Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Accrington home 14:03 - Nov 24 with 24299 views442Dale

Lillis in. Welch and Conroy must be injured.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Accrington home on 11:39 - Nov 25 with 2191 viewssmaclad1

Couldn't make yesterdays game but, blimey, was the result really such that it deserved only such grudging praise? A win and three points against local rivals who would have been outside play-off positions on goal difference had they won? Let's applaud the team for their efforts yesterday instead of this half-arsed 'praise'.

And, since we've won, why can't Hilly have a go at the whinging gits in the Main Stand? They're never happy so if we win why not have a go back. If things do need 'sorting' it would probably be easier to sort out without the persistent moaners.
Match thread: Accrington home on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 2148 viewsaleanddale

We now have 23 points from 19 games.

Earlier this year on Jan 31st last seasons campaign we had a point less - 22 points after 26 games so some things are working ok certainly better than last season.

Accrington looked a half decent side to me and at 5pm I think Dale were just about deserved winners with 3 points in the bag.

I have no idea what goes on in Hills head and like most would like Hendo up top every game but we could end up winning on Tuesday and be 12th only 5 points off the final play of place!.
Match thread: Accrington home on 11:58 - Nov 25 with 2135 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Accrington home on 00:59 - Nov 25 by pioneer

not according to someone I work with in Manchester who has him as a neighbour.

Is being "nice" considered de riguer in that neighbourhood? Or in being a football manager? Being "nice" is pretty over-rated, imo (i guess that much is obvious)

We can all be perfectly pleasant in our day-to-day lives, but there are times when being "nice" just doesn't cut it, disputes with neighbours being one example. That doesn't mean Hill is in the wrong, perhaps it just means he won't be walked over or pretend to be mates with those who just happen to live in the same postcode

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Accrington home on 12:28 - Nov 25 with 2046 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Accrington home on 11:54 - Nov 25 by aleanddale

We now have 23 points from 19 games.

Earlier this year on Jan 31st last seasons campaign we had a point less - 22 points after 26 games so some things are working ok certainly better than last season.

Accrington looked a half decent side to me and at 5pm I think Dale were just about deserved winners with 3 points in the bag.

I have no idea what goes on in Hills head and like most would like Hendo up top every game but we could end up winning on Tuesday and be 12th only 5 points off the final play of place!.

When were the 'whinging gits' last happy?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Accrington home on 12:35 - Nov 25 with 2018 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Accrington home on 12:28 - Nov 25 by James1980

When were the 'whinging gits' last happy?

I do agree with some of the comments as we cannot rest on our laurels we do need to always try and progress and get better still.

This combined with square pegs and round holes ( starting 11 ) build frustration with supporters especially on a messageboard.

I actually thought the crowd at the game did ok yesterday and good to see another 3500 inside Spotland.

On here is different - usually a win is a trigger for unbridled joy but the general mood is one of frustration. I think that is a direct consequence of the world we live in that expectation levels are the highest they have ever been.

Up The Dale.
Match thread: Accrington home on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 1983 viewsfitzochris

I think there is a degree of needing a thick skin if you watch football or play, coach and manage in it.

However, to persistently complain about a small band of moaners to a media that is only too happy to take the broadbrush angle is bad for the club. Especially when the chief exec is trying to promote the importance of the supporters in a bid to increase the fan base.

It’s not just about getting upset by such things.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 7:21]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Accrington home on 13:10 - Nov 25 with 1920 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Accrington home on 12:49 - Nov 25 by fitzochris

I think there is a degree of needing a thick skin if you watch football or play, coach and manage in it.

However, to persistently complain about a small band of moaners to a media that is only too happy to take the broadbrush angle is bad for the club. Especially when the chief exec is trying to promote the importance of the supporters in a bid to increase the fan base.

I suspect he's more thin-skinned than the majority of managers (which is different from degree of niceness, although appreciate you weren't responding directly to my post)

Dermal texture aside, i was pleased he hadn't put out his usual pre-match thoughts, if only to save us all from the usual banalities - which isn't necessarily his fault, since it must be an absolute pain in the arse trying to think of anything original to say after the 500th interview. Now, if only he could cut out the post-match stuff too...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Accrington home on 13:15 - Nov 25 with 1899 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Accrington home on 13:10 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

I suspect he's more thin-skinned than the majority of managers (which is different from degree of niceness, although appreciate you weren't responding directly to my post)

Dermal texture aside, i was pleased he hadn't put out his usual pre-match thoughts, if only to save us all from the usual banalities - which isn't necessarily his fault, since it must be an absolute pain in the arse trying to think of anything original to say after the 500th interview. Now, if only he could cut out the post-match stuff too...

