Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easter to remember? 07:06 - Apr 15 with 6338 viewsaleanddale

it is looking like things will be a lot clearer come a week tonight.

Here is hoping for an Easter to remember.

We need at least a win from 2 games to take us into our final home game v Southend with a fighting chance.

4 points this coming weekend would be an unexpected bonus and 2 x wins dreamland.

Up the Dale! it should be a cracker on Good Friday at Spotland.
Easter to remember? on 11:51 - Apr 15 with 6137 viewsDareToCalvin

Especially with the new Bring a Friend offer, great idea, get as many in as possible, forecast looks good, should be a great day and hopefully a great leap towards survival.
I think we're safe with 51 points. 2 wins. We can do that, especially with these games, Wycombe are a poor side and only the promotion bounce at the start of the season has stopped them from being well in the bottom 4 by now. Bristol also very winnable, they've got Clarke-Harris who's banging them in but even Bradford put up a good show there, even a point there would be huge.
Southend can't even buy a win, and to lose at home to Wycombe shows how poor they really are. It's in our hands.
Easter to remember? on 17:56 - Apr 15 with 5890 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Steady lads...we don't want to get ahead of ourselves all bury -like, ........we still have a capacity to press the self-destruct button as we all know.

Small steps....let's see off Wycombe and Mr Akinfenwa first.
Easter to remember? on 20:03 - Apr 15 with 5696 viewsBlueDales

Easter to remember? on 17:56 - Apr 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Steady lads...we don't want to get ahead of ourselves all bury -like, ........we still have a capacity to press the self-destruct button as we all know.

Small steps....let's see off Wycombe and Mr Akinfenwa first.

Maybe we are all getting a bit excited. But when was their last this sort of optimism, this positive feeling around the whole club?

Maybe we'll stay up, maybe we'll go down. But BBM has definitely changed the atmosphere at the club for the better.
Easter to remember? on 23:54 - Apr 15 with 5449 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Easter to remember? on 20:03 - Apr 15 by BlueDales

Maybe we are all getting a bit excited. But when was their last this sort of optimism, this positive feeling around the whole club?

Maybe we'll stay up, maybe we'll go down. But BBM has definitely changed the atmosphere at the club for the better.

Well said. I am a little ashamed to say I genuinely started not to care towards the end of Keith’s tenure and now I do again, I get that charlton feeling every game now to a point.

I don’t care who our manager is as long as he is one of us and with us, BBM has probably got us 8 more points than Keith would have and united a lot of things and got players playing that Keith was unable to any more.

I wish Keith well and hope he is in a good place but who is to say BBM is not potentially a better manager. Only time will tell

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Easter to remember? on 06:23 - Apr 16 with 5376 viewsD_Alien

Easter to remember? on 23:54 - Apr 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

Well said. I am a little ashamed to say I genuinely started not to care towards the end of Keith’s tenure and now I do again, I get that charlton feeling every game now to a point.

I don’t care who our manager is as long as he is one of us and with us, BBM has probably got us 8 more points than Keith would have and united a lot of things and got players playing that Keith was unable to any more.

I wish Keith well and hope he is in a good place but who is to say BBM is not potentially a better manager. Only time will tell

Well according to Keith, it was becoming increasingly more difficult to manage in L1 with each season, so all BBM would have to do is (providing we stay up) have us not struggling to demonstrate his ability. We've seen how low-budget teams like Accy & Wycombe have struggled, after initial promotion euphoria has worn off, so any team in that category with say, sub-5000 gates* is doing well to remain competitive. I guess the template is still Burton but would see it as unlikely they'll challenge for promotion to the championship again anytime soon

tbh i think most of us would settle for being entertained and not condescended to

*as of now, our average for the season is bang on 3500

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Easter to remember? on 07:19 - Apr 16 with 5346 viewsdingdangblue

At this stage last season (42 games) we had just drawn with Oldham to take us to 46 points (1 point ahead of now). The next 2 games were Bradford at home (where Lillis dropped the ball to gift them a draw) and Plymouth at home (our game in hand where we got battered but somehow managed to get a point and lift us out of the bottom 4 for the first time in months). Next was the heartbreak at Oxford where we took the lead only for Camps to give away 2 penalties late on and put us back in the relegation zone. Finally the last game and the drama of Joe Thompson's goal and those last 7 mins waiting for the Oldham game to finish.
Certainly a win v Wycombe on Friday will be a massive boost to our survival with 3 more games to come but I think it will all go down to the Charlton game as I cant see us being 4 points clear by then. With so many teams involved this season we could end up losing or drawing at Charlton and still staying up! That wouldn't be good for the nerves though.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 7:20]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Easter to remember? on 08:29 - Apr 16 with 5264 viewschalky_ncfc

