Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington 10:58 - Oct 12 with 13528 viewsrochdaleriddler

So, do we think our new boy will start today, i fear for our goals against if it’s the same line up as last week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Accrington on 16:27 - Oct 12 with 2936 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Accrington on 16:20 - Oct 12 by oddjob007

Anyone know what position Wilbraham is playing ?

Hendo second was like ronaldo’s yesterday but better, their goal was absolutely quality also.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Accrington on 16:31 - Oct 12 with 2901 viewsNigeriamark

Accrington on 16:24 - Oct 12 by DaleFan7

Right wing.

(Not the political type)

Yep. He is battling well but not really an effective position for us. We were bombarded after their goal for 10 minutes but have had a good few minutes. O’Connell will feel he should have scored when their keeper flapped at a cross

Got our first corner after 65 minutes!!
Accrington on 16:32 - Oct 12 with 2881 viewsNigeriamark

Accrington on 16:31 - Oct 12 by Nigeriamark

Yep. He is battling well but not really an effective position for us. We were bombarded after their goal for 10 minutes but have had a good few minutes. O’Connell will feel he should have scored when their keeper flapped at a cross

Got our first corner after 65 minutes!!

And now Wilbraham off and Tavares on
Accrington on 16:40 - Oct 12 with 2813 viewsNigeriamark

Accrington on 16:32 - Oct 12 by Nigeriamark

And now Wilbraham off and Tavares on

Ryan off Calvin on
Accrington on 16:52 - Oct 12 with 2714 viewsNigeriamark

Accrington on 16:40 - Oct 12 by Nigeriamark

Ryan off Calvin on

91 minutes and Hendo off and Morley on

Unbelievable save by Sanchez in the 90th minute. Under the Cosh 1 minute into injury time
Accrington on 16:57 - Oct 12 with 2655 viewsYorkshire_Dale

At last a f'cking home win!........thanks Bob for the late save.

Really got lucky late on.......but always good to get one over SoftLad
Accrington on 17:00 - Oct 12 with 2615 viewsDale23years

Accrington on 16:57 - Oct 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

At last a f'cking home win!........thanks Bob for the late save.

Really got lucky late on.......but always good to get one over SoftLad

Poor performance but a much needed confidence boost.

Now 3 points at Bolton please

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Accrington on 17:01 - Oct 12 with 2601 viewsrichfoad32

Hard earned 3 points, well done lads. How did McShane play?
Login to get fewer ads

Accrington on 17:04 - Oct 12 with 2565 viewsNigeriamark

Accrington on 16:52 - Oct 12 by Nigeriamark

91 minutes and Hendo off and Morley on

Unbelievable save by Sanchez in the 90th minute. Under the Cosh 1 minute into injury time

Finished 2-1. Accie a bit unlucky not to get something but a crucial 3 points for us. Not retry but today was about getting a win that sets us up nicely for the Bolton game

O’Connell rightly given MOM & he was immense with McShane putting in a good performance too. If he continues like that he will keep Jim out. Sanchez, other than flapping at 1 cross at the end had a very good game. I good save just after the scored and a blinder in the 90th minute. Caught everything as Accie pumped it into the box

Not pretty today but very pleased with the win
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 17:04]
Accrington on 17:06 - Oct 12 with 2529 viewsisitme

Accrington on 17:00 - Oct 12 by Dale23years

Poor performance but a much needed confidence boost.

Now 3 points at Bolton please

Poor first 30. Got better after than. Great save from a header by Sanchez. Their goal was top draw but the rest of their shooting wasn't great, thankfully!

We looked better with O'Connell and McShane. Done also had a decent game against a tricky opponent. I think the balance of the midfield and up to needs looking at.
Accrington on 17:11 - Oct 12 with 2497 viewsDaleFan7

A good 3 points in the end. Hanging on and a few good saves from Sanchez.

If we are going to take 3 points away from teams Accrington is a good one to do so.
Accrington on 17:13 - Oct 12 with 2471 views442Dale

Enjoyable game of lower league football.

Could watch McShane all day. Very calm and sees everything.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Accrington on 17:19 - Oct 12 with 2397 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Accrington on 17:13 - Oct 12 by 442Dale

Enjoyable game of lower league football.

Could watch McShane all day. Very calm and sees everything.

