now gone on to lose a significant amount of weight at Mansfield), can we assume the same laissez-faire attitude is being employed with regards to Steve Davies' physical condition?'
Meeting with the directors on 19:37 - Jan 18 with 3227 views442Dale

Thanks for the questions, have had some sent to me as well. Some overlap in a general theme so will collate and get them sent in.

Again, please join the Trust if you haven't already as these questions can then go in direct. With the quantity maybe a monthly/bi-monthly review (not necessarily a meeting which takes the Trust time) process could be put in place where the club can monitor the fans' feelings and act where appropriate to improve things for everyone.

Nobody would dispute that's what we all want.

Credit to the club for welcoming this interaction with the Trust, if we can improve it further then that's got to help.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meeting with the directors on 10:36 - Jan 21 with 2883 viewsSheffdale

I've sent a version of this to the Trust but worth sharing on here. It strikes me that a simple after action review process would bring learnings on a whole host of actions at the COA, such as yesterday's postponement. I think it would benefit everybody if Directors asked questions of themselves such as:

What was supposed to happen?

What actually happened?

Why were there differences?

What have we learned?

What will we do differently next time?

These obviously work better with a no blame culture and a trained facilitator leading a session with directors but I'd be interested to know how the board handles evaluation and whether there is room for improvement. Does Dale aspire to be a learning organisation? There are plenty of templates on the web for this sort of process and I've seen it used to good effect in my working life.
Meeting with the directors on 10:45 - Jan 21 with 2856 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 10:36 - Jan 21 by Sheffdale

I've sent a version of this to the Trust but worth sharing on here. It strikes me that a simple after action review process would bring learnings on a whole host of actions at the COA, such as yesterday's postponement. I think it would benefit everybody if Directors asked questions of themselves such as:

What actually happened?

What have we learned?

These obviously work better with a no blame culture and a trained facilitator leading a session with directors but I'd be interested to know how the board handles evaluation and whether there is room for improvement. Does Dale aspire to be a learning organisation? There are plenty of templates on the web for this sort of process and I've seen it used to good effect in my working life.

Excellent! I’d put together something similar, though not as good as that. Saves me a job of sending it in.

It’s basics. Anyone should welcome evaluation of how they could do better. Players take that on board from the manager, it should exist at every level of a football club around every possible situation that may occur because it actually helps people.

Meeting with the directors on 11:07 - Jan 21 with 2813 viewsrochdaleriddler

What actually happened?

What have we learned?

Yup

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Meeting with the directors on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 2762 viewsaleanddale

A genuine good luck to the trust and the board.

Honesty and transparency required.

If we are genuinely in a financial mess then how bad is it and what's the plan to resolve.

Two major issues need sorting. The pitch has to be the number one focus.

Secondly how can communication be improved so if we are in a dog fight on / off the pitch we are in it together?

Hot dog gate and the like can take a back seat for me.. We have a seriously leaky roof and I want to know materials have been ordered and a reputable builder booked!!
Meeting with the directors on 12:33 - Jan 21 with 2675 viewskiwidale

What actually happened?

What have we learned?

That makes far to much sense.

This is not the time for bickering.

Meeting with the directors on 14:04 - Jan 21 with 2598 viewsKenBoon

With regards to the smoking zone, I think this is a pretty important issue. The club need to do something whilst also making smoking in the bogs zero-tolerance. There's a blind-eye turned to it imho and those signs about using illegal drugs on the premises didn't just come out of nowhere. For peoples safety the use of legal drugs like cigarettes needs its own dedicated patch, and if there's space away from the stand, in the open air where no exits are blocked then it makes sense to use it.
Meeting with the directors on 14:42 - Jan 21 with 2551 viewskiwidale

pardon if this question has been covered but Is the trust meeting an open forum or just the trust committee meeting with the club?

This is not the time for bickering.

Meeting with the directors on 15:20 - Jan 21 with 2500 viewsDaleFan7

Meeting with the directors on 14:04 - Jan 21 by KenBoon

With regards to the smoking zone, I think this is a pretty important issue. The club need to do something whilst also making smoking in the bogs zero-tolerance. There's a blind-eye turned to it imho and those signs about using illegal drugs on the premises didn't just come out of nowhere. For peoples safety the use of legal drugs like cigarettes needs its own dedicated patch, and if there's space away from the stand, in the open air where no exits are blocked then it makes sense to use it.

I thought smoking was banned altogether in football league grounds and football grounds that are enclosed?

If people can't wait 2 hours to have a fag then that should be their problem, not the clubs imo. Our club are far too soft at stopping people from smoking in areas it clearly states you can't smoke.
Meeting with the directors on 15:28 - Jan 21 with 2480 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 14:42 - Jan 21 by kiwidale

pardon if this question has been covered but Is the trust meeting an open forum or just the trust committee meeting with the club?

The Trust board meet with the club, they invite questions from members. Those questions are then put to the club.

They represent the members/supporters and provide a valuable link to ensure each and every question is answered.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024