Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away 18:52 - Oct 9 with 36502 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:21 - Oct 9 with 3706 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oh,Peter Vincenti scores for Macc at Acc........I hope Mr Hill is tapping up Joey Barton on how to dick Donny on Saturday.....get the drinks in Hilly.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:22 - Oct 9 with 3687 viewsfitzochris

Yonsian looks like he’ll be coming on.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:33 - Oct 9 with 3523 viewsfitzochris

Every player has been great tonight, to be fair. Fleetwood are weak compared to the team they had out on Saturday, but we’ve still done what we had to.

McGahey and Kgosi have been solid at centre back, Hart was ace at left back and Matheson at right. Adshead, Cannon, Morley, Dooley, Rafferty and any other bugger who has ended up in the midfield diamond have put in a shift.

Williams and Clough have both looked useful up front too. Clough has gone close with a couple of free kicks and Williams has been a pest the entire game.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:39 - Oct 9 with 3416 viewsSuddenLad

We can only beat the 11 players selected by the opposition.

Sounds like an encouraging performance with so many youngsters in the squad tonight.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:40 - Oct 9 with 3393 viewsSheffdale

All very encouraging. Top of the league! Good to see: 1) the continued emphasis on youth in this competition 2) KH asking some of the fringe players eg Kgosi to take leadership roles 3) Clough, Moore and Dooley getting game time.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:24 - Oct 9 with 2972 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:40 - Oct 9 by Sheffdale

All very encouraging. Top of the league! Good to see: 1) the continued emphasis on youth in this competition 2) KH asking some of the fringe players eg Kgosi to take leadership roles 3) Clough, Moore and Dooley getting game time.

It'd not surprise me if, when Dale play Leicester U21 next month, he selects mostly U21 players, challenging them to show they are better than a 'Premiership' outfit.

669 attendance: not seen the number of visiting fans.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2018 22:36]
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:26 - Oct 9 with 2944 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:24 - Oct 9 by D_Dale

It'd not surprise me if, when Dale play Leicester U21 next month, he selects mostly U21 players, challenging them to show they are better than a 'Premiership' outfit.

Great idea. Why not ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:29 - Oct 9 with 2928 viewsleedsdale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:24 - Oct 9 by D_Dale

No change in approach for Leicester game

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:43 - Oct 9 with 2839 viewssweetcorn

We might be playing weaker sides, but we seem to be winning when the young lads morley and adshead play in midfield, as opposed to when camps, perkins, etc. play, is it time to give some of them a chance in the league to play?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:20 - Oct 9 with 2701 views49thseason

Keith seems less than amused by the challenge that resulted in Adshead being subbed off

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:32 - Oct 9 with 2669 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:20 - Oct 9 by 49thseason

Keith seems less than amused by the challenge that resulted in Adshead being subbed off

A lengthy time out as well by the sounds of it. What is he referring to when he says about JW11 being ridiculed for scoring his first goal?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:37 - Oct 9 with 2651 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:43 - Oct 9 by sweetcorn

We might be playing weaker sides, but we seem to be winning when the young lads morley and adshead play in midfield, as opposed to when camps, perkins, etc. play, is it time to give some of them a chance in the league to play?

That would be nice but it sounds like Adshead could be out for a while according to Keith - hope he's just being overly pessimistic and it's not as bad as he's making out.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:47 - Oct 9 with 2617 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:32 - Oct 9 by James1980

A lengthy time out as well by the sounds of it. What is he referring to when he says about JW11 being ridiculed for scoring his first goal?

Good question, James. Certainly those there tonight were very pleased for him. One can only assume there was a negative comment from somewhere which the manager heard.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 00:05 - Oct 10 with 2564 viewsDaley_Lama

Trying to think of a Dale player that we have paid "money" for that has actually been a major success.

Example: Andy Flounders. Signed in a blaze of glory, He wasn't a flop (sic) for me but was not a great success individually.

JW11 had an immediate millstone around his neck the moment he was signed, we paid a fee and the "other clubs were after him" tag was stuck all over him.

Last season he looked like a fish out of water
This season he is looking like he has had swimming lessons

Tough step up two divisions, some do it easily, some take a bit of time.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 00:57 - Oct 10 with 2484 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 00:05 - Oct 10 by Daley_Lama

Trying to think of a Dale player that we have paid "money" for that has actually been a major success.

Example: Andy Flounders. Signed in a blaze of glory, He wasn't a flop (sic) for me but was not a great success individually.

JW11 had an immediate millstone around his neck the moment he was signed, we paid a fee and the "other clubs were after him" tag was stuck all over him.

