Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread 11:21 - Nov 8 with 24282 viewsAtThePeake

Following on from what Ancoats_Blue posted in the 'now that the dust has settled thread', I think it would be a good idea to have a match thread for each game with pre-match, live and post-match updates. Also gives us one place to stick all of our pre-and post match content in case you miss any of it on the homepage plus a few handy links from elsewhere.

Match preview:

Match Preview: Wrexham vs Dale 7th Nov 2019 15:57
Dale look to the FA Cup to provide a distraction from their faltering league form on Sunday as they head to North Wales to take on National League outfit Wrexham. 0

Played For Both:

Played for Both: Wrexham v Dale (FA Cup) 8th Nov 2019 09:00
Our “Played for Both” feature continues with a former captain who played for both Dale and our FA Cup opponents Wrexham. 4

Racecourse Ground Guide: https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-premier/wrexha

Ticket news: https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/ticket-news-wrexhamaway_101119/

Travel news: https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/travelnews-wrexhamaway_100219/

Tangled up in blue.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 10 with 2838 viewsblackdogblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:51 - Nov 10 by Sandyman

Boring boring Rochdale.
A good enthusiastic away following had the life drained away from them by a clueless, negative performance on the pitch. That was woeful. Were we playing for the draw? We certainly didn't want to score. Wrexham, poor as they were at least tried to get a goal.
Lovely weather, a good run down on the coach and pleasant company ftom the home fans in the centenary bar. The game sadly was ghastly. How to drive fans away in 90 minutes.

Disagree Wrexham were poor, thought for quite a few spells they controlled the game, one plus for them is they attack and I thought they were damn unlucky not to win... I wouldn’t have complained as much if they did to be honest.. the team we have got is simply not good enough... Pyke was replaced by a full back was a strange decision. No real play from a real static sideways midfield...

Thought Bobby Grant put a decent shift in, made a nuisance of himself, not sure why he’s ended up non league looking at some of the teams I’ve seen this season (including us)

Agree thou my friend on the weather, at least you & I got to top up our tans ☀️☀️

😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:23 - Nov 10 with 2736 viewselectricblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:27 - Nov 10 by SuddenLad

I'm becoming more and more convinced that we are currently going nowhere under BBM. We haven't really progressed since he took charge, we have a complete lack of attacking flair and never look like we are going to score unless we walk the ball into the net.

We seem to have no other plan, no variation and no decent options from the bench. Too predictable, one-dimensional and ineffective.

Yes, he's relatively new to the job, but the things he says about the performances, aren't the things I see. I'm not saying he should be replaced, because he can't do a great deal, with insufficient financial backing, but the 'bean counters' upstairs need to start supporting the manager with the same enthusiasm that the fans show by supporting the team.

Get yer hands down and spend some bloody money. Give the bloke a fighting chance.....

What did Dale recieve from the Utd game!
Surely a % of that can be added to the current wage budget......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 10 with 2730 viewswelshdale

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 10 by blackdogblue

Disagree Wrexham were poor, thought for quite a few spells they controlled the game, one plus for them is they attack and I thought they were damn unlucky not to win... I wouldn’t have complained as much if they did to be honest.. the team we have got is simply not good enough... Pyke was replaced by a full back was a strange decision. No real play from a real static sideways midfield...

Thought Bobby Grant put a decent shift in, made a nuisance of himself, not sure why he’s ended up non league looking at some of the teams I’ve seen this season (including us)

Agree thou my friend on the weather, at least you & I got to top up our tans ☀️☀️

😀

Poor display in the Welsh autumn sunshine

Missed Ollie today, Ryan as the anchor trying to get us playing didn't work as it was too slow and often obvious
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:41 - Nov 10 with 2630 viewsSuddenLad

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:23 - Nov 10 by electricblue

What did Dale recieve from the Utd game!
Surely a % of that can be added to the current wage budget......