Sorry, my post wasn’t a direct response to yours.

More just a general reply to those who feel fans shouldn’t be getting upset about Hill’s media comments.

I agree about niceness. I don’t think we need Hill to be nice, just more observant of the bigger picture when he spouts off to the media.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Accrington home on 14:40 - Nov 25 with 1783 viewsBobbyjoe

From my, admittedly, infrequent visits to the Main Stand (or, indeed, any stand!), these persistent moaners are a figment of his imagination. Even despite the immensely tedious, square passing in the first half which, in nearly every case, eventually resulted in the ball being hoofed up to where Calvin wasn't, I didn't hear a peep. Pricks to kick against, perhaps!
Match thread: Accrington home on 14:54 - Nov 25 with 1757 viewsDalenet

Match thread: Accrington home on 11:39 - Nov 25 by smaclad1

Couldn't make yesterdays game but, blimey, was the result really such that it deserved only such grudging praise? A win and three points against local rivals who would have been outside play-off positions on goal difference had they won? Let's applaud the team for their efforts yesterday instead of this half-arsed 'praise'.

And, since we've won, why can't Hilly have a go at the whinging gits in the Main Stand? They're never happy so if we win why not have a go back. If things do need 'sorting' it would probably be easier to sort out without the persistent moaners.

Well you had to be there to see just how bad we were in the first half. Worse than last season and like watching paint dry. Accrington were everything we were not - fast, eager, well drilled, could pass and could shoot. I was expecting us to be thrashed in the second half. Why do we play as though we can't be arsed so often? I just don't want to travel 150 miles each way to watch that

Accrington were a very good team and a joy to watch.

We had 15 minutes in the second half when we looked like we were up for it. Calvin made the difference. With a bit of pace we were a threat for a short spell. But then we seemed to sit back and put Perkins in to marshall the team and soak up the pressure. Keeping pushing up and getting a second would have made the crowd happier

As for Hilly having a go at fans. We are the only club in the country whose fans wouldn't boo the team off after that first half display. I never heard any mainstand criticism and I am fed up with Hilly bleating. Good job he isn't paid based on NPS scores,
Match thread: Accrington home on 15:13 - Nov 25 with 1732 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Accrington home on 14:54 - Nov 25 by Dalenet

Well you had to be there to see just how bad we were in the first half. Worse than last season and like watching paint dry. Accrington were everything we were not - fast, eager, well drilled, could pass and could shoot. I was expecting us to be thrashed in the second half. Why do we play as though we can't be arsed so often? I just don't want to travel 150 miles each way to watch that

Accrington were a very good team and a joy to watch.

We had 15 minutes in the second half when we looked like we were up for it. Calvin made the difference. With a bit of pace we were a threat for a short spell. But then we seemed to sit back and put Perkins in to marshall the team and soak up the pressure. Keeping pushing up and getting a second would have made the crowd happier

As for Hilly having a go at fans. We are the only club in the country whose fans wouldn't boo the team off after that first half display. I never heard any mainstand criticism and I am fed up with Hilly bleating. Good job he isn't paid based on NPS scores,

Accy May be a very good team and a joy to watch but they lost.

Football is a results business and whilst a turgid first half you have to say some of our football was pretty good - and of course we have the mercurial Ian Henderson!!

I will take a 1-0 win when not firing on all cylinders all day long.

I hope we are on the cusp of turning into a winning side that delivers easy on the eye style of play. Until we get there let’s enjoy 3 valuable points in what is a tough division.
Match thread: Accrington home on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 1715 viewsSandyman

Haven't seen the article. but I'm led to believe Hill has been slagging Dale fans off in the Football League paper. Can anyone confirm this?
Match thread: Accrington home on 15:40 - Nov 25 with 1680 viewsrochdale_ranger

I go in the main stand and Im not a whinger in the respect that I don’t vocalise it. I don’t think you have to be a whinger to realise the football served up is shite. Also I’ve not seen anybody getting on Hills or any of the players backs.

I don’t know what has been said in the league paper but it doesn’t surprise me. The man is a complete total disgrace in his treatment and disrespect of the supporters. I renewed my season ticket again (even though I’ve only managed three games due to work and other commitments) and won’t be getting one again next season. I’m far from a snowflake but he really does border on offensive.