Despite the obvious glee that some will get when Notts get relegated into non league (and the misery can't end quick enough for me) I've got my fingers crossed for you lads that you stay up,you've had a good run in League One with some memorable games to bore the grandkids with and hopefully it will continue for at least another season yet,I will be keeping an eye out for Dales results in the final games of the season so good luck

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Easter to remember? on 09:07 - Apr 16 with 5212 viewspioneer

Easter to remember? on 08:29 - Apr 16 by chalky_ncfc

Despite the obvious glee that some will get when Notts get relegated into non league (and the misery can't end quick enough for me) I've got my fingers crossed for you lads that you stay up,you've had a good run in League One with some memorable games to bore the grandkids with and hopefully it will continue for at least another season yet,I will be keeping an eye out for Dales results in the final games of the season so good luck

no glee from me chalky...enjoyed my trips to the lane and have admired county’s climb up the leagues in years past. Remember seeing a classic 2-2 draw there back in early 70s when both our teams were playing well and Jimmey Sirrell was in charge. Also saw county play at Highbury in the old first division.

Despised some of the owners you have had but like we cant choose our parents, we cannot choose our owners.

Now fook off chalky.
Login to get fewer ads

Easter to remember? on 12:41 - Apr 16 with 4971 viewsblackdogblue

Easter to remember? on 08:29 - Apr 16 by chalky_ncfc

Welcome back mate 😀

Never say die.. NC can still avoid the drop, keep the faith 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Easter to remember? on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 4816 viewsNorthernDale

I still think Notts county can get out of it, it is an interesting fight, with Yeovil, Macclesfield, you and possibly Crawley fighting for their lives. May I ask, if you went down, do you think it would allow Notts County to rebuild totally from the players on its books to how it is run if you went down, in this I am looking at Lincoln and Leyton Orient for example.

I feel sorry for the fans if you went down, because i know how I would feel if the Dale was in that position.
Easter to remember? on 17:11 - Apr 16 with 4593 viewschalky_ncfc

I don't want to sound arrogant but I genuinely believed that we would make the automatics this season and we was joint favorites to go up along with Lincoln but instead it has been a total nightmare with Notts rarely being out of the bottom two,one of our players is on £5k a week so I doubt that we can afford to keep him when we drop,Hardy (our owner) has stated that he's going to freeze the season ticket prices which would be £380 for me but he can stuff it,I'm not paying that and will cherry pick the games next season
We supposedly have a buyer lined up with I think he's waiting to see where we are next season regarding the purchase price,we won't bounce straight back,there are teams better than us in the National League who will crave promotion more than Notts,there are some Notts fans would believe that we are too big to be there but we deserve the drop,if you play consistently bad all season it's all you deserve,Macclesfield will probably survive as Sol has put belief back into the team so it will be us and Yeovil,I will be gutted when the day arrives as I've followed Notts for 40 years but like I said we deserve nothing else,anyway this is a Dale forum so it's the last I shall mention it,it's going to be a tough last four games for us and hopefully exciting ones for RAFC especially if it goes to the final minutes of the final game like last year
I shall be watching with interest,good luck Daleys

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Easter to remember? on 20:52 - Apr 16 with 4357 viewspioneer

Easter to remember? on 11:51 - Apr 15 by DareToCalvin

Especially with the new Bring a Friend offer, great idea, get as many in as possible, forecast looks good, should be a great day and hopefully a great leap towards survival.
I think we're safe with 51 points. 2 wins. We can do that, especially with these games, Wycombe are a poor side and only the promotion bounce at the start of the season has stopped them from being well in the bottom 4 by now. Bristol also very winnable, they've got Clarke-Harris who's banging them in but even Bradford put up a good show there, even a point there would be huge.
Southend can't even buy a win, and to lose at home to Wycombe shows how poor they really are. It's in our hands.

Super friday - 8 of the 10 teams placed 14th to 23rd play each other...all within 7 points.

Opportunity for some substantial changes in positions. Could do with draw between Walsall and Southend and the wombles going down to Brissie rovers, and doing the business ourselves. That would create a 4 point gap between us and the drop zone.
Easter to remember? on 17:54 - Apr 17 with 3934 viewsaleanddale

Easter to remember? on 20:52 - Apr 16 by pioneer

Super friday - 8 of the 10 teams placed 14th to 23rd play each other...all within 7 points.

Opportunity for some substantial changes in positions. Could do with draw between Walsall and Southend and the wombles going down to Brissie rovers, and doing the business ourselves. That would create a 4 point gap between us and the drop zone.

tis indeed a super Friday!!

One of those days that can either be extra special OR ruin the whole blinkin ( long ) Easter weekend!

