Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away 18:52 - Oct 9 with 36503 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 12:27 - Oct 11 with 4108 viewskel

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 12:26 - Oct 11 by dingdangblue

Kinda proved my point - thanks.

No worries. Logged back in quickly there didnā€™t you?

Anyone would think you spend your life on here...
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 13:19 - Oct 11 with 4002 viewsEllDale

Did Wes Burns spend all night kicking our kids?
Perhaps he needs some stick when they come to the COA.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 3937 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 12:27 - Oct 11 by kel

No worries. Logged back in quickly there didnā€™t you?

Anyone would think you spend your life on here...

I hadn't logged out? I thought you would know that with your peculiar obsession.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 14:26 - Oct 11 with 3908 viewskel

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 14:10 - Oct 11 by dingdangblue

I hadn't logged out? I thought you would know that with your peculiar obsession.

You need to speak to your mate about obsession. He wrote the book (in between driving past my house and looking in).
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 20:44 - Oct 11 with 3664 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 11:32 - Oct 11 by Shun

That shouldnā€™t immediately mean there are cliques though. There are two or three posters who I upvote about 65% of their posts simply because their thoughts and attitudes are generally aligned with mine and they articulate them well. I could tell you their usernames but not their real names and I wouldnā€™t know them in real life if I spilt a cup of hot chocolate over them.

And, as ever, the ganging up fallacy is a simple case of people debating othersā€™ opinions.

To be a member of a clique in life is normal we all align ourselves to like minded people on here as well as real life. I find myself in agreement with certain posters as you also admit to and those I try to avoid until it gets personal as it often does. I do not include anybody per se in my Clique comment, by definition a clique is exclusive unlike the one on here were there is no list of names nor is there a requirement to know each other personally it will welcome anybody that agrees with them and is quite fluid, there are no leaders as such just mainly foot soldiers who are quick to jump in with upvotes and derogatory comment without adding anything to the subject on debate other than to denigrate by personal insult an opposing view.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 21:02]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 20:48 - Oct 11 with 3659 viewsDaleiLama

All this tosh about cliques is BS in my view. I'm not saying that there aren't folk who know each other on here, but to suggest there is some kind of covert conspiracy is beyond the pale.

Can't remember if I've posted this before or just thought it, but I think of this place as a virtual pub. There will always be folks in your local you get on with and those you don't. You will gravitate to certain people, often subliminally, cos you have things and opinions in common. You may be forever seeking to challenge opinions in the pub cos you are that way minded or just fancy a bit of fun. You may go in there for banter, support, whatever.

To suggest that there is some sort of collective "hive" mentality against a certain view is garbage. Just look at a matchday thread. There are as many views and opinions on us, them, motm, who played well and who didn't as there are posters sometimes. Views are discussed mostly respectfully and any perceived "ganging up", I would suggest, is as a result of a comment that is out of order. I once made a comment about CD and finances which was plain wrong and ill-informed. I got slated for it and once I had my misunderstandings corrected and explained, I apologised. I didn't feel victimised, or "excluded" by a mysterious clique of alluring or non-alluring members, because there isn't one.

Most Dale fans are level-headed folk who have a strong sense of fair play and are possessed of a good dose of common sense. It is perhaps this feature which is alluded to when "the clique" is invoked by someone who has made a comment which offends one of these characteristics. The existence of a clique of any kind is as preposterous as the idea of someone setting up two user ids and talking to his/herself on line. That's all I've got to say about that.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:00 - Oct 11 with 3637 views442Dale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 20:48 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

All this tosh about cliques is BS in my view. I'm not saying that there aren't folk who know each other on here, but to suggest there is some kind of covert conspiracy is beyond the pale.

Can't remember if I've posted this before or just thought it, but I think of this place as a virtual pub. There will always be folks in your local you get on with and those you don't. You will gravitate to certain people, often subliminally, cos you have things and opinions in common. You may be forever seeking to challenge opinions in the pub cos you are that way minded or just fancy a bit of fun. You may go in there for banter, support, whatever.

To suggest that there is some sort of collective "hive" mentality against a certain view is garbage. Just look at a matchday thread. There are as many views and opinions on us, them, motm, who played well and who didn't as there are posters sometimes. Views are discussed mostly respectfully and any perceived "ganging up", I would suggest, is as a result of a comment that is out of order. I once made a comment about CD and finances which was plain wrong and ill-informed. I got slated for it and once I had my misunderstandings corrected and explained, I apologised. I didn't feel victimised, or "excluded" by a mysterious clique of alluring or non-alluring members, because there isn't one.

