Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75735 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:29 - Mar 25 with 3025 viewskiwidale

Coronavirus on 21:43 - Mar 23 by D_Alien

The truth is stranger than fiction!

[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 5:36]

This is not the time for bickering.

Coronavirus on 08:04 - Mar 25 with 2905 viewsDySporting

I was having to deliver home learning packs to our most vulnerable kids in a really deprived part of bristol yesterday. Roads were busy and lots of people out and about. Sunbathers in the park, teenagers playing basketball etc Not sure the message in some areas is getting across.
Coronavirus on 09:08 - Mar 25 with 2853 viewsaleanddale

Coronavirus on 08:04 - Mar 25 by DySporting

I was having to deliver home learning packs to our most vulnerable kids in a really deprived part of bristol yesterday. Roads were busy and lots of people out and about. Sunbathers in the park, teenagers playing basketball etc Not sure the message in some areas is getting across.

The police / Army will have to step in yesterday.

Having my 30 minutes exercise at hollingworth lake yesterday at least 8 maybe upto 10 wrong uns all on bikes (push bikes) zooming around and play fighting rolling about on the grass.

Not 12 year olds these were adult ages 16-21 approx but all disrespectful to others attempting a quick 30 minute lap whilst being 2 metres apart.

Tesco Rochdale this morning disinfectant for trolley handles at the door and some good social distancing at all Till’s so well done to them.

This is serious shit now and everybody needs to play there part. If you read this and are in a position to change your behaviour I urge you to do so immediately.
Coronavirus on 10:12 - Mar 25 with 2776 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 09:08 - Mar 25 by aleanddale

The police / Army will have to step in yesterday.

Having my 30 minutes exercise at hollingworth lake yesterday at least 8 maybe upto 10 wrong uns all on bikes (push bikes) zooming around and play fighting rolling about on the grass.

Not 12 year olds these were adult ages 16-21 approx but all disrespectful to others attempting a quick 30 minute lap whilst being 2 metres apart.

Tesco Rochdale this morning disinfectant for trolley handles at the door and some good social distancing at all Till’s so well done to them.

This is serious shit now and everybody needs to play there part. If you read this and are in a position to change your behaviour I urge you to do so immediately.

Well said a&d

Can you (or anyone) clear something up for me? I'd read online and via my sister who usually walks her dog round the Lake, that the pathway was closed. Is it open as usual?

And there's a new term for those you describe - covidiots

[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 10:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 11:08 - Mar 25 with 2700 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 10:12 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Well said a&d

Can you (or anyone) clear something up for me? I'd read online and via my sister who usually walks her dog round the Lake, that the pathway was closed. Is it open as usual?

And there's a new term for those you describe - covidiots

[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 10:27]

The level of sheer stupidity in this country is utterly bewildering in a small minority.

Almost all of the country is pulling in the same direction and people on the front line are risking their lives for us then there are morons like this (below) and the many many thousands who think this doesn't apply to them. It just beggars belief.

Edit: Not to mention Trump who says US can shake CV by Easter with the virus running rampant in NY city (unsurprisingly given the population and the lack of social distancing until way too late). That's going to be a horror show. So sad.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 11:42]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus on 12:54 - Mar 25 with 2612 viewsJames1980

Coronavirus on 11:08 - Mar 25 by DaleiLama

The level of sheer stupidity in this country is utterly bewildering in a small minority.

Almost all of the country is pulling in the same direction and people on the front line are risking their lives for us then there are morons like this (below) and the many many thousands who think this doesn't apply to them. It just beggars belief.

Edit: Not to mention Trump who says US can shake CV by Easter with the virus running rampant in NY city (unsurprisingly given the population and the lack of social distancing until way too late). That's going to be a horror show. So sad.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 11:42]

I heard a good analogy once.
It as if we are on a ship heading towards the harbour. The majority are doing their best to help the boat chart its course. A small minority however are down in the hold hold with pick axes making holes.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Coronavirus on 13:55 - Mar 25 with 2536 viewsmingthemerciless

Coronavirus on 12:54 - Mar 25 by James1980

I heard a good analogy once.
It as if we are on a ship heading towards the harbour. The majority are doing their best to help the boat chart its course. A small minority however are down in the hold hold with pick axes making holes.

Or we're all in a rowing boat rowing as fast as we can. There's a couple in the back of the boat trailing their hands in the water.
Coronavirus on 14:57 - Mar 25 with 2478 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coronavirus on 13:55 - Mar 25 by mingthemerciless

Or we're all in a rowing boat rowing as fast as we can. There's a couple in the back of the boat trailing their hands in the water.

