Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 30941 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 22:00 - Dec 16 with 7603 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Gosh w e do have a lot of games coming up......just hope a few more players recover from injuries

Hope Hendo's knock tonight is not too bad?

Any updates?
Newcastle tickets on 22:37 - Dec 16 with 7387 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 22:00 - Dec 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Gosh w e do have a lot of games coming up......just hope a few more players recover from injuries

Hope Hendo's knock tonight is not too bad?

Any updates?

It looked more like an impact injury rather than muscular from the initial tackle which if so could/should be "better" news
Newcastle tickets on 22:41 - Dec 16 with 7356 viewsjudd

Filling the home ends with who?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 22:49 - Dec 16 with 7298 viewsDalenet

Newcastle tickets on 22:41 - Dec 16 by judd

Well if we allow the season ticket holders 5 tickets each first we can see what will need to be sold thereafter. :)

You just know we will charge full whack. But normal league prices would be a good level without any category B nonsense
Newcastle tickets on 22:54 - Dec 16 with 7260 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 22:41 - Dec 16 by judd

To be fair - a home league game v Sunderland isn't going to sell out in the home ends. An FA Cup game v Newcastle is. 3500 Geordies is more than enough tickets for them and far more than the 15% the rules state.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 23:16 - Dec 16 with 7161 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 22:54 - Dec 16 by dingdangblue

To be fair - a home league game v Sunderland isn't going to sell out in the home ends. An FA Cup game v Newcastle is. 3500 Geordies is more than enough tickets for them and far more than the 15% the rules state.

It's a genuine question.

Sunderland was over optimistic but this town will not sell out home spaces for Newcastle, irrespective of price. I think Newcastle will sell every ticket we offer them.

Newcastle tickets on 23:20 - Dec 16 with 7133 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 23:16 - Dec 16 by judd

It's a genuine question.

Sunderland was over optimistic but this town will not sell out home spaces for Newcastle, irrespective of price. I think Newcastle will sell every ticket we offer them.

You dont think we will sell out the home ends v Newcastle Utd?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 23:21]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Newcastle tickets on 23:41 - Dec 16 with 7054 viewsTVOS1907

Newcastle tickets on 23:20 - Dec 16 by dingdangblue

Whey aye man!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 00:06 - Dec 17 with 6969 viewsShun

Newcastle tickets on 23:20 - Dec 16 by dingdangblue

Personally I don’t think we will. Absolutely no disrespect to Newcastle, but this doesn’t have quite the same draw to it as the Spurs game did. The fact that it was our first ‘huge’ tie in years and we were playing a team packed full of internationals including England’s best player (at the time) made the latter more appealing to me.

I still think it’s a great draw and we’ll get a big crowd, but I don’t think we’ll sell out. Newcastle is a huge draw, but Newcastle not so long after playing Spurs (twice) and Man United isn’t quite as huge. I also agree with judd that they would probably sell whatever we give them.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 0:09]
Newcastle tickets on 00:34 - Dec 17 with 6926 viewsD_Alien

As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't be more simple

Newcastle get the Willbutts, and tickets for the home ends should be the same price as for league fixtures, at the cheapest category

Just get on with organising it properly, and cut the crap

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 00:43 - Dec 17 with 6923 viewsAussieDale

Newcastle tickets on 00:34 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Newcastle get the Willbutts, and tickets for the home ends should be the same price as for league fixtures, at the cheapest category

I'm tipping that whatever the club comes up with, and there's no doubt they have deserved criticism for this issue in the past, there will be plenty on this board waiting with baseball bats to pile in and rubbish whatever they do. The overall negative tone on this board is difficult to accept at times. As an example only last week ' James 1980' posted a positive article from Luke Matheson on the club website and, surprise surprise, not one supportive comment. It's almost like we're not happy unless we've something to complain about. Rant over.
Newcastle tickets on 01:14 - Dec 17 with 6881 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 00:43 - Dec 17 by AussieDale

I'm tipping that whatever the club comes up with, and there's no doubt they have deserved criticism for this issue in the past, there will be plenty on this board waiting with baseball bats to pile in and rubbish whatever they do. The overall negative tone on this board is difficult to accept at times. As an example only last week ' James 1980' posted a positive article from Luke Matheson on the club website and, surprise surprise, not one supportive comment. It's almost like we're not happy unless we've something to complain about. Rant over.

I'm tipping that those of us who actually attend games aren't going be messed about as per the Sunderland fixture, hence my post

We know the club read this; I'm just trying to make life easier for them, which is entirely positive

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 05:04 - Dec 17 with 6816 viewsaleanddale

Newcastle tickets on 00:34 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

You available for some consultancy work D Alien?

Hope the club reads your post.

