Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Accrington home 14:03 - Nov 24 with 24298 views442Dale

Lillis in. Welch and Conroy must be injured.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:54 - Nov 24 with 2877 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:14 - Nov 24 by D_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11562743/rochdale-1-0-accr

These 90 seconds give the impression that Accy had the more dangerous forwards (but we had Hendo!)

Hendos a midfielder though.....apparently
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 20:54]
Match thread: Accrington home on 20:54 - Nov 24 with 2876 views442Dale

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:31 - Nov 24 by James1980

Yes some of us set off at 06:15 this morning wrapped up for an Arctic expedition, was surprised at how mild it was today. I know my support is a drop compared to the rest of you die hard Daleys though
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 20:31]

Don’t sell yourself short, your support is pretty remarkable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:56 - Nov 24 with 2856 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:50 - Nov 24 by rochdale_ranger

We were poor today and lucky to get the three points. First half was boring. Also in general no urgency players don’t look like they want to receive the ball at throw ins etc. Very negative backwards and sideways garbage. Two poor evenly matched teams.

I thought Accrington were decent, agree we were poor 1st half, we got better, especially after Calvin came on. A draw probably was fair, but we scored and they didn’t . Up the dale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Accrington home on 21:02 - Nov 24 with 2836 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:50 - Nov 24 by rochdale_ranger

We were poor today and lucky to get the three points. First half was boring. Also in general no urgency players don’t look like they want to receive the ball at throw ins etc. Very negative backwards and sideways garbage. Two poor evenly matched teams.

We were lucky to get 3 points today and we didn't play great.
We were unlucky not to get 3 points v Doncaster and Luton and we played great.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Accrington home on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 2728 viewssoulboy

Match thread: Accrington home on 19:06 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

Spoiler alert : Keith Hill is a bit of a prick

Theres plenty of those on here too
Match thread: Accrington home on 21:34 - Nov 24 with 2648 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:38 - Nov 24 by deeplishblue

Hill gets such an easy ride from us it's unbelievable. In the last 18 months we have had to put up with so much dross and there is barely a dissenting voice. Now and again the odd frustrated comment is pounced upon and you would think the knives were out. Great manager, not a very nice man.

A bit unfair that Deeplish I'm sure Hill is a very nice guy as long as you don't voice disapproval or question his decisions.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Accrington home on 21:36 - Nov 24 with 2630 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Accrington home on 21:17 - Nov 24 by soulboy

Theres plenty of those on here too

Indeed

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Accrington home on 22:59 - Nov 24 with 2430 viewsscarrow

Match thread: Accrington home on 17:31 - Nov 24 by dawlishdale

Difficult game, made ten times more difficult than it should have been by Hills stubborn attitude.

Was never going to work playing Inman and Williams as the front men with Henderson in a no mans land midfield role. Accy can consider themselves a tad unlucky not to have been a goal up by the time that it dawned on Hill to bring some physical presence on in the form of Calvin. Almost immediately, we looked a threat going forwards, and could have scored a couple before Hendo smuggled it past their keeper with perhaps our first effort on target.

In the end, a hard fought 3 points, but for long periods, both our full backs were poor, with only McGahey and Lillis shining defensively. Delaney improved after a shakey start.

Decent game for Camps, with plenty of good stuff from Adshead.

Williams was bang average I'm afraid, and Inman just not involved.

Hill seemed more interested in turning round to confront supporters asking for a forward to be introduced than he was with changing things on the pitch, and it summed his strange attitude up when he stayed on the pitch at half time to speak at length with one of the groundsmen rather than give a team talk. Wierd.

Still; it's 3 points, and a new world record for the number of sideways passes by our back 4. Accy look a decent side, but still insist on throwing themselves onto the floor when faced with any sort of challenge. Typical Coleman ? Perhaps....but you can see that he's improved as a Manager by being back there.

Disagree with your Williams comment, I thought he played very well today and his pace especially lining up with Calvin caused problems.

Camps, Lillis mom contenders for me

Poll: Final position

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Accrington home on 23:09 - Nov 24 with 2388 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Accrington home on 22:59 - Nov 24 by scarrow

Disagree with your Williams comment, I thought he played very well today and his pace especially lining up with Calvin caused problems.

Disagree

Get Hendo as far forward as possible.

With Calvin - whoever.....

Replace Williams with Hendo and get rathbone into Hendo current role and we can look forward to the next 28 games!

A win is a win... 3 points!!

3 fookin points in the 3rd tier!!!

UTD

Bring on Oxford 😀
Match thread: Accrington home on 23:34 - Nov 24 with 2317 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Accrington home on 22:59 - Nov 24 by scarrow

Same two for me.

I reckon Hendo’s was a retro one, should have got it when he got his 100th

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Accrington home on 23:52 - Nov 24 with 2290 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:38 - Nov 24 by deeplishblue

Hill gets such an easy ride from us it's unbelievable. In the last 18 months we have had to put up with so much dross and there is barely a dissenting voice. Now and again the odd frustrated comment is pounced upon and you would think the knives were out. Great manager, not a very nice man.