Oh for a win and 3 points!!
Easter to remember? on 10:07 - Apr 18 with 3668 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I`m sure many posters on here will remember Big Ox, who used to come on here claiming Oxford were too big for Div 2 and would walk it after their relegation. He banged his drum at every opportunity and cast aspersions about our little club to boot. Then the unthinkable happened and they were relegated again and spent a number of seasons out of the FL. He claimed they were too big for that division too. Luton had a similar fan who did the same thing.
My point being, no club is too big (or small) and they are where they are on merit or demerit. Dale fans generally don`t get ideas above their station, so maybe that is why the football gods have been good to us as we haven`t tweaked their nipples and felt their wrath.

Long may it continue to be so.
Easter to remember? on 12:56 - Apr 18 with 3535 viewsDaleiLama

Easter to remember? on 10:07 - Apr 18 by RooleyMoorBlue

I`m sure many posters on here will remember Big Ox, who used to come on here claiming Oxford were too big for Div 2 and would walk it after their relegation. He banged his drum at every opportunity and cast aspersions about our little club to boot. Then the unthinkable happened and they were relegated again and spent a number of seasons out of the FL. He claimed they were too big for that division too. Luton had a similar fan who did the same thing.
My point being, no club is too big (or small) and they are where they are on merit or demerit. Dale fans generally don`t get ideas above their station, so maybe that is why the football gods have been good to us as we haven`t tweaked their nipples and felt their wrath.

Long may it continue to be so.

It's often been proved that being in a hurry to do something isn't always the best policy

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Easter to remember? on 17:51 - Apr 18 with 3343 viewsaleanddale

Ready for the weekend now.

Roll on 3pm tomorrow.

Up the Dale!!!!!
Easter to remember? on 18:16 - Apr 18 with 3312 viewsShun

Another really good interview with BBM, almost the antithesis of the interviews we heard from Hill.
Easter to remember? on 20:25 - Apr 18 with 3227 viewsD_Alien

Easter to remember? on 18:16 - Apr 18 by Shun

Another really good interview with BBM, almost the antithesis of the interviews we heard from Hill.

I think BBM will be conscious of that, and seems to be going the extra mile to anticipate the kinds of info fans will appreciate. He's got that aspect of his role 100% right at the moment

He must've winced at times when listening to his predecessor

Interesting also, that he states his previous role included getting players on the fringes ready for first team action. Judging by the way Alby performed when called up by KH for the Wycombe away fixture, i wonder if he also got it in the neck from KH?

Easter to remember? on 09:40 - Apr 19 with 2838 viewswwfcblue

Easter to remember? on 06:23 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

Well according to Keith, it was becoming increasingly more difficult to manage in L1 with each season, so all BBM would have to do is (providing we stay up) have us not struggling to demonstrate his ability. We've seen how low-budget teams like Accy & Wycombe have struggled, after initial promotion euphoria has worn off, so any team in that category with say, sub-5000 gates* is doing well to remain competitive. I guess the template is still Burton but would see it as unlikely they'll challenge for promotion to the championship again anytime soon

tbh i think most of us would settle for being entertained and not condescended to

*as of now, our average for the season is bang on 3500

Some big six pointers in League One today!

Up until Xmas we were cruising in League One and pushing towards the play offs. We had a strong tight knit squad of players who play for the club and themselves, plus three quality loaners.

At Xmas it became apparent that those at the top had overspent, big time and all our loaners left, not to be replaced. We also had to loan CMS out to get him off the wage bill.

We’ve had a run of 12 games without a win until beating Southend last weekend, however we have been playing very well in the last four games.

Best of luck for the rest of the season
Easter to remember? on 10:52 - Apr 19 with 2739 viewsD_Alien

Easter to remember? on 09:40 - Apr 19 by wwfcblue

Some big six pointers in League One today!

Up until Xmas we were cruising in League One and pushing towards the play offs. We had a strong tight knit squad of players who play for the club and themselves, plus three quality loaners.

At Xmas it became apparent that those at the top had overspent, big time and all our loaners left, not to be replaced. We also had to loan CMS out to get him off the wage bill.

We’ve had a run of 12 games without a win until beating Southend last weekend, however we have been playing very well in the last four games.

Best of luck for the rest of the season

You did us a favour in beating Southend, so I'll wish you at least a pleasant journey up to sunny Rochdale, and enjoy our hospitality, but not on the pitch

Easter to remember? on 09:37 - Apr 20 with 2383 viewsaleanddale

Up the Dale!!

2 days in the Easter sunshine now before the lads take on Bristol Rovers.

HUGE opportunity now to get over the line.

Big Jim yesterday was magnificent. THAT goal line clearance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024