Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard a rumour 09:39 - Mar 4 with 32047 viewsdeeplishblue

That Hilly's been sacked......

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Just heard a rumour on 10:36 - Mar 4 with 2624 viewsSaxonDale

Can we get Bottomley out of this club ASAP?
Just heard a rumour on 10:36 - Mar 4 with 2623 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 10:33 - Mar 4 by ChaffRAFC

It's official.

Very very sad day. Nobody should get pleasure out of this.

Unfortunately I felt it necessary.

Thank you Keith

Agree , there is a sense of relief though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 10:37 - Mar 4 with 2603 viewsMolly

Official , club have confirmed.
Just heard a rumour on 10:38 - Mar 4 with 2585 viewsDaleFan7

Just heard a rumour on 10:24 - Mar 4 by Brierls

Hilly would absolutely thrive at Bradford.

I think he'd need to. 16,000 fans who really aren't quite as forgiving as us at Dale. Even with all the bad football we've seen this season there hasn't really been any purposeful booing or Hill Out chants.

We all know he's not very thick skinned when it comes to taking some flack off a couple of people in the main stand. If a whole stadium of 16,000 turned on him, god knows how he'd react.
Just heard a rumour on 10:38 - Mar 4 with 2581 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Just heard a rumour on 10:30 - Mar 4 by electricblue

So the way this clubs board operate what news will come first!!
Hill and Beech have been sacked by Rochdale afc..
Hill is announced the new Bradford manager.
The new Dale manager is....
Or
Could hill be announced the new Bradford manager before Dale announce he as left the club.

Could the board have found out that he has been speaking to Bradford?

Sacked due to Gross misconduct? No pay off? No compo for Bradford to pay?

The interview Saturday night shows that Hill didn't want to be here and was shooting from the hip knowing it would be his last game!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 2570 viewsSaxonDale

'Rochdale Football Club prides itself on the way it is run and we do not make kneejerk reactions or decisions. We are aware that results this season, especially at home, have been difficult to accept, but we, the Board of Directors, all believe in Keith, his backroom staff and players, and they have our full confidence and continued backing.'

How a 2-0 defeat at the league leaders changes that is beyond belief.
Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 2567 viewsSandyman

Just heard a rumour on 10:33 - Mar 4 by ChaffRAFC

It's official.

Very very sad day. Nobody should get pleasure out of this.

Unfortunately I felt it necessary.

Thank you Keith

Agreed. Sadly, he'd lost the plot and was doing no good to RAFC or his own credibility, in fact he was damaging both.

Time for a change.
Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 2567 viewskiwidale

Just heard a rumour on 10:35 - Mar 4 by electricblue

I wonder what Dunphy thinks about this........

makes you wonder if the long term contract offered to Hill was the catalyst for the boardroom upheaval.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 2560 viewspaulscho

We could be a long time back in L2
Well Done the Board you bunch of back stabbing b.stards

livinginadalewonderland

Just heard a rumour on 10:43 - Mar 4 with 2504 viewsJimmyRustler

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 by SaxonDale

'Rochdale Football Club prides itself on the way it is run and we do not make kneejerk reactions or decisions. We are aware that results this season, especially at home, have been difficult to accept, but we, the Board of Directors, all believe in Keith, his backroom staff and players, and they have our full confidence and continued backing.'

Something else must have happened...let's hope it all comes out in the wash
Just heard a rumour on 10:43 - Mar 4 with 2498 viewsDaleFan7

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 by paulscho

'A further announcement will be made in due course'

Does this mean they do have someone lined up or is it just usual jargon for situations like this?
Just heard a rumour on 10:43 - Mar 4 with 2496 viewskiwidale

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 by paulscho

unbelievable Jeff.

This is not the time for bickering.

Just heard a rumour on 10:44 - Mar 4 with 2479 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Just heard a rumour on 10:47 - Mar 4 with 2429 viewsnordenblue

And who made that statement I wonder?