Thank goodness these pesky internationals are over (for now) and we get back two very influential players for next week....
Accrington on 17:29 - Oct 12 with 2310 viewsdawlishdale

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom, but I thought we were quite lucky to get anything from the game, and but for some excellent defending by O'Connell and a wonder save from Sanchez, we could easily have lost. Of course, a brace from Henderson helps as did the blunder from their keeper who really should be saving Ollie's weakish shot for our first.

Not convinced at all with the way we set up...it just exposes our lack of numbers . And not happy at all to see Keohane exposed for pace and position several times, whilst if Wilbraham has to play, he must play as a target man...not some sort of right sided midfield player.

Accy's goal (and Hendo's second) were top quality, but sometimes, you get what you deserve...and Accy fully deserved to lose due to the pathetic rantings of Jimmy Bell, who must have spent about half the game blasting the 4th official about every decision.

An important 3 points, but I left the ground feeling that the result papers over quite a few cracks. The Board really need to back the Manager in January, if not before by bringing in a decent striker to play alongside Hendo...and yes; I know it's not easy.
Accrington on 17:34 - Oct 12 with 2267 viewsrochdaleriddler

Accrington on 16:20 - Oct 12 by oddjob007

Anyone know what position Wilbraham is playing ?

Dunno , he was poor though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Accrington on 17:38 - Oct 12 with 2223 viewsSandyDrum

Delighted with 3 points, desperately needed to stop the rot!
Especially with so many players out injured.

Watched on iFollow from Prague - McShane and O'connell were excellent, Eoghan really puts his body on the line and McShane really settled into League One football nicely.

We are still unbelievably week going forward, especially down the right. Wilbraham isn't a right winger, he's 40 and playing him there just doesn't work.

Without Hendo, we are screwed - that is well and truly clear.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Accrington on 17:40 - Oct 12 with 2211 viewsjonahwhereru

A win for the home supports at last. Sounded very hard work today, against a pretty poor team. What this does for the confidence of the squad is interesting. Do they come back into training with a spring in their step. Or are they thinking we were second best to a poor side, and having negative thoughts.
In truth we were only missing RND as a guaranteed starter today, so some would have expected better. However the injuries curtail our options from the bench, so we still need some back ASAP. Glad Bonsey got through a full 90, and same for McShane.

One thing I don’t understand is why folk keep banging on about Hendo being our only source of goals😉
Accrington on 17:40 - Oct 12 with 2209 viewsShun

Accrington on 17:29 - Oct 12 by dawlishdale

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom, but I thought we were quite lucky to get anything from the game, and but for some excellent defending by O'Connell and a wonder save from Sanchez, we could easily have lost. Of course, a brace from Henderson helps as did the blunder from their keeper who really should be saving Ollie's weakish shot for our first.

Not convinced at all with the way we set up...it just exposes our lack of numbers . And not happy at all to see Keohane exposed for pace and position several times, whilst if Wilbraham has to play, he must play as a target man...not some sort of right sided midfield player.

Accy's goal (and Hendo's second) were top quality, but sometimes, you get what you deserve...and Accy fully deserved to lose due to the pathetic rantings of Jimmy Bell, who must have spent about half the game blasting the 4th official about every decision.

An important 3 points, but I left the ground feeling that the result papers over quite a few cracks. The Board really need to back the Manager in January, if not before by bringing in a decent striker to play alongside Hendo...and yes; I know it's not easy.

And there’s absolutely no shame in being lucky. We’re down to the bare bones of the squad, remember. Especially at the back. Keohane and Done aren’t first-choice full-backs and both will probably miss out next week when Matheson and Norrington-Davies return.

When you’ve gone as long as we have without a win then games become all about the result rather than the performance.
Accrington on 17:44 - Oct 12 with 2174 viewsD_Alien

Accrington on 17:01 - Oct 12 by richfoad32

He played like he'd just returned from an international break, not from a long layoff

Quality goes a long way at our level and he & O'Connell were up against it for long periods but never flinched; it was almost enjoyable to watch but nerve-wracking too

A couple of minutes after the final whistle, McShane came over to the Pearl St and gave his shirt to a wheelchair-user; think it was predetermined and may have been a family connection, but he's obviously a top lad and his leadership from the back meant we always had a chance. Hendo might've had a hat-trick but there was no real service to the front and i was mystified by both Alby's positioning (under instructions, no doubt) and as others have said, having both Ryan & Williams ahead of the back four which meant we were never able to get onto the front foot. Rathbone's surges forward were just about our only outlet

