Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75718 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus on 11:51 - Mar 15 with 2758 viewsdingdangblue

Coronavirus on 11:02 - Mar 15 by pioneer

want to completely isolate all 70+. A clown surrounded by clowns and a big majority.

Well we finally will have got rid of the house of lords.

If this goes through surely there will be civil unrest.

Back to Eyam.

Seems far more sense to isolate the people most at risk rather than the whole population like other countries have done. How is isolating a whole country feasible?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Coronavirus on 12:00 - Mar 15 with 2741 viewspioneer

Coronavirus on 11:51 - Mar 15 by dingdangblue

Seems far more sense to isolate the people most at risk rather than the whole population like other countries have done. How is isolating a whole country feasible?

its called human rights something the tories will. delight in destroying.

it is not defined by age ...and even if it was those 70+ would be far better being in the presence of their families than some bureaucraticly driven meals on wheels.
Coronavirus on 12:03 - Mar 15 with 2717 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 12:00 - Mar 15 by pioneer

its called human rights something the tories will. delight in destroying.

it is not defined by age ...and even if it was those 70+ would be far better being in the presence of their families than some bureaucraticly driven meals on wheels.

For god's sake, give it a rest

This is no time for political pointscoring, it's just inflammatory and there's enough inflammation happening with Covid-19 without adding to it

[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 12:12 - Mar 15 with 2718 viewsmingthemerciless

My mum's 90 and lives on her own but she's in reasonably good health. I'm just 71 so how do I look after her if I'm in self isolation myself ? She lives in a little community that was built for 55 + years old plus owners. Most of them are up around the 70 mark at the moment. So not a lot of chance of neighbourly self help.
Coronavirus on 12:46 - Mar 15 with 2655 viewsrichfoad32

Wouldn't it be better to wait until when/if these plans are ever officially announced than just adding to the speculation and scaremongering?
Coronavirus on 13:08 - Mar 15 with 2617 viewswimborne_dale

Coronavirus on 15:35 - Mar 14 by James1980

I guess you'll soon be attracting interest from Sky Sports.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Coronavirus on 14:15 - Mar 15 with 2536 viewsmingthemerciless

Coronavirus on 12:46 - Mar 15 by richfoad32

Wouldn't it be better to wait until when/if these plans are ever officially announced than just adding to the speculation and scaremongering?

Matt Hancock, who as far as I know is the Health Secretary, was discussing the idea of long term self isolation this morning on TV apparently. I think that takes it beyond the realms of scaremongering and speculation.
Coronavirus on 14:23 - Mar 15 with 2508 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 12:46 - Mar 15 by richfoad32

Maybe the government shouldn’t be feeding the likes of Peston this info on a Saturday evening. The prime minister needs to address the nation daily, and explain what is happening. It’s no wonder people are going off half cocked, on Friday we were letting the herd catch it, now after a lot of criticism from world experts we seem to be changing course. The WHO says we should be testing and tracing people as well as other strategies such as containment.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 14:27 - Mar 15 with 2502 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 11:51 - Mar 15 by dingdangblue

If I have to stay in for 4 months, with no sport or seeing anyoneI think I would rather be dead

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 16:05 - Mar 15 with 2398 viewsmingthemerciless

Coronavirus on 14:27 - Mar 15 by rochdaleriddler

If I have to stay in for 4 months, with no sport or seeing anyoneI think I would rather be dead

That's exactly what my mum says. Even at 90 she goes out into town nearly ever day !
Coronavirus on 19:15 - Mar 15 with 2218 viewsEllGazzell

Coronavirus on 11:42 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

I think delay is inevitable, given the already stringent timeframe and the unlikelihood that face-to-face negotiations will progress as expected. There may be other ways and means, but they can wait whilst more immediate concerns occupy us

But just as a reminder, we have already left the EU. What remains to be negotiated is the terms of trade. It's also worthy of note that border security has suddenly become a rather more pressing issue to countries remaining in the EU

We are not "totally unprepared" as you suggest, but i'm certainly not going to become involved in a politics-led wrangle about this. People will vent, so be it

"It's also worthy of note that border security has suddenly become a rather more pressing issue to countries remaining in the EU"

what do you mean?

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Coronavirus on 19:25 - Mar 15 with 2195 viewspioneer

Coronavirus on 14:15 - Mar 15 by mingthemerciless

Matt Hancock, who as far as I know is the Health Secretary, was discussing the idea of long term self isolation this morning on TV apparently. I think that takes it beyond the realms of scaremongering and speculation.

And that was despite his chief medical officer saying it would be a bad idea in hisevidence to the health select committee.
Coronavirus on 19:36 - Mar 15 with 2161 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 19:25 - Mar 15 by pioneer

And that was despite his chief medical officer saying it would be a bad idea in hisevidence to the health select committee.

He also said the herd immunity thing was NOT give policy despite the government saying it was a couple of days ago. Shitshow

Coronavirus on 20:18 - Mar 15 with 2088 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 19:15 - Mar 15 by EllGazzell

"It's also worthy of note that border security has suddenly become a rather more pressing issue to countries remaining in the EU"

what do you mean?

https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-doors-slam-shut-across-borderless-europe-as

What did you think i meant?