Most Dale fans are level-headed folk who have a strong sense of fair play and are possessed of a good dose of common sense. It is perhaps this feature which is alluded to when "the clique" is invoked by someone who has made a comment which offends one of these characteristics. The existence of a clique of any kind is as preposterous as the idea of someone setting up two user ids and talking to his/herself on line. That's all I've got to say about that.

I sit in the pub bemoaning kit clashes. Thatā€™s it.

So yeah, itā€™s a good analogy.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:33 - Oct 11 with 3594 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:00 - Oct 11 by 442Dale

I sit in the pub bemoaning kit clashes. Thatā€™s it.

So yeah, itā€™s a good analogy.

As long as you don't do it on your own!

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:36 - Oct 11 with 3579 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 20:48 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

Your analogy re pub is a good one however in a pub its easier to avoid other customers than on here where any comment is public and quite rightly subject to challenge, nobody in a pub addresses the room like it is on here, You have exaggerated what I posted with your use of "covert conspiracy" and "To suggest that there is some sort of collective "hive" mentality against a certain view is garbage" that is not what I have said or implied.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:05 - Oct 11 with 3534 views442Dale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:36 - Oct 11 by kiwidale

Your analogy re pub is a good one however in a pub its easier to avoid other customers than on here where any comment is public and quite rightly subject to challenge, nobody in a pub addresses the room like it is on here, You have exaggerated what I posted with your use of "covert conspiracy" and "To suggest that there is some sort of collective "hive" mentality against a certain view is garbage" that is not what I have said or implied.

It is as easy to ignore a post on here as it is the bloke at the end of the bar shouting abuse at the game on the tv.

It is simply a choice.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:06 - Oct 11 with 3532 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:36 - Oct 11 by kiwidale

You have been known to make comments purely to cause a reaction then when a reply comes back at you it's time to throw the "clique" card in,or how offended you are that someone's reacted to your post.

You will naturally get many peoples backs up too with the cheap comments you direct at certain posters on here who have given hours,weeks,months even years of their own time for this club, for that in my eyes you/anyone else deserve all the grief they throw back at you im afraid.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:32 - Oct 11 with 3491 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:06 - Oct 11 by nordenblue

You have been known to make comments purely to cause a reaction then when a reply comes back at you it's time to throw the "clique" card in,or how offended you are that someone's reacted to your post.

You will naturally get many peoples backs up too with the cheap comments you direct at certain posters on here who have given hours,weeks,months even years of their own time for this club, for that in my eyes you/anyone else deserve all the grief they throw back at you im afraid.

At the risk of being accused of cliqueish behaviour, I still voted your post up NB.

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:14 - Oct 12 with 3317 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 22:32 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

At the risk of being accused of cliqueish behaviour, I still voted your post up NB.

How sad that someone as level-headed as yourself feels the need to apologise for upvoting a post.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:28 - Oct 12 with 3307 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 07:14 - Oct 12 by TVOS1907

How sad that someone as level-headed as yourself feels the need to apologise for upvoting a post.

Iā€™ve upvoted your post because it was bright and alluring and Iā€™m not sorry.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:22 - Oct 12 with 3266 viewskiwidale

Nothing in your post NB is on topic or relevant to the subject being discussed. Its all too familiar you make personal comment about me while ignoring what I have posted first you falsely accuse me as in..."You have been known to make comments purely to cause a reaction"... I never make comments cheap or otherwise just to cause a reaction. I say what I mean, if I do over step the mark and deem in necessary I will apologise. You then go on with this silly comment making reference to something from a post that is over six months old or more.... "in my eyes you/anyone else deserve all the grief they throw back at you im afraid"... So in conclusion I deserve "all the grief" for something unrelated to my comments on this thread. Brilliant logic NB how far back is it appropriate to go looking for ammunition? is there some kind of statue of limitations? but fair do's you did get 3 upvotes the irony being one from someone who did so "At the risk of being accused of cliqueish behaviour"

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:47 - Oct 12 with 3216 viewssmaclad1

I think it would be useful for Kiwi, and maybe for others on here, if you would identify the posters on here who have given hours, weeks, months even years of their own time for the club. This will help us all tailor our remarks appropriately - polite and subservient to that select clique, normal internet bollerks to the rest. This will, I am sure, make this forum a more peaceable place and hopefully reduce the amount of obvious distress that is caused to some people.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:20 - Oct 12 with 3178 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:47 - Oct 12 by smaclad1

I think it would be useful for Kiwi, and maybe for others on here, if you would identify the posters on here who have given hours, weeks, months even years of their own time for the club. This will help us all tailor our remarks appropriately - polite and subservient to that select clique, normal internet bollerks to the rest. This will, I am sure, make this forum a more peaceable place and hopefully reduce the amount of obvious distress that is caused to some people.

