Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry to inform you all ... 18:19 - Sep 3 with 5208 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

My Dad, a Dale fan for the last 79 years, sadly passed away on Sunday morning. Anyone who stood in the Sandy Lane end for the past 20 odd years would probably have recognised him in his light coloured coat, thrusting his right arm aloft to celebrate a goal.

He saw his first Dale game during the Second World War when we played in regional divisions. He was one of four generations of our family who attended a game at Gigg Lane together. Quite a remarkable feat back in the 1940`s.

The funeral will not be for a while due to a backlog at Rochdale Crematorium, but anyone wishing to donate something in his name (Philip Ridehaugh) to Spinghill Hospice, can do so without having to contact his family.

You will be sorely missed at Spotland Dad, but you will live on, in me and your grandsons, as we carry on the family tradition.

R.I.P. Dad
Sorry to inform you all ... on 18:25 - Sep 3 with 4152 viewsThacks_Rabbits

My thoughts and condolences to you all.

RIP and I am sure he will be celebrating every Dale goal from above.

[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 18:55]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Sorry to inform you all ... on 18:34 - Sep 3 with 4114 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’m sorry to hear that mate, I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 18:40 - Sep 3 with 4093 viewsrochdaleriddler

R.I.P

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:02 - Sep 3 with 3993 views1mark1

Deepest condolences to you and your Dad’s family and friends. Rooleymoor Blue. What a brilliant loyal Dale fan your Dad was, and I for one salute him.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:05 - Sep 3 with 3975 views49thseason

Going to football with your Dad is on of lifes rites of passage. An unforgettable experience shared . He would be proud that you went with him and prouder still that you and yours will continue to make the regular pilgrimage. When you think of your Dad, remember the first times you shared football together and smile , he did.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:06 - Sep 3 with 3969 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Deepest condolences, Rooley. R.I.P , to a very longstanding Dale fan.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 19:07]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:13 - Sep 3 with 3909 viewsjudd

Sincerest condolences on your sad loss. What remarkable loyal support.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 3864 viewsSuddenLad

Very sorry to hear your sad news. (I think your grandparents had a shop on Whatmough Street in days gone by).

Hope you are bearing up at this particularly difficult time. May your Dad rest in Peace. Another Dale fan to watch from the stadium above.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:33 - Sep 3 with 3827 viewsdale5758

R_I_P god Blesss your family x
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 13:37]

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:35 - Sep 3 with 3813 viewsR17ALE

Sorry to hear your news RMB. I've had many great chats with your Dad over the years about the Dale and it doesn't seem 2 weeks since we went to Accy last Spring for that vital win, despite him barely being able to stand up.

Fair play to him as well. Near the end he could hardly walk or cope with life's challenges, yet no matter how much pain he was in, he'd always be perched with his stick at the back of The Sandy Lane. I always admired his courage that no matter what was wrong with him, he knew the team needed his support, and nothing would keep him away.

A lesson for many.

R.I.P.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:41 - Sep 3 with 3774 viewsblackdogblue

Sad news, thoughts & prayers with you & family

He will be watching down & wishing us well

Bdb
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 8:10]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:51 - Sep 3 with 3737 viewschalky_ncfc

I've got a huge respect for anyone who has supported their club for 79 years through thick and thin and you say that there was once four generations of your family at one game in the 40's,what a pity selfies wasn't around back in the day,it would have made a great photo

I doff my cap to your dad RMB

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 20:30 - Sep 3 with 3653 viewsFrog

My condolences.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 20:35 - Sep 3 with 3638 viewsSalegraham

Sorry to inform you all ... on 20:30 - Sep 3 by Frog

My condolences.

R.I.P.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 21:45 - Sep 3 with 3504 viewsboromat

That's some history with the club! I hope I can live to say I've supported the Dale for that long.

I didn't know him but I'm sure he'll be missed in the Sandy. My condolences.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 3501 viewsjonahwhereru

My condolences to you and your family RMB.

Always sad to hear of the passing of a loyal fan of the Dale.

Take care of yourself.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 21:59 - Sep 3 with 3470 viewsmingthemerciless

My condolences. Your dad must have seen some ups and downs over the years. I hope the current position and condition of the club was a source of pleasure for him in his later years. 79 years is some achievement, I'm an old bugger and I'm nowhere near that.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 21:59 - Sep 3 with 3464 viewsRAFCBLUE

Very sorry to read this RMB. Thoughts with you and your family.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 22:41 - Sep 3 with 3405 viewsJames1980

Sorry for your loss may your Pa rest in peace, and his memory live on

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sorry to inform you all ... on 23:08 - Sep 3 with 3366 viewskiwidale

Splendid four generations at one game Lad, Dad, Granddad, and great granddad.

Respect and commiserations.

This is not the time for bickering.

Sorry to inform you all ... on 12:10 - Sep 4 with 3137 viewsParkinsGimp

RIP
He will looking down on you and the Dale , still willing them on.
Sorry to inform you all ... on 12:18 - Sep 4 with 3123 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Sorry to inform you all ... on 19:21 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

Very sorry to hear your sad news. (I think your grandparents had a shop on Whatmough Street in days gone by).

Hope you are bearing up at this particularly difficult time. May your Dad rest in Peace. Another Dale fan to watch from the stadium above.

Yes, you have an excellent memory. 19 Whatmough St was my grandparents grocery shop. My Dad also ran a shop on Moss St for 10 yrs during the 80`s.

The funeral will take place at Rochdale Crematorium on Wed 18th Sept at 3pm. Very apt starting time I thought!

I`m hoping to hire a room, hopefully the Ratcliffe, at the club for after the service, so anyone wishing to come along will be most welcome.

My family and I would like to thank everyone for their kinds words during this difficult time.

Up The Dale!
Sorry to inform you all ... on 12:27 - Sep 4 with 3115 viewsDaleiLama

Sorry to inform you all ... on 12:18 - Sep 4 by RooleyMoorBlue

Yes, you have an excellent memory. 19 Whatmough St was my grandparents grocery shop. My Dad also ran a shop on Moss St for 10 yrs during the 80`s.

The funeral will take place at Rochdale Crematorium on Wed 18th Sept at 3pm. Very apt starting time I thought!

I`m hoping to hire a room, hopefully the Ratcliffe, at the club for after the service, so anyone wishing to come along will be most welcome.

My family and I would like to thank everyone for their kinds words during this difficult time.

Up The Dale!

Sincere condolences for your loss RMB. Less than 2 years since my pa passed away. It leaves a void that can't be filled.

Remarkable support …… what a Dale stalwart through and through. He'll be as proud as punch that that support continues through his family and what a shame he couldn't have enjoyed more of this season after enduring the last two.

RIP

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sorry to inform you all ... on 16:48 - Sep 4 with 2974 viewsMolly

Very sorry to hear your sad news. It hits one hard when your Dad passes away, I know. but it will get better, I promise.
His supporting record is something unique and to be proud of.
RIP
Sorry to inform you all ... on 18:01 - Sep 4 with 2895 viewsjoecooke

RIP Sorry to hear of you losing your Dad .

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024