Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton in trouble again. 16:10 - Aug 19 with 18217 viewsBigKindo

Bolton Wanderers: Doncaster Rovers match postponed over welfare concerns

BBC. Breaking news

Bolton Wanderers have postponed Tuesday's League One match against Doncaster Rovers, amid welfare concerns for the young players in their squad.

Financially-stricken Wanderers have been in administration since May.

They were only able to field three senior outfield players for Saturday's 5-0 loss to Tranmere Rovers.

"Whilst the threat of further sanctions is obvious, nothing can be allowed to impact on the welfare of such a young group," a club statement said.

"With so many senior players injured or unavailable, the squad has performed heroically."

Manager Phil Parkinson claimed after the Tranmere defeat that he had written to the English Football League to voice his concerns about player welfare.
Bolton in trouble again. on 13:17 - Aug 22 with 3527 viewsAncoats_Blue

Bolton in trouble again. on 09:20 - Aug 22 by dingdangblue

With Bolton being in administration you could argue they are in a great position if the right person takes over. Wonderful stadium, training facilities nearby - lots of potential going forward - they just need the right people at the top.

If Hill is still being paid compo from Dale (which is a strong rumour) it's a big gamble to take on Bolton risk not being paid and being made redundant very soon. I'd avoid that like the plague.
Bolton in trouble again. on 18:05 - Aug 22 with 3262 viewsfinberty

Bolton in trouble again. on 00:19 - Aug 22 by Daley_Lama

I’d never heard of Mike Minay a week ago, his inside scoops over the last 7 days have been awesome.

Well, when i say awesome i mean, erm, meaningless.

Regularly updates Jibby Wag and the rest of the 'See No Ships' brigade.

Colleague of Jack 'that was offside Alan Gowling wasn't it?' Dearden.
Bolton in trouble again. on 19:34 - Aug 22 with 3142 viewsflyerdale

Bolton in trouble again. on 08:10 - Aug 20 by EllDale

Bolton could be in serious trouble this one, never mind just trouble, over this one.
If they've unilaterally called off a game without consulting the league of their opponents they've effectively refused to play.
All sort of sanctions exist for that sort of behaviour.
As for Dearden, I remember him as a lazy, crap rugby league commentator before he got "promoted" in the GMR sports hierarchy.
Was very lucky to be in the right place at the right time.
You'd think he'd have a soft spot for Rochdale though seeing as how his wife used to work at Spotland?

I met him in a work capacity last year, he has a lot of time for Dale. He was saying how he admires the way the club is run etc. Hates Man U
Bolton in trouble again. on 21:07 - Aug 24 with 2999 views442Dale

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers2/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bolton in trouble again. on 21:10 - Aug 24 with 2975 viewsShun

Bolton in trouble again. on 21:07 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers2/

Can someone who isn’t drunk explain that to me? If the sale isn’t complete by Tuesday will they be thrown out of the league?
Bolton in trouble again. on 21:19 - Aug 24 with 2932 viewsjudd

Bolton in trouble again. on 21:10 - Aug 24 by Shun

Can someone who isn’t drunk explain that to me? If the sale isn’t complete by Tuesday will they be thrown out of the league?

No, they have the two week notice period as bury have just had.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bolton in trouble again. on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 2852 viewsMoonyDale

Bolton in trouble again. on 21:19 - Aug 24 by judd

No, they have the two week notice period as bury have just had.

Well......2 weeks and then a bit, and then a bit more.....And maybe a bit more followed by a tad longer....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Bolton in trouble again. on 14:10 - Aug 25 with 2488 viewselectricblue

The Bolton take over as become as bigger farce than the Bury fiasco..
Why oh why give them 3 days sort it! and then add 2 more weeks.
The EFL should stand their ground on this and suspend all matches immediately and give them the deadline until 5pm next friday and the EFL want all relative details within several hrs of the deadline so that they can go through the details..

The buyers where the preferred bidder so it all should have been signed and handed over even Mr Bassini injuction was kicked out and that was two weeks ago so what is the hold up...

Cold feet....!

So put people out of their misery and issue a statement saying so....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton in trouble again. on 14:14 - Aug 25 with 2479 viewsmacro

Bolton in trouble again. on 14:10 - Aug 25 by electricblue

The Bolton take over as become as bigger farce than the Bury fiasco..
Why oh why give them 3 days sort it! and then add 2 more weeks.
The EFL should stand their ground on this and suspend all matches immediately and give them the deadline until 5pm next friday and the EFL want all relative details within several hrs of the deadline so that they can go through the details..

The buyers where the preferred bidder so it all should have been signed and handed over even Mr Bassini injuction was kicked out and that was two weeks ago so what is the hold up...

