Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid and the mentality of some! 19:36 - May 22 with 24686 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well I finally ventured out for the first time since lockdown, mainly as I was missing decent sausages and know local butcher is strict on social distance and only 1 customer per time in the shop, 32 sausages in the freezer and other stuff no issues.

The mrs then decided we had to go to a mini Sainsbury’s for essentials, I headed in (she stayed in the car). Within 30 seconds I avoided 3 builders (no way related) rolling a cig with a homeless women, dodged that.

Got inside and nice 2 meter squares on the floor, within a minute a bloke probably mid 40’s walked right next to me to get his sausages and steak, I made a comment and he moved away and apologised. Just as he did a girl and lad in late teens walked straight through the middle of us, by then the air turned a little blue.

Those breaking the rule (other than the 1 guy) were average age low 20’s, everyone else was moving away, waiting and doing what was expected largely, and some more so.

The point is, we have the highest death rate in Europe, and that goes hand in hand with the highest level of dickheads and lowest level of general respect, add lack of allowable control from the police and, to a point governmental confusion.

Loads of things can be blamed but we are no longer a nation of shopkeepers, we are a nation of fcukwits, we need proper police control, fines, car seizures etc. Stop buggering about and do something about it, bombing Southend beach sadly is too extreme.

I won’t be heading out again for a long while. I genuinely wish I was German, or Dutch, or Australian, or ...........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:40 - May 26 with 1682 views442Dale

There are some who will criticise the media’s part in all this, and without doubt some in that industry may not have covered themselves in glory, but they most definitely have a part to play if it’s providing the country with information about what has gone on. Anyone who thinks having a go at journalists asking relevant questions in press conferences is the way to show some sort of backing for individuals in government, they should take a read of this media article and really have a good think.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/a-slap-face

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:02 - May 26 with 1638 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:40 - May 26 by 442Dale

There are some who will criticise the media’s part in all this, and without doubt some in that industry may not have covered themselves in glory, but they most definitely have a part to play if it’s providing the country with information about what has gone on. Anyone who thinks having a go at journalists asking relevant questions in press conferences is the way to show some sort of backing for individuals in government, they should take a read of this media article and really have a good think.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/a-slap-face

I'm not at all sure we need to read such articles to make us think

I've been critical of the media at certain points during this and other crises, and just as politicians can be criticised when necessary, so should those in the media who take it upon themselves to act in an irresponsible manner

The daily scrum,outside DC's (or Corbyn's house, at certain times) is a typical example of going too far - and that's however much we might disagree with their views/behaviour. Point-scoring questions too, which only make it harder for viewers to discern what's really happening as opposed to who bears a grudge or is seeking promotion. Peston's dismissal by both BJ yesterday and Hancock today should make him blush

But back to the point - we can determine right or wrong without a media filter - all they need do is present us with evidence

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:14 - May 26 with 1617 views442Dale

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:02 - May 26 by D_Alien

I'm not at all sure we need to read such articles to make us think

I've been critical of the media at certain points during this and other crises, and just as politicians can be criticised when necessary, so should those in the media who take it upon themselves to act in an irresponsible manner

The daily scrum,outside DC's (or Corbyn's house, at certain times) is a typical example of going too far - and that's however much we might disagree with their views/behaviour. Point-scoring questions too, which only make it harder for viewers to discern what's really happening as opposed to who bears a grudge or is seeking promotion. Peston's dismissal by both BJ yesterday and Hancock today should make him blush

But back to the point - we can determine right or wrong without a media filter - all they need do is present us with evidence

Agreed on all points, parts of the media, individual reporters included, have not helped one bit.

The evidence is indeed there, this simple Evening News report being an example of that - it gets away from the extremes of those acting like a pack of vultures outside a house or an individual journalist trying to get themselves over as the story. Looking past all that to the facts is what matters and it’s a pity that at times that’s not concentrated on.

Then there’s parts of the media like this. Christ.

[Post edited 26 May 2020 22:29]

Covid and the mentality of some! on 23:24 - May 26 with 1537 viewsD_Alien

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:14 - May 26 by 442Dale

Agreed on all points, parts of the media, individual reporters included, have not helped one bit.

The evidence is indeed there, this simple Evening News report being an example of that - it gets away from the extremes of those acting like a pack of vultures outside a house or an individual journalist trying to get themselves over as the story. Looking past all that to the facts is what matters and it’s a pity that at times that’s not concentrated on.

The MEN article is very much the reason why many, many people are angry about what's happening with Cummings, and rightly so

The danger, as with the deleted (again, rightly so) post in this thread is that anger gets in the way of sound argument and even common sense

It's useful for us all to be reminded of the reality behind those daily mortality figures, now thankfully decreasing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid and the mentality of some! on 07:57 - May 27 with 1423 viewssmaclad1

Covid and the mentality of some! on 22:14 - May 26 by 442Dale

Sometimes ridicule can be as powerful a weapon as reasoned argument. The Cummings mask skit is reflecting back what society's likely response is to be. The driving blind headline is ridiculing the ridiculous. The problem is whether the readership of The Star will appreciate the subtleties of that front page.
Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:05 - May 27 with 1416 viewsMoonyDale

Just announced on the news that the Govt will not look into any fines handed out for parents traveling with their children for childcare reasons, we really are all in this together.....My Arse.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:29 - May 27 with 1402 viewsmingthemerciless

Covid and the mentality of some! on 21:31 - May 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

Going to start a thread tomorrow on which Alfa Romeo I should buy, then everyone can discuss Volvos, Audi’s and Fiats 😂😂😂

Joking apart some interesting views. You should visit the Ipswich fans forum, must me 30 plus threads just on Cummings!

I'm thinking of driving from London to Barnard Castle to get my eyes tested. Whiich one of those four vehicles has the best fuel consumption figures ? Will I be able to get there and back on a full tank of petrol ?
Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:20 - May 27 with 1307 viewsSalegraham

Covid and the mentality of some! on 08:29 - May 27 by mingthemerciless

I'm thinking of driving from London to Barnard Castle to get my eyes tested. Whiich one of those four vehicles has the best fuel consumption figures ? Will I be able to get there and back on a full tank of petrol ?

Certainly not a Range Rover
Login to get fewer ads

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:27 - May 27 with 1295 viewsJames1980

I suppose when getting fuel they could have used pay at pump and wiped the trigger with an antiviral wipe before and after use.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid and the mentality of some! on 12:30 - May 27 with 1293 viewsDaleiLama

Several variations on a theme. Government credibility?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Covid and the mentality of some! on 16:50 - May 27 with 1197 views442Dale

Johnson looking ever so in control again in front of the Liaison Committee.

A particular favourite:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024