I'd have to check what day it was if he said it was Monday today,such is the bullshit that comes out of his mouth
Just heard a rumour on 10:48 - Mar 4 with 2427 viewsDareToCalvin

Regardless of what anyone says, it's a very sad day for the club. Whether you liked the man or not, Hill has given us by far our greatest ever moments, so many to mention, the promotions, those battling away performances (Leyton Orient comes to mind with 10 men), constant unearthing of diamonds, the model overachieving club which others looked up to, never overspending, making Bury and Oldham fans jealous, and obviously Spurs.
However, apart from the miracle that is Joe Thompson, these last 2 seasons have been awful and have seen us become the laughing stock of League 1 with the number of goals conceded, and we stayed up last year due to us being very lucky in the end. Can't argue with the fans, especially during a bad patch, and expect to be forgiven. Huge now for the club to get it right with this next appointment but I do think it was the right call; yes we've overachieved but we've earned the right to play in League 1, we have to at least go down with a fight and that wasn't happening.
Thanks Keith. All the best.
Just heard a rumour on 10:49 - Mar 4 with 2411 viewssweetcorn

Hopefully Bottomley is the next to go..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 10:49 - Mar 4 with 2410 viewselectricblue

Just heard a rumour on 10:38 - Mar 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Could the board have found out that he has been speaking to Bradford?

Sacked due to Gross misconduct? No pay off? No compo for Bradford to pay?

The interview Saturday night shows that Hill didn't want to be here and was shooting from the hip knowing it would be his last game!

Could be something in that but will we ever know...

We also dont know if the Luton defeat was the so called straw that broke the camels back as they say and Hill had a long chat with his family over the weekend and opted to tell the board ive done all i can.....

Now Bradford can if they want to approach Hill....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Just heard a rumour on 10:50 - Mar 4 with 2374 viewsseasidedale

sad to hear this as he has give me some of the best years as a dale fan. Thought we could turn it round next season in league 2. That said not too surprised , let’s live the great moments under Hill and not the bad as they far out weigh the bad.
Thanks for the memory Keith, hope we don’t live to regret it.
Just heard a rumour on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 2338 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 10:43 - Mar 4 by DaleFan7

'A further announcement will be made in due course'

Does this mean they do have someone lined up or is it just usual jargon for situations like this?

Must have a new guy, otherwise BBM would be described as caretaker

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 2338 views1907

There is no doubt in my mind that this decision was made following the Wimbledon game. To bring a new manager in with Plymouth (A) followed by Luton (A) would have completely nullified any expected "bounce".

Hate to see Hill leave, but this IS the correct decision.

Away from this board, the fans have turned. I've seen opinion change & attitudes begin to snowball in much greater numbers in recent weeks. The fans have turned & from personal observations the players have turned.

In all honesty the past two years have been horrible on the whole, with a few special moments thrown in.

On a personal note I lost the love of going to Spotland on a Saturday a long time ago & the past few months have been nothing more than a chore.

Enough negativity now from all please. This is a fresh start & we need to get behind the new management team, as well as the players, to try & salvage this season.
Just heard a rumour on 10:57 - Mar 4 with 2256 viewsnicknick

Gary Bowyer next for us....
Just heard a rumour on 10:58 - Mar 4 with 2241 viewsCockneyDale

Thanks for the memories, Keith, but as with Wenger, I fear it was time.

I know the Directors had previously expressed backing for Hill, but I don't think they could ever express otherwise. They could hardly say "It's not looking good and we've given him two games to sort it or he's gone" - that would help no one.

There's enough of a squad to salvage this - good luck to BBM and whoever follows.
Just heard a rumour on 11:00 - Mar 4 with 2213 viewsnordenblue

Just heard a rumour on 10:49 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Hopefully Bottomley is the next to go..

Very much agree,sadly as one of the jolly boys there's not much chance of that
Just heard a rumour on 11:00 - Mar 4 with 2208 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 10:53 - Mar 4 by 1907

There is no doubt in my mind that this decision was made following the Wimbledon game. To bring a new manager in with Plymouth (A) followed by Luton (A) would have completely nullified any expected "bounce".

Hate to see Hill leave, but this IS the correct decision.

Away from this board, the fans have turned. I've seen opinion change & attitudes begin to snowball in much greater numbers in recent weeks. The fans have turned & from personal observations the players have turned.

In all honesty the past two years have been horrible on the whole, with a few special moments thrown in.

On a personal note I lost the love of going to Spotland on a Saturday a long time ago & the past few months have been nothing more than a chore.

Enough negativity now from all please. This is a fresh start & we need to get behind the new management team, as well as the players, to try & salvage this season.

Thank god, all my worries have gone away following your post confirming it is the right decision.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 11:02 - Mar 4 with 2163 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 11:00 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Thank god, all my worries have gone away following your post confirming it is the right decision.

Need to support the club now, Hill has gone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024