Easy isn't it?
Newcastle tickets on 06:36 - Dec 17 with 6743 viewsrochdaleriddler

Not much time to get these tickets flogged, if season ticket holders get priority , that will take up most of the pre Xmas period. Then v few ‘normal’ opening days before the game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 07:37 - Dec 17 with 6664 viewsdingdangblue

Well the 'full house' v Spurs was announced as 8480. It will be interesting what our actual 'full house' is? Taking into account the rows of broken or missing seats in the front of the Pearl St end and seats not being able to be used because of TV cameras - then there were rumours that quite a few Spurs fans bought tickets but didn't attend (just to claim supporter points for future big games). Surely 8480 isn't a full Spotland? We had nearly 10,000 v Darlington just over 10 years ago.

Newcastle tickets on 08:37 - Dec 17 with 6537 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm a " floating fan " .Years ago I was a regular home fan, local game away fan. I've been to a handful of games recently. Last one Sunderland at home last season. I'd like to be able to get tickets for me, my son and my grandson aged 13 who is just getting into football. What's the chances ?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 8:38]
Newcastle tickets on 08:50 - Dec 17 with 6496 viewsSandyDrum

Newcastle tickets on 08:37 - Dec 17 by mingthemerciless

I'm a " floating fan " .Years ago I was a regular home fan, local game away fan. I've been to a handful of games recently. Last one Sunderland at home last season. I'd like to be able to get tickets for me, my son and my grandson aged 13 who is just getting into football. What's the chances ?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 8:38]

You'll be fine, we won't sell out.

It really isn't a MASSIVE game for floating fans - Newcastle don't have any marquee players, even their multi-million pound man Almiron isn't much a draw for regular football fans.

They don't even have a glamour manager, last time I saw Steve Bruce he was having a piss in Faro Airport and I wasn't exactly starstruck.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Newcastle tickets on 08:51 - Dec 17 with 6489 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 08:50 - Dec 17 by SandyDrum

It really isn't a MASSIVE game for floating fans - Newcastle don't have any marquee players, even their multi-million pound man Almiron isn't much a draw for regular football fans.

They don't even have a glamour manager, last time I saw Steve Bruce he was having a piss in Faro Airport and I wasn't exactly starstruck.

Didn’t stop you taking his picture though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 08:52 - Dec 17 with 6487 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 08:50 - Dec 17 by SandyDrum

I hope he was using a toilet at the time.

Newcastle tickets on 09:02 - Dec 17 with 6449 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 22:54 - Dec 16 by dingdangblue

I still think we will not sell out the home allocation.

Given the noises coming from the club about times being tough, it would not surprise me to see NUFC fans in the home areas.

It may be logistically impossible given the time scales, but it may just be doable that if NUFC sell out their initial allocation and home ticket sales are slow, then areas of home allocation are opened up.

Newcastle tickets on 09:29 - Dec 17 with 6390 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 09:02 - Dec 17 by judd

I still think we will not sell out the home allocation.

Given the noises coming from the club about times being tough, it would not surprise me to see NUFC fans in the home areas.

It may be logistically impossible given the time scales, but it may just be doable that if NUFC sell out their initial allocation and home ticket sales are slow, then areas of home allocation are opened up.

I still think it will be a sell out (if the powers at be dont increase the prices). We dont play Premier League teams at Spotland every week (Spurs and Stoke in our history?) Its the FA Cup 3rd round and we are the opening fixture of the weekend. We get 2000 regular league fans at home so realistically there are only 3500 floating fans to shift tickets to (based on 9000 capacity). I expect tickets will go on sale tomorrow for season ticket holders and open sale from Monday?

Newcastle tickets on 09:36 - Dec 17 with 6378 viewsTVOS1907

Newcastle tickets on 09:29 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

I still think it will be a sell out (if the powers at be dont increase the prices). We dont play Premier League teams at Spotland every week (Spurs and Stoke in our history?) Its the FA Cup 3rd round and we are the opening fixture of the weekend. We get 2000 regular league fans at home so realistically there are only 3500 floating fans to shift tickets to (based on 9000 capacity). I expect tickets will go on sale tomorrow for season ticket holders and open sale from Monday?

Fulham as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newcastle tickets on 09:43 - Dec 17 with 6358 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 09:36 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Fulham as well.

Ah yes - another cracking game. You would also think most floating fans who have been to previous 'big' games will return - those experiences v Fulham,Leeds,Spurs and Man Utd were all brilliant occasions. Even the 1st half v Stoke was very even with Done missing a great chance to go in 1-1 at ht.

Newcastle tickets on 09:44 - Dec 17 with 6351 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 09:43 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

Ah yes - another cracking game. You would also think most floating fans who have been to previous 'big' games will return - those experiences v Fulham,Leeds,Spurs and Man Utd were all brilliant occasions. Even the 1st half v Stoke was very even with Done missing a great chance to go in 1-1 at ht.

12:31 kick off and game on TV.

Newcastle tickets on 09:49 - Dec 17 with 6342 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 01:14 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

I'm tipping that those of us who actually attend games aren't going be messed about as per the Sunderland fixture, hence my post

We know the club read this; I'm just trying to make life easier for them, which is entirely positive

No no and fooking thrice no, you need to put a few more hurdles in the way prior to fans being able to purchase tickets, bang a booking fee on top too, use a premium phone number and open the ticket office for 1 hour a day between 3-4am
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024