I'm fully aware who nordrnblue is referring to there is no profit in raking it up again its a pity that its been raised. NB is correct in what he says about his service to the club and the wider Dale community something that has never been in doubt or ever been in question.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 9:32]

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:25 - Oct 12 with 3166 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:22 - Oct 12 by kiwidale

Nothing in your post NB is on topic or relevant to the subject being discussed. Its all too familiar you make personal comment about me while ignoring what I have posted first you falsely accuse me as in..."You have been known to make comments purely to cause a reaction"... I never make comments cheap or otherwise just to cause a reaction. I say what I mean, if I do over step the mark and deem in necessary I will apologise. You then go on with this silly comment making reference to something from a post that is over six months old or more.... "in my eyes you/anyone else deserve all the grief they throw back at you im afraid"... So in conclusion I deserve "all the grief" for something unrelated to my comments on this thread. Brilliant logic NB how far back is it appropriate to go looking for ammunition? is there some kind of statue of limitations? but fair do's you did get 3 upvotes the irony being one from someone who did so "At the risk of being accused of cliqueish behaviour"

"Nothing in your post NB is on topic or relevant to the subject being discussed" very interesting when my post is about a so called clique that apparently exists whenever it's time to throw your toys out of the pram Kiwi,not too dissimilar to the topic on the same page as I'm replying to,explain how that's "not on topic"?

You'll also notice the up votes are from posters(clique central) with quite a rational and a decent measure to their post,if that puts me and them at polar opposites to you and your wild ideas that sits absolutely perfect with me.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:30 - Oct 12 with 3162 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 08:47 - Oct 12 by smaclad1

You don't need me or anyone else for that matter to work out for yourself who has/does put plenty into the club and deserves a little more respect than folk flinging shit at them from the other side of the planet.

The forums far from a peaceful place nor should it be
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:53 - Oct 12 with 3145 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:30 - Oct 12 by nordenblue

You don't need me or anyone else for that matter to work out for yourself who has/does put plenty into the club and deserves a little more respect than folk flinging shit at them from the other side of the planet.

Nope, sorry, I for one haven't much idea as to who on here has done/does a lot for the club. TVOS obviously, but after that I reckon I could put names to maybe half a dozen posters at most - two or three I know have/had roles in or around the club. So, let's know who the posters are that need to be treated with due respect, and those posters like me, who for various reasons will probably fall outside your criteria, are to be subject to internet bollerx - which at the end of the day is all about give and take.
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:54 - Oct 12 with 3145 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:30 - Oct 12 by nordenblue

From memory I made a comment six months ago during a debate on here about the pitch fiasco which should have been long forgotten that you should bring it up again to score cheap points tells me all I need to know about you. What I said was relevant at the time made in the heat of debate In hindsight I regret what I said and any distress that I may have caused it was unnecessary however I said it make of that what you will. I'm struggling to keep this civil NB I suggest we leave this in the gutter where it belongs. .

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 11:37 - Oct 12 with 3082 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 09:53 - Oct 12 by smaclad1

Nope, sorry, I for one haven't much idea as to who on here has done/does a lot for the club. TVOS obviously, but after that I reckon I could put names to maybe half a dozen posters at most - two or three I know have/had roles in or around the club. So, let's know who the posters are that need to be treated with due respect, and those posters like me, who for various reasons will probably fall outside your criteria, are to be subject to internet bollerx - which at the end of the day is all about give and take.

Still not sure why you felt the need to piggy back a reply that wasn't in response to you nor did it imply anything about you either but there you go,each to their own.

Well done on working one of them out,it's more fun though sometimes finding things out for yourself rather than have it all explained to you, all the best
Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 12:05 - Oct 12 with 3033 viewsmightydale

Jesus Christ you lot moan more then an woman on Rag-week.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 12:07 - Oct 12 with 3022 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 11:37 - Oct 12 by nordenblue

Still not sure why you felt the need to piggy back a reply that wasn't in response to you nor did it imply anything about you either but there you go,each to their own.

Well done on working one of them out,it's more fun though sometimes finding things out for yourself rather than have it all explained to you, all the best

WOW! really WOW! I'm at a loss for words

"Still not sure why you felt the need to piggy back a reply that wasn't in response to you nor did it imply anything about you either but there you go,each to their own."

Even my your standards NB that is stunning to the point of sheer madness. You have just accused smaclad of exactly what you have been guilty of since your entry into this thread. You really believe the shit you post don't you?

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 12:35 - Oct 12 with 2987 viewsChaffRAFC

Match thread: Fleetwood Checkatrade away on 21:33 - Oct 11 by DaleiLama

As long as you don't do it on your own!

He doesn't!

#DaleBarKitClique

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024