He does have a propensity to wind us fans up.......bit of a BigHead it seems.

Even though we won and played fairly well today there is certainly an under-current of distaste afoot around San Spotty.
Match thread: Accrington home on 00:32 - Nov 25 with 2208 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:56 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

I thought Accrington were decent, agree we were poor 1st half, we got better, especially after Calvin came on. A draw probably was fair, but we scored and they didn’t . Up the dale

I thought they played the game the right way but lacked enough real quality to classed as decent. A better question to ask is why was Henderson in midfield and where was clough when we clearly don’t have any teeth upfront.
Match thread: Accrington home on 00:33 - Nov 25 with 2204 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Accrington home on 23:09 - Nov 24 by aleanddale

Disagree

Get Hendo as far forward as possible.

With Calvin - whoever.....

Replace Williams with Hendo and get rathbone into Hendo current role and we can look forward to the next 28 games!

A win is a win... 3 points!!

3 fookin points in the 3rd tier!!!

UTD

Bring on Oxford 😀

Why do you sign your posts off with UTD?
Match thread: Accrington home on 00:44 - Nov 25 with 2189 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Accrington home on 23:52 - Nov 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

He does have a propensity to wind us fans up.......bit of a BigHead it seems.

Even though we won and played fairly well today there is certainly an under-current of distaste afoot around San Spotty.

I agree. I think it would only take one or two to start openly showing discontent and the floodgates would open with others. I would say baldy mourinho should start showing the paying mugs a bit more respect.
Match thread: Accrington home on 00:59 - Nov 25 with 2167 viewspioneer

Match thread: Accrington home on 21:34 - Nov 24 by kiwidale

A bit unfair that Deeplish I'm sure Hill is a very nice guy as long as you don't voice disapproval or question his decisions.

not according to someone I work with in Manchester who has him as a neighbour.
Match thread: Accrington home on 01:59 - Nov 25 with 2123 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Accrington home on 00:33 - Nov 25 by rochdale_ranger

Religious intolerence or dyslexia, has to be one of those two.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Accrington home on 06:28 - Nov 25 with 2036 viewsroccydaleian

U T D
p h a
e l
e

[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 6:37]
Match thread: Accrington home on 09:20 - Nov 25 with 1813 viewsColDale

I thought in the end we'd done just about enough to earn the three points. First half as acknowledged by everyone was a non event. We looked fragile at the back without actually offering up any real chances, and from an attacking point of view, we looked a bit powderpuff. It struck me that we had too many fairweather players - players who in a great team performance could rip a team to shreds but on your average day will be looking around for someone else to make the difference.

Didn't see Calvin's introduction as making a difference but he did, and the likes of Williams' game was massively improved by having Calvin on there. We just looked much more solid with Calvin and but for some better decision making, we could have added to our lead.

Was a bit worried when Perkins came on. There's been bags of history between Perkins and Accy even going back to his Morecambe days and he didn't need a repeat of last week's horror show at Shrewsbury. But he did the job he was brought on to do. He's still very good at breaking up attacks and making a general nuisance of himself but both him and his team mates need to know he can't run with the ball anymore as he will be caught in possession and opposition teams will be targeting him.

I think it was a good time to be playing Accy. Two months ago, I think they'd have won that game but I suspect that post-promotion crest of a wave is starting to wear off now. They've not won a league game for a month or so now. I know we as Dale fans can be somewhat snobby about Accrington but they're a decent side. The lad up front caused us all sorts of problems but it was a shame that the ref didn't pick up on all of his shirt pulling. Was a bit of a worry when we had both centre halves picking up bookings to him. Was pleased to see Kee play away from the danger area. It'll never catch on playing your most dangerous player in a part of the field where he can't threaten.

As for us, again it was another performance which suggests were are 90% of the way there, but that extra ten percent needed to make us a really good side is proving to be very elusive. There's a lot of good stuff but to really take advantage we need something else - something like a Stephen Dawson style player in the middle. It's becoming clearer that we don't have it within our squad to fill that gap. Perkins can no longer play that way, and it doesn't look like Cannon will have the opportunity to do so.

I suspect Adshead will now become a regular in the first team. i think Hilly has been reluctant to throw him in when things haven't been fantastic but the England call ups will have brought a confidence that should allow him to maintain a starting position. if there's criticisms of our young players (and young players in general) is that they haven't really kicked on with their careers and become better players at 22-23 than they were at 18-19. it's clear Hill has high hopes for him and when you hear Hilly talk about Adshead in the same breath as John Stones, it shows the ambition that exists for him.