Overall, a massive three points that keeps our heads above the water. Well done lads

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Accrington on 17:56 - Oct 12 with 2078 viewsrichfoad32

Accrington on 17:44 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

He played like he'd just returned from an international break, not from a long layoff

Quality goes a long way at our level and he & O'Connell were up against it for long periods but never flinched; it was almost enjoyable to watch but nerve-wracking too

A couple of minutes after the final whistle, McShane came over to the Pearl St and gave his shirt to a wheelchair-user; think it was predetermined and may have been a family connection, but he's obviously a top lad and his leadership from the back meant we always had a chance. Hendo might've had a hat-trick but there was no real service to the front and i was mystified by both Alby's positioning (under instructions, no doubt) and as others have said, having both Ryan & Williams ahead of the back four which meant we were never able to get onto the front foot. Rathbone's surges forward were just about our only outlet

Overall, a massive three points that keeps our heads above the water. Well done lads

Alby seems to be being used as Hill had him playing last season when he was a complete nonentity. He flourished over the last couple of months when played up top under BBM so it's perplexing why he's not being used there.

As an aside on McShane, mate of mine was his postman when he was at Brighton and said he was a really nice guy, so that would reiterate your observation that he's a top lad.
Accrington on 18:03 - Oct 12 with 2029 viewsFaxdale

I know some people were pleased with the signing of Ryan and from what I have heard he had a bad injury to come back from. However 13 games into the season and he must be fully fit now, he was awful and put us under loads of pressure not doing the simple things. It was a difficult day but he was left wanting more than anybody be, hope he can improve.
Accrington on 18:11 - Oct 12 with 1950 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Accrington on 17:40 - Oct 12 by Shun

And there’s absolutely no shame in being lucky. We’re down to the bare bones of the squad, remember. Especially at the back. Keohane and Done aren’t first-choice full-backs and both will probably miss out next week when Matheson and Norrington-Davies return.

When you’ve gone as long as we have without a win then games become all about the result rather than the performance.

Lucky or not I don’t care, it’s 3 points so regardless of how they arrive it’s a good day.

Most midfielders can play at the back, albeit they are not as accomplished as a natural defender, but that’s generally due to size and lack of practice, but they can do a job.

Most defenders struggle in midfield as they are effectively destructive players, in an unfamiliar role, and as such will generally look lethargic and a bit unsure what to do, obviously Andy Cannon, Matt Done etc are more versatile, so for them it’s less of an issue.

Defenders and midfielders however cannot play up front, apart from the odd exception they don’t have that instinct, hendo, pitman, forester etc just score goals, they are not quick, particularly skilful in general play, but they score for fun.

Whilst we have a goal scorer of Hendo’s quality we can to a point get away with things, but whilst I expect him to be playing for probably another 4 years, he cannot be relied on solely. I would take survival this season!

I will add though that the signing of mcshane is an absolutely amazing signing at this level, he is premier league sub level, or championship starter when fit, he won’t be cheap but I have to applaud the board and BBM on what is a stellar signing!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Accrington on 18:14 - Oct 12 with 1925 viewsTVOS1907

Accrington on 17:01 - Oct 12 by richfoad32

He was excellent.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Accrington on 18:16 - Oct 12 with 1899 viewsTVOS1907

Accrington on 17:19 - Oct 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thank goodness these pesky internationals are over (for now) and we get back two very influential players for next week....

I'd be surprised if Matheson plays next week if he appears for England on Monday AND Wednesday.

However, if he doesn't then we might see him.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Accrington on 18:31 - Oct 12 with 1779 viewsdingdangblue

Accrington on 17:29 - Oct 12 by dawlishdale

We had a lucky win v Accrington at home last season but they all count. I'll take playing ok and a lucky win against playing superb and 0 points any day. We were due a bit of luck anyway at home as we had very little v Sunderland,Donny or Lincoln. 3 hard earned points and its amazing to see O'Connell back - he makes such a massive difference to our back 4. Onwards and upwards and hopefully the start of a good run with games v Bolton and Mk Dons coming up before a tough looking set of fixtures in November.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 18:32]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024