Cold feet....!

So put people out of their misery and issue a statement saying so....

It’s because they haven’t given them notice. Which they should have done at the start of the season
Bolton in trouble again. on 10:31 - Aug 26 with 2220 views442Dale

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17860814.bolton-wanderers-facing-liquidatio

Bolton in trouble again. on 10:42 - Aug 26 with 2201 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bolton in trouble again. on 10:31 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17860814.bolton-wanderers-facing-liquidatio

Oh dear me......we're all watching the demise of bury and then Bolton sneak through on the inside and may be first to go?

bury have stolen all the publicity,, Bolton will be "not another one gone bust"......
Bolton in trouble again. on 10:50 - Aug 26 with 2179 viewsSuddenLad

According to the BBC news app, the club is virtually gone. Liquidation on Wednesday apparently 'inevitable', deal collapses beyond recovery. Cannot meet any deadlines. (Unless granted further extensions )

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bolton in trouble again. on 10:54 - Aug 26 with 2153 viewsmacro

A commercial disagreement!
Bolton in trouble again. on 11:03 - Aug 26 with 2106 viewsColDale

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joi

If its all just down to KA, is this a last throw of the dice to smoke him out or is this really it for them?
Bolton in trouble again. on 11:07 - Aug 26 with 2084 views442Dale

Bolton in trouble again. on 11:03 - Aug 26 by ColDale

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joi

If its all just down to KA, is this a last throw of the dice to smoke him out or is this really it for them?

The interesting part is the bit which says they’ll have their EFL membership revoked tomorrow. Didn’t think that was the case, so maybe they are using extremes to get Anderson to move.

Bolton in trouble again. on 11:31 - Aug 26 with 2003 viewsmacro

Bolton in trouble again. on 11:07 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

The interesting part is the bit which says they’ll have their EFL membership revoked tomorrow. Didn’t think that was the case, so maybe they are using extremes to get Anderson to move.

EFL clearly said they will give notice on Tuesday and that’s 2 weeks. My guess is this a way to shame Anderson into budging.
Bolton in trouble again. on 12:02 - Aug 26 with 1898 viewsSandyman

Bolton in trouble again. on 11:31 - Aug 26 by macro

EFL clearly said they will give notice on Tuesday and that’s 2 weeks. My guess is this a way to shame Anderson into budging.

Correct
https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers2/ 2 weeks notice. At the last minute, a buyer will be found, and further extensions to the deadline will be given ad nauseum by the lily-livered EFL. Where have we heard that before?
Bolton in trouble again. on 12:09 - Aug 26 with 1867 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bolton in trouble again. on 12:02 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

Correct
https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers2/ 2 weeks notice. At the last minute, a buyer will be found, and further extensions to the deadline will be given ad nauseum by the lily-livered EFL. Where have we heard that before?

The EFL notice is not really the issue here, the business is insolvent and cannot continue trading, they may have played their last game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bolton in trouble again. on 12:13 - Aug 26 with 1847 views442Dale

Bolton in trouble again. on 12:09 - Aug 26 by rochdaleriddler

The EFL notice is not really the issue here, the business is insolvent and cannot continue trading, they may have played their last game

Bolton in trouble again. on 12:48 - Aug 26 with 1757 viewsmikehunt

These last minute buyers are like them what hang around the whoopsie shelf in supermarkets. But the EFL then has to vet them; wasting more time. Where the eff does it stop?!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bolton in trouble again. on 15:11 - Aug 28 with 1340 viewselectricblue

Going off the report about Bolton at lunch time there seems to be some positivity that the club might still be sold.....
Weither is from the 14days notice served by the EFL and giving them room advance any talks i dont know but time will tell....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bolton in trouble again. on 18:13 - Aug 28 with 1166 viewsscarrow

Takeover complete bolton safe

Poll: Final position

Bolton in trouble again. on 18:27 - Aug 28 with 1120 viewsDiddyDave

Still only got five senior players,they can only have so many loan players and the transfer window closes on September 2nd,no manager,a twelve point penalty (so far),so apart from that,everything looks rosy.
Bolton in trouble again. on 18:28 - Aug 28 with 1117 viewsmacro

Bolton in trouble again. on 18:27 - Aug 28 by DiddyDave

Still only got five senior players,they can only have so many loan players and the transfer window closes on September 2nd,no manager,a twelve point penalty (so far),so apart from that,everything looks rosy.

They can get 5 loans in and get in as many free transfer as they like
Bolton in trouble again. on 18:34 - Aug 28 with 1093 viewsDaleFan7

Surely more points to be deducted now then for the 2 games they didn't play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024