Good to see Lillis back. Can't remember when we've started three different keepers in three successive league games before. For all the rights and wrongs of keeping him out, he usually comes back all the better for it. He is our best keeper and I don't think we'll see him out the side any longer.
Match thread: Accrington home on 09:24 - Nov 25 with 1803 viewsboromat

To be fair with the hendo 'playing in midfield' in the current system it is working. For me he's playing as one of two number tens they are very high up the pitch and he's still scoring goals from that position.

Problem with the current system is the gap between the back four with camps and the forward line up is pretty large and requires a lot of movement and running from those up top for the defence to find a pass. First half yesterday showed what happens when there's little movement from the front 5. When we did find a pass we looked really dangerous but we had to be far too patient.

Second half was much better. And with the match being so close dropping adshead to be next to Camps made sense to just try and defend the lead.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread: Accrington home on 09:54 - Nov 25 with 1730 viewsDaleiLama

OH MY GOD!

Bye Coleman.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Accrington home on 10:10 - Nov 25 with 1687 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:31 - Nov 24 by James1980

Yes some of us set off at 06:15 this morning wrapped up for an Arctic expedition, was surprised at how mild it was today. I know my support is a drop compared to the rest of you die hard Daleys though
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 20:31]

Ask yourself how many Daleys spend a whole day travelling to watch 90 minutes of football James. There is no such thing as a good fan or bad fan anyway. A fan attending one game per year if that's all they can manage is just as worthy of merit as a season ticket holder going to all away games too. It isn't a competition. We are all supporters (I think).

Match thread: Accrington home on 10:14 - Nov 25 with 1673 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Accrington home on 20:54 - Nov 24 by nordenblue

Hendos a midfielder though.....apparently
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 20:54]

And Cannon's a defender. Important us fans can get our necks round these distinctions it would seem. Even more important for the players or they end up playing for Coventry (or at least it must feel like that)?

Match thread: Accrington home on 11:35 - Nov 25 with 1526 viewsaleanddale

Don't remember posting after a night on the ale!! A family 50th birthday bash.

any way

UTD ( Up the Dale ) ranger.
Match thread: Accrington home on 11:36 - Nov 25 with 1522 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Accrington home on 09:20 - Nov 25 by ColDale

I thought in the end we'd done just about enough to earn the three points. First half as acknowledged by everyone was a non event. We looked fragile at the back without actually offering up any real chances, and from an attacking point of view, we looked a bit powderpuff. It struck me that we had too many fairweather players - players who in a great team performance could rip a team to shreds but on your average day will be looking around for someone else to make the difference.

Didn't see Calvin's introduction as making a difference but he did, and the likes of Williams' game was massively improved by having Calvin on there. We just looked much more solid with Calvin and but for some better decision making, we could have added to our lead.

Was a bit worried when Perkins came on. There's been bags of history between Perkins and Accy even going back to his Morecambe days and he didn't need a repeat of last week's horror show at Shrewsbury. But he did the job he was brought on to do. He's still very good at breaking up attacks and making a general nuisance of himself but both him and his team mates need to know he can't run with the ball anymore as he will be caught in possession and opposition teams will be targeting him.

I think it was a good time to be playing Accy. Two months ago, I think they'd have won that game but I suspect that post-promotion crest of a wave is starting to wear off now. They've not won a league game for a month or so now. I know we as Dale fans can be somewhat snobby about Accrington but they're a decent side. The lad up front caused us all sorts of problems but it was a shame that the ref didn't pick up on all of his shirt pulling. Was a bit of a worry when we had both centre halves picking up bookings to him. Was pleased to see Kee play away from the danger area. It'll never catch on playing your most dangerous player in a part of the field where he can't threaten.

As for us, again it was another performance which suggests were are 90% of the way there, but that extra ten percent needed to make us a really good side is proving to be very elusive. There's a lot of good stuff but to really take advantage we need something else - something like a Stephen Dawson style player in the middle. It's becoming clearer that we don't have it within our squad to fill that gap. Perkins can no longer play that way, and it doesn't look like Cannon will have the opportunity to do so.

I suspect Adshead will now become a regular in the first team. i think Hilly has been reluctant to throw him in when things haven't been fantastic but the England call ups will have brought a confidence that should allow him to maintain a starting position. if there's criticisms of our young players (and young players in general) is that they haven't really kicked on with their careers and become better players at 22-23 than they were at 18-19. it's clear Hill has high hopes for him and when you hear Hilly talk about Adshead in the same breath as John Stones, it shows the ambition that exists for him.

Good to see Lillis back. Can't remember when we've started three different keepers in three successive league games before. For all the rights and wrongs of keeping him out, he usually comes back all the better for it. He is our best keeper and I don't think we'll see him out the side any longer.

perfectly summed up by Col. ( as usual ).
Match thread: Accrington home on 11:38 - Nov 25 with 1513 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Accrington home on 06:28 - Nov 25 by roccydaleian

U T D
p h a
e l
e

[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 6:37]

Poor logistics there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024