£463,000

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 10 with 2620 viewsblackdogblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:41 - Nov 10 by SuddenLad

£463,000

If that was Fifa points would have a cracking team 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:47 - Nov 10 with 2618 viewsinthenet

£463,000

Hope we get in a at least 3 decent players in with that

Rastrickblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:13 - Nov 10 with 2502 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:47 - Nov 10 by inthenet

Hope we get in a at least 3 decent players in with that

DB won’t spend a penny of it. As long as we scrape it in lg1, have the odd cup run & keep producing young talent to sell then he can present a healthy balance sheet & alls ok. Never mind the lack of home wins, dwindling home fans, a ludicrous pricing policy (both pay on the day & food) & a ground that needs an update. We are probably now known as “consumers” rather than fans.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:44 - Nov 10 with 2375 viewsnordenblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 10 by welshdale

Poor display in the Welsh autumn sunshine

Missed Ollie today, Ryan as the anchor trying to get us playing didn't work as it was too slow and often obvious

We'd be better giving John Ryan a return,he'd still be far better use than the current one
Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:50 - Nov 10 with 2341 viewsDale23years

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:44 - Nov 10 by nordenblue

We'd be better giving John Ryan a return,he'd still be far better use than the current one

Just listened to BBM interview, if he's happy with that performance we might as well give up watching rochdale as the performance was shocking, slow, backward passing and positional play from certain players over last few game has been unacceptable.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 19:02]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:56 - Nov 10 with 2311 viewsdawlishdale

£463,000

Is this an official figure, or a guess.
Apologies for not knowing....I haven't seen anything about what we earned.

What worries me is our CEO proclaiming that any money would only keep us going for two to three months... which suggests that we are skint in the extreme.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:58 - Nov 10 with 2299 viewsfitzochris

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 16:52 - Nov 10 by James1980

I would love us to be the league version of Barca, Man City or Liverpool. However I am not sure we can afford it. We can't buy players who fit well enough into that system to get fans on the edge of their seats each match. If we loan them it is more than likely they will return to the parent club or move onto a club with more 'spare' cash. We have a fantastic academy but my guess is we also can't really afford to keep the real gems it brings through based on this lad who we have sold according to that efl podcast, plus wouldn't be surprised Matheson signed his contract for noble reasons knowing if he gets bought it will help keep Dale solvent. Not sure what the answer is because outside investment to buy and retain players is fraught with danger as we have seen.

Hill had us playing attractive, effective football on a shoestring before he lost the plot. It kept us entertained but realistic.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 10 with 2287 viewsfitzochris

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:56 - Nov 10 by dawlishdale

Is this an official figure, or a guess.
Apologies for not knowing....I haven't seen anything about what we earned.

What worries me is our CEO proclaiming that any money would only keep us going for two to three months... which suggests that we are skint in the extreme.

We shouldn’t be, though. So, if we are, more questions to be asked.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:01 - Nov 10 with 2281 viewsJames1980

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 18:58 - Nov 10 by fitzochris

Hill had us playing attractive, effective football on a shoestring before he lost the plot. It kept us entertained but realistic.

Indeed he did but did he lose the plot when he decided we had to 'kill teams with possession'?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:02 - Nov 10 with 2272 viewsfitzochris

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:01 - Nov 10 by James1980

Indeed he did but did he lose the plot when he decided we had to 'kill teams with possession'?

He lost the plot when he disappeared too far up his own backside and treated each game like a chemistry set.

Prior to that, he proved you don’t need a fortune to play decent football that wins games.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:10 - Nov 10 with 2245 viewsJames1980

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:02 - Nov 10 by fitzochris

He lost the plot when he disappeared too far up his own backside and treated each game like a chemistry set.

Prior to that, he proved you don’t need a fortune to play decent football that wins games.

My argument is we don't have the players or budget for the players to be proficient at games with a gazillion passes each match with the crowd and opposition mesmerised.
With a few tweaks we could go back to the no fear football of the early years of Hill

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:16 - Nov 10 with 2206 viewsfitzochris

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:10 - Nov 10 by James1980

My argument is we don't have the players or budget for the players to be proficient at games with a gazillion passes each match with the crowd and opposition mesmerised.
With a few tweaks we could go back to the no fear football of the early years of Hill

I’m not sure of your point, full stop. Hill managed to put on both types of the football you describe with a very limited budget. It proves it’s possible. Your original point was that it needed a “gazillion” pounds. It doesn’t. It needs the right manager, willing players and a supportive infrastructure. We had that at one time. Now we don’t.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:31 - Nov 10 with 2119 viewsJames1980

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:16 - Nov 10 by fitzochris

I’m not sure of your point, full stop. Hill managed to put on both types of the football you describe with a very limited budget. It proves it’s possible. Your original point was that it needed a “gazillion” pounds. It doesn’t. It needs the right manager, willing players and a supportive infrastructure. We had that at one time. Now we don’t.