Coronavirus on 20:52 - Mar 15 with 2049 viewsfermin

My brother lives in Vienna and he has just sent us a message about what is happening there.

'Here in Austria we are now locked down in a desperate attempt to save our health service and avoid the fate of Italy. Tyrol is under 24-hour curfew. Only food shops, chemists, bank and mobile phone shops will be open in Vienna from tomorrow onwards. Public assemblies of more than 5 people are forbidden. The OAP generation is being told to isolate themselves.'

He added on the phone that only family groups can go for walks together. Children are not allowed to meet up to play games/football etc. When out you can be stopped by the police to be asked where you are going. The Austrian army has been mobilised as well. All this even though they have had very few cases

Personally I find it hard to believe that it would be possible to implement and enforce something like that in this country. I find it hard to believe that it is possible in Austria, but apparently the government have more power over your private life than here and people are more law-abiding.
Coronavirus on 22:39 - Mar 15 with 1974 viewsDalenet

Coronavirus on 20:52 - Mar 15 by fermin

My brother lives in Vienna and he has just sent us a message about what is happening there.

'Here in Austria we are now locked down in a desperate attempt to save our health service and avoid the fate of Italy. Tyrol is under 24-hour curfew. Only food shops, chemists, bank and mobile phone shops will be open in Vienna from tomorrow onwards. Public assemblies of more than 5 people are forbidden. The OAP generation is being told to isolate themselves.'

He added on the phone that only family groups can go for walks together. Children are not allowed to meet up to play games/football etc. When out you can be stopped by the police to be asked where you are going. The Austrian army has been mobilised as well. All this even though they have had very few cases

Personally I find it hard to believe that it would be possible to implement and enforce something like that in this country. I find it hard to believe that it is possible in Austria, but apparently the government have more power over your private life than here and people are more law-abiding.

The Government is introducing new bills in parliament tomorrow/Tuesday to be able to control people and enforce people to isolate. Army and police will be used to manage it. This is unprecedented in peacetime and we are going to need to comply.

With only 5,000 ventilators in the UK, and the medical estimates that 1 in 20 will need to use one, and with no manufacturer of such equipment based in the UK, we face a challenge if the virus spreads. The NHS can't buy any more as stocks have all been sold and other Governments are stopping their export. This is going to be a hard slog I think. And with around 5m people expecting to be asked to self isolate in a matter of 2 weeks, is it any wonder the supermarkets have seen such panic buying.
Coronavirus on 23:22 - Mar 15 with 1907 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 14:23 - Mar 15 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe the government shouldn’t be feeding the likes of Peston this info on a Saturday evening. The prime minister needs to address the nation daily, and explain what is happening. It’s no wonder people are going off half cocked, on Friday we were letting the herd catch it, now after a lot of criticism from world experts we seem to be changing course. The WHO says we should be testing and tracing people as well as other strategies such as containment.

Looks like Boris has been listening to you, riddler

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51901818

Coronavirus on 08:16 - Mar 16 with 1780 viewsBobbyjoe

If only there were a regional bloc of countries we could join, to coordinate a response and pool resources, say...
Coronavirus on 08:38 - Mar 16 with 1757 viewsTalkingSutty

Coronavirus on 08:16 - Mar 16 by Bobbyjoe

If only there were a regional bloc of countries we could join, to coordinate a response and pool resources, say...

Yes, look how that’s worked out for Italy...the only help they have received is from China. The bloc of EU Countries are all closing their own borders aren’t they ?
Coronavirus on 08:58 - Mar 16 with 1728 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Coronavirus on 08:38 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Yes, look how that’s worked out for Italy...the only help they have received is from China. The bloc of EU Countries are all closing their own borders aren’t they ?

An excellent piece from Andrew Rawnsley in the guardian on the current crisis. He’s hardly a cheerleader for Boris but has written a thoughtful & considered bit of journalism with his take on how the government is handling the situation.
Coronavirus on 09:13 - Mar 16 with 1703 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 08:16 - Mar 16 by Bobbyjoe

The World Health Organisation is the body to do the co-ordinating, not any local bloc - it's a worldwide problem (of course you knew that)

Boris is speaking with the G7 leaders today to encourage co-ordination with the WHO

Coronavirus on 09:31 - Mar 16 with 1669 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 08:58 - Mar 16 by Plattyswrinklynuts

An excellent piece from Andrew Rawnsley in the guardian on the current crisis. He’s hardly a cheerleader for Boris but has written a thoughtful & considered bit of journalism with his take on how the government is handling the situation.

Good call

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/this-coronavirus-crisis-ha

Coronavirus on 10:25 - Mar 16 with 1607 viewsBobbyjoe

Coronavirus on 08:38 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Yes I suppose you're right, and when the £350 million extra a week starts going into the Health Service we'll be the envy of the world.
Coronavirus on 10:27 - Mar 16 with 1598 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 23:22 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

Looks like Boris has been listening to you, riddler

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51901818

I did txt him about it

Coronavirus on 10:38 - Mar 16 with 1581 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 08:58 - Mar 16 by Plattyswrinklynuts

It’s an opinion, measured and interesting. But it’s just that, an opinion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024