Chris O'Grady?
Although we had a 'try before you buy' option.
Was there fee for Alfie or Dagnall?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 01:06 - Oct 10 with 2474 viewswindowsbug

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 00:05 - Oct 10 by Daley_Lama

Clive Platt 100000?
Paul Connor 150000?
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 01:39 - Oct 10 with 2428 viewsDickydaler

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:32 - Oct 9 by James1980

A couple of morons a few rows in front of me decided to sing hallelujah after he scored, and few others decided to joined in. It did unfortunately raise a laugh from some. There was, understandably some very fierce glares and shaking of head by hilly.
And to be fair to Williams it was a good goal, not just a tap in. I don't think he had a brilliant game but as someone else said he did make a nuisance of himself.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 06:02 - Oct 10 with 2269 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 01:39 - Oct 10 by Dickydaler

A couple of morons a few rows in front of me decided to sing hallelujah after he scored, and few others decided to joined in. It did unfortunately raise a laugh from some. There was, understandably some very fierce glares and shaking of head by hilly.
And to be fair to Williams it was a good goal, not just a tap in. I don't think he had a brilliant game but as someone else said he did make a nuisance of himself.

It was me who said he was a pest throughout, as he was. In my opinion that meant he had a good game, because the opposition always had to think of him.

Why anyone thought singing hallelujah would be funny, is beyond me.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 06:04 - Oct 10 with 2266 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 23:37 - Oct 9 by dingdangblue

That would be nice but it sounds like Adshead could be out for a while according to Keith - hope he's just being overly pessimistic and it's not as bad as he's making out.

It was a bad tackle from behind. Adshead was punching the ground in pain when it happened. Being young and keen, he tried to carry on, but it was obvious he was hurt.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 06:25 - Oct 10 with 2213 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 06:02 - Oct 10 by fitzochris

It was me who said he was a pest throughout, as he was. In my opinion that meant he had a good game, because the opposition always had to think of him.

Why anyone thought singing hallelujah would be funny, is beyond me.

Hi Fitz

I am looking forward to buying a copy of your next publication "Acceptable Modes of Celebration at Football Matches Involving Rochdale AFC", in particular the chapter offering a guide as to how to celebrate a goal in what you consider to be an appropriate manner.

I wasn't there last night, but I am now concerned that I may have been celebrating goals in the wrong way, and indeed that I have been supporting Rochdale in the wrong way, for several years. I am sure that I will not be the only one who will be re-assured that we are behaving in a proper and approved way once we have received your appropriate guidance.

With thanks from a grateful Dale fan.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:07 - Oct 10 with 2128 viewsrichfoad32

It wasn't exactly a clean strike, it went in aided by a deflection. He did start the move with a neat flicked header inside to Done however. To me he still seems to be lacking in confidence, I remember seeing his highlights video from Barrow when we bought him in and he was banging them in from all angles and running past players for fun. A couple of times he was in last night and you never got the feeling anything would come of it, both ended in tame efforts.

Hopefully he'll get a boost now with a goal under his belt. As Fitz said, at the very least he's a pest and his pace gives defenders summat to think about. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a regular starter but Hill obviously is seeing things he likes from at the minute and is involving him more. Be nice for all concerned if he starts to justify at least some of his price tag.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:20 - Oct 10 with 2097 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 06:25 - Oct 10 by smaclad1

Hi Fitz

I am looking forward to buying a copy of your next publication "Acceptable Modes of Celebration at Football Matches Involving Rochdale AFC", in particular the chapter offering a guide as to how to celebrate a goal in what you consider to be an appropriate manner.

I wasn't there last night, but I am now concerned that I may have been celebrating goals in the wrong way, and indeed that I have been supporting Rochdale in the wrong way, for several years. I am sure that I will not be the only one who will be re-assured that we are behaving in a proper and approved way once we have received your appropriate guidance.

With thanks from a grateful Dale fan.

Er, hi Smaclad.

I said I didn’t find it funny, and I’m not sure why anyone else would, but people can celebrate as they wish and I would never try to dictate otherwise.

I tend to celebrate a goal by cheering and applauding, weird, I know.

Yet again another new poster to the forum with an exaggerated view.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:54 - Oct 10 with 2017 viewsEllDale

I believe that it was Burns who chopped down Adshead.
Was it him who put Henderson over the wall in the league game?
If it had been Canavan making the foul the last night I suspect that this particular referee might have been reaching for a red card.......
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:17 - Oct 10 with 1961 viewsTVOS1907

Cheers, I never heard that. Was it some people sat towards the front?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:25 - Oct 10 with 1928 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:20 - Oct 10 by fitzochris

Er, hi Smaclad.

I said I didn’t find it funny, and I’m not sure why anyone else would, but people can celebrate as they wish and I would never try to dictate otherwise.

I tend to celebrate a goal by cheering and applauding, weird, I know.

Yet again another new poster to the forum with an exaggerated view.

Oh dear. "Another new poster to the forum". Apologies for breaking into your clique, but if you really think this board is better off without new posters I'd be tempted to leave it to you.

As current holder (I think) of the 'best post on here for some time' award for a post in which I described thinking my posts had been sarcastic, borderline rude and something else I can't remember (but hopefully something suggesting humour) I reserve my right to make "exaggerated" comments - among others - even though I have not served a three year apprenticeship on this board and been accepted into the clique.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024