Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Accrington home 14:03 - Nov 24 with 24304 views442Dale

Lillis in. Welch and Conroy must be injured.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:21 - Nov 24 with 3686 viewsSandyDrum

2nd half was much, much better!
Calvin changed the game, as soon as he came on he ran at the defence and had a shot.

They were scared of him after that and it made the difference.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:23 - Nov 24 with 3679 viewstony_roch975

and I know he's not everyone's favourite but Camps was immense today - tackling, harrying, looking like he had time on the ball (closely followed by McGahey) especially after Calvin introduced when he moved to left and Adshead right m/field - much more of a shape 2nd half. Jordon Williams also had a good game, surprisingly most effective on the wing after the subsitutions.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:31 - Nov 24 with 3630 viewsdawlishdale

Difficult game, made ten times more difficult than it should have been by Hills stubborn attitude.

Was never going to work playing Inman and Williams as the front men with Henderson in a no mans land midfield role. Accy can consider themselves a tad unlucky not to have been a goal up by the time that it dawned on Hill to bring some physical presence on in the form of Calvin. Almost immediately, we looked a threat going forwards, and could have scored a couple before Hendo smuggled it past their keeper with perhaps our first effort on target.

In the end, a hard fought 3 points, but for long periods, both our full backs were poor, with only McGahey and Lillis shining defensively. Delaney improved after a shakey start.

Decent game for Camps, with plenty of good stuff from Adshead.

Williams was bang average I'm afraid, and Inman just not involved.

Hill seemed more interested in turning round to confront supporters asking for a forward to be introduced than he was with changing things on the pitch, and it summed his strange attitude up when he stayed on the pitch at half time to speak at length with one of the groundsmen rather than give a team talk. Wierd.

Still; it's 3 points, and a new world record for the number of sideways passes by our back 4. Accy look a decent side, but still insist on throwing themselves onto the floor when faced with any sort of challenge. Typical Coleman ? Perhaps....but you can see that he's improved as a Manager by being back there.
Match thread: Accrington home on 17:46 - Nov 24 with 3528 viewsD_Alien

First of all, if results had gone against us we could've dropped into the bottom four today. But they didn't and the 3pts has again given us the opportunity to consolidate in mid-table

I thought Accy were edging it until the introduction of Calvin, when suddenly the ball started to stick up front and gave us a platform - the key thing was we scored when on top and from then on managed the game pretty well, despite some late scares brought about by the ref falling for their Coleman tactics (i'm not usually one to criticise refs)

Lillis kept us in the game first half with some important blocks and he'll be delighted with the clean sheet. Everyone played their part; Adshead linking play well and when he tired, Perkins again helped us see the game out. Dooley had another good game too

Also thought Done filled in well at lb and it's good to have these experienced players around to help out. But a final word must go to Calvin, who i thought was quite outstanding and turned the game in our favour when it could easily have gone the other way

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:48 - Nov 24 with 3523 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Accrington home on 14:23 - Nov 24 by EllDale

Apologies, just been told that Hart is suspended.
I wasn't aware that he's picked up a yellow card last week? Presumably for the tackle for which the penalty was awarded?

Correct. It was missed by whoever does the stats at games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:50 - Nov 24 with 3514 viewsShun

Can we all just take a moment to reflect on that fact that we have a 17 year old in our squad who’s just played (and scored) for England U-18s, before coming in today and being one of the best players on the pitch in a tough League One game against decent opposition. 17 years old!

Poor first half from Dale today, very good second half. Lillis, McGahey, Camps, Andrew all played well. I agree with NigeriaMark that it was an enterprising, fighting victory rather than a skilful one, and I think Williams was integral to that with his constant running. The perfect game to bring Perkins on to shore up the game, and that he did.
Match thread: Accrington home on 17:57 - Nov 24 with 3459 views442Dale

Typically sh!tty leading question from Radio Matey reporter designed to get Hill to react about the crowd, still didn’t need to fall for it and proclaim that “too quick to criticise, too slow to support”, not just when we are playing Charlton and Spurs last season apparently. Funny because he’s mentioned numerous other occasions how the excellent support during the second half of the last campaign made a difference.

The Sandy was no different today during a game where we struggled at times.

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:07 - Nov 24 with 3381 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:23 - Nov 24 by tony_roch975

and I know he's not everyone's favourite but Camps was immense today - tackling, harrying, looking like he had time on the ball (closely followed by McGahey) especially after Calvin introduced when he moved to left and Adshead right m/field - much more of a shape 2nd half. Jordon Williams also had a good game, surprisingly most effective on the wing after the subsitutions.

Totally agree re: Camps

My man of the match today and i’ve not complimented him much this season.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:10 - Nov 24 with 3362 viewsJames1980

This place puts a smile on my face after a win. Lots of positives to take from today

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:17 - Nov 24 with 3314 views442Dale

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:10 - Nov 24 by James1980

This place puts a smile on my face after a win. Lots of positives to take from today

Definitely, ground out a win against a good opponent. It’s not that we can’t keep clean sheets, that’s nine in all competitions now, it’s how we react when we concede one.

Still need to address playing our top scorer out of position so it doesn’t see us impacting ourselves, but games like that are being won this season which should mean we won’t be in trouble. 29 points from 27 games would be a poor return, but it’ll keep us up and I’d expect another 10 points on top of that.