0r, ‘trailing their pick axes in the water’.
If you opt for that you have the benefit of a more succinct boat analogy but still retain the brute imagery associated with pick-axes.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 14:58]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 15:25 - Mar 25 with 2443 viewsJumeirahDale

The DJ pointed out enough of her stupidity even without lingering on the fact her husband is in a delicate medical condition, and she's meandering around ASDA. He's probably hoping she doesn't come back home. What an absolute pranny.
Coronavirus on 15:29 - Mar 25 with 2435 viewsjonahwhereru

I have only just picked up that Andy Cannon is among the Portsmouth players with Covid 19. While I expect a fit lad like him will get over it very quickly, I guess at the moment we do not know if once athletes start stressing their bodies againwill they maintain the previous level of lung power. If the bits of the lung that break off due to this virus do not self repair I could be more serious for professional sport people than I had previously thought.

Here’s hoping they repair easily for everyone’s sake.
Coronavirus on 15:30 - Mar 25 with 2430 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 15:29 - Mar 25 by jonahwhereru

I have only just picked up that Andy Cannon is among the Portsmouth players with Covid 19. While I expect a fit lad like him will get over it very quickly, I guess at the moment we do not know if once athletes start stressing their bodies againwill they maintain the previous level of lung power. If the bits of the lung that break off due to this virus do not self repair I could be more serious for professional sport people than I had previously thought.

Here’s hoping they repair easily for everyone’s sake.

3 Pompey players with it apparently.

Coronavirus on 20:50 - Mar 25 with 2308 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 21:03 - Mar 25 with 2304 viewsDalenet

Coronavirus on 15:30 - Mar 25 by DaleiLama

3 Pompey players with it apparently.

5 I think it is now. But there is at least one pro footballer in his 20's in Ireland that needed to be put on a ventilator. And today a 21yo with no existing conditions died of it. The young and fit are not invincible
Coronavirus on 21:48 - Mar 25 with 2255 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 22:46 - Mar 25 with 2213 viewsnordenblue

Coronavirus on 21:48 - Mar 25 by DaleiLama

How the fook did the racing ever get the green light in the first place,or is it once again money wins above folks health in the stakes.... ridiculous
Coronavirus on 23:26 - Mar 25 with 2179 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 22:46 - Mar 25 by nordenblue

How the fook did the racing ever get the green light in the first place,or is it once again money wins above folks health in the stakes.... ridiculous

Indeed …… it's the horses supposed to be wearing the blinkers.

Edit - at least this will have no spectators

[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 9:58]

Coronavirus on 11:28 - Mar 27 with 1937 viewsDaleiLama

BoJo got it now. Self isolating with mild symptoms.

[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:31]

Coronavirus on 11:32 - Mar 27 with 1922 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 11:28 - Mar 27 by DaleiLama

BoJo got it now. Self isolating with mild symptoms.

[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:31]

Carrie has been notable by her absence from the spotlight since the crisis started, she'll be absent from Boris now too, especially since she's erm... carrying
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:41]

Coronavirus on 11:40 - Mar 27 with 1901 viewskel

Coronavirus on 21:48 - Mar 25 by DaleiLama

Them referring to him as a comedian is stretching it a bit.
Coronavirus on 11:51 - Mar 27 with 1871 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 11:32 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Carrie has been notable by her absence from the spotlight since the crisis started, she'll be absent from Boris now too, especially since she's erm... carrying
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:41]

12 weeks if they follow the guidelines.

And now he's heading up his own herd-immunity program.

Coronavirus on 11:57 - Mar 27 with 1848 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 11:51 - Mar 27 by DaleiLama

12 weeks if they follow the guidelines.

And now he's heading up his own herd-immunity program.

He always wanted to be leader of the world, and now he's made it. First world-leader to test positive. By the time he sends it packing, he'll be experienced in co-videoconferencing

Coronavirus on 14:05 - Mar 27 with 1737 viewsjonesy

It wouldn’t surprise me if the cabinet are tested each day. Perhaps a good idea but when they come on tv looking well I think it may send the wrong message out. That the virus is not too bad.
Coronavirus on 18:19 - Mar 27 with 1622 viewsmingthemerciless

I thought both Hancock and Whitty looked sweaty the last time they appeared on TV.
Coronavirus on 20:20 - Mar 27 with 1560 viewsjudd

Coronavirus on 18:19 - Mar 27 by mingthemerciless

I thought both Hancock and Whitty looked sweaty the last time they appeared on TV.

Was that on the Great British Bake Off?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Coronavirus on 21:35 - Mar 27 with 1512 viewsmikehunt

He's in a bit of a pickle is Bojo and not just because he has the virus. For a start; has he been socially distancing himself? If not why not? If so, it hasn't bleedin' worked has it? And if he shrugs it off with just a mere sniffle then what are the rest of us supposed to make of the purported seriousness of it? Was the lockdown really necessary? Any worse than flu?

I'm keeping my eyes on Belorus, whose footie season kicked off as normal last Saturday. Their President stated that they had looked at Europe and the rest of the World and seen that, despite lockdowns, people were still getting the virus. He said if you feel ill, stay at home but Belorus is staying open for business. Bars, restaurants cinemas etc. all remain open.
They had had 84 confirmed cases 22 of which had recovered. Hmmm ....
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 22:03]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024