Let’s get someone else in with a bit more zest for life and the game and somebody with a little bit more ambition. Our relationship with Hill has gone stale. it’s the first time I’ve said it but Hill out.
Match thread: Accrington home on 15:49 - Nov 25 with 1658 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Accrington home on 15:40 - Nov 25 by rochdale_ranger

I go in the main stand and Im not a whinger in the respect that I don’t vocalise it. I don’t think you have to be a whinger to realise the football served up is shite. Also I’ve not seen anybody getting on Hills or any of the players backs.

I don’t know what has been said in the league paper but it doesn’t surprise me. The man is a complete total disgrace in his treatment and disrespect of the supporters. I renewed my season ticket again (even though I’ve only managed three games due to work and other commitments) and won’t be getting one again next season. I’m far from a snowflake but he really does border on offensive.

Let’s get someone else in with a bit more zest for life and the game and somebody with a little bit more ambition. Our relationship with Hill has gone stale. it’s the first time I’ve said it but Hill out.

"it’s the first time I’ve said it but Hill out. "

What would Tazzy say?

Mods please note.
Match thread: Accrington home on 15:56 - Nov 25 with 1629 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Accrington home on 15:49 - Nov 25 by smaclad1

"it’s the first time I’ve said it but Hill out. "

What would Tazzy say?

Mods please note.

I know what he’d do to you.

(Fast forward to twenty seconds) sorry for the downvote by the way.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 15:57]
Match thread: Accrington home on 15:58 - Nov 25 with 1620 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Accrington home on 12:49 - Nov 25 by fitzochris

The man persistently moans, the board should shut him up, he should be beaming from ear to ear, we won, no need for negativity

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:12 - Nov 25 with 1589 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Accrington home on 15:58 - Nov 25 by rochdaleriddler

The man persistently moans, the board should shut him up, he should be beaming from ear to ear, we won, no need for negativity

The Board are scared to death of Hill. They must be to let him constantly get away with abusing the paying customers.

Would never have been allowed to get this bad under Killy.
Match thread: Accrington home on 16:14 - Nov 25 with 1583 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:12 - Nov 25 by dawlishdale

The Board are scared to death of Hill. They must be to let him constantly get away with abusing the paying customers.

Would never have been allowed to get this bad under Killy.

And Killy’s feeling about Hill are a whole other thread.

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:17 - Nov 25 with 1573 viewsroccydaleian

Match thread: Accrington home on 11:38 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

Poor logistics there.

Scoth eggs have scrambled me brains tbf.
Match thread: Accrington home on 16:24 - Nov 25 with 1551 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Accrington home on 15:21 - Nov 25 by Sandyman

Haven't seen the article. but I'm led to believe Hill has been slagging Dale fans off in the Football League paper. Can anyone confirm this?

Well the Football League Paper has reported it as such, but their report will have come from a freelancer at the game who would have listened to the post-match interview or just picked it up off YouTube.

The same will no doubt dominate other papers as the week progresses, which doesn't really help matters.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:26 - Nov 25 with 1542 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:17 - Nov 25 by roccydaleian

Scoth eggs have scrambled me brains tbf.

Brains?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:46 - Nov 25 with 1497 viewssteofthedale

Match thread: Accrington home on 14:40 - Nov 25 by Bobbyjoe

From my, admittedly, infrequent visits to the Main Stand (or, indeed, any stand!), these persistent moaners are a figment of his imagination. Even despite the immensely tedious, square passing in the first half which, in nearly every case, eventually resulted in the ball being hoofed up to where Calvin wasn't, I didn't hear a peep. Pricks to kick against, perhaps!

Our season tickets were for seats in the main stand, right behind what was then the home dugout.

We have moved to the Pearl Street for the last few seasons, in no small measure, due to the overwhelming negativity of many of the supporters around us in the main stand.

I do not regret the change.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 17:18]

steofthedale*

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:49 - Nov 25 with 1484 viewsfitzochris

Anyone else heard that the directors Goodwin and Smallwood have resigned?

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:56 - Nov 25 with 1461 viewskel

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:49 - Nov 25 by fitzochris

Anyone else heard that the directors Goodwin and Smallwood have resigned?

Yes. Interesting times ahead.
Match thread: Accrington home on 16:57 - Nov 25 with 1459 viewskel

Match thread: Accrington home on 16:46 - Nov 25 by steofthedale

Our season tickets were for seats in the main stand, right behind what was then the home dugout.

We have moved to the Pearl Street for the last few seasons, in no small measure, due to the overwhelming negativity of many of the supporters around us in the main stand.

I do not regret the change.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 17:18]

You sit with the away fans?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024