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:26 - Nov 24 with 3250 viewsDaley_Lama

I remember when we used to go away to Accy with a good following, sit well above them in the table, play better football than them, and giggle their young ultras would get their drum going and set a flare off....

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:30 - Nov 24 with 3222 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:17 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

Definitely, ground out a win against a good opponent. It’s not that we can’t keep clean sheets, that’s nine in all competitions now, it’s how we react when we concede one.

Still need to address playing our top scorer out of position so it doesn’t see us impacting ourselves, but games like that are being won this season which should mean we won’t be in trouble. 29 points from 27 games would be a poor return, but it’ll keep us up and I’d expect another 10 points on top of that.

Getting a result at Oxford on Tuesday will go a long way towards putting distance between us and the teams bothering the bottom four. Another "Wycombe" or "Shrewsbury" will put us back into that mix

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Accrington home on 18:52 - Nov 24 with 3086 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:46 - Nov 24 by D_Alien

First of all, if results had gone against us we could've dropped into the bottom four today. But they didn't and the 3pts has again given us the opportunity to consolidate in mid-table

I thought Accy were edging it until the introduction of Calvin, when suddenly the ball started to stick up front and gave us a platform - the key thing was we scored when on top and from then on managed the game pretty well, despite some late scares brought about by the ref falling for their Coleman tactics (i'm not usually one to criticise refs)

Lillis kept us in the game first half with some important blocks and he'll be delighted with the clean sheet. Everyone played their part; Adshead linking play well and when he tired, Perkins again helped us see the game out. Dooley had another good game too

Also thought Done filled in well at lb and it's good to have these experienced players around to help out. But a final word must go to Calvin, who i thought was quite outstanding and turned the game in our favour when it could easily have gone the other way

Agree with that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:03 - Nov 24 with 3002 viewsdalenumber2

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:57 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

Typically sh!tty leading question from Radio Matey reporter designed to get Hill to react about the crowd, still didn’t need to fall for it and proclaim that “too quick to criticise, too slow to support”, not just when we are playing Charlton and Spurs last season apparently. Funny because he’s mentioned numerous other occasions how the excellent support during the second half of the last campaign made a difference.

The Sandy was no different today during a game where we struggled at times.

Yes I heard Hill - I was feeling pretty buzzing and he managed to take the edge off with his pop at the fans (who I thought made more noise than usual today).
Match thread: Accrington home on 19:06 - Nov 24 with 2979 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:03 - Nov 24 by dalenumber2

Yes I heard Hill - I was feeling pretty buzzing and he managed to take the edge off with his pop at the fans (who I thought made more noise than usual today).

Spoiler alert : Keith Hill is a bit of a prick

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:41 - Nov 24 with 2818 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:06 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

A bit?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:47 - Nov 24 with 2775 viewskel

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:01 - Nov 24 by dingdangblue

I wish we could be as good as Accrington they cried.

Not like you to be smug.
Match thread: Accrington home on 20:00 - Nov 24 with 2718 viewsfitzochris

To be honest, Hill no longer affects my feelings towards a game. I pretty much zone out now.

However, on this occasion, I would say his comments were bang out of order and a slap in the face to fans who paid ÂŁ40 plus to support the team at Shrewsbury last week.

He’s basically suggesting we are fair weather fans who only turn it on for the big occasion.

The irony is, all right-minded Dale fans are not irked by the players, but, in fact, by Hill’s pre, in and post-game decisions.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:04 - Nov 24 with 2678 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:00 - Nov 24 by fitzochris

To be honest, Hill no longer affects my feelings towards a game. I pretty much zone out now.

However, on this occasion, I would say his comments were bang out of order and a slap in the face to fans who paid ÂŁ40 plus to support the team at Shrewsbury last week.

He’s basically suggesting we are fair weather fans who only turn it on for the big occasion.

The irony is, all right-minded Dale fans are not irked by the players, but, in fact, by Hill’s pre, in and post-game decisions.

Yup

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:05 - Nov 24 with 2673 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:06 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

The biggest understatement on here
Match thread: Accrington home on 20:14 - Nov 24 with 2610 viewsD_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11562743/rochdale-1-0-accr

These 90 seconds give the impression that Accy had the more dangerous forwards (but we had Hendo!)
Match thread: Accrington home on 20:31 - Nov 24 with 2540 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:00 - Nov 24 by fitzochris

Yes some of us set off at 06:15 this morning wrapped up for an Arctic expedition, was surprised at how mild it was today. I know my support is a drop compared to the rest of you die hard Daleys though
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 20:31]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:37 - Nov 24 with 2505 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:47 - Nov 24 by kel

Not like you to be smug.

yer a bit slow today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:38 - Nov 24 with 2497 viewsdeeplishblue

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:05 - Nov 24 by nordenblue

The biggest understatement on here

Hill gets such an easy ride from us it's unbelievable. In the last 18 months we have had to put up with so much dross and there is barely a dissenting voice. Now and again the odd frustrated comment is pounced upon and you would think the knives were out. Great manager, not a very nice man.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:50 - Nov 24 with 2436 viewsrochdale_ranger

We were poor today and lucky to get the three points. First half was boring. Also in general no urgency players don’t look like they want to receive the ball at throw ins etc. Very negative backwards and sideways garbage. Two poor evenly matched teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024