Don't think I said a gazillion pounds. I mentioned a gazillion passes and the crowd being mesmerised.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:34 - Nov 10 with 2102 viewsfitzochris

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:31 - Nov 10 by James1980

Don't think I said a gazillion pounds. I mentioned a gazillion passes and the crowd being mesmerised.

Here’s what you said: “I would love us to be the league version of Barca, Man City or Liverpool. However I am not sure we can afford it.”

My posts showed that it’s been achieved before and it had fook all to do with money.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:43 - Nov 10 with 2048 views442Dale

There needs to be a clear direction with any possible barriers being made public to supporters and a definitive plan of how we overcome those barriers.

It really isn’t very hard, we don’t expect the earth. There’s too much doubt right now, it is the responsibility of those who can remove it to do so.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:47 - Nov 10 with 2023 viewsnordenblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:10 - Nov 10 by James1980

We'd need a player in the squad that could take on his opposite number,with an ounce of pace,something that's been crying out for since Hillys time.

We are so pedestrian it's criminal, then when the ball eventually reaches the halfway line 40,000 passes since originally leaving the keeper you often find Hendo still in our own half behind the play anyway, similarly even when 1.0 down against Ipswich "chasing"the game,for their corner we pull EVERY single player back, on the off chance we do manage to clear the first ball you may aswell send an invite to them asking them to have another go at scoring if their first attempt somehow fails,brilliant...
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 19:49]
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:47 - Nov 10 with 2023 viewstodmordendale

We did not loose. We’re still in the draw. We are Rochdale.
A couple of weeks ago at Old Trafford, you were all saying we were the best since sliced bread.
Let’s support our lads, they give their all and they are all they are.
C’mon the Dale.
We are not Southend nor Leyton Orient.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:49 - Nov 10 with 2009 viewsfitzochris

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 19:43 - Nov 10 by 442Dale

There needs to be a clear direction with any possible barriers being made public to supporters and a definitive plan of how we overcome those barriers.

It really isn’t very hard, we don’t expect the earth. There’s too much doubt right now, it is the responsibility of those who can remove it to do so.

Absolutely. That’s why I’m looking forward to the responses to the Trust’s questions.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 21:28]

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 20:38 - Nov 10 with 1842 viewsD_Alien

Inward investment?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 20:46 - Nov 10 with 1817 viewsCleedale

442; with respect, are you talking about negativity from within the club re-budgets, players?

ie, the well-publicised costs of running the club (around £350K/mth)., the facts that we seem to be letting talents go 'before' we've hardly seen them play, the facts that we seem to be signing some good players who are perhaps already injury prone and therefore not playing regularly but probably taking a very decent wage from the club?

Only ideas, you can shoot me down...but the whole of footie imho needs some serious looking at. So many clubs in financial difficulties and what sounded like the MK Dons chairman bailing them out from potential losses of £10,000 per day, over a full year; is this where football's come?

I guess I read on here about senior pros at our club being on the £2k-£3k mark per week? In that case Hendo must be on more/much more BUT where would we seriously be without his regular goal contribution and surely no one can doubt what magical memories he's so far made at The Dale.

As an aside, I really worry that the Hill/Beech pay-off was so astronomical that we'll all gawp when it eventually transpires what the total is...and...has it so damaged our current progress or are we just where we're at because of the limitations of what money we have/have not and that football has just shifted so far financially in recent years that we just can't keep up.

Like I said just ideas/thoughts. We are still in the cup and despite recent showing I think 15th in L1.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 20:51 - Nov 10 with 1798 viewsOxDale

I need to get this off my chest. We were terrible today. And there should be expletives in that statement. If BBM isn't privately livid with his players, he isn't the man for the job. He needs to come up into the stand and watch the number of opportunities that were not taken to attack the opposition. Who were a bang average non-league team. Too many players wouldn't take any responsibility to attack. We won't score again this season if that display is repeated.
It was verging on being embarrassing to be a Dale fan today. Something I thought was behind us.
UTD
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 20:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024